Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? (25200 Views)

Ecobank Moves Into Top Five Ranking In The 2019 Banking Customer Experience / Which Is The Best SME Friendly Bank / Innocent Chukwuma: "GT Bank Is Using EFCC To Intimidate, Fight Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 30, 2017
Abduletudaye:

It says i have passed the number of times i can use the unlock my device.

And i understand that but why cant they make it work?

Had to waste 1hour of my work just to be in their branch and nothing happened.
I sent PM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by Abduletudaye(m): 5:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
vimi:

I sent PM

Ok.
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by Abduletudaye(m): 6:04pm On Apr 30, 2017
FBN eh....And i keep receiving sms's from a supposed closed account of mine...why?

I told them in the same two branches i went to that i have regular acc i'm using and i don't need the other as it was for NYSC..

FBN should just lemme alone...

You cant make your app work, then am leaving..

Loosing one customer ain't bad..
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by Edum13656: 6:22pm On Apr 30, 2017
nawtyme:

How about their online response to issues? Does it also come from Banex plaza branch or Oyigbo branch of first bank? Or the Wethral road branch or AP plaza branch of UBA?
Also how come people from different parts of the country commend Access bank, stanbic bank and Diamond Bank (at least going from what we have on this thread)?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make case for firstbank. I only used firstbank based on huge branch network. I only caution us to be more objective.
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by Horlarwaleh(m): 6:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
I was envisaged in a situation to open a Bank Account & i had 2 walk in2 abt 4 different banks nearby, so as to figure out d best wit customer satisfaction resort & U.B.A had 2 cross my doubt by offering d best! so lalastica, stop sayin wt is not meang to...
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by nawtyme: 6:33pm On Apr 30, 2017
Edum13656:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make case for firstbank. I only used firstbank based on huge branch network. I only caution us to be more objective.
I get your point mate and that is why I used 2 banks in my example. Even if physically a staff behaves poorly which is what we see in every bank (there must be a black sheep) the true nature of the bank should be reflected in how they handle issues when presented to them online.
UBA is horrible online and offline.

1 Like

Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by lakesider2006(m): 6:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
PapiSmith:
I would have mentioned GTB but nah...those Niggas aren't friendly they just doing that cuz of the management but diamond banks are awesome mehn! wink

They interact with you during transactions and put on that smiling face all through one of their pretty staff even gave me her number sef the rest is history tongue

I think UBA and FIRST BANK should be wiped out
. I love Diamond Bank die!
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by Edum13656: 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
nawtyme:

I get your point mate and that is why I used 2 banks in my example. Even if physically a staff behaves poorly which is what we see in every bank (there must be a black sheep) the true nature of the bank should be reflected in how they handle issues when presented to them online.

good point, though once i tweeted a complain to 1stbank he responded almost immediately.
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by darediamond(m): 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
jerrybakermillz:
Kk... Savanna bank was once friendly but they close with our parents money, Allstate bank was friendly as well and then society general bank was more like a family but Saraki family chop am close... Me no need a friendly bank that don't add to my money cause I have a lot of friendly friends, want I need from banks is to make transation less stressful in their banking hall
Come c ooooo people...Whalai kwa, friendliness no pay ooo!!! gringrin
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by duval2: 7:57pm On Apr 30, 2017
I give it to Diamond Bank, especially those in Nnewi, new motorcycle spare parts branch, Anambra state...
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by Najwal: 8:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
Cant really say which is most friendly since i havn't had the opportunity to operate with 'em all but the few i have encountered clearly cant see anything friendly about 'em

UBA..... worst bank for me back in kano, always having network issue both at the banking hall/atm, just couldnt understand their constant network problems and very unfriendly tellers.

DIAMOND..... terrible experience i had before i finally abadon the acct, this bank claimed atm over paid me 10k...and i ask if that is posssible and the branch manager said its suprising but they will fix it, i just quitely stop using the acct dont want to hear stories that touch, the account was no longer safe for me to use.

FIRST BANK.... most time no network, i had to leave work several times just to pick up and activate my card but network no dey, some of the tellers are very rude and the overall kill is that most of my colleague using other banks will recieve their salary alert but my Good old First Bank no go pay my salary, i gat to pray and fast on top

GTbank...... what can i say.... unfriendly + stiff + highhorse + rude = GTBank. But i still dey operate with them. And all this bank i have mentioned their teller have been very rude to me that i almost dirty slap 'em but kept my cool.
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by jonero4(m): 8:22pm On Apr 30, 2017
I love fidelity bank
All their customers service are my friend
I usually go there whenever am thirsty to drink their water grin[center][/center] cheesy
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by Balobest(m): 8:27pm On Apr 30, 2017
Na lie all of una dey lie, na power bank jooor. Fast, phone friendly and reliable when NEPA do dier tin. wink tongue coolgrin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by kayyat(f): 8:40pm On Apr 30, 2017
Thank you sir.
Gaddafithe2nd:

Have never said or made a statement like this before on Nairaland. You look beautiful.
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by Abduletudaye(m): 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
Balobest:
Na lie all of una dey lie, na power bank jooor. Fast, phone friendly and reliable when NEPA do dier tin. wink tongue coolgrin

Savage!! grin
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
kayyat:
Thank you sir.
You are welcome ma
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by Slurity(m): 8:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
As for me,UBA is not even a bank. They are worst. we refers to them as Useless Bank of Africa. very useless staff too
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 30, 2017
Listing ke
iliyande:
Give it to Access Bank, they are up there

They call you
They listing to you
Quick issues resolution
No useless deduction
Their Mobile App is up there if not the best

Worst is uba/ecobank
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by ImaIma1(f): 10:07pm On Apr 30, 2017
selflessmaya:
BEST: GTB is great with customer service and transparency, their website is always updated.
WORST: UBA!!! such a sh!t bank.

Wrong...gtb customer service staff were trained never to smile. They attend to you but with no single iota of friendliness...just do and go. Maybe their large customer base makes them have this sense of superiority. They need to work on it. It's the same with about 4 branches i deal with
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by iliyande(m): 10:39pm On Apr 30, 2017
Dreamscometrue:
Listing ke

Nop , listen I mean bro
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by laudate: 4:08am On May 01, 2017
Mpanyi:
Why single out UBA? Have you being even up to one UBA branch with may be a customer interfacing staff that was probably having a bad day and came to the conclusion UBA was worst That was not just fair

Is it every day that their customer service staff is having a bad day? UBA is the worst bank when it comes to service, queues and providing valid answers to enquiries. And this is the norm in most of their branches in Lagos. Haba!! angry

Hardeysolution:
Those calling on UBA has the worst should read this.

1. The day I lost my ATM card. I went to my facebook to chat up with them. I called them but my credit finished and they called me back. They blocked the ATM card that night and explained all to me.

2. My sister opened an account but didn't get her account number on time. We asked a question on how long it takes ND they requested for the bank branch and I tell you it was resolved.

3. I withdrew from the ATM and there was fake money there. I went to the bank and the manager changed it for me.

Go to their twitter handle ND check things out.. ....

UBA isn't a bad bank.. .. The bank that resolves your problem at a stand.. You get your ATM quickly without waste.. ....

UBA

Sorry, I disagree!! UBA is the worst bank I have ever had the misfortune to transact business with. Have you ever tried to deposit cash across the counter at any UBA branch within Lagos before? You would spend hours on the queue. They take delight in making their customers wait needlessly for hours in their branches. shocked

UBA is the only bank that made me update my BVN twice a month, every month for 4 months, and they still could not give me a valid answer as to why it happened. sad

UBA is the only bank that refused to send me a bank statement either by e-mail or post, for two whole years after an account was opened with them, despite several complaints and filling of appropriate forms... undecided

Let me just stop here. Just thinking about their lousy service dey make me vex! angry
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by laudate: 4:21am On May 01, 2017
EvangAsika:
UBA is the best. Have u been to UBA recently they have wonderful service. Don't look at this bank with their old look. Please visit any branch of the bank to confirm. Their ATMS are up 24by7. love UBA
No hidden charges

UBA is the WORST!! angry Especially the ones in Lekki, VGC, Ajah, Victoria Island, Apapa etc area of Lagos. They will display like 6 ATMs in a branch, but only one will be working or dispensing cash. Don't even try using their ATMs on a Sunday. It will either be unable to dispense cash, or it will trap your card. Totally hopeless bank!
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by laudate: 4:28am On May 01, 2017
nawtyme:

I concur. 100%.
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by EvangAsika(m): 5:20am On May 01, 2017
My dear friends,
Do you realize the bank don't give birth to people? Individual come into these banks. Do u also know that banks employ staffs from same market made up of graduate from our naija soil? If you are rating based on staff friendliness all bank staff are the same. A zenith bank staff behaved in a rude manner to me and also abused me but later apologize on the bases of passing Aggression from her boss
Let's stop spoiling business for these banks they are all trying their best
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by laudate: 5:23am On May 01, 2017
EvangAsika:
My dear friends,
Do you realize the bank don't give birth to people? Individual come into these banks. Do u also know that banks employ staffs from same market made up of graduate from our naija soil? If you are rating based on staff friendliness all bank staff are the same. A zenith bank staff behaved in a rude manner to me and also abused me but later apologize on the bases of passing Aggression from her boss

Those banks are the ones spoiling business for themselves with their lousy service e.g. UBA!! angry Other banks that offer good service, do they not hire graduates from the same Nigerian market or soil? Abeg, stop this your attempt to polish UBA's image online. It will not work. Those of us who have had personal encounters with them, know their true colours! sad

1 Like

Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by EvangAsika(m): 5:24am On May 01, 2017
Y
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by nawtyme: 6:22am On May 01, 2017
EvangAsika:
My dear friends,
I guess other banks employ their staff from Togo and UBA employs it's own staff from Nigeria. Who is to blame when they tell you lies online in a coordinated manner? Please forget UBA. If you are a staff there, tell them to improve the quality of services they render.

2 Likes

Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by Hardeysolution(m): 6:51am On May 01, 2017
laudate:

Is it every day that their customer service staff is having a bad day? UBA is the worst bank when it comes to service, queues and providing valid answers to enquiries. And this is the norm in most of their branches in Lagos. Haba!! angry

Sorry, I disagree!! UBA is the worst bank I have ever had the misfortune to transact business with. Have you ever tried to deposit cash across the counter at any UBA branch within Lagos before? You would spend hours on the queue. They take delight in making their customers wait needlessly for hours in their branches. shocked

UBA is the only bank that made me update my BVN twice a month, every month for 4 months, and they still could not give me a valid answer as to why it happened. sad

UBA is the only bank that refused to send me a bank statement either by e-mail or post, for two whole years after an account was opened with them, despite several complaints and filling of appropriate forms... undecided

Let me just stop here. Just thinking about their lousy service dey make me vex! angry
I never experienced all this though. ...there are queues In every functioning bank.. .try Gtbank
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by Kihem: 6:59am On May 01, 2017
Slurity:
As for me,UBA is not even a bank. They are worst. we refers to them as Useless Bank of Africa. very useless staff too

Can we be citing location and reasons, some people are just talking based on what they heard from others or what happened in 1993. Please prove to me that you visited a UBA branch recently and saw old people, Bad ATM, rude staff bad internet banking or Mobile App, delayed transactions, queue.
Well just saying, I think they changed but perception is still dealing with them.

Just passing
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by laudate: 7:02am On May 01, 2017
Hardeysolution:
I never experienced all this though. ...there are queues In every functioning bank.. .try Gtbank

Guy, I have an account with 4 different banks including GT Bank. The queues in GT Bank cannot be compared to UBA. During my last visit to UBA branch at VGC Ikota, I spent 3 hours 19 minutes on the queue!! I know, because I kept track of the time! sad Twice, I complained to their customer service staff, who just looked at me as if I had two heads and shrugged their shoulders!! angry
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by Hardeysolution(m): 7:22am On May 01, 2017
laudate:

Guy, I have an account with 4 different banks including GT Bank. The queues in GT Bank cannot be compared to UBA. During my last visit to UBA branch at VGC Ikota, I spent 3 hours 19 minutes on the queue!! I know, because I kept track of the time! sad Twice, I complained to their customer service staff, who just looked at me as if I had two heads and shrugged their shoulders!! angry
try Ijebu ode branch. ...try unilag branch. ..try ojodu branch
Re: Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? by Saudaau83: 1:14pm On May 01, 2017
DIAMOND BANK, INFACT AS I AM WRITING THIS A MESSAGE ENTER MY MAIL FROM DIAMOND BANK WHICH IS A TESTIMONY TO WHAT I WAS WRITING.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV / Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. / How To Start VTU Business With RAGP COMPANY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.