Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,799 members, 7,844,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Moses, Elijah Vs Antichrist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Moses, Elijah Vs Antichrist (1198 Views)

Primate Elijah Ayodele's 2016 Prophecies: Corruption Will Fight Buhari / The Antichrist Will Be A Gay World Ruler? / CBN Bank Verification Number Is The Antichrist's Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moses, Elijah Vs Antichrist by GoodMuyis(m): 3:32pm On Jan 06, 2010
[center][size=13pt]MOSES, ELIJAH Vs Antichrist[/size]
BEFORE CONTINUE READING THIS TOPIC IF YOU ARE NOT BIBLE STUDENT PLS DONT PROCEED YOU CANT UNDERSTAND IT AND YOU CAN'T CONTRIBUTE REASONABLY.BUT IF YOU WILL REASONABLE TAKE PERMISSIN BEFORE POSTING YOUR OWN VIEW
[/center]

Hello Dear Nairalanders

Am sorry for making this Topic so Sweet, But am somehow confused about what i read in Rev. 11:3-13
you may encounter some error in reading pls I"ll modify it,am just eager to post since last two month

When i read the passage, it seem to me that the two characters there are both Elijah and Moses. I was wandering how true my undersatanding, but i trowed the passage to some of my friends but they could not think as am thinking about the passage, i explain to some but they don't still respond to my explanation nor prove me wrong and explain the passage to me. its only one person that reply me and said

"hmm just try and see any youth leader they can explain it"

I would have contact the youth leader but i dont know what i will met in there mouth though all of them are friendy but i feel somehow to appraoch them. So if have ideas please reply kindly your own point of view thanks

What convinces me

(Rev 11:4)
What this verse says to me have similarity to Lk 9:28-36, Matt 17:1-1, Mk 9:2-10(pls read)
The two are the one who appear unto him and Luke 9:30-31 say:
(30)And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:
(31) Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

(Rev 11:6)
Say something familiar to Elijah and Moses

About Elijah
(James 5:17)
Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.
About Moses
Well as a Bible student we all know that God True the hand of Moses cause plague to fall upon Egypy

BIBLE REFERENCES
=================================================
(Rev 11:3)
And I will give [power] unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred [and] threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
(Rev 11:5)
And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
(Rev 11:7)
And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
(Rev 11: cool
And their dead bodies [shall lie] in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
(Rev 11:9)
And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
(Rev 11: 10)
And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
(Rev 11:11)
And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
(Rev 11:12)
And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Re: Moses, Elijah Vs Antichrist by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 06, 2010
@ OP.D 2witnesses described in Rev11 are not Moses&elijah.From theology&biblical footnotes,we understand that d 2witnesses are MODELLED after moses&elijah via d spirit of God.There work then will be similar to what John d baptist did before Jesus came.They will fore run prior to christ 2nd coming.They will pay with their own as stated in vs 7,before God will take them up in vs 12
Re: Moses, Elijah Vs Antichrist by ancel(m): 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2010
@GoodMuyis:
I think the two witnesses are Enoch and Elijah because they are the prophets who, according to the Bible, never died and have no bodies.

Heb 9:27 And just as it is appointed for [all] men once to die, and after that the [certain] judgment

So, IMO, they are going to return so that they can die once.
Re: Moses, Elijah Vs Antichrist by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2010
Ancel.It couldnt have been enoch,becos vs 6 of Rev11 that d 2men have semblance of Moses&Elijah.So enoch have none.U will only get d ans by studying theology or get the big study bible with footnotes.The entire verdict are stated therein
Re: Moses, Elijah Vs Antichrist by ancel(m): 5:58pm On Jan 06, 2010
Toba, but we know little or nothing of the kind of person that Enoch was, from the generally-accepted books of the Bible, besides the simple phrase that he "walked with God, and was no more, for God took him". Doesn't that remind you of Moses, who walked with God so much that he saw him face to face, and God even had to bury him by Himself? If anyone else was in the spirit of Moses (besides Jesus, as Moses prophesied), then it was Enoch. That's what i think.
Re: Moses, Elijah Vs Antichrist by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2010
As regards who d 2witnesses, i will do more theological research.I called a theologian, who said that its called ESCATOLOGY i.e Revelation which means foretelling us what will come when we get to d time of antichrist.So i think these 2pple can be angels or other fresh men which God will raise in d spirit of Elijah&Moses for 3&1/2yrs preparing d way for Jesus d messiah
Re: Moses, Elijah Vs Antichrist by GoodMuyis(m): 11:35am On Jan 08, 2010
Thanks to You all for your contribution

I would have reply to your post but am not online and i couldn't make my how research, but today am able to get something through GOOGLE

http://www.google.de/search?q=Moses%2C+Elijah+Vs+Antichrist&ie=utf

http://www.whatsaiththescripture.com/Prophecy/PFYI.Antichrist.Beast.html

And More,

I think They may not be Elijah & Moses By Nature But They may have the spirit of then Both, AS IN

These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

I dont Think they are either Enouch nor John The Baptist, becos:
These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

From the above we can see that during Christ Transfiguration Both Moses and Elijah were there and Luke That
Says:
Luke 9:30-31 say:
(30)And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:
(31) Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

This show that there mission is to minister before THe God Of Earth(which is Christ Jesus)
I hope More reply will soon come from Bible Brothers
Re: Moses, Elijah Vs Antichrist by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2010
Gudmuy.U very correct&thats what i said.Luke 9:35 has shown what Elijah&Moses came to do.They came to confirm d work of Jesus on earth in his first coming

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Believe In Destiny. / The Wisdom Of Solomon Turned Into Foolishness / Christianist Crusaders: Fundamenlist Xtians Ban Trouser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.