Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion (88404 Views)

Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British / New Biafran World Heavy Weight Boxer Emerge / This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by 007s(m): 4:57am On Apr 30, 2017
rightwingz:

Algeria is finished na. Apart from Terrorism where do you hear about them?

How many Asians represent white people? name one prominent Asian representing Europe or America in anything?
Asians go to Europe and America to acquire knowledge and opportunities and go back home. But black people never think about home.

are u high on indomie. even Robert kiyosaki claim another father just because he his rich. so if naija no dey try, u no go find ur square root

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by Sammiejokes(m): 5:00am On Apr 30, 2017
I don't really know how boxing is structured. How can a 27 year old guy enter ring with a 40 year old and not finish him. is a lukaku better than IBRA? The annoying part the boy no recognize nigeria
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by Nobody: 5:03am On Apr 30, 2017
princejayboss:

AJ still have a big task ahead if he want to unify the division.... DW is waiting for him.... that guy na KO master... taller than AJ

Nah, I've seen Welder clips, he has a weakness and I'm sure AJ won't waste any second in exploiting that weakness (given the fact that AJ is in love with TKOs) especially when Welder throws that arm swing and AJ successfully counters it cool
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:08am On Apr 30, 2017
RealAlfranco:
This picture proves this statement
"when Anthony Joshua hits you, you stay hit ".

Next time alert us with Graphic picture. angry
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by ettybaba(m): 5:08am On Apr 30, 2017
Sammiejokes:
I don't really know how boxing is structured. How can a 27 year old guy enter ring with a 40 year old and not finish him. is a lukaku better than IBRA? The annoying part the boy no recognize nigeria
How old are you?
Why not challenge Klitschko?

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by Phelix111(m): 5:10am On Apr 30, 2017
SchoolCare:
Honestly, I really had doubts on A.J.. Tha Ukrainian man almost killed Peters.

Good job Anthony. cheesy

Samuel Peter's fight with Vladimir Klitshko was decided by points...and he did not "almost kill Peters"
As a matter of fact, Peters knocked him out in the 3rd round.
Pls always verify your facts before making them public.
Stop smearing our image online.

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by ettybaba(m): 5:11am On Apr 30, 2017
Amarabae:
He looks good with a nice body. Btw why did he reject Nigeria for UK?
The Nigeria boxing coach then was an ibo man.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by Nobody: 5:15am On Apr 30, 2017
Sammiejokes:

Well, you've got to defend your title as long as you're still in the game and damn!, there's a whole lot of cash in matches like this....
Btw, AJ has always recognised 9ja despite the fact that we (the boxing fed.) rejected him..I doubt if he would have gone this far in 9ja sef, you see the tattoo on his right arm? that's more than a thousand words....

Amarabae:
He looks good with a nice body. Btw why did he reject Nigeria for UK?

It's the other way round, we (the boxing fed.) rejected him but now that he's an unstoppable machine everyone's drooling.. smh. . thankfully he still got love for the nation..
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by redcliff: 5:16am On Apr 30, 2017
chicagoPD:
Anthony Joshua wins! grin
Anthony Joshua has become the unified heavyweight champion of the world by adding the WBA belt to his IBF title with an 11th-round stoppage of Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley Stadium.

The 27-year-old Briton nigerian was knocked down in the sixth round but showed determination to bounce back and twice had Klitschko on the canvas in the penultimate round before the referee stepped in.

Fixed!
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by redcliff: 5:20am On Apr 30, 2017
shinaking:
Anthony oluwafemi olaseni joshua omo YORUBA we too get mouth, we lead and the rest follow. Wold champion congrats aburo waa pe fun wa o

Be claiming him you wont go and make name for yourself and family.
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by abysirius(m): 5:21am On Apr 30, 2017
...Tomode baburu won ani boya o fedi AJ. Awa naija, ale feyin si Pepsi.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by redcliff: 5:23am On Apr 30, 2017
BigBrother9ja:

No.
But it's easy for a Camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for you to... lipsrsealed

It was after comments like these eere made, donald trump still won and shamed alot you you.
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by redcliff: 5:23am On Apr 30, 2017
BigBrother9ja:

No.
But it's easy for a Camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for you to... lipsrsealed

It was after comments like these eere made, donald trump still won and shamed alot you
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by Howmon: 5:35am On Apr 30, 2017
You're Damn spot on. Indices may change to favour any of them, but i'm waiting for that game tho. Deon punches heavy, I got a feeling he may not have the speed punches expected to handle AJ
PaulKillerman:

Deontey is not a match for A.J , I tell u... He is not at all...

I have seen their fight, and any good boxing analyst can tell that...
Deontey is more like a kid fighter, he isn't seasoned and hasn't really faced an opponent , just sissies his being facing...
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by zanga420: 5:35am On Apr 30, 2017
sirfee:
grin I'm serious,I like the analysis,well detailed.Do you know that Aj bars his mum from coming...
seriously?
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by Nobody: 5:38am On Apr 30, 2017
SchoolCare:

Good job Anthony. cheesy

kill?! How come... All this boxers wey their blow be like thriller wey jam person
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by Nobody: 5:42am On Apr 30, 2017
ipledge10:
Josua beat the beast... the victory is for Nigeria not UK
see dis one. Na nigeria carry am go championship?... Abeg park.
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by Nobody: 5:50am On Apr 30, 2017
Davidblen:

To Be Candid With You If You Look At Countries Like Uk And Usa 65% Of Their Olympic Star Medalists Are People Who Nationalize naturalized With Them Take A Look At Mo Farah Of Britain, D Dude Is From Kenya, The Reasons Why This Countries Are Stable Is Because They Utilize Talents
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by Nobody: 5:50am On Apr 30, 2017
masterblogger:
Read his biography, he is actually from Nigeria, Onitsha to be be precise. He is from the family of Odogwu IN umumya Lga. His dad, a Nigerian had some issues with his wife's brother who was a governor then so they had to separate.

His dad. a Nigerian sponsored his wife's brother throughout the election but the man disappointed him. That's a sum of 160 million dollars approximately.

let me copy the full story
Joshua was born in Watford to a Nigerian mother and a British father of Nigerian and Irish descent. [5][6] His cousin is fellow unbeaten professional boxer Ben lleyemi. The pair made their professional debuts together in 2013. [7]
Joshua grew up for some of his early years in Nigeria and returned to the UK halfway through
Year Seven to join Kings Langley Secondary School. Growing up on the Meriden Estate in
Garston, Hertfordshire, Joshua was called 'Femi' by his friends and former teachers, due to his middle name 'Oluwafemi'. He excelled at football and athletics and broke the Year Nine 100m record with a time of 11.6 seconds.
please get facts before you post ant stop trying to be tribalistic.

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by ifeanyi83(m): 5:52am On Apr 30, 2017
I'm still waiting for that "congratulatory" tweet from the FG. I hope I'm disappointed...
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by Vokians(m): 5:56am On Apr 30, 2017
Sammiejokes:
Good point. The 27 years is young and agile. But the older needs to defend his title. That's boxing for you.
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 30, 2017
echelons:
Anthony Emeka Joshua. Congrats bro.
Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by TheTechMan: 6:18am On Apr 30, 2017

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by Aromas: 6:29am On Apr 30, 2017
Jpreyz:
Congrats Anthony Adeiza Joshua grin We are so so proud of you.
Na wa o grin u 4 add Eneji put.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by zephry(m): 6:33am On Apr 30, 2017
wawu
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by oodua1stson: 6:38am On Apr 30, 2017
SchoolCare:

Good job Anthony. cheesy

it was only the 2nd fight that he beat Peter. In the 1st fight Samuel Peter sent him to the canvas 3 bloody times. The fight should have been stopped and Peter clearly won in points.
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by oodua1stson: 6:39am On Apr 30, 2017
giftedheart1:
after all the mouth Mr. K had made.... Sorry for him
please respect a legend. Not everyone has the balls to enter a ring . He stepped up and dominated for 10 years.
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by oodua1stson: 6:42am On Apr 30, 2017
masterblogger:
Read his biography, he is actually from Nigeria, Onitsha to be be precise. He is from the family of Odogwu IN umumya Lga. His dad, a Nigerian had some issues with his wife's brother who was a governor then so they had to separate.

His dad. a Nigerian sponsored his wife's brother throughout the election but the man disappointed him. That's a sum of 160 million dollars approximately.

let me copy the full story
this one Don lost oo

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by oodua1stson: 6:48am On Apr 30, 2017
Donjazzy12:

Peter's was always overated
overrated ? A man that floored Klitschko 3 times and got robbed of victory is who you call overrated?

Dickless fools like you are eager to rubbish a man when he's down but you'll never hae the spine to step into the ring

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 30, 2017
Rapsowdee01:
Nigeria-Born Anthony Joshua has defeated Wladimir Klitschko in the fight for the World Heavyweight Title..
He defeated him by TKO in the 11th Round to win the title...

After the fight, he had this to say,

"As I said, I'm not perfect but I'm trying. You leave your ego at the door and respect your opponent.
"Wladimir is a role model in and out of the ring.
"I'm a little bit emotional, because I know I've got doubters. But I dig deep. When you go to the trenches, you find out who you really are."

When asked who he would challenge next... He said,

"Tyson Fury, where you at baby?
"Come on, is that what you want to see? I enjoy fighting. I love fighting. Tyson Fury I know he has been talking a lot and wants to come back and compete
"I want to give 90,000 people another chance to come back and watch some boxing here,"

By the way, At the time of stoppage, the scorecards were as follows:
96-93 AJ
95-93 - AJ
95-93 - WK

It is funny how Nigerians are trying to claim him. The guy and the rest of the world said he is British. Why una no go claim una under wear bomber?
Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by oodua1stson: 6:51am On Apr 30, 2017
Davidblen:

To Be Candid With You If You Look At Countries Like Uk And Usa 65% Of Their Olympic Star Medalists Are People Who Nationalize With Them Take A Look At Mo Farah Of Britain, D Dude Is From Kenya, The Reasons Why This Countries Are Stable Is Because They Utilize Talents
e pele sir. Mo farah is from Somalia

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 30, 2017
MDG007:

Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua

Is it mother that determines statehood in Yoruba land? Aside that, the guy and the rest of the world see him is British. "Una dey claim person wey no send naija"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Italy vs England: Euro 2020 Final (3 - 2) On Penalties On 11th July 2021 / Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet / Nigeria Vs Central African Republic : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 10th Oct 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.