Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,957 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

My Wedding Plan Of 250k - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wedding Plan Of 250k (16500 Views)

Father Refused To Attend My Wedding / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / How False Prophet Nearly Destroyed My Wedding Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wedding Plan Of 250k by shelter4luving(f): 6:15pm On Apr 30, 2017
Happy sunday lovely people. Pls your suggestions/ advice is welcome here.

Am getting married. The days of heart break and all that are over. It's time to smile, love and trust again.
He's been my best friend for a long time. We shared all our secrets with each other. He finally asked me to marry him and I said yes.

Our budget for white wedding is 250k. We want a small wedding besides things are difficult now and he's not financially buoyant now , but I love him like that.

These is the list I came up with :

1. Wedding gown & groom suit -- 15k
I will rent my gown
2. Shoes (bride & groom) - 5k
3. Wedding ring - 2k
We'll buy more better one later
4. Bridal hair/make up - 3k
I don't need a make up artists. Most people already know I look more beautiful without too much painting.
5. Cake (2 tiers of cake) 15k
I know how to bake so na weh weh. Noone can cheat me on that.
6. Reception venue (church premises) tables, canopies, decoration - 25k
7. Photograph (coverage, one photo book, pre wedding) 28k.
We are taking 5 pics for pre wedding in a very standard studio. That will be #500 multiply by 5
8. MC. We'll look for a friend maybe from youth department in church. - 5k
9. Souvenirs - 20k.
10. Food(fried rice, jollof rice, semo, fish) 70k
11. Drinks (soft drinks and 15 bags of sachet water? 25k.

I think everything above is 200k already.

These are the things I can remember. Pls any suggestions or advice? If your suggestions will reduce my above budget, pls its very welcome
Any wedding planner in the House? Pls help me adjust my list above.

Thanks

14 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Paruz1015(m): 6:17pm On Apr 30, 2017
Hmm
Are you guys buying second hand shoe or Wat

24 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Emmaesty(f): 6:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
You want to bake your cake yourself and do your makeup? Isn't that stressful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by hemartins(m): 6:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
Try save extra 150K to your proposed budget. I know how difficult things can be but it's your wedding day, one of the happiest day of your life. Get a better cake, a well organized reception, good photo album, get a wedding gown and Make it worth it.

Happy marriage in Advance.

13 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Bobbyjay001(m): 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
It is very ok. May God bless your marriage.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Negotiate: 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
15k may not be enough for gown and suit.
Let's put that at 20.

If you can, please get good rings. Get gold. It's going to be one of the main things because it stays on after everything has ended. 30 - 40k should do, and you won't bother again. Buy from abokis. It's cheap.

Your decoration seems high. If you're using your church, just appreciate the welfare unit with a crate of malt and 5k in an envelope.

Budget #150/person for souvenir. Buy in bulk.

What about plates for serving? Are you renting extra seats?

5 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by mygeeZ(m): 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2017
A way to go!!! better invest in the marriage than the wedding that is a day thing!!!
Plan for transportation
Kolanuts/Garden egg
Dj
Wine for toast
etc.

3 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by shelter4luving(f): 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
Paruz1015:
Hmm Are you guys buying second hand shoe or Wat
lol. There are good shoes for #2500.

3 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by shelter4luving(f): 6:31pm On Apr 30, 2017
Emmaesty:
You want to bake your cake yourself and do your makeup? Isn't that stressful
no. A friend will handle that. Just that I know what it takes.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by shelter4luving(f): 6:32pm On Apr 30, 2017
hemartins:
Try save extra 150K to your proposed budget. I know how difficult things can be but it's your wedding day, one of the happiest day of your life. Get a better cake, a well organized reception, good photo album, get a wedding gown and Make it worth it.

Happy marriage in Advance.
extra 150k? Ah
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by shelter4luving(f): 6:33pm On Apr 30, 2017
Bobbyjay001:
thanks
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by hemartins(m): 6:36pm On Apr 30, 2017
shelter4luving:
extra 150k? Ah
Yes you can. If both of you save 10k each in 7 months. That's 140k.
It is possible.
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by shelter4luving(f): 6:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
Negotiate:
15k may not be enough for gown and suit.
Let's put that at 20.

If you can, please get good rings. Get gold. It's going to be one of the main things because it stays on after everything has ended. 30 - 40k should do, and you won't bother again. Buy from abokis. It's cheap.

Your decoration seems high. If you're using your church, just appreciate the welfare unit with a crate of malt and 5k in an envelope.

Budget #150/person for souvenir. Buy in bulk.

What about plates for serving? Are you renting extra seats?
wao thanks so much. I forgot my church welfare can handle that. Thanks for reminding me.
Ok. Wedding gown/suit - 20k. Taken

The wedding ring of 30 - 40k. Oh my God.
On souvenirs. Taken.
Plates, am renting. No renting of extra chairs. Church seat will do.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by shelter4luving(f): 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2017
mygeeZ:
A way to go!!! better invest in the marriage than the wedding that is a day thing!!!
Plan for transportation
Kolanuts/Garden egg
Dj
Wine for toast
etc.
oh. I forgot. Thanks
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by mrsfavour(f): 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2017
I love ur simplicity sis, God will perfect ur plans .as u did not hyper for a multimillion wedding, God will make ur anniversary richer than now, I wish u goodness in ur new home.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Partnerbiz(f): 6:40pm On Apr 30, 2017
That's so touching. I wish I could add some money to that..

Luv u..

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by shelter4luving(f): 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
hemartins:
Yes you can. If both of you save 10k each in 7 months. That's 140k. It is possible.
its ok. Thanks
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
why you know kuku reduce the photograph to passport? grin

5 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by shelter4luving(f): 6:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
mrsfavour:
I love ur simplicity sis, God will perfect ur plans .as u did not hyper for a multimillion wedding, God will make ur anniversary richer than now, I wish u goodness in ur new home.
thanks sis
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by dingbang(m): 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
This is the kind of woman I want to spend d rest of my days with. One who is able to manage things.. No matter how big or small..

13 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by shelter4luving(f): 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
Partnerbiz:
That's so touching. I wish I could add some money to that..

Luv u..
thanks
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by taofeek11(m): 6:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
With d money u re actually using for ur wedding, I bet u ur marriage will be successful with abundant provision, but pls invite poor people for ur wedding, it will definitely turn out d best marriage ever...my advice.

8 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by sisisioge: 6:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
Dearest bridey...

It is well.

May God keep the day rain free. Hmmm...well done. I think you calculated well but you didnt quite focus well enough. The shoe part. Why don't you let your groom wear one of his fine old shoes while you use the budgeted amount for your shoes? 5k can't buy the two of you anything decent biko.

The Pre-wedding picture could be scrapped. Just add that 2.5k to your groom's suit budget. You don't want him looking like a love-vendor in a coat, do you? Just get a friend to take free style pics of you two in a nice location( could be a nice estate garden or on their quiet street sef)

I think you could still look glam with the hair and make up budget if you are using yours or a friends products. I would gladly borrow you my makeup if we were same colour ( just buy your brush and puff ni grin) Face could be painted by one of your style guru friends... I know you must have friends who would give M. Angelo a run for his money with the brush.

Overall, you will be fine. Just re-draw your budget with more focus on you and your bobo looking beautiful on that day. This is because, the food, venue or even souvenirs will be forgotten within the next month but your pictures(look) will stay with you forever. Try to look good. Spend buck of the money on you and your dude's looks. You could control the crowd to the barest minimum.

The last wedding I helped planned was budgeted on 2.5 -3m and the bride was a knockout. She looked like a million dollar. No one knew that though her hair took like a 100k but her pair of earrings were only 250naira. Yes, carry yourself gracefully but don't lose class.

May God bless your marriage.

14 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by yomi007k(m): 7:01pm On Apr 30, 2017
smiley

I think I wud hire u as my wedding planner.... wat say u?

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Melsan: 7:02pm On Apr 30, 2017
Sisisioge has said it all. God bless your union.
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by thehedge(f): 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
wedding wahala! who even say you have to do a wedding if you dnt have d money

May Gog bless ur union

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by sisisioge: 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
Melsan:
Sisisioge has said it all. God bless your union.

Baby girl! Na one you, one wedding o. You no dey carry most sniff am grin. God will make it happen soon jare. Howdy?
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Paruz1015(m): 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
shelter4luving:
lol.
There are good shoes for #2500.
Ok
Wish you guys a happy marriage and a happy home

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Agbaletu: 7:12pm On Apr 30, 2017
It is well. I can tell you that you will soon smile. Don't be pushed by anyone. Don't listen to anyone except your man.
A little about my wedding -
I borrowed my brother's suit, wore my old clean shoe, only the shirt and hand gloves were new. 700 naira rings for both of us. Only my woman wore new gown.
We drove in our neighbour's old Peugeot 504. The car stopped and we have to come down to push and we were mocked by neighbours.

Today, I say thank you Lord for where we are now.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Melsan: 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
sisisioge:

Baby girl! Na one you, one wedding o. You no dey carry most sniff am grin. God will make it happen soon jare. Howdy?
Na you I dey folo cheesy cheesy. Amen dearie. I dey jare,na so so sleep sleep grin. You nko?
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by shelter4luving(f): 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2017
@sisisioga. Thanks will take note
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 30, 2017
Bobbyjay001:

Better advice.

OP, that MC part, kuku get a talkative friend and bribe him with the best of food that day. Shikenan

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally / Do Pregnant Women Fart So Much? My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts... / Sponsoring Relatives To Study Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.