Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

My Wedding Plan Of 250k - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wedding Plan Of 250k (16515 Views)

Father Refused To Attend My Wedding / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / How False Prophet Nearly Destroyed My Wedding Day (2) (3) (4)

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by sisisioge: 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
Melsan:
Na you I dey folo cheesy cheesy. Amen dearie. I dey jare,na so so sleep sleep grin. You nko?

I gentle o. All will be well.
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by mysticgal(f): 7:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
@shelter4luving I know someone who could make a great wedding gown at a good rate. Where are you based
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by shelter4luving(f): 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2017
Agbaletu:
It is well. I can tell you that you will soon smile. Don't be pushed by anyone. Don't listen to anyone except your man.
A little about my wedding -
I borrowed my brother's suit, wore my old clean shoe, only the shirt and hand gloves were new. 700 naira rings for both of us. Only my woman wore new gown.
We drove in our neighbour's old Peugeot 504. The car stopped and we have to come down to push and we were mocked by neighbours.

Today, I say thank you Lord for where we are now.
wao.
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Melsan: 8:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
sisisioge:

I gentle o. All will be well.
Amen.
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Prinxx(m): 8:31pm On Apr 30, 2017
God bless you for planning within your means and I pray he perfect all. sisisioge.. you got a monitoring spirit. smileyGod bless you for planning within your means and I pray he perfect all. sisisioge.. you've got a monitoring spirit.

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by stsinner: 8:31pm On Apr 30, 2017
OrestesDante:
why you know kuku reduce the photograph to passport? grin
hahaha. Savage!
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Acidosis(m): 8:55pm On Apr 30, 2017
I don't think you have to pay an MC. These are stuffs church members do freely for a fellow brother. Its so sad what Churches have become these days.

Back home, paying a brother 5k, 100k, or even spending on decor would be vehemently rejected. I mean the church do these stuffs happily and freely for "about-to-weds"

Your man can use one of his good shoes, wrist-watches, even tie. However, try to get a very nice suit and shirt. We have good tailors in Lagos Island that can deliver a competitive yet elegant suit. We have a lot of them in Warri as well. In fact, the best tailors I've met in my life live in Warri. That's the idea way to get get nice wears on low budget.

Lastly, I beg you in the name of God, avoid flashy colours and colour blocking. Never use these flashy colours on a small budget.

A black (not too dark) pant trouser with suit and a maroon colour (deep) shirt on a small budget will turn out good. He can as well use a white shirt... A N2500 shirt is okay, get it starched and ironed and go for a nice haircut (N300-N500) (oboy!).

You can also reverse the colours, maroon (deep) suit with black pant trouser.

Above all, N250,000 is still a lot of money. Spend it wisely knowing what it takes to raise it... You're not cheap, your wedding is also not cheap. There's no all encompassing rule to this thing. There is no benchmark at all as to what couples should spend on weddings. All that matters is how you carry yourself.

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Ishilove: 8:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
hemartins:
Try save extra 150K to your proposed budget. I know how difficult things can be but it's your wedding day, one of the happiest day of your life. Get a better cake, a well organized reception, good photo album, get a wedding gown and Make it worth it.

Happy marriage in Advance.
Are you willing to be a kind benefactor who will dash them the 150k? She said the groom is not financially buoyant and you're here saying something else. When the razzmatazz of the one day wedding ends and marriage begins proper, is it koko garri they will eat?

Try ko, fry ni.

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Ishilove: 9:12pm On Apr 30, 2017
sisisioge:
Dearest bridey...

It is well.

May God keep the day rain free. Hmmm...well done. I think you calculated well but you didnt quite focus well enough. The shoe part. Why don't you let your groom wear one of his fine old shoes while you use the budgeted amount for your shoes? 5k can't buy the two of you anything decent biko.

The Pre-wedding picture could be scrapped. Just add that 2.5k to your groom's suit budget. You don't want him looking like a love-vendor in a coat, do you? Just get a friend to take free style pics of you two in a nice location( could be a nice estate garden or on their quiet street sef)

I think you could still look glam with the hair and make up budget if you are using yours or a friends products. I would gladly borrow you my makeup if we were same colour ( just buy your brush and puff ni grin) Face could be painted by one of your style guru friends... I know you must have friends who would give M. Angelo a run for his money with the brush.

Overall, you will be fine. Just re-draw your budget with more focus on you and your bobo looking beautiful on that day. This is because, the food, venue or even souvenirs will be forgotten within the next month but your pictures(look) will stay with you forever. Try to look good. Spend buck of the money on you and your dude's looks. You could control the crowd to the barest minimum.

The last wedding I helped planned was budgeted on 2.5 -3m and the bride was a knockout. She looked like a million dollar. No one knew that though her hair took like a 100k but her pair of earrings were only 250naira. Yes, carry yourself gracefully but don't lose class.

May God bless your marriage.
Wow... I'm inspired smiley
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by sisisioge: 9:25pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ishilove:

Wow... I'm inspired smiley

U better no go let that your bobo hear you o...no be 20k he talk say him budget? Abi na 200 grin?
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Ishilove: 9:27pm On Apr 30, 2017
sisisioge:

U better no go let that your bobo hear you o...no be 20k he talk say him budget? Abi na 200 grin?
He and who 20k? He's joking angry
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by sisisioge: 9:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ishilove:

He and who 20k? He's joking angry

Berra grin grin
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Ishilove: 9:29pm On Apr 30, 2017
sisisioge:

Berra grin grin
My Hungerbad is not a cheapskate grin
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by HungerBAD: 9:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ishilove:

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by sisisioge: 9:33pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ishilove:

He better not be o...even if na destination wedding una wan do, we dey invite ourselves tongue

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by nnamdibig(m): 9:34pm On Apr 30, 2017
In which country will you get a photo book of 28k?

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Ishilove: 9:35pm On Apr 30, 2017
sisisioge:

He better not be o...even if na destination wedding una wan do, we dey invite ourselves tongue
No o, my sis everything will be in Lagos here. Hungerbad doesn't like stress.

Hunger darling, abi no be so? wink grin
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Ishilove: 9:35pm On Apr 30, 2017
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by sisisioge: 9:36pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ishilove:

If na Lagos, then make una give me ten slots. I dey come with my pepperdem gang. We will slay like babes on the Creed.

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by HungerBAD: 9:36pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ishilove:

Badagry Beach Darling.

Sea Side wedding.

OYO to who no bring life jacket.

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Ishilove: 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
HungerBAD:

Badagry Beach Darling.

Sea Side wedding.

OYO to who no bring life jacket.
You want marine spirits to witness the wedding, shey?

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Ishilove: 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2017
sisisioge:

If na Lagos, then make una give me ten slots. I dey come with my pepperdem gang. We will slay like babes on the Creed.
Just ten? Haba mana, we will even RSVP you grin
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by HungerBAD: 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ishilove:

You want marine spirits to witness the wedding, shey?

Na love.

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by sisisioge: 9:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ishilove:

Just ten? Haba mana, we will even RSVP you grin

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Ishilove: 9:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
HungerBAD:

Na love.
Then when Hungerbad junior shows up with legions of marine demons in him/her, make you no complain.
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by HungerBAD: 9:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ishilove:

Then when Hungerbad junior shows up with legions of marine demons in him/her, make you no complain.

None of our kids will be born close to any water. In short,our Children we go born them for Nevada USA.

The State no get water all kiss kiss kiss

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Ishilove: 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
HungerBAD:

None of our kids will be born close to any water. In short,our Children we go born them for Nevada USA.

The State no get water all kiss kiss kiss
Lol. Character cheesy cheesy kiss
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Mimzyy(f): 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
Nice. What matters is the happily ever after...

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by HungerBAD: 9:50pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ishilove:

Lol. Character cheesy cheesy kiss

kiss kiss kiss kiss Oya come the Oda room. No more public love.

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by waywardpikin: 9:56pm On Apr 30, 2017
Wow I really love this thread. I sincerely wish you best of luck from the bottom of my heart. It shall be well with you and le boo.

Stories like these make my heart flutter. cheesy cheesy

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Eketem: 10:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
Don't listen to anyone saying increase your budget my sister, your plans are good and correct.

It is just 3 hours you should use any extra money to fund your new home. You are not trying to impress anybody abeg.

There are serious bills post wedding especially in this Buhari economy.

Anybody on Nairaland who thinks what you are spending is not enough can send donations and contributions.

Your plan and budget is good and perfect abeg, you can upgrade your ring in future when things are better

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 30, 2017
shelter4luving:
Happy sunday lovely people. Pls your suggestions/ advice is welcome here.

Am getting married. The days of heart break and all that are over. It's time to smile, love and trust again.
He's been my best friend for a long time. We shared all our secrets with each other. He finally asked me to marry him and I said yes.

Our budget for white wedding is 250k. We want a small wedding besides things are difficult now and he's not financially buoyant now , but I love him like that.

These is the list I came up with :

1. Wedding gown & groom suit -- 15k
I will rent my gown
2. Shoes (bride & groom) - 5k
3. Wedding ring - 2k
We'll buy more better one later
4. Bridal hair/make up - 3k
I don't need a make up artists. Most people already know I look more beautiful without too much painting.
5. Cake (2 tiers of cake) 15k
I know how to bake so na weh weh. Noone can cheat me on that.
6. Reception venue (church premises) tables, canopies, decoration - 25k
7. Photograph (coverage, one photo book, pre wedding) 28k.
We are taking 5 pics for pre wedding in a very standard studio. That will be #500 multiply by 5
8. MC. We'll look for a friend maybe from youth department in church. - 5k
9. Souvenirs - 20k.
10. Food(fried rice, jollof rice, semo, fish) 70k
11. Drinks (soft drinks and 15 bags of sachet water? 25k.

I think everything above is 200k already.

These are the things I can remember. Pls any suggestions or advice? If your suggestions will reduce my above budget, pls its very welcome
Any wedding planner in the House? Pls help me adjust my list above.

s
Hope God bless you for this break down. Most importantly, for planning ahead to avoid over spending.
Please always go out with a copy of these list to keep you in check when ever you are to get any of the items you listed .

Husband Paid His Wife House Rent For Good 10 Years: Unknownly / The Nigerian Man Who Has 86 Wives / When Should Parents Let Teenagers Make Their Own Decisions?