Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,000 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

My Wedding Plan Of 250k - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wedding Plan Of 250k (16445 Views)

Father Refused To Attend My Wedding / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / How False Prophet Nearly Destroyed My Wedding Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by shelter4luving(f): 9:15pm On May 01, 2017
Thanks so much everyone for your advice, suggesting, prayers. Gone through the whole post and I learnt a lot.
God bless you all for sharing your ideas, life experience, suggestions.
Am grateful

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by eigmaticme: 10:02pm On May 01, 2017
shelter4luving:
thanks for reminding me on best man suit and the chief brides maid wear.
For food budget, for now it's going to be that way pls. Thanks

You dont have to make provision for the chief bridesmaid and bestman.

Remember you are on a budget.

They should help out by wearing what they have or can afford to buy
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by MissIndependent(f): 11:24pm On May 01, 2017
shelter4luving:
thanks for reminding me on best man suit and the chief brides maid wear.
For food budget, for now it's going to be that way pls. Thanks
You are not responsible for chiefbridesmaid and bestman wear let them get it themselves.
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by eipreel(f): 12:11am On May 02, 2017
Awesome! Only that I wouldn't like to use church premises as it would still attract crowd. I know those church members very well angry

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by profoslan(m): 6:04am On May 02, 2017
My only question is how many guests are you expecting?

I just did my wedding too and my initial budget was in the same area with yours but it doubled overnight but everything turns out perfect.

Congratulations in advance.
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Nobody: 11:23am On May 02, 2017
God bless this thread ...wish I could give all you a hug . So many positive words of encouragement .

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by lastmessenger: 12:51pm On May 02, 2017
I don't know if this is possible but op if you are real, I would love to attend the wedding.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Cherie69: 2:22pm On May 02, 2017
I'll use my natural hair
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Cherie69: 2:22pm On May 02, 2017
No time for fake hair
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by goldenone(f): 2:26pm On May 02, 2017
Op, I must say you are a true woman of virtue, however, as someone said earlier, #70k is too small to feed 150 guests, why not tell your fam members i.e mum and sibling to divert most of their extra support into food since you have every other thing figured out. During my brother's wedding few years back, he only bought a bag of rice and gave mum small change. She bought some cartons of chicken and got some of her family members to help with cooking. Note that during cooking don't involve neighbors cos you have to bear the cost of extra feeding for those that are helping you. You don't need too many people. No need for prewedding pix! Just look for a friend that has a phone with very good camera resolution at least 8 - 13 megapixels! A photo book is important so you can't rule that out no matter how small! No need for extra pics! Every pix any other person takes with you that doesn't have to be in your photo book should be on them. Be mindful of who picks money for you during your trad! Don't trust any friend! Use a trusted sibling! This is very important so you can at least regain a bit. Like someone also said earlier, get a nice shoe, about 4k-5k should do let your groom Polish one of his old shoes! You can use your trade shoe for the white wedding if you use silver! I'll add more later. Nb I'm not married, just giving advice based on experiences gained from siblings weddings.

4 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by CoCoLav(f): 4:17pm On May 02, 2017
OP, if I were you, I would reduce the number of guests to 50 or 70. Honestly, 70 people is still a crowd. That will enable you feed them better on a small budget.

Secondly, no one really needs printed photos these days. Get a photographer with a digital camera to take the pictures and give you the digital copy. Select one or two that you like and get it framed for your living room.

For the shoe part, wedding gowns are usually so long that nobody sees your shoe. Your groom on the other hand, everybody will notice his shoe so probably best to invest in his shoe. Besides, he can wear the shoe long after the wedding to the office and anywhere. Women's shoes on the other hand have to match the ocassion and the dress.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by udysweet(f): 7:39pm On May 02, 2017
Melsan:
Yipee. Can't wait to chop wedding jellof rice. wink
and she pops up again. grin
Where you dey always dey wey you dey show like blue moon? Guess you are doing great by the way. Don't worry I'm waiting to eat pounded yam and egusi with orisirisi at yours too smiley
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Melsan: 9:05pm On May 02, 2017
udysweet:
and she pops up again. grin
Where you dey always dey wey you dey show like blue moon? Guess you are doing great by the way. Don't worry I'm waiting to eat pounded yam and egusi with orisirisi at yours too smiley
Lol. I dey around nau. Chaii,i don miss you like mofedaku oo grin grin. Nothing do you,you go chop carry go house but na Lag bus you go take carry go house ooo cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by gametalk: 9:14pm On May 02, 2017
GOD BLESS YOU .....
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by poshestmina(f): 9:30pm On May 02, 2017
smiley smiley Wow! this is beautiful ! Op may God shower his blessings and love upon your new family .You'll always remember your wedding day and smile .i'm touched .God bless you!
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Nobody: 8:28am On May 03, 2017
IMHO, it's better you don't have a party at all than have something tepid like this.
What happened to going straight from the registry to a hotel/bar with a small group of friends/family and spend that 200k on drinks, chops and the ambience?
I don't even eat cake.

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by gracygem100: 1:24pm On May 03, 2017
Op I like ur style. I'm personally not a fan of big and crowdy weddings. Happy Married Life in advance
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by shelter4luving(f): 2:12pm On May 03, 2017
Thanks
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by beyondwalls: 5:18pm On May 03, 2017
Madam shelter4luving,

This is inspiring!

Respect to your sense and may your home be blessed. Thanks for sharing.

1.What i have to say is look at the objective of the wedding party again with your bobo. The two below I think can be the broad reasons behind wedding party-

a. the couple & memory
b. the crowd/guests
I am of the opinion that the party is to create a beautiful memory for the couple and therefore focus should be on them and not so much on the crowd or guests. A balance of this will make the party more beautiful especially when the resources are available otherwise there may be a need for compromise.

2. The focus of the wedding (based on 1 above) should then prioritize the allocation of the resources. So for example why would you spend more on decoration than your outfits? Fine, the decoration will be in the pictures but it will only last for the duration of the wedding while the pictures of the couple linger longer… More than 50% of that budget is spent on people-food, drink, souvenirs, I hope they don’t just eat and go or drop wall clocks as gifts…

3. You may then look at your list again and see if your objectives and plans marry.

Respect to you once again. BTW, I don’t mind coming to dance at the parry oo smiley grin

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 03, 2017
I don't know how to do it but if you plan to spend 250K then plan with max 200k
Keep 50K handy.. Uncalled for expenses will arise..
Another option is to totally scrap out the reception part..
Get the food packed in this plastic takeaway plate with your wedding sticker on it..
Cook only rice, put the food and drink in a bag and share to everyone after snapping pictures..

Please look for a good photographer, you will always appreciate the pics after those few hours of wedding

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Lanresnett(m): 3:36am On May 04, 2017
Your grooms suit. Buy material 3 1/2 yards, 800 per yard. A good tailor between 6000 to 7000. Bow tie 600, comes with cufflinks . I hv 2 brand new ones i culd giv out free of charge (golden yellow ) . White shirt 2000.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Nobody: 4:44am On May 04, 2017
I hope you aren't planning to invite more than 100 people? If you want people to be happy after your wedding, with your budget invite only very close family and friends, don't tell too many people about it. It's better to invite a few guests that will leave the venue satisfied and well fed than to have guests that will leave hungry as they will never stop mocking you

Plan N700/one person (feeding)

God bless your marriage

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Eketem: 6:27am On May 04, 2017
Pidgin2:
I hope you aren't planning to invite more than 100 people? If you want people to be happy after your wedding, with your budget invite only very close family and friends, don't tell too many people about it. It's better to invite a few guests that will leave the venue satisfied and well fed than to have guests that will leave hungry as they will never stop mocking you

God bless your marriage

Let them mock, they are the hungry people who cannot eat in their house and are greedily waiting for someone's wedding to go and eat there.

Abeg a couple getting married should be concerned about building a Home not about hungry people mocking them

5 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by divinelove(m): 7:11am On May 04, 2017
Pidgin2:

God bless your marriage

#700/person haba dts way tooo high even if she is planning to do royalty / celeb wedding.

Op 400 per person is more than okay

Tip to reduce cost on food, cook only rice (jollof n fried) with salad forget soup n semo BC dt soup making dey chop money. Get beef n fish n fry them.

Again sharing of rice to crowd is easier n can easily go round.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by MissIndependent(f): 12:16pm On May 04, 2017
Pidgin2:

God bless your marriage
Wetin concern am with mockers cos of food? You can't satisfy everyone in a wedding if u like kill 10 cows ppl will still tell you they didn't eat after eating 5plates. If they want to eat let them go to their house and eat after the occasion or they should support by bringing their own food to serve the guest which is not a bad idea too. Are they coming to eat food only in the occasion? Rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Estonto(f): 1:50pm On May 04, 2017
Let me suggest they get ring of about 7-10,000 Naira (steel) its durable. they can get gold when they are financially buoyant.
Negotiate:
15k may not be enough for gown and suit.
Let's put that at 20.

If you can, please get good rings. Get gold. It's going to be one of the main things because it stays on after everything has ended. 30 - 40k should do, and you won't bother again. Buy from abokis. It's cheap.

Your decoration seems high. If you're using your church, just appreciate the welfare unit with a crate of malt and 5k in an envelope.

Budget #150/person for souvenir. Buy in bulk.

What about plates for serving? Are you renting extra seats?
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Estonto(f): 2:27pm On May 04, 2017
What about traditional wedding? Is it only church wedding?

Lets look at it this way:
Your personal things come first (I am citing example of my own wedding expenses)
Traditional wear for husband and wife (lace and aso oke - just gele, ipele, cap, veil, hand fan, shoe and bag for bride and sewing) - 35,000
Eru iyawo (bought the box and the items myself, sebi na me get am cool20,000
Food and drinks (rice, semo, amala, meat, fish, vegetable, bottle water, bottle coke - small, alcoholic drinks and wine) budgeted for 50people but more than 100 came and were all satisfied and even had takeaway - my paramount concern. - 120k
Chairs and tables - 5000
Venue - our living room - so no decor
Cake - very beautiful big cake - 10,000
Souvenirs - Courtesy of my siblings and mum
Photograph/Album - A friend (11,000)
Ring - steel - complete set - 7,000

Church Wedding
No gown - Just made a very beautiful skirt and blouse lace with the same gele and ipele i used of trad, same my hubby - 6,000
Paid 7,000 (church expenses)
Paid registry for marriage licence - 10,000
Bought drinks for thanksgiving and for priests and few parishioners present (it was a weekday) - 5,000
Collected certificate in the church.
Hosted few family members that came - including key family members - father, mother, uncles, aunties and siblings) - 20,000
Shikena.

No money to spend unnecessarily - we go chop after wedding na. Now we are waxing stronger and growing bigger.

Key Note: Don't try to please anybody.

Congrats dear.

shelter4luving:
Happy sunday lovely people. Pls your suggestions/ advice is welcome here.

Am getting married. The days of heart break and all that are over. It's time to smile, love and trust again.
He's been my best friend for a long time. We shared all our secrets with each other. He finally asked me to marry him and I said yes.

Our budget for white wedding is 250k. We want a small wedding besides things are difficult now and he's not financially buoyant now , but I love him like that.

These is the list I came up with :

1. Wedding gown & groom suit -- 15k
I will rent my gown
2. Shoes (bride & groom) - 5k
3. Wedding ring - 2k
We'll buy more better one later
4. Bridal hair/make up - 3k
I don't need a make up artists. Most people already know I look more beautiful without too much painting.
5. Cake (2 tiers of cake) 15k
I know how to bake so na weh weh. Noone can cheat me on that.
6. Reception venue (church premises) tables, canopies, decoration - 25k
7. Photograph (coverage, one photo book, pre wedding) 28k.
We are taking 5 pics for pre wedding in a very standard studio. That will be #500 multiply by 5
8. MC. We'll look for a friend maybe from youth department in church. - 5k
9. Souvenirs - 20k.
10. Food(fried rice, jollof rice, semo, fish) 70k
11. Drinks (soft drinks and 15 bags of sachet water? 25k.

I think everything above is 200k already.

These are the things I can remember. Pls any suggestions or advice? If your suggestions will reduce my above budget, pls its very welcome
Any wedding planner in the House? Pls help me adjust my list above.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by adecares(f): 8:35pm On May 04, 2017
Agbaletu:
It is well. I can tell you that you will soon smile. Don't be pushed by anyone. Don't listen to anyone except your man.
A little about my wedding -
I borrowed my brother's suit, wore my old clean shoe, only the shirt and hand gloves were new. 700 naira rings for both of us. Only my woman wore new gown.
We drove in our neighbour's old Peugeot 504. The car stopped and we have to come down to push and we were mocked by neighbours.

Today, I say thank you Lord for where we are now.

lol, am forced to quote you, you are indeed an original Agbaletu.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Titilayooni(f): 5:17am On May 09, 2017
shelter4luving:
Happy sunday lovely people. Pls your suggestions/ advice is welcome here.

Am getting married. The days of heart break and all that are over. It's time to smile, love and trust again.
He's been my best friend for a long time. We shared all our secrets with each other. He finally asked me to marry him and I said yes.

Our budget for white wedding is 250k. We want a small wedding besides things are difficult now and he's not financially buoyant now , but I love him like that.

These is the list I came up with :

1. Wedding gown & groom suit -- 15k
I will rent my gown
2. Shoes (bride & groom) - 5k
3. Wedding ring - 2k
We'll buy more better one later
4. Bridal hair/make up - 3k
I don't need a make up artists. Most people already know I look more beautiful without too much painting.
5. Cake (2 tiers of cake) 15k
I know how to bake so na weh weh. Noone can cheat me on that.
6. Reception venue (church premises) tables, canopies, decoration - 25k
7. Photograph (coverage, one photo book, pre wedding) 28k.
We are taking 5 pics for pre wedding in a very standard studio. That will be #500 multiply by 5
8. MC. We'll look for a friend maybe from youth department in church. - 5k
9. Souvenirs - 20k.
10. Food(fried rice, jollof rice, semo, fish) 70k
11. Drinks (soft drinks and 15 bags of sachet water? 25k.

I think everything above is 200k already.

These are the things I can remember. Pls any suggestions or advice? If your suggestions will reduce my above budget, pls its very welcome
Any wedding planner in the House? Pls help me adjust my list above.

Thanks
am not a wedding planner but let me ask how many pple are u inviting?you are gonna spend more cos i saw shoes for the couple 5k,where do u want to get that?why cnt u just go to registry and still have it classy..
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by extremelygolden: 8:30pm On May 09, 2017
dingbang:
This is the kind of woman I want to spend d rest of my days with. One who is able to manage things.. No matter how big or small..

You will find her in Jesus Name. The Scripture says it is possible for them that believe.
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Ishilove: 8:45pm On May 09, 2017
lastmessenger:
I don't know if this is possible but op if you are real, I would love to attend the wedding.
She is on a budget. Don't go and shorten the ration tongue cheesy
Re: My Wedding Plan Of 250k by Ishilove: 8:51pm On May 09, 2017
Estonto:
What about traditional wedding? Is it only church wedding?

Lets look at it this way:
Your personal things come first (I am citing example of my own wedding expenses)
Traditional wear for husband and wife (lace and aso oke - just gele, ipele, cap, veil, hand fan, shoe and bag for bride and sewing) - 35,000
Eru iyawo (bought the box and the items myself, sebi na me get am cool20,000
Food and drinks (rice, semo, amala, meat, fish, vegetable, bottle water, bottle coke - small, alcoholic drinks and wine) budgeted for 50people but more than 100 came and were all satisfied and even had takeaway - my paramount concern. - 120k
Chairs and tables - 5000
Venue - our living room - so no decor
Cake - very beautiful big cake - 10,000
Souvenirs - Courtesy of my siblings and mum
Photograph/Album - A friend (11,000)
Ring - steel - complete set - 7,000

Church Wedding
No gown - Just made a very beautiful skirt and blouse lace with the same gele and ipele i used of trad, same my hubby - 6,000
Paid 7,000 (church expenses)
Paid registry for marriage licence - 10,000
Bought drinks for thanksgiving and for priests and few parishioners present (it was a weekday) - 5,000
Collected certificate in the church.
Hosted few family members that came - including key family members - father, mother, uncles, aunties and siblings) - 20,000
Shikena.

No money to spend unnecessarily - we go chop after wedding na. Now we are waxing stronger and growing bigger.

Key Note: Don't try to please anybody.

Congrats dear.

E dakun, which year was this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

She Wants A Maid I Don't Like / Raising A Child To Speak English In Nigeria: Is It Proper? / Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.