Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Africans - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Africans (875 Views)

Why Africans Do Not Like To Settle Down With Single Mothers / This Is One Of The Reasons South Africans Don't Like Nigerians. / Why Does Nigeria Have More Good Looking Women Than Other Africans?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africans by Nomfanelo99(f): 5:13pm On May 01, 2017
The reason why as Africans we don't progress financially is because we don't tell each other the truth.

You find a young man who only has an entry level job, or who doesn't have a job at all, who cannot feed himself, who doesn't have an investment account with any bank and has no other additional source of income; you find that young man telling people ," I'm getting married, come to my wedding" and people will smile back and comment , " Wow!!" , " Congratulations" ," Good luck in your marriage".

My question is, "Congratulations" for what? Why can't people be open and honest with that brother and ask him the relevant questions. Questions like, " Have you planned financially for life after the wedding?" " How do you plan to sustain your wife and kids once the family starts growing?" " How do you even plan to finance your wedding or do you plan on collecting donations from well wishers?" These are the questions people need to be asking every young man and young woman who announce that they are getting married.

Unfortunately, in Africa we are too dumb, too fearful and too respectful to ask each other the pertninent questions. That's why we are forever broke. That's why people get married and pass on their poverty to their kids.That's why we congratulate each other when we know very well someone is making a bad decision.

I refuse to be part of that mediocrity. If you are my friend, I will not congratulate for your mediocrity, I will ask you the really piercing questions. If you don't like my honesty, then don't be my friend.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Africans by Kingoflotto(m): 5:17pm On May 01, 2017
Nomfanelo99:
The reason why as Africans we don't progress financially is because we don't tell each other the truth.

You find a young man who only has an entry level job, or who doesn't have a job at all, who cannot feed himself, who doesn't have an investment account with any bank and has no other additional source of income; you find that young man telling people ," I'm getting married, come to my wedding" and people will smile back and comment , " Wow!!" , " Congratulations" ," Good luck in your marriage".

My question is, "Congratulations" for what? Why can't people be open and honest with that brother and ask him the relevant questions. Questions like, " Have you planned financially for life after the wedding?" " How do you plan to sustain your wife and kids once the family starts growing?" " How do you even plan to finance your wedding or do you plan on collecting donations from well wishers?" These are the questions people need to be asking every young man and young woman who announce that they are getting married.

Unfortunately, in Africa we are too dumb, too fearful and too respectful to ask each other the pertninent questions. That's why we are forever broke. That's why people get married and pass on their poverty to their kids.That's why we congratulate each other when we know very well someone is making a bad decision.

I refuse to be part of that mediocrity. If you are my friend, I will not congratulate for your mediocrity, I will ask you the really piercing questions. If you don't like my honesty, then don't be my friend.
a lot of factors contribute to africa's undevelopment....mainly our mentality nd attitude
Re: Africans by smartty68(m): 5:17pm On May 01, 2017
Please give this thread a better title. Thanks
Re: Africans by Nomfanelo99(f): 5:25pm On May 01, 2017
smartty68:
Please give this thread a better title. Thanks
will do
Re: Africans by Mznaett: 5:26pm On May 01, 2017
I keep saying this "love is never enough."
It's stupid to get married when you can't even take care of yourself first.

1 Like

Re: Africans by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 01, 2017
For you sake @ O.p i'll take any risk
Re: Africans by greatnaija01: 5:31pm On May 01, 2017
DUrban baddest chic, i hail you... BUT next time do not generalize speak for S.A and yourself.

IN my country NIGERIA, most of our ladies are self employed, and most of our guys are financially stable... ONLY the MENTALLY LAZY ARE IDLE.

when Ladies cross 35 they no longer care about financial status cos they can foot the bills but the NEED is what makes the pressure high and also MENOPAUSE is at the door... But while you are young, Yes money is necessary, BUT as one gets OLDER... COMPANIONSHIP becomes the real deal. The rich are also Lonely if they have no true companionship that is not based on money. So your advice should be that as a YOUTH male or female.... MAKE MONEY but BUILD REAL RELATIONSHIPS.

There are only 2 ways to be wealthy in this LIFE... 1- MAKE MONEY and 2- HAVE TRUE FRIENDS.... but you cant have both in equal quantities
Am Happy to be from Africa.

Nomfanelo99:

Re: Africans by Nomfanelo99(f): 5:36pm On May 01, 2017
Mznaett:
I keep saying this "love is never enough."

It's stupid to get married when you can't even take care of yourself first.

some people may agree and some may not . marriage is good but it must be done at the right time
Re: Africans by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 01, 2017
Nomfanelo99:

some people may agree and some may not . marriage is good but it must be done at the right time
this is the only time you just made sense.. Nice one.
Re: Africans by Nomfanelo99(f): 5:47pm On May 01, 2017
greatnaija01:
DUrban baddest chic, i hail you... BUT next time do not generalize speak for S.A and yourself.

IN my country NIGERIA, most of our ladies are self employed, and most of our guys are financially stable... ONLY the MENTALLY LAZY ARE IDLE.

when Ladies cross 35 they no longer care about financial status cos they can foot the bills but the NEED is what makes the pressure high and also MENOPAUSE is at the door... But while you are young, Yes money is necessary, BUT as one gets OLDER... COMPANIONSHIP becomes the real deal. The rich are also Lonely if they have no true companionship that is not based on money. So your advice should be that as a YOUTH male or female.... MAKE MONEY but BUILD REAL RELATIONSHIPS.

There are only 2 ways to be wealthy in this LIFE... 1- MAKE MONEY and 2- HAVE TRUE FRIENDS.... but you cant have both in equal quantities
Am Happy to be from Africa.

I wasn't generalizing nor speaking about south Africans as my thread clearly states Africans. some may relate and some may not .
Re: Africans by Nomfanelo99(f): 5:50pm On May 01, 2017
SorftWerk:
this is the only time you just made sense.. Nice one.
it's an open discussion and your opinion would be highly appreciated
Re: Africans by McBrooklyn(m): 5:51pm On May 01, 2017

Re: Africans by Young03(m): 5:56pm On May 01, 2017
How i wish i know what to say here

well, Afrika is a great continent sometimes funny
eg. Nigeria
Re: Africans by skylane: 8:07pm On May 01, 2017
many a people will never embark on a journey without having wat will sustain them during the journey,although some ppl do out of taking a "calculated risk" a huge luck might meet them on the way.most times two heads is better off than one,some will become better after nuptial union,it all lies on destiny,if you can see what u can achieve,then u don't have a problem,ujani sithandasami? ngikukhumbulile

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do In This Situation / "cyber love" is it real love or fantasy? / Big Back Girls Shows Of For Davido"see Video"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.