Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (429487 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by dehiero: 10:24am On Nov 15, 2021
pls i want to buy a piece of land from adron homes at their ibadan estate ...has anyone done business with them before?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Yansham: 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
Good Afternoon house.

Please who has a contact in Ministry of Lands, Oyo state?

Very urgent pls.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by g8662: 1:21pm On Nov 18, 2021
The original now post is over 10 years old.
Is the content really evergreen?
As in, are all the info in it still relevant in 2021?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MelaninGemstone(f): 9:31am On Nov 20, 2021
Treash:

The law, please what is the difference between deed of assignment and deed of agreement
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 10:58am On Nov 20, 2021
MelaninGemstone:
The law, please what is the difference between deed of assignment and deed of agreement

Deed of assignment transfers all the interest in land to another person. Deed of agreement does not only transfer, it state details of what parties are doing on the land.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MelaninGemstone(f): 11:37am On Nov 20, 2021
Treash:

Deed of assignment transfers all the interest in land to another person. Deed of agreement does not only transfer, it state details of what parties are doing on the land.
Thanks a lot. So which is better among the 2?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by chccho(m): 1:02am On Nov 22, 2021
Hello everyone, pls i have a big problem with land grabbers aka Omo onile in eleko ibeju lekki area. Even after signed agreement and given them cash of 200k these boys are still tormenting me on the said plot of land. Pls who has the best idea on what to do to permanently solve this problem.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by mountmoriah(m): 2:08am On Nov 23, 2021
chccho:
Hello everyone, pls i have a big problem with land grabbers aka Omo onile in eleko ibeju lekki area. Even after signed agreement and given them cash of 200k these boys are still tormenting me on the said plot of land. Pls who has the best idea on what to do to permanently solve this problem.

These are how to solve this problem

First is it from the family or from estate agents, or estate developers you bought this land? (1st Question)

Second if it's from the family, Do you have family receipt, after your family receipt, have you survey? is your survey register? Do you have a C of O? if you have all these documents with and they still threaten you, you can jail them.

Thirdly if you buy from estate developer, you must cover with global C of O but in this your case is like you bought from the family.

give me a call i will sort it for you.

check my signature
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by chccho(m): 10:33am On Nov 23, 2021
mountmoriah:

These are how to solve this problem

First is it from the family or from estate agents, or estate developers you bought this land? (1st Question)

Second if it's from the family, Do you have family receipt, after your family receipt, have you survey? is your survey register? Do you have a C of O? if you have all these documents with and they still threaten you, you can jail them.

Thirdly if you buy from estate developer, you must cover with global C of O but in this your case is like you bought from the family.

give me a call i will sort it for you.

check my signature
Okay thank u very much for this input
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by iphenon: 9:39pm On Nov 23, 2021
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by mountmoriah(m): 12:04am On Nov 24, 2021
iphenon:
I bought a piece of land and I plan to just fence it around as I don't plan to build anything on it anytime soon (in the next 3 years).

I would like to ask, does fencing alone offer enough security from trespassers or do I have to go a bit further by laying a foundation? I am also considering just moulding blocks and leaving it on the land, if that will be enough as I don't have enough funds at the moment.

fencing alone doesn't stop people that own their land not check their on land expect you have evidences to proof they sold the land to you, documents from family and government alone can defend you u, land?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Canada2021: 5:26am On Nov 24, 2021
iphenon:
I bought a piece of land and I plan to just fence it around as I don't plan to build anything on it anytime soon (in the next 3 years).

I would like to ask, does fencing alone offer enough security from trespassers or do I have to go a bit further by laying a foundation? I am also considering just moulding blocks and leaving it on the land, if that will be enough as I don't have enough funds at the moment.
fencing is a palliative measure. Perfecting your ownership I.e by applying for Governors Consent or C of O and registration is the safest means of securing your land.

Doing this also increases the value of the land just incase u decide to resell

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 7:47am On Nov 24, 2021
Canada2021:
fencing is a palliative measure. Perfecting your ownership I.e by applying for Governors Consent or C of O and registration is the safest means of securing your land.

Doing this also increases the value of the land just incase u decide to resell
fencing is okay but try to build small store or shop at front and rent it out after fencing it that is best way of securing land

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.