Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,406 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (428874 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by hslbroker2(m): 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
Canada2021:
fencing is a palliative measure. Perfecting your ownership I.e by applying for Governors Consent or C of O and registration is the safest means of securing your land.

Doing this also increases the value of the land just incase u decide to resell
correct
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by hslbroker2(m): 5:21pm On Nov 29, 2021
DFAMEGUY11S:
fencing is okay but try to build small store or shop at front and rent it out after fencing it that is best way of securing land
not the best way just to have an eyes on ground, perfecting your documents with government is the best way, have you seen where a house was built on a land and was demolish by the real owner and the land reclaim back.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Onyeara: 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hi All, lawyesr in the house I am about to buy into an estate some where in ota,I was told after payment I will be issued with receipt. deed and convenant that development leavy will be communicated at later date. They said that convenant is rules and regulations guiding the estate.
What I want to know is that does estate has that power to control people afairs in thier respective estate after purchase. Secondly after payment and they decided to hijack the price of development leavy later to like 1m what then happens. They also said in one of their terms no refund after payment.
Is this realy a good police to buy in.
Cheers
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Canada2021: 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2021
Onyeara:
Hi All, lawyesr in the house I am about to buy into an estate some where in ota,I was told after payment I will be issued with receipt. deed and convenant that development leavy will be communicated at later date. They said that convenant is rules and regulations guiding the estate.
What I want to know is that does estate has that power to control people afairs in thier respective estate after purchase. Secondly after payment and they decided to hijack the price of development leavy later to like 1m what then happens. They also said in one of their terms no refund after payment.
Cheers
kindly chat me on 08124890654, I can assist with the review of the covenants and also I will be able to give you sound advice to ensure a smooth transaction.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by hslbroker2(m): 1:10am On Nov 30, 2021
Onyeara:
Cheers

that is a bad policy from the developer of that estate if you post their number, i will advice their MD.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by chccho(m): 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2021
mountmoriah:

These are how to solve this problem

First is it from the family or from estate agents, or estate developers you bought this land? (1st Question)

Second if it's from the family, Do you have family receipt, after your family receipt, have you survey? is your survey register? Do you have a C of O? if you have all these documents with and they still threaten you, you can jail them.

Thirdly if you buy from estate developer, you must cover with global C of O but in this your case is like you bought from the family.

give me a call i will sort it for you.

check my signature
I have been trying to call u but your number is always busy??
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 9:07pm On Dec 02, 2021
Onyeara:
Cheers

Well the truth is that most estates have guiding principles on how the live. In most estates in Lagos, there is what we call "Deed of Estate restrictions". This means they specify what are not allowed in other residential areas, like poultry farm, hawking, street begging, okada business, mid-night entry and exit or using the building for commercial purpose other than residentials. This is why it is called 'Estates houses'. You'll be bound by such terms though it's your house, yet a joint estate.

Barr Adeolu Ayo Aderinto
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Johntemmy(m): 8:03am On Dec 07, 2021
Good morning.

We are available to take your order now.
Pls contact us today for your woods of various sizes all at affordable prices.

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.