Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,973 members, 7,952,910 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:15 AM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (434187 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Kilef05: 10:58pm On Apr 18, 2022
ogbs2020:
Good morning.
Please help.
How can l investigate land that are in ANAMBRA state

Reach out to the Ministry Of Lands, Physical Planning And Rural Development, Awka; or have a Lawyer do that for you at a cost.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by filcast(m): 5:26pm On May 04, 2022
Hello House,
Is it necessary to register and obtain titles for inherited lands situated in a rural community?
If yes, what is the procedure?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by filcast(m): 5:06am On May 07, 2022
Hello House,
Is it necessary to register and obtain titles for inherited lands situated in a rural community?

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Canada2021: 9:03am On May 07, 2022
filcast:
Hello House,
yes chat me up on 08124890654
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by SurveyorGeo: 3:40pm On May 07, 2022
micmajek001:
Hello, please i need your advise, I want to buy a piece of land of 1 hectare (which equates to 15plots) in a new undeveloped mix use estate. Please note, I don't require the land to be divided up into plots, I actually just need it for farming and building a farm house.

My question is would I be charged the following for the number of plots contained in 1 hectare or just one time since the land is not being divided into plots?

Deed of assignment
Survey plan
Plot demarcation
Development fee

You will be charged based on the size of the land, the higher the size the higher the cost, however, it will still be cheaper as a whole (1 hectare) compare to per plot or when subdivided.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by SurveyorGeo: 3:41pm On May 07, 2022
filcast:
Hello House,
Yes it is better. You location determines the procedure and requirements
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Charislegal(f): 11:27am On May 09, 2022
Jadachin:
Myself and my siblings have a house we inherited from our late parents, the only document we were able to find in the house is the photocopy of the omoonile receipt, the land was bought about 20years ago. How do we get a valid document in order to secure the house from our greedy relatives.

You and your siblings urgently need to apply for a letter of administration
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Funmilehot(f): 5:28pm On May 11, 2022
Charislegal:

You and your siblings urgently need to apply for a letter of administration
Good day dear, please I intend buying a plot of land for 1 million from a real estate company in a developing area.
My questions are please, after paying for the land what and what else is required of me in terms of documentation and cost estimates. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Charislegal(f): 6:52pm On May 12, 2022
Funmilehot:
Good day dear, please I intend buying a plot of land for 1 million from a real estate company in a developing area.
My questions are please, after paying for the land what and what else is required of me in terms of documentation and cost estimates. Thanks.

Thank you for your question, before paying for the land please ensure you do due diligence to be sure their title is genuine and has no legal issues.

You need a lawyer for that.

Thereafter if the lawyer give you a positive report for the due diligence, you can go ahead and buy .

Also make sure you get a contract or sale and a deed of assignment.

I have a free ebook that can guide you further

Click https://charislegalpractice.com.ng/redflags/ to download your free copy

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Kingsdave(m): 2:47pm On May 18, 2022
My father bought a land since 20 years ago, he built the land we are living on , he always pays annual rent to his original landlord , the original landlord never gave him receipt each time he makes payment... The landlord is late now and his kids are trying to cause problems for us.... People are now saying if they take us to court without any proof of annual rent since year's , they will take our land and house ... Is it true ? Help me out
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Kingsdave(m): 2:48pm On May 18, 2022
[quote author=hslbroker2 post=112328457][/quote]
My father bought a land since 20 years ago, he built the land we are living on , he always pays annual rent to his original landlord , the original landlord never gave him receipt each time he makes payment... The landlord is late now and his kids are trying to cause problems for us.... People are now saying if they take us to court without any proof of annual rent since year's , they will take our land and house ... Is it true ? Help me out
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Kingsdave(m): 2:50pm On May 18, 2022
Canada2021:
kindly chat me on 08124890654, I can assist with the review of the covenants and also I will be able to give you sound advice to ensure a smooth transaction.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Charislegal(f): 12:06pm On May 20, 2022
Kingsdave:

Did he buy the land or he was a customary tenant?

If he bought it outrightly , he didn’t need to be paying yearly rent.

You will need to answer that question before you can know the best step to take

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.