Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,137 members, 7,953,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:41 PM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (434208 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 8:04am On Apr 02, 2022
A young man contacted me on this platform to help him sell a property. We initially secured buyers who were interested. The young man (seller) confirmed to me that the property is verified to be okay because he had bought it for several years. Just few days to making payment, I contact the land registry to verify acquisition status on the land so that the buyers won't waste resources.

The report which came out from the Ministry Data base shows that the property is under acquisition. I was shocked at the news. Imagine, what if the buyers had paid? The seller won't refund the money of course and the buyer wl be left to battle with heart attack. Verifying landed property is cheap and fast. The result is out within 1 hour in Ogun State, and within a day in Lagos. Kindly exercise patience in doing your search before you pay to avoid regret.

Barr Ayo- 08068088866
ay4u888@gmail.com

3 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by micmajek001: 2:05am On Apr 03, 2022
Hello, please i need your advise, I want to buy a piece of land of 1 hectare (which equates to 15plots) in a new undeveloped mix use estate. Please note, I don't require the land to be divided up into plots, I actually just need it for farming and building a farm house.

My question is would I be charged the following for the number of plots contained in 1 hectare or just one time since the land is not being divided into plots?

Deed of assignment
Survey plan
Plot demarcation
Development fee

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by ogbs2020: 11:22am On Apr 03, 2022
Good morning.
Please help.
How can l investigate land that are in ANAMBRA state
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 8:52pm On Apr 03, 2022
Treash:
There are certain factors guiding land transactions in Nigeria, especially before you pay.

1. Before a party can sell land to another, the consent of the Governor of such State is required. However, a property with an initial C of O needs no governor's consent, because both documents originate from the State government. Simply put, C of O and Governor's Consent have the same effect. But where the owner of a land with C of O sells same land to another person, such subsequent buyer must process his application for Governor's Consent. This is because the initial C of O carries the name of the previous owner.

2. Under the law, a person under the age of 21 (twenty-one) cannot be granted a Statutory right of occupancy. This implies that a C of O or permission to own land cannot be issued to a child below 21 years.

3. Without the approval of the National Council of States, a non-Nigerian cannot be granted a right of occupancy. This implies that a non-Nigerian cannot be given license to own land in Nigeria, except with the written approval of the Council of State.

4. Where a land belongs to a community or family, the consent of the family head or community head must be obtained before there can be a valid sale. Any sale of family or community land without the consent of the head of that family, such a sale is invalid. Any sale of community land without the consent of the Community Head, shall be set aside.

5. Covenant in a lease may also restrict the sale and transfer of land. For example, if a property is leased/rented, the written tenancy agreement is to the affect that, you are not permitted to sell the property leased to you.

6. The law also state that, any land owed by a Nigerian Coal Corporation cannot be sold except with the written permission of the Federal Minister in charge. This implies that, for example, before we purchase any property belonging to a Federal agency like NNPC, the consent of the Minister must be sought and obtained, else the sale wil be invalid even after you build on it.

7. Town planning laws may also restrict the sale of certain lands where the purposes for which they are intended to be used are contrary to the purposes of town and planning laws. For example, an industrial place designated for such industrial purpose should strictly be abided to rather than using it for something else like residential or religious purpose.

8. In Lagos, the law states that the sale of any land which the Lagos State government has marked for road construction shall be in nullity. This means that once a land is marked for road purpose, such land is not permitted to be sold for use.

9. Doctrine of ‘ Lis Pendis’ : This means that once a land matter is in court between two parties, no one is allowed to sell/buy such land until the case has been concluded and final judgement is given.

In this regard, I urge you to carry out your due investigation and search before purchasing any property in Nigeria.

Barr. Ayo Adeolu Aderinto.
ay4u888@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by OkanlawonB(m): 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2022
Hello house, pls what is the current multiplying factor MF for calculating building plan approval fee for ikorodu, Lagos?
How is the LASPPPA SEC ( spatial enhancement contribution ) calculated? Thnx
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by hslbroker2(m): 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2022
OkanlawonB:
Hello house, pls what is the current multiplying factor MF for calculating building plan approval fee for ikorodu, Lagos?
How is the LASPPPA SEC ( spatial enhancement contribution ) calculated? Thnx

Contact lawyer search for lawyer on nairaland

He will guide you
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by hslbroker2(m): 7:18am On Apr 12, 2022
hslbroker2:
Today current price of iron rod

10mm @N455, 000
12mm @N445, 000
16mm @N445, 000
20mm @N455, 000
25mm @N455, 000

Check my signature for my phone number
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by hslbroker2(m): 10:41am On Apr 13, 2022
The Simplest Way To Calculate The Numbers Of Blocks U Need For Your Fence

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 120 feet by 60 ft, a standard plot

This calculation is based on 9 inches block fence .
The measurement we are using is 120 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 240 ft. (120 x 2) = 240

The breadth is 60 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 120 ft (60 x 2) = 120
Then (240 + 120) that is 360 feet perimeter line fencing.

The calculation

(we are to convert this 360 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 360 ft which is 4320 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 4320 inches or 360 feet, we would need to divide 4320 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18inches.

Now 4320 inches divide by 18 inches is approximately 240 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 240 multiply by 9 which is 2160 blocks and that is all you need anything aside from this is fake and fraud, this calculation is derive by me professionally and i have been using it without any mistake, but always remember to add 10 % of blocks to it because of broken blocks, and for this work, you only need 30 bags of cements, one bag of cement to 70 blocks, is standard.

for your pillars between the fence, let assume 6 blocks far from the next pillar, that means 6 divide by 240 which is 40 pillars, 1 bag of cement to 2 pillars standard, that is 17 bags plus 40 bags that is 47 bags is need by me to do this fence, if i'm in position and you should also to add 15 bags for floor blinding of the fence making 62 bags of cement.

Then, we need to minus the gate and the pillars that are also taking space in the fence.

The gate is 12 ft, let us assume the gate columns or pillars is 14 inches each, we have 2 pillars holding the gate, that is 28 inches or 2. 4 feet plus 12 feet that is 14.4 feet or approximately 15 feet.

Remember we already calculate the pillars that 40 pillars is need for the measurement.

Each pillar or column for 9 inches concrete is 9 inches square, 9 x 40 = 360 inches that is (30 feet + 15 feet = 45 feet ) / 18 inches = 30 blocks multiply by the number of coaches, 30 x 9 = 270 block minus 2160 blocks = 1890 blocks in total.

40 lengths of 12mm iron rod, since one pillar is equivalent to 1 length.

3 lengths of 16mm iron rod for the 2 big pillars holding the gate.

90 planks of soft wood for the framing.

1 truck of granite (granite would be use for the wall foundation and columns)

5 trucks of sharp sand

Thanks for the opportunity giving me to explain this simple arithmetic.

Regards
Adeniyi

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.