Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (428990 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by lonzo(m): 10:57pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hello Lawyer,

Goodevening House, My mother just informed of one of her tenants who has refused to pay his last year rent. When he moved in 2014 he didn't complete his rent, he owed 30k and the rent of 2015 he hasn't paid which made his total rent owed to be 280k as at now. The Major issue now is the 2015 rent is due March and by April he is suppose to pay for 2016. And she explained to me that this man has made no attempt to pay. She has spoken with him and sent letters or reminder. Mind you my Mother said she was considering the man's plight as a family man . Please should she serve theQuit notice to this tenant. And the 6months Notice I want to ask is it free or the tenant pays for the 6months used. Please advice as she wants me to come and intervene. I really don't know much of Property issues.

Await your replies.

Thanks

lawyer:

The last time i joined issues with olaoreawofele because of Monan i regretted doing it because some people come to Nairaland to instigate fights to make people look stupid. I have learned not to do that again. I won't join issues with anyone again here. You can bring my name into your conversations to provoke comments but i won't not wrestle in the mud with you again. Monan issue is the only issue you bring to Nairaland and i gullibly got sucked into the conversation that went out of hand. You are free to update us on Monan but i would not be participating in it in anyway. If you say i attacked you back then, i am sorry and it was done in the heat of passion when you also provoked me me to react.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by olaoreawofele: 8:44am On Feb 16, 2016
@Lawyer,

The Monan Trading Company land dispute matter

I did not see your post until some days ago and have equally being busy. Please see the post at the bottom of mine.

I note your continued efforts to shift the public attention from the crux of the substance to attacking my personality. Please note, there is no correlation between the number of post a person makes on Nairaland and being quarrelsome as you alluded in your response to @lonso.
Furthermore, you dragged yourself into this matter by claiming a close relationship with the lady who owns Monan trading coy. I did not drag you into the Monan land grab matter but rather, I wanted you to help warn the public being a lawyer that is respected on Nairaland.
However, you chose to do otherwise. Please recall you initially claimed acquaintances with Monan and promised to investigate the matter and report back.
You subsequently reported back that Monan’s title checked out at Alausa and that the title was not only genuine but also superior to the titles of others like me who had bought same land 10 years before and with registered titles.
Despite all my warnings, you choose to attack my person and boldly encouraged Nairalanders to buy this disputed land. Those who followed the post then may likely testify to this if they care.
On the crux of the matter, what @lonso and other admirers of your work on Nairaland are requesting from you are your sincere responses to the following harmless questions;
1. Did you actually check Monan’s title at Alausa? Did you truly sight Monan’s title document?
2. What is the date the title was registered at Alausa? What date did she register the red copy of her survey plan?
3. How did you come about the opinion that Monan’s title was superior to the title of other people she was in dispute with over the land?
4. How did you come to the conclusion that the title of the other people which you never saw was inferior to that of Monan?
5. Was the due diligence you did on Monan’s title done same way as you do for your clients especially the ones on Nairaland?
6. Are you aware another gentleman accused Monan of fraud on another land matters. Please use google.

lonzo(m): Quote Post
Hello Lawyer,

Goodevening House, My mother just informed of one of her tenants who has refused to pay his last year rent. When he moved in 2014 he didn't complete his rent, he owed 30k and the rent of 2015 he hasn't paid which made his total rent owed to be 280k as at now. The Major issue now is the 2015 rent is due March and by April he is suppose to pay for 2016. And she explained to me that this man has made no attempt to pay. She has spoken with him and sent letters or reminder. Mind you my Mother said she was considering the man's plight as a family man . Please should she serve theQuit notice to this tenant. And the 6months Notice I want to ask is it free or the tenant pays for the 6months used. Please advice as she wants me to come and intervene. I really don't know much of Property issues.

Await your replies.

Thanks

lawyer:

The last time i joined issues with olaoreawofele because of Monan i regretted doing it because some people come to Nairaland to instigate fights to make people look silly. I have learned not to do that again. I won't join issues with anyone again here. You can bring my name into your conversations to provoke comments but i won't not wrestle in the mud with you again. Monan issue is the only issue you bring to Nairaland and i gullibly got sucked into the conversation that went out of hand. You are free to update us on Monan but i would not be participating in it in anyway. If you say i attacked you back then, i am sorry and it was done in the heat of passion when you also provoked me me to react.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Joeny(m): 11:54am On Feb 16, 2016
Good Job @Lawyer. Your write up is very incisive and unambiguous. That's why I encourage people who wants to venture into real estate to employ the services of professional real estate firm like www.kingscourtrealtors.com I have use them and can attest to their credibility and they give you real value for your money or property. A friend referred [b]Kings Court Realtor[/b]s to me and I have not regretted choosing them as my valuers.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MrMcJay(m): 12:49am On Feb 18, 2016
olaoreawofele:
@Lawyer,

The Monan Trading Company land dispute matter

I did not see your post until some days ago and have equally being busy. Please see the post at the bottom of mine.

I note your continued efforts to shift the public attention from the crux of the substance to attacking my personality. Please note, there is no correlation between the number of post a person makes on Nairaland and being quarrelsome as you alluded in your response to @lonso.

Furthermore, you dragged yourself into this matter by claiming a close relationship with the lady who owns Monan trading coy. I did not drag you into the Monan land grab matter but rather, I wanted you to help warn the public being a lawyer that is respected on Nairaland.

However, you chose to do otherwise. Please recall you initially claimed acquaintances with Monan and promised to investigate the matter and report back.

You subsequently reported back that Monan’s title checked out at Alausa and that the title was not only genuine but also superior to the titles of others like me who had bought same land 10 years before and with registered titles.
Despite all my warnings, you choose to attack my person and boldly encouraged Nairalanders to buy this disputed land. Those who followed the post then may likely testify to this if they care.

On the crux of the matter, what @lonso and other admirers of your work on Nairaland are requesting from you are your sincere responses to the following harmless questions;

1. Did you actually check Monan’s title at Alausa? Did you truly sight Monan’s title document?
2. What is the date the title was registered at Alausa? What date did she register the red copy of her survey plan?
3. How did you come about the opinion that Monan’s title was superior to the title of other people she was in dispute with over the land?
4. How did you come to the conclusion that the title of the other people which you never saw was inferior to that of Monan?
5. Was the due diligence you did on Monan’s title done same way as you do for your clients especially the ones on Nairaland?
6. Are you aware another gentleman accused Monan of fraud on another land matters. Please use google.

Bro, If you are sure of your title to the disputed land, kindly take the matter to court. The criminal matter by the EFCC is just a ruse which would be kicked down by even a 100 level law student.

I refuse to tell you why (as it is the duty of your lawyers), but the Court was already giving you a pointer to that when it asked the EFCC to go and prove that land is capable of being stolen.

However, I suspect this is done on purpose for the sake of red herring. Trying to use the criminal charge to stampede the other party.
Talk of ignorance and mischief. Have you ever heard that a court trying a criminal matter awarded title in land to a complainant? Has any court adjudged you as the RIGHTFUL owner of the land? In this matter, you are at best a Prosecution Witness.

In any case, my simple advice for you is to gather your documents together, hire a COMPETENT lawyer and approach the appropriate court for redress. Don't disturb us here, Nairaland no be High Court.

Just an advice.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by olaoreawofele: 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
@McJay,

Patience is a virtue. We will follow the course of justice. The court will decide the matter and neither you, I or any other parties.

@Lawyer,

Your responses are being awaited please.

Cheers

MrMcJay:

Bro, If you are sure of your title to the disputed land, kindly take the matter to court. The criminal matter by the EFCC is just a ruse which would be kicked down by even a 100 level law student.

I refuse to tell you why (as it is the duty of your lawyers), but the Court was already giving you a pointer to that when it asked the EFCC to go and prove that land is capable of being stolen.

However, I suspect this is done on purpose for the sake of red herring. Trying to use the criminal charge to stampede the other party.
Talk of ignorance and mischief. Have you ever heard that a court trying a criminal matter awarded title in land to a complainant? Has any court adjudged you as the RIGHTFUL owner of the land? In this matter, you are at best a Prosecution Witness.

In any case, my simple advice for you is to gather your documents together, hire a COMPETENT lawyer and approach the appropriate court for redress. Don't disturb us here, Nairaland no be High Court.

Just an advice.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by cynthiagandy: 11:54am On Feb 20, 2016
Thanks for sharing this .
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by olaoreawofele: 8:35pm On Feb 21, 2016
You are welcome.

cynthiagandy:
Thanks for sharing this .
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by obidevine(m): 10:11am On Feb 22, 2016
lawyer:
Anyway i have decided to assist people more this year 2010 and i thank so many people that brought me back to Nairaland via emails and phone calls from around the world  through words of encouragement  and blessings when i wanted to quit due to the malicious things some Nairalanders were saying about me and to repay this gesture as my gift back to Nairalanders this 2010, i would do the following for every Nairalander that wants to buy a property free. smiley

[b][size=14pt]1. When you intend to get a property, after you discuss with the agent or family selling, get a copy of the survey plan to me and i will do the survey search in Alausa for you free to know whether you should proceed to stage 2 or to forget the whole property from the beginning to save you stress and wahala. Just scan a copy of the survey plan and send it to me at barrister_matto@yahoo.com or call me on 07036681104.

Introduce your self and please try and convince me the reason you need the property search because i sift through my mails to know who is a time waster, clown or someone that truely needs assistance. Leave your number so i can call to tell you the result and advice you on the next stage which would include visiting the place physically to ascertain the coordinates because i have seen situations where the Survey Plan given is different from the Coordinates of the Proposed Land for sale. So when it is time for Stage 2 to carry me out, abeg prepare my deregulation money for hand o! grin (Joking)

This offer is only Open to Lands in Lagos State Alone and doesnt extend to Mowe/ Ofada/ Ogun state because of the distance going to Abeokuta back and forth. Alausa is Easier for me because my Office is a stone throw in Ikeja so i can hop in 10 times a day to get my information without crying over it in terms of the distance and transportation cost.

One more thing please, respect the fact that even though i am offering a free service, i have the right to cancel it at anytime if i realise am being taken for a ride. Property Search is a very very difficult process and if you think i am lying, devote a full day to do all the walking around in Lagos Traffic and meeting all sorts of people trying to hoodwink you and see if you have the mental capacity to withstand the shock and value how much a search would really cost if you did it alone

So take advantage of me now before i change my mind![/size] grin[/b].

If all is clear and you understand it throughly, then Good luck this 2010 in acquiring your dream property and may God continue to replenish your pocket to actualize your dream home and me the strenght to waka the whole of Lagos on your behalf so that you would have a Property/ Land Scam - Free year.

[b][size=14pt]Finally Remember that You are not offending anybody if you are taking all the necessary steps before you drop your money for any Property Transaction, Rather your safeguarding your hard earned Money. Many Have gotten their fingers burnt for failing to do what is required in a property purchase. Its not how long but how well. Do the due diligence step by step. The property is not running away, rather its your money that will run away if you dont take these steps!Those that i have assisted one way or the other on Nairaland to do a search or acquire properties will tell you how extremely thorough i am.

One more thing. If you intend to buy a property in Addo/ Badore Ajah Estates, please dont waste my time and your time. 85% of those lands / Estates there are under government acquistion and are Committed Areas. Governmnent has Acquired over 300 Hectares of Land in that place and thats approximately almost 5000 plots.

Anyone who has bought there or is intending to buy there that falls within that Committed Area is just wasting his/her time living in fear of demolition or whatever the government decides to do in that place. Nobody in those committed Areas will be able to get their C/O and anyone telling you otherwise is lying. I will not entertain searches emanating from those areas anymore. I am tired of going to the Survey General's office and hearing the same thing that it is a problematic area. Buyers Beware.

This is the problem of not doing a proper search in an area before you rush and buy land. Learn from the mistake of others before you rush and join them in their own problem. Omonile will forever convince you that the place is safe but Omonile will never refund your money after you have been 419ed! Property Buying is the easiest 419 Nigerians Fall for daily that never ceases to amaze me. Please be safe and intelligent before you make your next purchase. Whether the land is going for N400,000 or N400Million, protect your money. You didnt steal it, you worked hard for it, so dont let some people steal it from you because you failed to look before you leaped!

Cheers   

[/size][/b]

Hi Lawyer, thanks fr your advice, you are the best.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by lawyer(m): 6:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
obidevine:

Hi Lawyer, thanks fr your advice, you are the best.

Thanks i appreciate it smiley
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by obidevine(m): 8:37am On Feb 24, 2016
lawyer:

Thanks i appreciate it smiley
Lawyer , you blocked on whatsapp for no just cause sir.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by niyiguy(m): 12:49am On Mar 02, 2016
Is it advisable for buyer to use seller's lawyer to execute purchasing a plot of land from from the seller.

I intend acquiring a land in Ikorodu but I was advised to go ahead withe seller's lawyer because he has access to the Eyita Family in Ikorodu for easy change of Deed Of Assignment given to the current owner of the land
Lawyer's name is Olumide Otayomi.

Please any advise from professionals in the hose
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by lawyer(m): 1:37am On Mar 02, 2016
niyiguy:
Is it advisable for buyer to use seller's lawyer to execute purchasing a plot of land from from the seller.
I intend acquiring a land in Ikorodu but I was advised to go ahead withe seller's lawyer because he has access to the Eyita Family in Ikorodu for easy change of Deed Of Assignment given to the current owner of the land
Lawyer's name is Olumide Otayomi.
Please any advise from professionals in the hose

No sir. Its best for the Buyer to use his own lawyer because its his own lawyer that would protect the interests of the Buyer when the negotiation and transaction takes place. If problems occur after the transaction, do you think the Seller's lawyer would defend the interest of the Buyer? He is only responsible to the Seller who is his principal.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Kyandy(m): 9:37am On Mar 03, 2016
Hello Lawyer, don't know if this is the right thread to ask but let me just shoot my question.

Please how can an investor protect him or herself from real estate developers that build blocks of apartments and directly sells to the public in units? Most time the apartments are expected to be finished in a year or two but in an event where unforeseen circumstances occur and the project cannot be completed like, death of the CEO, delays in raising the needed funds within the stipulated periods thus costing in building increases or maybe outright fraud. What can be done to protect yourself/money against these situation.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by lawyer(m): 2:55am On Mar 09, 2016
Kyandy:
Hello Lawyer, don't know if this is the right thread to ask but let me just shoot my question.
Please how can an investor protect him or herself from real estate developers that build blocks of apartments and directly sells to the public in units? Most time the apartments are expected to be finished in a year or two but in an event where unforeseen circumstances occur and the project cannot be completed like, death of the CEO, delays in raising the needed funds within the stipulated periods thus costing in building increases or maybe outright fraud. What can be done to protect yourself/money against these situation.

Everything needed to protect yourself is in the Contract of Sale. There are certain covenants that must be adhered to irrespective of the following disasters you have highlighted above to protect you. Before you sign the contract of sale, get your lawyer that is well versed in Real estate matters to vet it for you to include or remove clauses that would be beneficial or destructive to you.

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by mybad: 5:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
Hello Lawyer Sir,

Great work you're doing here.

Please after carrying out a quick search/check prior to Survey plan, the following report was sent as feedback by the surveyor:-

[center]"Site off Oreta road requires consent to survey for agric uses.
A survey needs to be done since it includes consent, it takes 5 weeks''.[/center]

My questions are in several folds Sir.

(1) The term "consent'', what is it about? Why is it required for the survey?

(2) Agric uses: I once heard that if a land is meant for agric uses then it has to be for poultry,farming or livestock.
At worse, small scale farming needs to be carried out on the land with little (not elaborate residential housing).

(3) Can a C of O be gotten for such a plot of land?

(4) Is a land that requires consent be considered safe?

Kindly assist with proper advice for decision on subject plot (off Oreta Road Ikorodu) from your wealth of experience.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by nuhuvaluer(m): 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
[b]Great post. Thanks alot again. But can I ask a question?
I happen to building a 4 story for a client, and we are already half way, and all we got on the land is Omo onile's receipt, and a registered survey, structural calculation and drawing, and approval plan, and the town planning people are on us like fleas claiming we cant build unless with a C of O. Ofcourse we dont have an approval plan yet, but the entire thing is been done to rush putting a structure on the land because of the land grabbers within this location. Do you think this is just a "Make I Chop" approach by the town planners who cant give any meaningful excuse besides C of O and approval number, and we should defy them and let them do their worse since none of the law under the Section 27 subsection 2 of the Town Planning Law has been infringed, and the land isnt illegal and the structure itself. They are threatening the building with demolition notice calling an architectural beauty "contraption". Should I feel bothered or just lock the gate and get the workers to proceed with building?
Please lawyer, I need advise, my client happens to listen to anything I offer since he's not even in the country. I am just a professional builder and know so little about this unending new laws Fashola keeps creating in Lagos.
Thanks.[/b]
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by nuhuvaluer(m): 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
Thanks very helpful
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by obidevine(m): 12:21am On Mar 23, 2016
Anything the property mod says about real estate is 100 percent true .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.