Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,252 members, 7,815,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (428997 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by sensegiver: 6:18pm On May 11, 2016
[size=16pt]Be warned OLATUNBOSUN DAVIS SHOYEYE AKA BRABUS IS A FRAUD![/size]

Fraud is a broad term that refers to a variety of offenses involving dishonesty or "fraudulent acts". In essence, fraud is the intentional deception of a person or entity by another made for monetary or personal gain. Fraud offenses always include some sort of false statement, misrepresentation, or deceitful conduct.

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by msogunro: 11:16pm On May 17, 2016
lawyer:

For the avoidance of doubt for First Time Property/Land Buyers or New Nairaland Property Viewers and Readers  who dont know what a property search is, it means before you buy any land or property whatso ever in any form or shape where ever, you have to know the validity of it.

Lawyer - is it possible to complete an investigation in 2 weeks if all available documents are in your possession?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by SurveyorD: 9:55pm On May 18, 2016
mybad:

Can someone just help me with this please!

Hello good day, I saw ur question concerning [/b]consent [b] .
Any land that needs a consent to surveyed in Lagos is a government land that government is not using but other citizen can use it but needs a "consent " from them before it can be used.
Yes you can get CofO on it.
You need not do big agricultural work on it, small poultry of few beds and your house (farm house). Then you are good to go. Let me know if you have other questions
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by SurveyorD: 10:10pm On May 18, 2016
Good day all.
I just saw this topic while searching for something else, I took the pain to go through all the comments and I must say @Lawyer has done an excellent work, the touch of professionalism he uses to answer all questions and comments. He knows what he is saying. I am a registered surveyor, having interacted with some lawyers concerning property law or land documentation, u just want to cover your face in shame when the talk.
Anyway since I just joined, I will be willing to answer questions concerning survey and land documentation (Lagos and Ogun are my specialty, cos NIS would want us to be resident in a state). Once again I greet you all. Cheers
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Speak2klein: 11:40am On May 20, 2016
Hi everyone, please I'm looking for landowners or developer who own lands in busy or commercial areas to partner with. If you're one, Kindly signify interest. Thank you
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by CEloka: 3:10pm On May 20, 2016
Hi Lawyer,
Have registered a deed of assignment (Governor's Consent) for a plot in Okun-Ajah?
If you have, how much did it cost you?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Speak2klein: 3:31pm On May 20, 2016
Please don't drop your personal contact here just mail me via kleinuduh@gmail.com
Regards
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by mimimonroe: 4:48pm On May 20, 2016
Hello All,
Please could someone explain the meaning of memorandum of loss in regards to CofO.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MrMcJay(m): 10:45pm On May 20, 2016
mimimonroe:
Hello All,
Please could someone explain the meaning of memorandum of loss in regards to CofO.

A Memorandum of Loss is a Legal document which states that a certain document of title has been lost or destroyed and it seeks to bring this information to the notice of the appropriate authority which issued such title document.

When a C of O gets lost or destroyed, the government would never issue the holder with another one. What the holder of such missing C of O can do is to get his lawyer to prepare a Memorandum of Loss. This memorandum of loss is then registered at the Lands bureau where the missing C of O was issued.

For additional security, the memorandum of loss is accompanied by a 'caveat' placed on the property described in the missing document.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 24, 2016
Hi Lawyer,

I must say you have done a great job with all the review and advise to people who intend to buy a landed property in Lagos.

Coincidentally am one of them.

Please can you confirm the genuinity of arcview investment limited. A friend introduced me to them at Mowe/Ofada so am not sure if their properties are SCAM.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Babalakin(m): 1:01pm On Jun 01, 2016
lawyer:

Dont ever ever fall for that trick. Always demand for what ever documents they have. I will point out the importance of each document to know the relevance of it and why it shouldn't be taken for granted.

Good day lawyer,please I need your advise on this issue that has bugged me for long

Partiality in allocation of federal government landed property by presidential implementation committee on the sale of govt houses in lagos.

Sometime in 2006,my husband(of blessed memory) obtained expression of interest form for the the 2 bedroom flat where we have lived for 23 years, after the govt advertised the sale of its properties for legal sitting tenants . thereafter,he filled the form and obtained a #10000 bank draft which is the required fee for proof of expression of interest.once he was through with the process, he proceeded to the lagos state liaison office of the committee at oyikan abayomi drive,ikoyi on September 9 of that same year along with a letter of introduction signed by his then commander,acknowledging him as the occupant of the said property;and submitted all the required documents.

About six(6) months later,on the 27th of march 2007;he took part in the FHA house verification exercise which was conducted at festac.he paid the sum of #5000 for the verification and was issued a receipt to that effect.Thereafter,he was issued an acknowledgement slip after returning the verification form attached with the dopist slip,letter of allocation,receipt of payment and deed of assignment.follwing the successful completion of the verification,it was indicated in the verification slip that his deed of sublease was being processed.

Fast forward to 2012,when the list of allotees was published,my husband's name was replaced with my neighbour's who equally is an occupant in the said 2bedroom flat.As a matter of fact;we occupy one bedroom and the sitting room while he has the other room and the kitchen,my husband was his senior in rank and number of years in service, and lastly we came into occupation of the said property in 1993 while he occupied his around 1998.

Following the realisation of this perceived injustice on the part of the committee,I was advised by concerned individuals to visit the committee's head office in abuja.Due to paucity of funds,I couldn't go immediately. It was 2 years later, in 2014 I took my son there and informed them of the anomaly. Upon getting there,we explained the discrepancy to the lady in charge,following which she searched for the file containing the list of those who expressed interest in the property. surprisingly, we found my husband's name written in ink instead of typed as is the case with other occupants in the block of 16 flats.after this discovery,i was directed to write a letter to the head of the committee detailing all these,this I did and received a stamped copy.

In june of the same year, being five months after we filed the petition, I called the lady to ask about their decision on the matter,and I was informed my husband made an error in the expression of interest form which I view as inconsequential.The only error he made while filling the form was where he wrote 2003 instead of 2006 when he filled and submitted the form.

I am aware the committee engages in shady deals in order to make extra money from the sale of these properties which number over twenty.it is on this backdrop that my neighbour sensing my husband is late,went behind to bribe the committee in order that my husbands name can be replaced with his.

As I write this,he has issued me and my 7 kids a notice to quit by end of September and I have no where to go since I'm yet to get my late husband's insurance claim.i have a shop close to where I live and that's me and my kid's only source of livelihood.As a matter of fact,of the 5 widows in my neighborhood, I am the only one experiencing this injustice,as others have been issued their offer of leasehold letters.Also,the said neighbour has a house that is near completion and has been transfered out of the state leaving his wife and 3 kids behind.I on the other hand have 7 kids and a grand child to cater for.

What do you think,seeing as my husband is entitled to this property on the basis of seniority and preoccupation;and not the flimsy excuse of the minor error he made on the form,as this is inconsequential? what is important is the fact that he expressed interest in the property when it was advertised(2006),paid the required fee as proof of his expression of interest, and the Nigeria police deducts his monthly rent from his salary from 1993 to 2011 when he passed on.

NB:
I sent a petition to the directorate for Citizen's Right,lagos state ministry of justice following which a letter was given to me to deliver to the presidential implementation committee's liaison office at ikoyi.It will be 2 weeks by Monday since I submitted the letter.I'm about to go to the office of the public defender so I can get a lawyer because I'm not satisfied with the lackadaisical attitude of the guys at the directorate for Citizen's Right.please advise me accordingly, this injustice shouldn't see the light of the day.

Thank you.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MrMcJay(m): 4:01pm On Jun 01, 2016
Babalakin:

Good day lawyer,please I need your advise on this issue that has bugged me for long

As I write this,he has issued me and my 7 kids a notice to quit by end of September and I have no where to go since I'm yet to get my late husband's insurance claim.i have a shop close to where I live and that's me and my kid's only source of livelihood.As a matter of fact,of the 5 widows in my neighborhood, I am the only one experiencing this injustice,as others have been issued their offer of leasehold letters. Also,the said neighbour has a house that is near completion and has been transfered out of the state leaving his wife and 3 kids behind.I on the other hand have 7 kids and a grand child to cater for.

What do you think,seeing as my husband is entitled to this property on the basis of seniority and preoccupation;and not the flimsy excuse of the minor error he made on the form, as this is inconsequential? what is important is the fact that he expressed interest in the property when it was advertised(2006),paid the required fee as proof of his expression of interest, and the Nigeria police deducts his monthly rent from his salary from 1993 to 2011 when he passed on.

NB:
I sent a petition to the directorate for Citizen's Right,lagos state ministry of justice following which a letter was given to me to deliver to the presidential implementation committee's liaison office at ikoyi.It will be 2 weeks by Monday since I submitted the letter.I'm about to go to the office of the public defender so I can get a lawyer because I'm not satisfied with the lackadaisical attitude of the guys at the directorate for Citizen's Right.please advise me accordingly, this injustice shouldn't see the light of the day.

Thank you.

1. What is the minor mistake that your husband made?

2. When were you issued the notice to quit?

3. What outstanding fees have not been paid?

4. Were the deductions for the Lease, contributions to the National Housing Fund, or deductions payable to Police Cooperative (NPF Microfinance Bank)?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Babalakin(m): 6:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
MrMcJay:

1. What is the minor mistake that your husband made?

2. When were you issued the notice to quit?

3. What outstanding fees have not been paid?

4. Were the deductions for the Lease, contributions to the National Housing Fund, or deductions payable to Police Cooperative (NPF Microfinance Bank)?
1. He wrote 2003 instead of 2006,that's most definitely an excuse because others who made worse mistakes still got their offer letters

2. It's a 6 months quit notice that will expire at the end of September this year

3. No outstanding fees.our rent was always deducted from my husband's salary by the Nigeria police while he was alive.

4. All deductions were made.

NB:This property was sold to all legal sitting tenants. By right, the most senior occupant should get the allocation as that's the procedure in the civil service
It's a block of 16 flats, a police barracks. Thanks for asking
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MrMcJay(m): 6:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
Babalakin:

1. He wrote 2003 instead of 2006,that's most definitely an excuse because others who made worse mistakes still got their offer letters

2. It's a 6 months quit notice that will expire at the end of September this year

3. No outstanding fees.our rent was always deducted from my husband's salary by the Nigeria police while he was alive.

4. All deductions were made.

NB: This property was sold to all legal sitting tenants. By right, the most senior occupant should get the allocation as that's the procedure in the civil service
It's a block of 16 flats, a police barracks. Thanks for asking

Pls, send me a PM, let's discuss offline.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Babalakin(m): 7:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
MrMcJay:

Pls, send me a PM, let's discuss offline.
sent.I can't remember the email I registered with though
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MrMcJay(m): 1:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
Babalakin:
sent.I can't remember the email I registered with though

Replied your mail. Drop your number and I'll call you.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by charleschazzyna(m): 10:42am On Jun 06, 2016
True talk.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 07, 2016
A Real Estate/Human Resource Consulting Firm in Lagos seeks the services of a male and female marketing officers with OND, HND and BS.c on 50 50 commission basis, for more information on how to apply call 070170494400, 07060963144, 07031972866.
Note: This is a direct employment not agent please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.