Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,701 members, 7,955,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:44 AM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (434328 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 11:22pm On Nov 12, 2018
kkon:
Got a prospective land offer at abijo behind the Gra scheme I want to know if this area is good. Although will run search by this week just need a heads up.

Contact us for search. 08068088866.
Barr Ayo Aderinto.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Adebowale1616: 11:48am On Nov 19, 2018
Please my people, anyone with full knowledge on the measurement of land ? Especially by Ft

In the case of the below measurement, pls are they correct.

100FT × 50FT = (1 plot)
150FT × 100FT = (3 plots)

Pls hope the above are correct ?

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 7:46am On Nov 20, 2018
Adebowale1616:
Please my people, anyone with full knowledge on the measurement of land ? Especially by Ft

In the case of the below measurement, pls are they correct.

100FT × 50FT = (1 plot)
150FT × 100FT = (3 plots)

Pls hope the above are correct ?

Correct. Some are 60ft by 120ft
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Adebowale1616: 12:32am On Nov 21, 2018
Treash:

Correct. Some are 60ft by 120ft

Alright. Thanks so much.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 7:12am On Nov 21, 2018
From experience, it is gathered that a lot of Nigerians deliberately induced mishaps and problems on themselves due to ignorance and negligence. Every day, land frauds are either reported to Police station or civil suit are filed in court, predominantly in Lagos and Ogun State. This is owing to lack of due diligence when paying for the properties. In fact, some documents looks original but fake. Buyers are always in a hurry to pay & claim the land in the name of bearing landlords.

Buying a property without due investigation and precautions makes you look foolish when the effect becomes dawn on you. At that point, we lawyers have a little work to do, comparing to when you haven't paid initially. There are several attractive and scintillating offers everywhere, BUT contact us to check it out for you. We help you carry out our investigations and send you a written report when we are through. Please remember not to be carried away with end of the year promo from estate companies. Call us first.

Barr Ayo Aderinto: 08068088866.
ay4u888@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by ainas247: 9:36am On Nov 28, 2018
The Law, please I don't know how you would help in need of cash this December to sort out something very fast so,

I would like to sell this my property to your client or anyone you know sir.

it's an uncompleted 3brm suites at lintel level on 120 by 37 fts. All block I use is size 9 from start to finish, I have already done well-water and suck away. Is at Arepo area after ogba Ayo (Songo Ijoko Road).

The document I have is original family receipt and the proposed plan

Thank You..
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 4:45pm On Nov 28, 2018
ainas247:
The Law, please I don't know how you would help in need of cash this December to sort out something very fast so,

I would like to sell this my property to your client or anyone you know sir.

it's an uncompleted 3brm suites at lintel level on 120 by 37 fts. All block I use is size 9 from start to finish, I have already done well-water and suck away. Is at Arepo area after ogba Ayo (Songo Ijoko Road).

The document I have is original family receipt and the proposed plan

Thank You..

I reside at Joju Sango Ota. We can talk about it.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by ednut1(m): 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2018
lawyer:

This information is very wrong. A deed of conveyance and deed of assignment mean the same thing. They both convey title to a purchaser. There is no difference between the names. The difference is just nomenclature when titling the name of each document and the particular purpose the documents are being drafted for.

Secondly a deed of conveyance is not given to a purchaser for a temporary performance of an action on a land. Once you convey, assign or transfer a property to another, it is permanent and comes either in the form of freehold or fee simple. Any document that provides for a temporary performance of an action in land cannot be a deed of assignment, transfer or conveyance. Rather it would come in the form of a deed of sublease, lease or rent.
mr lawyer keep up the good work. We chatted some years ago even tho i didnt understand u well then as regards this ibeju lekki lands. Recently got a contact in alausa to help me check some lands in that axis. Most of them were govt lands. Bt these estate guys would claim excisin in progress. Omo these guys are wicked bastards using pples money to gamble. Chai

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by ainas247: 8:32pm On Nov 29, 2018
Treash:

Please how can I contact you sir?
Thanks
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by ainas247: 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2018
Treash:

Please how can I contact you sir?
Thanks.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by AbubakarSANLI: 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2018
Thats good
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:39pm On Dec 10, 2018
ednut1:
mr lawyer keep up the good work. We chatted some years ago even tho i didnt understand u well then as regards this ibeju lekki lands. Recently got a contact in alausa to help me check some lands in that axis. Most of them were govt lands. Bt these estate guys would claim excisin in progress. Omo these guys are wicked bastards using pples money to gamble. Chai

Hello Sir, by default all land belong to government. Neutrally if you conduct a search on any land at Alausa; the result will definitely show "Government Acquisition" that why it's important to perfect documentations on land before it can be free from government.
Having say this if comes to Acquisition we have:
1. Committed Acquisition: if search results show committed acquisition please don't buy; because it means the location has been mapped out for specific projects by the government; sooner or later government will come for it. And another thing with committed acquisition is that; no documentations can be done /approved on such land.
2. Global or General Acquisition: If the results say general acquisition; it validate the fact that; the land still belong to the government but the location has never been mapped out at all for any government projects whatsoever. So if documentations like Excision and so on is pursue on such land, it can definitely be approved.

In nut shell, land that are undergoing excision are relatively cheap compared to those with approved Excision and all those approved excision, gazette and c of o passed through the process before been approved.

In nut shell, it's not necessarily a wicked act to market land with excision in process but what I've explained above should be taken into consideration.

If you should buy a land with excision in process today from Real Estate company and the excision get approved the following day, automatically your land will be appreciated by over 100%.

Let I forget, we have wonderful offers within and around Ibeju-Lekki. Excision in process, Approved Excision, Gazette, C of o.

For more information, I'm at your services.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:43pm On Dec 10, 2018
Treash:

I will take time to schedule a meeting with you Sir. I'm not too far to Joju as well.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Phazace(m): 10:19am On Dec 13, 2018
lawyer:
Hi Everyone! 2009 and 2010 was great for so many reasons because i made people finally realise they have the power to determine how they buy property before throwing away their hard earned money. Personally i feel very very fulfilled that i did my best to help a lot of Nairalanders search properties and recommend the ones that are valid and the ones that have so many hidden problems that by the time you purchase it, you end up having more headaches than when you previously didnt buy any land. I was doing my calculation yesterday and i realised i have turned down almost N165Million worth of properties that were advertised to be sold to intending purchasers that had so many hidden scruples that the agents and omoniles wont tell you till you commit your money and then its from frying pan to fire. smiley

For the avoidance of doubt for First Time Property/Land Buyers or New Nairaland Property Viewers and Readers  who dont know what a property search is, it means before you buy any land or property whatso ever in any form or shape where ever, you have to know the validity of it.

Lagos in particular is so notorious when it comes to sale of property or land that have so many fraudulent defects surrounding that land/ property that you wont even know what has hit you. These set of people are known as the Omoniles, land grabbers or land touts.

Omoniles naturally should mean owners of the original land which includes the original family that truthfully inherited the property from their fore fathers that has passed down to them. But the real problem comes when there are so many members of the family that are divided in terms of claiming ownership of the lands and how the land truthfully devolved to them. Before you know it, a property that is meant to be shared by a family of 3 to claim ownership is now being contested by the brother in law, the aunty, the great grand uncle relatives etc and thats when they begin to employ touts going around to masquerade as the original owners with the right to sell and after you fall victim of their sweet tongues and coercion, you realise that you bought from the wrong family or the wrong set of people who have no right to sell the land to you and you would be confronted by the original owners  when you have started building half way and forced to cough out another payment to the real owners or be thrown out of the land. Trust me this scourge is very very real and 65% of lands in lagos have this problem one way or the other.

The other way your being decieved is by telling you the genuiness of the property comes from a set of documents. Those set of documents include either a survey plan, a deed of assignment, a certificate of occupancy, government allocation letter, government gazette or governors consent.

They will show you all manners of papers to make you believe them instantly and start pointing to different houses around there that has been built by one commissioner or one Minister or one big man and that their houses are still standing without any government wahala. What they want you to do is to instantly believe them and pay money to them immediately. One thing you can be rest assured is that, once you pay money to an Omonile, you will never ever ever get a refund of that money. Its gone and in some cases its in your front they will start sharing the money.

Dont ever ever fall for that trick. Always demand for what ever documents they have. I will point out the importance of each document to know the relevance of it and why it shouldn't be taken for granted.

7 must-know property investment fundermental for nigerians (home/diaspora) and non Nigerians who want to triple their investment returns without falling into scam.

This information will save you 100 Yeats of regrets.

Research the company
If there's positive review
If there's no review at all
Yes, because people don't talk when things are as they expected
If negative review

Know the prices and compare the prices

Around the amount sold in the area
More than the amount
It could have a higher title, higher fertilities and close proximity to the centre of development
Far less than what is sold

Demand the title

CofO
Excision/Gazette
Allocation
Governor's Concent
Deed of assignment
Global C of O
It could be a trap (confirm that your subject of interest falls within
Excision in process)

Demand to visit the land for inspection

Company ready for inspection
Company not ready for inspection until you you hold money

Higher a trusted surveyor to confirm land status.

If the title correlates with the location
If it doesn't correlate

You may be surprised to confirm that the titled ibeju-lekki document when verified falls in ikorodu

Search property records to ensure your subject of interest does not have dispute.

Not encumbered
No collateral issues
No family dispute
Encumbered, Collateral or Family dispute

Another tip for individual property prospect, insist on meeting the real owner

Owner will be available
Owner travelled to abuja and then flies to London then to Australia

be wise, contact FLORAHOMESGC for your property verification, www.florahomesgc.com
call 08067275275

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 11:57am On Dec 14, 2018
INTEGRITYA1:

I will take time to schedule a meeting with you Sir. I'm not too far to Joju as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.