Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,533 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:30 PM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (434356 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by koonleh: 8:23pm On Dec 26, 2018
please do your how much it cost to get a record copy of 2 plots of land in ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Dennis3D(m): 1:24am On Dec 27, 2018
Yes. It is. In some areas. If it's Lagos a plot is 60/120fit
Adebowale1616:
Please my people, anyone with full knowledge on the measurement of land ? Especially by Ft

In the case of the below measurement, pls are they correct.

100FT × 50FT = (1 plot)
150FT × 100FT = (3 plots)

Pls hope the above are correct ?

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MariamAlheri: 10:01pm On Dec 27, 2018
Please who has/knows of any land/building for sale around any of the universities in Ibadan? Please mention me. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 11:35am On Dec 28, 2018
MariamAlheri:
Please who has/knows of any land/building for sale around any of the universities in Ibadan? Please mention me. Thanks.

Are you ready and serious sir. There are available properties. It depends on how serious you are.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 11:36am On Dec 28, 2018
koonleh:
please do your how much it cost to get a record copy of 2 plots of land in ibadan.

Which part.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MariamAlheri: 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2018
Treash:

Are you ready and serious sir. There are available properties. It depends on how serious you are.

Very serious sir.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 8:22pm On Dec 28, 2018
MariamAlheri:

Very serious sir.
Can you kindly drop ur number. Let's talk on phone

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MariamAlheri: 8:41pm On Dec 28, 2018
Treash:

Can you kindly drop ur number. Let's talk on phone

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 8:46pm On Dec 28, 2018
MariamAlheri:

ok

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 8:46pm On Dec 28, 2018
MariamAlheri:

ok

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MariamAlheri: 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2018
Treash:

ok

I missed your calls, I'm sorry I was busy.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by cc150615(f): 9:18am On Jan 03, 2019
INTEGRITYA1:

Hello Sir, by default all land belong to government. Neutrally if you conduct a search on any land at Alausa; the result will definitely show "Government Acquisition" that why it's important to perfect documentations on land before it can be free from government.
Having say this if comes to Acquisition we have:
1. Committed Acquisition: if search results show committed acquisition please don't buy; because it means the location has been mapped out for specific projects by the government; sooner or later government will come for it. And another thing with committed acquisition is that; no documentations can be done /approved on such land.
2. Global or General Acquisition: If the results say general acquisition; it validate the fact that; the land still belong to the government but the location has never been mapped out at all for any government projects whatsoever. So if documentations like Excision and so on is pursue on such land, it can definitely be approved.

In nut shell, land that are undergoing excision are relatively cheap compared to those with approved Excision and all those approved excision, gazette and c of o passed through the process before been approved.

In nut shell, it's not necessarily a wicked act to market land with excision in process but what I've explained above should be taken into consideration.

If you should buy a land with excision in process today from Real Estate company and the excision get approved the following day, automatically your land will be appreciated by over 100%.

Let I forget, we have wonderful offers within and around Ibeju-Lekki. Excision in process, Approved Excision, Gazette, C of o.

For more information, I'm at your services.

Does this mean that a land can have approved excision and still show under government acquisition when you search for it at the registry?

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:15pm On Jan 03, 2019
cc150615:

Does this mean that a land can have approved excision and still show under government acquisition when you search for it at the registry?

No, once it has been "Approved" the search will indicate the type of tittle documents (Government Excision or particular family excision and so on).

But if there is no approval yet even if it's under processing, it will definitely show government acquisition (and if the location is been mapped out by the government for specific projects, it will show committed)

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by cc150615(f): 2:49pm On Jan 03, 2019
INTEGRITYA1:
[/b]

No, once it has been "Approved" the search will indicate the type of tittle documents (Government Excision or particular family excision and so on).

But if there is no approval yet even if it's under processing, it will definitely show government acquisition (and if the location is been mapped out by the government for specific projects, it will show committed)

Ok, thank you because I recently did a search on a land the Realtor said had excision but the result returned under government acquisition. I haven't paid tho.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by INTEGRITYA1(m): 5:28pm On Jan 03, 2019
cc150615:

Ok, thank you because I recently did a search on a land the Realtor said had excision but the result returned under government acquisition. I haven't paid tho.

If the result said under government acquisition (it means the excision is not yet approved).

Though, I don't know the location you're taking about and if the said land is from Estate arrangements by the real estate companies.

Ibeju-Lekki for instance, if you wanted to buy land with Excision presently the minimum you can get is from #2.5m per plot

Those with "Excision in Process" are between 600k to #1.5m.

So confirm from the said Realtor if the Excision is in process or Approved.

If the property you're talking about is from Real Estate company and the excision is still under processing (Since the search says government acquisition; it safe for you. Assume it's committed that's no go area).

If it's excision in process ask for both the coordinates and the file number through which the Excision is been processed.

The major determinant factor of land price is the "Tittle"

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Ozonemaster2005: 9:14pm On Jan 03, 2019
Hi Dear Lawyer,
Happy new year. I wish to inform you that I have a property for sale in Rivers State PortHarcourt. Can you market it for me. Its a decent Mini Estate.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Conceptman: 1:13pm On Jan 06, 2019
Adebowale1616:
Please my people, anyone with full knowledge on the measurement of land ? Especially by Ft

In the case of the below measurement, pls are they correct.

100FT × 50FT = (1 plot)
150FT × 100FT = (3 plots)

Pls hope the above are correct ?
the regular measurement is 60*120 per plot,
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Conceptman: 1:15pm On Jan 06, 2019
happy New year
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 6:05pm On Jan 10, 2019
Restrictions placed on sale of lands in Nigeria.

There are certain factors guiding land transactions in Nigeria, especially before you pay.

1. Before a party can sell land to another, the consent of the Governor of such State is required. However, a property with an initial C of O needs no governor's consent, because both documents originate from the State government. Simply put, C of O and Governor's Consent have the same effect. But where the owner of a land with C of O sells same land to another person, such subsequent buyer must process his application for Governor's Consent. This is because the initial C of O carries the name of the previous owner.

2. Under the law, a person under the age of 21 (twenty-one) cannot be granted a Statutory right of occupancy. This implies that a C of O or permission to own land cannot be issued to a child below 21 years.

3. Without the approval of the National Council of States, a non-Nigerian cannot be granted a right of occupancy. This implies that a non-Nigerian cannot be given license to own land in Nigeria, except with the written approval of the Council of State.

4. Where a land belongs to a community or family, the consent of the family head or community head must be obtained before there can be a valid sale. Any sale of family or community land without the consent of the head of that family, such a sale is invalid. Any sale of community land without the consent of the Community Head, shall be set aside.

5. Covenant in a lease may also restrict the sale and transfer of land. For example, if a property is leased/rented, the written tenancy agreement is to the affect that, you are not permitted to sell the property leased to you.

6. The law also state that, any land owed by a Nigerian Coal Corporation cannot be sold except with the written permission of the Federal Minister in charge. This implies that, for example, before we purchase any property belonging to a Federal agency like NNPC, the consent of the Minister must be sought and obtained, else the sale wil be invalid even after you build on it.

7. Town planning laws may also restrict the sale of certain lands where the purposes for which they are intended to be used are contrary to the purposes of town and planning laws. For example, an industrial place designated for such industrial purpose should strictly be abided to rather than using it for something else like residential or religious purpose.

8. In Lagos, the law states that the sale of any land which the Lagos State government has marked for road construction shall be in nullity. This means that once a land is marked for road purpose, such land is not permitted to be sold for use.

9. Doctrine of ‘ Lis Pendis’ : This means that once a land matter is in court between two parties, no one is allowed to sell/buy such land until the case has been concluded and final judgement is given.

In this regard, I urge you to carry out your due investigation and search before purchasing any property in Nigeria.

Barr. Ayo Adeolu Aderinto.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by legalwealth(m): 9:11pm On Jan 13, 2019
Hmm! !!

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.