Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,578 members, 7,823,511 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (429507 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by chekz169: 11:48pm On Oct 14, 2018
Hello house. Please what are ways to show proof of ownership of inherited property. because the property does not have documentation (i.e deeds and title)! It was inherited by my father.
How do I show proof that his the owner of the property without having deeds and title of the land and property !!

Urgent question !!!!
Pls I need suggestions!!
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by educhigo: 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2018
please brothers and sister urgent advise needed actually i'm not in nigeria for long time i base abroad, the topic is that i buy one plot of land in delta state asaba condition tile.deed of agreement and survey plan,i have settle the community fence and fix gate on it,but i am still afraid of someone go ahead sale the land again
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 10:02am On Oct 22, 2018
educhigo:
please brothers and sister urgent advise needed actually i'm not in nigeria for long time i base abroad, the topic is that i buy one plot of land in delta state asaba condition tile.deed of agreement and survey plan,i have settle the community fence and fix gate on it,but i am still afraid of someone go ahead sale the land again

Have you reported to the sellers. Have you gotten a lawyer to act for you? Did you put anyone in charge sir?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 10:05am On Oct 22, 2018
chekz169:
Hello house. Please what are ways to show proof of ownership of inherited property. because the property does not have documentation (i.e deeds and title)! It was inherited by my father.
How do I show proof that his the owner of the property without having deeds and title of the land and property !!

Urgent question !!!!
Pls I need suggestions!!

Traditional history of acquisition and possession wl be sufficient. Or rather, start processing the documentation.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by chekz169: 10:26am On Oct 22, 2018
Treash:

Traditional history of acquisition and possession wl be sufficient. Or rather, start processing the documentation.

Pls can you share more light to this! How do I go about the traditional history of acquisition
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 10:35am On Oct 22, 2018
chekz169:

Pls can you share more light to this! How do I go about the traditional history of acquisition

Traditional history means how your fore Fathers got the land and for how long. Though it wl be necessary if the land is subject to court proceedings. For the purpose of sale, all you need to do is to convince the buyer that the land is free from acquisition and dispute. You can also ask that he do personal research on it.

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by neezar: 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2018
pureheartlady don't derail that thread

Hit me up here
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by pureheartlady(f): 12:44pm On Oct 24, 2018
neezar:
pureheartlady don't derail that thread
Hit me up here
Run away ..........
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by neezar: 12:45pm On Oct 24, 2018
pureheartlady:
Run away ..........
Lol

Why
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by pureheartlady(f): 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2018
neezar:
Lol
Why
Why what?
Are you free now? (call)
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by neezar: 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2018
pureheartlady:
Why what?

Are you free now? (call)
Let's do sms
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by pureheartlady(f): 12:52pm On Oct 24, 2018
neezar:
Let's do sms
grin
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by wesco73: 8:13am On Oct 26, 2018
Hello house please I need an answer. Is it proper for me to give buyer the photo copy of my c of o for verification before payment. Thanks
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 9:30am On Oct 26, 2018
wesco73:
Hello house please I need an answer. Is it proper for me to give buyer the photo copy of my c of o for verification before payment. Thanks

Yes

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by wesco73: 10:54am On Oct 26, 2018
Thanks
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by id4sho(m): 1:41pm On Oct 31, 2018
lawyer:
[size=14pt]3. Certificate of Occupancy, Government Allocation, Governors Consent:[/size]

These 3 are the dream lands or properties you can buy from with no stress or wahala what so ever. Any property that has any of the 3 is a very Good property to buy and to search them in Alausa is very easy because the records are there. In most situations, i will encourage you to look for properties that have a Global C/O, Private Certificate of Occupancy, Government Allocation or Governors Consent. Its so easy to perfect your papers in Future and your most likely in Most situations going to get compensated from the Government in case anything goes wrong if they attempt to acquire it or query it.

The only problems i have seen is that most properties or lands with a C/O, Government consent or Government allocation letter are quite expensive because of the paper work that has been done thoroughly by the present seller and it almost eliminates omonile from the transaction in most cases. So because the owners know that they have correct papers, they market and sell their properties quite high too because they are selling you gold. But then again you need your lawyer to help you negotiate favourably to make sure the property becomes yours.

The second problem is the issue of fake C/Os, Government Allocation Letters and Governors Consent. In my experience i have seen more than enough fake documents and these agents or omoniles would be so bold enough to dare you to go and check it in Alausa. They will so brain wash you and brag about its validity that you might be tempted to take their word for it but when you decide to go and search it in Alausa, you will find out that it doesnt exist and when you go back to challenge them, you hear new stories and unbelievable song and dance stories that you would almost want to puke.

Always demand for the Document to do the search. Dont listen to their stories. If they go as far as saying they wont release the C/O or Governors consent due to security risks, ask them for the number alone and the rest will be investigated. Dont compromise and get hoodwinked. Its the way they get their bread and butter. You fall for the scam, your on your own.
Good day House, Am presently having a issue with a land my late dad had in kagini layout , Abuja. All documents are in wrong hands, I only have the compensation document for the Plot in his name and a document titled " APPLICATION FOR GRANT /RE-GRANT OF A STATUTORY RIGHT OF OCCUPANCY " with its Site Plan in the name of the first allotee . While he was alive, I saw a R of O in his name and some other documents , How do I approach AGIS /FCDA. Do land registry keep hard copies of documents, deeds and all records. Please comments, advice and guide is welcomed. He also applied for building approval from department of development control shortly before he passed on in 2016.
thanks in anticipation.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Contumely: 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2018
@Lawyer, what's your view about buying all these estate lands. I mean all these lands bought by realtors and now shared / sold to many?

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 8:26am On Nov 04, 2018
Contumely:
@Lawyer, what's your view about buying all these estate lands.
I mean all these lands bought by realtors and now shared / sold to many?

Everyone has a right to sell their properties. Buying from the Estate companies is also good. One good advantage is that it saves you the cost and charges frm the Omoniles.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by folmus: 11:52am On Nov 04, 2018
Treash:

Everyone has a right to sell their properties. Buying from the Estate companies is also good. One good advantage is that it saves you the cost and charges frm the Omoniles.

What about those selling farmlands as residentials grin grin

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
folmus:

What about those selling farmlands as residentials grin grin
As how.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by micomoh: 8:31am On Nov 05, 2018
I want to know about lands in CHOIS ESTATE Abijo. I have clients that I want to refer to the lands in the estate but some people are saying the lands there has problems with government. How true is this please?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2018
Eedris002:
Please Agent in the house I have a plot of land with 4 bedroom foundation for sale and it's urgent, it's my personal property, the land is at Iyana Coker Ifo Ogun state, please anyone interested should contact me on 07081059048

ok
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by folmus: 7:51am On Nov 09, 2018
Treash:

As how.

Boss, as stated in my post. Most of the land sold to people in Agbowa by these estates is Agric Land that can only be ratified for Agric
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 7:27am On Nov 11, 2018
folmus:

Boss, as stated in my post. Most of the land sold to people in Agbowa by these estates is Agric Land that can only be ratified for Agric

kk
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by zeestone99(m): 10:23am On Nov 11, 2018
I wish I came across this thread earlier. I bought a land at ifo, gudugba area ogun state, i was only given family receipt, i have built on the said land nw, almost reaching lintel level. I v nt been disturbed considering the fact dat I v settled the omo onile their sumtin wen I want to start foundation...
After reading this thread I feel worried, dnt wnt all my investment to go sideways.
Pls advice.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by kkon(m): 11:41pm On Nov 11, 2018
Got a prospective land offer at abijo behind the Gra scheme I want to know if this area is good. Although will run search by this week just need a heads up.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 11:20pm On Nov 12, 2018
zeestone99:
I wish I came across this thread earlier. I bought a land at ifo, gudugba area ogun state, i was only given family receipt, i have built on the said land nw, almost reaching lintel level. I v nt been disturbed considering the fact dat I v settled the omo onile their sumtin wen I want to start foundation...
After reading this thread I feel worried, dnt wnt all my investment to go sideways.
Pls advice.

08068088866, I stay at Sango Ota Ogun state. Call me.

Barr Ayo

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.