Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,163 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life (4235 Views)

Men Wise Up, Marriage Favours Women More (photos) / Ladies Give Love To Get Favours Men Give Favours To Get Love / Ladies! Marriage Is Not An Ambition, Follow Your Ambition... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 02, 2017
tobianthony:

Hmmm...

My first observation is that you told us a lot about this fellow but little about your friend ...save for the fact her mother knows four prophets ?

The first thing that came to my mind is that ..why does your friend want to get married at such a young age ? How many of her dreams has she accomplished ?

No offence ...but I put myself in her high heels and I said to myself marriage can kill dreams ... Which in itself is not necessarily a bad thing . Let her go into the world and make something of herself and then say yes ...I have found myself ...I need this fellow to start a family .

If I were your friend I would protect my relationship from my mother .

I shudder at the thought of a potential mother in law going to not one but four prophets to see my future ...

Perhaps I'm being to forward ... But tell us more about your friend . That would help a lot .

she just finished med school and is currently working as a house officer, she has plans to have her fashion design outlet and wants to build houses, she is funny in the cynical way,a realist/idealist, very smart, sometimes wierd, sometimes annoying and has a love for all things sugar. I think she can be a little naive at times, and she is the type that wouldn't think twice about giving money if she thinks you need it. She has anger issues but rarely if ever get angry, and when she does, it usually over something most people wouldn't vex over, she's sometimes very non chalant and laid back about things
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by jconsulting(f): 10:01pm On May 02, 2017
I hate this insinuation that wife provide sex for her man, is it that wife too don't enjoy sex.....

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 02, 2017
Nellychinma20 the picture on your profile says it all.
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 02, 2017
Nellychinma20:
thanks a lot, I love ur smartness. my point is that if we can be frank with ourselves, we would know that men are the greatest beneficiary in any marriage. let's check this
once u marry a lady, she's expected to cook, wash, clean, arrange, tolerate, endure, appreciate encourage and make babies in addition to warming the bed and being at ur beck and call.
Moreover there are also other things I may not be able to mention. Likewise the society is not helping matters, the whole burden is on the woman. she's expected to take anything from the husbands family :if the husband cheats it's her fault, if he beats her she's at fault cos she talks too much, the man as portrayed as perfect by the society
Without reading your other comments I can categorically tell you are lazy, frustrated, confused, egocentric, arrogant, spoilt brat.
Your experience of failure doesn't mean other women are failing.
You better pray to conquer those enemies within you
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 02, 2017
funmisticqueen:
she just finished med school and is currently working as a house officer, she has plans to have her fashion design outlet and wants to build houses, she is funny in the cynical way,a realist/idealist, very smart, sometimes wierd, sometimes annoying and has a love for all things sugar. I think she can be a little naive at times, and she is the type that wouldn't think twice about giving money if she thinks you need it. She has anger issues but rarely if ever get angry, and when she does, it usually over something most people wouldn't vex over, she's sometimes very non chalant and laid back about things

Hmmm... Ok I see ... Ask her this question if she didn't love this fellow at all can she spend the rest of her life with him ?

Deep down does she want someone who earns a salary or someone who is a businessman ?

My only problem with your friend are these prophets and her mother ...I know her mum means well but come on ...
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 02, 2017
Bumbae1:
Right now my heart faint So nah to postpone remain grin
hahahahah come if u leav me yawa go dey!!!

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Cleopatra4(f): 1:18am On May 03, 2017
Thought I was the only... Op the pressure on us getting married is inevitable. Especially from our parent. I just want a happy life. Marriage doesn't guarantee happiness. Most times I get scared of it when I see what happens in most marriages. Speaking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 4:17am On May 03, 2017
kimbra:
Don't let one failed marriage be the parameter to judge other marriage outcomes. People are doing well in marriages and it doesn't just favour only men.

They said I should tip here......

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 4:35am On May 03, 2017
Nellychinma20:
Yesterday I was with my friend(a divorcee) and we took a memory walk on her previous marriage. She was pressurized into the marriage by family and they were even the first to place the blame on her when the problems started.
My advice to young ladies, get a life, don't let a man give u meaning. Many rush into marriage even as many rush out. Marriage is not as many think it is.
I created this forum so that we ladies can voice our mind on marriage and everything pertaining to it. And please no insults allowed and don't let the males derail us. so bring it on

I absolutely agree with you, women need to own themselves (know who they are independent of the union, what they want, and pursue their dreams). Like you say: no man can give you meaning, and it is unfair to put such pressure on any person.

Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Titilayooni(f): 5:30am On May 03, 2017
kimbra:
Don't let one failed marriage be the parameter to judge other marriage outcomes. People are doing well in marriages and it doesn't just favour only men.
Thank you jare...even with the rate at which pple r divorcing,domestic violence,some couples are still enjoying their marriages...the prayer is not to miss it maritally.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Lionessza(f): 6:55am On May 03, 2017
Mansions:
When you go and buy a commodity for instance a car with your money . You have the right to use it the way you like and park it whenever you choose. So Nigeria girls have chosen to be a commodity and liability to men so I don't blame if any rich guy that treats his wife like trash cos that's what they deserve. You are a girl , you did not learn a hand work, no job, no money .then all you can offer is painted face and expensive hair which still a man's money and then why would the Man value you. You girls should please try to be independent and stop depending on men or asking them for money

You made a lot of sense in this post although I don't support the "treat them like trash part " because the men are also to blame for this, they marry these sort of women with no identities of their own and then complain about it later. Why not look for someone who will meet your standards and marry them instead? Why rush into commitment with someone whom you deem unworthy and get upset about it?. These sort of women are a product of their communities and so are the men, if both have been groomed or conditioned to be a certain way, trust me only a few will deviate and the rest will fall to trap of being professional husband hunters and the men will go for the wannabe models. Without proper guidance both are doomed from the get go.
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Lionessza(f): 7:14am On May 03, 2017
Nellychinma20:
thanks a lot, I love ur smartness. my point is that if we can be frank with ourselves, we would know that men are the greatest beneficiary in any marriage. let's check this
once u marry a lady, she's expected to cook, wash, clean, arrange, tolerate, endure, appreciate encourage and make babies in addition to warming the bed and being at ur beck and call.
Moreover there are also other things I may not be able to mention. Likewise the society is not helping matters, the whole burden is on the woman. she's expected to take anything from the husbands family :if the husband cheats it's her fault, if he beats her she's at fault cos she talks too much, the man as portrayed as perfect by the society

I understand what you are saying about society. ..but why not give your own marriage identity and character ? Why not choose a person that will see marriage like you do instead of settling for a guy that has chauvinistic tendencies? What I'm trying to say is that some women too are to blame for their "laziness" to change things , take charge etc. It's like they wait for society and the husband to define who and what they are which is crap. For instance look at what we call " westernized " societies I live in one , the roles of women and men in the home front in terms of the stuff you mentioned are rapidly changing. If I can go to work and bring the cheque home ( which by society rules is his job right?) , why can't he meet me half in my own "society role" like clean the house and other duties? There is no reason hence they do it , my point girl is that if women don't force and demand changes in society things will stay the same for them cus men aren't bothered by the status quo and why should they ? They after all have been conditioned that way .
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 7:18am On May 03, 2017
kimbra:
thank you my sister. One Goldberg for you! Some girls go into marriage like a war front. If only they listen to the preaching/advice on their wedding day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 8:23am On May 03, 2017
Martin124:
hahahahah come if u leav me yawa go dey!!!
grin morning
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 8:23am On May 03, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

They said I should tip here......
Lol savage
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 8:29am On May 03, 2017
Nellychinma20:
I have an advice for ladies
marriage is not a do or die affair
marriage is not a child's play
Get a life before u get a man
Don't believe the man has ur best interest at heart and know what suits u better
Don't believe because u are married, ur husband will do ur bidding all the time
No man wants a liability
A man would appreciate if u have a life outside the marriage
Your husband is not ur father
Don't judge cos of your friend's experience about marriage. You sound as though you're are the person
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by KennyID17(m): 8:48am On May 03, 2017
Bumbae1:

grin morning

Morning wink
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 8:50am On May 03, 2017
KennyID17:

Morning wink
Morning cheesy where u at since
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by KennyID17(m): 8:54am On May 03, 2017
Bumbae1:

Morning cheesy where u at since

No b u ignore me for za oza room?

On NL, just laying low, too much fights these days
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 8:56am On May 03, 2017
KennyID17:

No b u ignore me for za oza room?

On NL, just laying low, too much fights these days
Lol oga Angel
U watch Anne ? Really enjoying that programme
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by KennyID17(m): 8:58am On May 03, 2017
Bumbae1:

Lol oga Angel
U watch Anne ? Really enjoying that programme

Yh, seen episode 7 already, heard that is d season finale, happy they got to keep green gables. How u been? smiley
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 9:05am On May 03, 2017
KennyID17:

Yh, seen episode 7 already, heard that is d season finale, happy they got to keep green gables. How u been? smiley
Yh but some new guys on the farm think they will steal all there stock
Im good just browsing doing few things online before i head off
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by KennyID17(m): 9:08am On May 03, 2017
Bumbae1:

Yh but some new guys on the farm think they will steal all there stock
Im good just browsing doing few things online before i head off

Yh, that should b next season.

Have a productive day ahead bumbumbay grin kiss
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 9:35am On May 03, 2017
Bumbae1:

grin morning
good morning,how was ur night na?Bumbae do u know Ayeen(AYE)foundation?
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 9:37am On May 03, 2017
Martin124:
good morning,how was ur night na?Bumbae do u know Ayeen(AYE)foundation?

Nah what's that
Was bliss how was yours ? Lol be like say u put tracker for my body lol u always know when I am online grin
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 9:51am On May 03, 2017
Bumbae1:

Nah what's that
Was bliss how was yours ? Lol be like say u put tracker for my body lol u always know when I am online grin
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nellychinma20(f): 4:33pm On May 03, 2017
Batam:

Without reading your other comments I can categorically tell you are lazy, frustrated, confused, egocentric, arrogant, spoilt brat.
Your experience of failure doesn't mean other women are failing.
You better pray to conquer those enemies within you
good afternoon dear, hope u are doing well
I just want u to know u are a bitch and an asshole.
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by ayokellany: 3:38pm On Sep 09, 2017
Nellychinma20:

What are you saying men definitely are the biggest beneficiary so do you want to impose your own norm of making woman the biggest beneficiary on the society ? If you reason deep enough you'd understand that is why the society also have men foot the bills in a union. Provide accommodation security etc. It is a leverage (norm) at balancing itself (selflessness of the woman) for the good of the society. In today society woman are allowed more room to determine their role/future in relationship so don't just whine blame all your problem on the society, it is not perfect but fair. There are several escape route for female who do not want to be in a relationship for whatever reason this day.

You advocacy of men to bear the burden of the trauma or pain of their decision to break up unfavourable union is what I have a problem with. If you can not bear the heat ma'am simply leave the kitchen and endure the trauma n pains that comes with such decision. I think this is fair enough to both parties because men are simply able to cover their own pain/trauma and move on. Your advocacy should be geared towards such orientation in my opinion instead of blaming the society/men for norm century old.
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2017
Op stop deceiving your fellow ladies. That ur marriage or ur friends marriage did not workout due to insensitivity,arrogance Nd lack of submissiveness,means their own will fail. The number of happy marriages exceed that of unhappy ones. U sound pained Nd I believe that ur friend left her matrimonial home due to the wrong advice's you gave her.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Sierusvirus(m): 4:21pm On Sep 09, 2017
Nellychinma20:

What do you have to say about a woman whom a man has married still cheats on him with his money?
Men also face domestic violence from woman he paid her dowry, what do you have to say about that?

If tables are meant to be turned around, me and you knows that women will rubbish men and won't give men half of what they give to them.
Notwithstanding, that both went to the university and are meant to work ,generate money to build family together but greater % of women won't but rather put their whole trust In sleeping around to get the money and at the end , start complaining.
Men are also passing through a lot of issues from women but they rather swallow and work harder and make alternative move but a woman won't, why?
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Sierusvirus(m): 4:36pm On Sep 09, 2017
jconsulting:
I hate this insinuation that wife provide sex for her man, is it that wife too don't enjoy sex.....
God in heaven will bless you. Like she will be normal if the husband avoids making love to her.
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nellychinma20(f): 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2017
thesuave10:

I agree that marriage is So overrated. Every woman needs a man. Women are like a storm of emotions and men are like their rock they hold on to
it really is .
Like no marriage no life .
As if marriage is a crown to success

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wow! This Animal Can Survive For Months Without Eating. (pictures) / It Is Normal To See High School Kids Kiss And Hug In Brazil (photos) / Has Anyone Seen This Job Interview Invite??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.