Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,955 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:59 PM

Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) (54307 Views)

Sanusi Lamido Welcomes Baby With His 4th Wife (Photos) / Photos Of The Rolls-Royces In Emir Sanusi’s Garage / Aminu Sanusi Lamido Becomes A Police Officer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by nyxus(m): 3:39pm On May 02, 2017
pavy:

What's your deal?
The guy merely asked a simple question, so maybe he has never been to the North to understand their way of life, maybe he wants to know the duties of an Emir, either answer his question or ignore it, why the insults?

Too many kids online these days smh

Online Grandpa
Nairaland dinosaur
Prehistoric phone user

#wehdone Sir
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by nyxus(m): 3:41pm On May 02, 2017
Reference:

Which rubbush, nonsense culture is that. Countries thst have executed their kings and terminated their monarchies are no worse than Nigeria where these people are startling symbols of ethnocentrism. Use that money for adult and community education and enlightenment programs and free the people from their feudal overlords. The only monarchy I can tolerate is that of Great Britain because it us a net contributor to the treasury and economy via tourism. These ones on the other hand are net consumers of scarce resources and an indirect drain on the economy by the cost of cleaning up the trouble they forment all over the place. Rubbish.

Go and execute the one from your village.
Children of hate.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by Xzbit91: 3:41pm On May 02, 2017
Icon79:
Old boy, you're a full time slowpoke!

You said 1.2m naira for doing what exactly? Are you that ignorant or were you just acting??
Do you think that being a traditional ruler USA simple task? Have you ever been in any sort leadership position before?
Do you know how difficult it is to lead people, even as a simple class prefect?

And by the way, what is 1.2m naira self? That's less than $4,000 which most of us makes in2 weeks!

Please next time think before you post and don't just expose your ignorance.

O pari

No most mind this people. Give them ordinary class rep and watch the class rep and watch them beg to have leadership taken away from them
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 02, 2017
onyenze123:

My question is to get an answer from you since the evidence is overwhelming grin
You have not answered my question.
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by SIRTee15: 3:45pm On May 02, 2017
If u guys don't want traditional rulers to be paid, then return their lands n properties back to them......
They they can lease it out and collect royalties from their properties.....
This was how our traditional rulers earn a living before the white man came and messed things up for everybody.....
This kings existed before the politicians, governors, senators or president.....
So why should their roles be expunged, just because the white man created a system that turned the odds against them.....
Turning traditional rulersto beggars and stooges to governors.....

I'm not sure the queen of England earn salary directly from the govt....
But she has properties worth billions of pounds scattered all over England.....
She makes a living from inherited private estates, personal investment portfolio, land lease, grants......
The UK govt didn't seize those properties from their royal families.......
Thus allowing them financial independence.......
We should do same for our traditional rulers......
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by nyxus(m): 3:46pm On May 02, 2017
SIRTee15:
If u guys don't want traditional rulers to be paid, then return their lands n properties back to them......
They they can lease it out and collect royalties from their properties.....
This was how our traditional rulers earn a living before the white man came and messed things up for everybody.....
This kings existed before the politicians, governors, senators or president.....
So why should their roles be expunged, just because the white man created a system that turned the odds against them.....
Turning traditional rulersto beggars and stooges to governors.....

I'm not sure the queen of England earn salary directly from the govt....
But she has properties worth billions of pounds scattered all over England.....
She makes a living from inherited private estates, personal investment portfolio, land lease, grants......
The UK govt didn't seize those properties from their royal families.......
Thus allowing them financial independence.......
We should do same for our traditional rulers......

Valid point

Bravo!!!
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by tonquendo4u(m): 3:47pm On May 02, 2017
lofty900:
stop displaying ur stupidity. He's a first class ruler in Nigeria, presidents will come and go, governors will come and go but he remain until his death. Besides he's against child marriage
Do all traditional rulers in Nigeria earn such?
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by win2kwire: 3:47pm On May 02, 2017
he stole enough cash from CBN, jail him instead of paying him more!
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by isnovic(m): 3:49pm On May 02, 2017
We celebrate not ths substance but his forthrightness.

Rare to see any Nigerian elite share their payslip openly.
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by isnovic(m): 3:51pm On May 02, 2017
We should not celebrate the substance (amount on his payslip) but his forthrightness at least to reveal this part of him.

Rare to see any Nigerian elite share their payslip openly.
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by Biggers82(m): 3:59pm On May 02, 2017
lofty900:
you've never lived in the north so u won't understand the importance of traditional rulers. Where I served in the north, a corper impregnated a hausa girl, it was the seriki intervention that saved the lives of all corpers in that community. If an ordinary local seriki is that important, then what will an emir be?

just tell us that you impregnated a dusty stinking Hausa girl who has VVF
thank your God that they didn't kill you because they for cut off that your penis randy man
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by varmint: 4:02pm On May 02, 2017
Xzbit91:

You can as well ask what the president brings to the table
Hehehehe, he definitely deserves a salary cut but I wouldn't break a sweat to defend a President's salary. He makes the most important decisions relating to governance. If everything goes bad, we hold him accountable.
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by princessayesha(f): 4:05pm On May 02, 2017
lofty900:
stop displaying ur stupidity. He's a first class ruler in Nigeria, presidents will come and go, governors will come and go but he remain until his death. Besides he's against child marriage
!!!
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by uboma(m): 4:06pm On May 02, 2017
For now I do not earn as much as Emir Sanusi does but I pay more tax (PAYE) than him.

What a country!
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by princessayesha(f): 4:07pm On May 02, 2017
Biggers82:

just tell us that you impregnated a dusty stinking Hausa girl who has VVF
thank your God that they didn't kill you because they for cut off that your penis randy man
No. He impregnated your dusty stinking mum who has vvf, HIV, Ebola etc
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by samsard(m): 4:07pm On May 02, 2017
varmint:

watch them beat around the bush and give you a million and one para-reasons but nothing cogent. Such a hefty amount for doing next to nothing.
You guys should stop hyperventilating for goodness sake! How much is 1.2 in global terms? In a sane country with good economic indicators, average people earn close to that amount.
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by varmint: 4:09pm On May 02, 2017
samsard:
You guys should stop hyperventilating for goodness sake! How much is 1.2 in global terms? In a sane country with good economic indicators, average people earn close to that amount.
Compare 1.2 million to the minimum wage and see what you have.
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by samsard(m): 4:11pm On May 02, 2017
varmint:
isn't it weird that some Nigerians think he deserves that salary? look at the people responsible for building the country, start from the lecturers in our tertiary institutions and those that work in research institutes, how much is their salary, how fast are they being paid? how much do they contribute to the development of the country? ask the same questions about the emir and ask yourself, if those guys who have done so much are paid such meagre fees and are not even paid in timely fashion, why is the emir enjoying such undue privileges?
Stop displaying your ignorance, are you saying most UK lecturers/researchers earn more than the Queen of England cos she's a figurehead ruler?
It's called leadership and has its perks.
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by Xzbit91: 4:11pm On May 02, 2017
varmint:

Hehehehe, he definitely deserves a salary cut but I wouldn't break a sweat to defend a President's salary. He makes the most important decisions relating to governance. If everything goes bad, we hold him accountable.

Before the white man came, we practiced monarchy. So I don't know why someone will question our monarchs pay and expect tradition to still be respected in this country.

And its 1.2 m self, I was expecting something hefty. People are still complaining, chikili money.
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by princessayesha(f): 4:17pm On May 02, 2017
I dont know about the south but in the north our emirs are more functional than all the politicians.
And it is out of this pay that people will be coming with their various problems for help. "Av not eaten since monday , i want to get married, i need money to start bussiness, etc.
So those people saying rubbish shoyld shut their stinking poverty striken mouths. Let your fathers sit from morning till night listening to people's problems and settling disputes and lets see how he will cope.
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by discusant: 4:17pm On May 02, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
1.2 million for doing what exactly?

Marrying underage girls to alimajiri or marrying more wives?

And that is salary alone. Chai!

Exactly my thoughts.

And in a City with too many bami allahs - impoverished beggars.

Crude oil money is missing road in Nigeria.
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by ihatesycophant(m): 4:20pm On May 02, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
ordinary elderly person could have done that.

Question what does he do to deserve 1.2 million salary excluding cutbacks, bribes from politician, contracts and other allowances?.

Does he have like a road project or anything that will better the lives of his minions to deserve all these humongous pay checks?
It is good that you pretended not to know the system of our tradition. Are you aware that tens of dogoras (palace guards) are under him? Should they go home empty handed after the month? Cooks, messengers and other palace's staff are there. If you had ever entered a palace before you will know the routine of movement in and out of the palace. I'm not referring to mushroom emir or Oba.
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by abasumike12345: 4:26pm On May 02, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
I said doing what exactly?
What exactly does he do that made him deserve 1.2million salary?

Why reading and understanding hard you like this?
Its not late to pick agbo goes to school to learn comprehension again you know?

Haba! this salary is ok. What about your legislators and some ministers?
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by varmint: 4:30pm On May 02, 2017
samsard:
Stop displaying your ignorance, are you saying most UK lecturers/researchers earn more than the Queen of England cos she's a figurehead ruler?
It's called leadership and has its perks.

I'm done with this argument....next time, I will appreciate more civil words than "stop displaying your ignorance".
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by varmint: 4:31pm On May 02, 2017
Xzbit91:

Before the white man came, we practiced monarchy. So I don't know why someone will question our monarchs pay and expect tradition to still be respected in this country.

And its 1.2 m self, I was expecting something hefty. People are still complaining, chikili money.
Sticking with monarchy and not having to pay the various more than enough politicians we have would have reduced the cost of governance. I hope you get my point
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by Organs(m): 4:32pm On May 02, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
ordinary elderly person could have done that.

Question what does he do to deserve 1.2 million salary excluding cutbacks, bribes from politician, contracts and other allowances?.

Does he have like a road project or anything that will better the lives of his minions to deserve all these humongous pay checks?

MutantMetahuman: You are asking someone to read Eze goes to School, i will also ask you to read SSCE History and study West African Empires, from Ghana Empire, to Songhai Empire to the Kanem Borno Empire, The Kano Empire, the Hausa States, etc, then study about the Benin Kingdom in Edo, The Tiv Dynasty, study about great rulers like The Queen Amina of Zaria, Jaja of Opobo, it will broaden your mind about a people, its history, the significance, the role of all these traditional rulers in the community, the religious institutions and their impact amongst a people viz-a-viz the traditions, customs and its custodians. After all that study, google Sanusi Lamido Sanusi and know and understand (you dont have to accept) that he is way out of your class. To your point though, the Police, society, etc ought to be enlightened on the treatment of people around these traditional leaders. For example, you see Police and palace guards flogging and lashing ordinary people just in a bid to supposedly clear the path for these people to "pass" hmm royal passage etc or the rumour that they have to bury people with Oba of Benin that died, these things has to be stopped and investigated. Conclusively, Oba's, Emirs, Obi's and royal fathers should be respected and paid these salaries to maintain their palace, and a host of retinue of duties but at the same time, if an Oba, emir, Obi should abuse or cause the death of a tomatoes seller on the street, that Oba, Emir etc should be made to pay including prison term.
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by Kumbur(m): 4:36pm On May 02, 2017
Icon79:
Old boy, you're a full time slowpoke!

You said 1.2m naira for doing what exactly? Are you that ignorant or were you just acting??
Do you think that being a traditional ruler USA simple task? Have you ever been in any sort leadership position before?
Do you know how difficult it is to lead people, even as a simple class prefect?

And by the way, what is 1.2m naira self? That's less than $4,000 which most of us makes in2 weeks!

Please next time think before you post and don't just expose your ignorance.

O pari

Baba abeg contact me make I learn from u I go like to make 100 dollars a week I go dy happy abeg call me 08168642477 or email me aondohembamusa@gmail.com
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by mensos544: 4:40pm On May 02, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
I said doing what exactly?
What exactly does he do that made him deserve 1.2million salary?

Why reading and understanding hard you like this?
Its not late to pick agbo goes to school to learn comprehension again you know?

U r stupid, idiot ogogoro drinker like his slowpoke GEJ.
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by OlalekanOlorunf: 5:02pm On May 02, 2017
Thank you for sharing your payslip but our Tax calculator shows that you are not paying the right taxes

Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 02, 2017
5DMindset:
Billyonaire is a username, so is 5Dmindet. Is your question asserting that it is the same person behind both usernames ?

Yes
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 02, 2017
onyenze123:

Yes

If I agree or disagree, I am equally right. When a man grows incrementally in his knowledge of the world, he becomes a greater version of himself. He is a new creature. It is the purpose of all human participation in the matrix. I have chosen to become a selfless and nameless messenger. What is important is the message. I am on this experiment to know if it was the username that made people love me so much or if it was the message. My mission is the message.
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by Bobby808: 5:21pm On May 02, 2017
lofty900:
He is a first chief. Government come and go. He remains, besides, he is against child marriage. You are the beggining and end of foolishness. Those four points are the reasons why he should earn that salary abi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Protest Against Reinstatement Of Sanusi As Emir Of Kano Hits Villa, NASS / Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. / King Mswati Buys 19 Rolls Royce Cars For His 15 Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.