Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) (53793 Views)

Sanusi Lamido Welcomes Baby With His 4th Wife (Photos) / Photos Of The Rolls-Royces In Emir Sanusi’s Garage / Aminu Sanusi Lamido Becomes A Police Officer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by pavy(m): 8:54am On May 03, 2017
savagefinder:
and who told you that traditional rulers are not recognized in our constitution?

Of course our constitution recognizes traditional rulers, but its not the same thing with what you have in the UK or UAE.

Our constitution merely recognizes that traditional rulers exist, but does not ascribe any governmental function(s) to them. Something like an honorary title. Whereas in the UK and UAE, the monarchy forms an integral part of the govt. I.e. their govt will not function or be complete without their monarchs.

I think u can agree with me that the Nigerian govt can run smoothly with or without our monarchs. The influence of monarchs in Nigeria, especially in the North, are more religious than political.
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by Giannakopoulos(f): 9:51am On May 03, 2017
lofty900:
northerners have no regard for police. The word of their leader is final. I've lived in the north.
You can't say that. whether one has regard for police or not,police has been trained to do their job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by savagefinder: 1:27pm On May 03, 2017
pavy:

Of course our constitution recognizes traditional rulers, but its not the same thing with what you have in the UK or UAE.

Our constitution merely recognizes that traditional rulers exist, but does not ascribe any governmental function(s) to them. Something like an honorary title. Whereas in the UK and UAE, the monarchy forms an integral part of the govt. I.e. their govt will not function or be complete without their monarchs.

I think u can agree with me that the Nigerian govt can run smoothly with or without our monarchs. The influence of monarchs in Nigeria, especially in the North, are more religious than political.
lol.. Do you actually think so? Remember that from our colonial days, the traditional heads have been an integral part of our government also.. The only reason why you all want to differentiate the UK and UAE from us is because we are broke and so are our traditional rulers.. What role does the queen play in England? Absolutely nothing, she's just there as the figure head, all those special treatment is because they all speak one language so imagine that we all in this country had one tribe and one traditional ruler. Their role goes more than religion haven't you seen when they are called in to settle inter tribal issues? Is that one religious?
Re: Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) by savagefinder: 1:28pm On May 03, 2017
Giannakopoulos:
You can't say that. whether one has regard for police or not,police has been trained to do their job.
lol.. Stop living in a Wikipedia life.. Enter the real world.. What he said is totally true.. Northerners are never scared of the police

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Elders Bowing for 17-Year-Old Delta-King Chukwuka-Akaeze I / Okenegoro: Sex Slavery In Cross River State (money Wives) Public Eye Episode 5 / King Mswati Buys 19 Rolls Royce Cars For His 15 Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.