Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction - Literature (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction (68279 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2018
“Thank you er…. “
“Madison. Dr. Brad Madison at your service. “ the blond haired man shock Marvel’s hand and turned to leave. “I have already authorized your discharge, so you are free to leave anytime. “ He got to the door, scowled at the seated Mole, then at the two nurses standing before the door in a kind of silent reprimand and walked passed them. The nurses quickly hobbled after him.
Marvel got up from the bed , shook his head in distaste as he looked over the shapeless mass of the pajamas on him. “Anything better available for me to wear?”

“Yes boss, we brought fresh clothes for you. It’s in the car. “ Hardwire replied.
“And my body armor? “
“In the car also. “
“Alright let’s get out of here. “ Marvel headed for the door, feeling the cold white laminated tiled floor of the room under his feet. “Good to be alive right? “ He asked with a short smile as he got to the sitting Mole.
The Mole got up from the chair, raising his plasma rifle and tapping the butt gently. “Na, it’s bad to be alive. “

A fast lift took them down to the ground floor of the hospital. The control showed him that he was on the eighty-seventh floor of the hospital. They were led to a wide foyer as soon as the lift’s door slid apart. The foyer had very few people sitting on comfortable backed benches. There were several booths manned by white uniformed nurses on chairs and tables with data consoles showing holo screens. Transparent plastiglass partitions separating them from the clients they were attending to. Going outside, they came through the exit into a wide entrance spreading both ways and the hospital was a long white building with a red cross image just above of the entrance. A double trees lined road was before them flanked on both sides with wide parking lots for air cars. Hardwire led them to a sleek looking executive black chromed air car.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2018
“This is courtesy of the president, “ Hardwire intoned as he slapped the body of the air car affectionately while he opened the pilot’s door. “We get to travel executive class style. “

The interior of the air car is spacious and built with comfort in mind. It can take six people easily, deigned to mimic the inner looks of a limo. The chairs were made of plush real leather. The Mole took the shotgun side while Marvel was joined at the back by Jade. The car took off with a smooth lift, hovering over the air, as the road, trees and buildings fell below it. An overhead sunlight glints on the transparent bubble. Marvel saw his backpack by the side of the seat, he saw his full body armor neatly folded and already washed. He tore off the pajamas he was on and pulled the full black body armor on. Saw a light blue denim pants, a polycotton gray t-shirt and a shinny neo-leather coat. He pulled them on over his body armor. His special boots and gloves were put alongside the clothes. Rummaging further in the bag, he came up with his M2000 hand gun and the shoulder rig holster. He pulled off the coat, he wore the holster with the gun and put on the coat again.

“Where are the rest of my hardware? “ he asked.
“All stashed in the car’s booth. “ Hardwire replied as he drove the car through the busy air traffic.
“We are back in New London. “ Marvel said after taking a while stare through the canopy bubble looking at the surrounding areas they were flying over.
“Yes. The closest hospital to give you the emergency attention needed at the time we got to you was Ivory hospital here. “ Jade replied as her facial appearance of concern was still on her with each look she throws Marvel’s way.
“So what have I missed in the past two days? “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:29pm On Nov 01, 2018
“Well besides the rushed cover-up stories the earth government has to concoct for the failed attack at the power junction, the boring political hypothetical rhetoric on 3D news? “ Hardwire spoke turning a little to watch Marvel with his side eyes while still plying through the air ways zigzagging daftly through the various flying vehicles. “ Nothing much but a good news. “
“Good news? What good news? “ Marvel turned to look at Jade with surprise.
“We have been able to discover the identity of one of the mega corporations’ spy within the earth government. “ Jade reprised curtly.

“How highly placed? “
“Oh pretty high up. “ Jade shook her head sadly with barely concealed rage spilling out. “Just one of the top senator among the Senate Arms Committee , Senator Nathan Goodwill. “
“Damn, “
“Yes boss, that really sucks. No wonder the mega corporations had the high level security clearance they had been using to circumvent top security set ups and always one step ahead of government agencies. “
“ So Hardwire, how was he tagged? “ Marvel asked him as he stopped his narration.

“If not for the extra heightened security measures in place, we wouldn’t have been able to pinpoint this. “ Hardwire responded. “It was his hidden connection to H.E.L.P Pharmaceutical that exposed him. He has some stocks in that company under a false name. When a report was made that the pharmaceutical company’s compound was broken into, Earthwatch agents were the first people on site to start the investigation. When the report that the item stolen was similar to what they had been told we were all looking for, further investigation was carried out under the radar.

“The Earthwatch Agency has one of the best investigating network I have ever seen. They uncovered his link to H.E.L.P through an anonymous payment deposited to this company through an emergency account, that only came up and vanished from the grid after the payment was made . But traces were left which indicted him. But besides that, payments have been received and made by the senators over some years to accounts and people that don’t exist. Then it was uncovered that high security and encrypted personal calls has been made several times by the senator to places on Nuterra, Iron Belt Cluster and Tau Ceti, all areas that have been flagged as been connected to all that is happening. “
“Good. So has he been taken into custody yet? “ When after some seconds no reply came to him, he turned looking at Jade sitting beside him, inquiring.
“I’m sorry to say, but no. “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:42pm On Nov 01, 2018
“What’s that supposed to mean ? “ Marvel asked almost screaming.
“He is too highly placed, we can’t touch him. The evidence we were able to uncover about him are circumstantial at best, and are not enough to convict someone of his caliber. “ Jade seem to chew hardly on her lower lip as she forcefully spill the words. “The evidence are not full proof, he can deny them. If we present this findings to the Senate Arms Committee, the best result we can get is just a bad PR campaign against him. We don’t even have enough to convincingly prosecute H.E.L.P pharmaceutical, despite that some secondary security footage we got, as the primary ones were all destroyed during the break in which should not be possible considering the level of security they have in place, showed that H.E.L.P was complacent. The person that broke in knew every weakness of the compound’s security and the night of the break in, about seventy percent of their security personnel were not on site. “

“What an effective government you run here on earth . “ Marvel growled bitterly as he turned his face away.
“Marvel we have laws that must be obeyed. Senator Goodwill was smart, he really covered his tracks well. “ Jade said almost pleadingly. “He made sure that even when exposed there won’t be enough evidence to arrest and prosecute him with. “
“So the bastard who was involved in a grand conspiracy to cause serious disaster on earth twice now will go free?” Marvel yelled at her.
“No that’s not it Marvel. General Leyland is with the president trying to see if he can get a way to by pass some of the stringent rules to at least pin something on the senator. But I’m not really hopeful. “

“Hey boss we got an incoming call, it’s Leyland. “ Hardwire said and without waiting for his boss’ permission, he let the call through.
A half meter high 3D green colored holo image of general Leyland appeared in the car between the divide of the driver’s and the back seat.
“Oh Marvel good to see you pulled through. “ After a while when Marvel refused to say anything, the hologram of the general continued. “From your looks I believe you have heard. “
“How very ineffective your earth government is? “ Marvel hissed. “That’s not new. It’s why I pulled out of my military service in the first place. “
“Don’t sell us short son, we have laws that guides us as a society. If government agencies and the executive can flout those laws anytime they feel like, we won’t have an ordered society but anarchy. That is why the rule of law has to be obeyed even when it hurts. “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2018
Woh,so with all this evidence still that senator Godwin will go unpunished......ok maybe for nw bt he will surely make another wrong move nd everything will be history,back to the matter Alpha Project(AP) is still in progress oh,Jeffery nd that other dude are out there oh.....
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2018
Taking a while to tap more some buttons to make the call encrypted, he continued. “Are the laws we live by perfect? No. But it’s the next best thing we have. The criminals we fight against are smart and they will explore and take advantage of every single loop hole in those laws. The only good thing about criminals is that they are survivors, they will do anything to avoid being caught. “
“Innocent lives were been threatened. Hundreds of thousands, millions would have died today if they had succeeded. “ Marvel said his words bitter and biting. “ While you act philosophical and play hide and seek games with these blood suckers. “

“Yes Marvel, that’s why we have you. You did a good job stopping them. “ With a broad smile Leyland quoted. “ ‘ instead of an innocent to surfer, it’s better to let the guilty go free’ or something along that line. I left school several years ago. “
“Yeah right. I need to get off this stink of a mother planet. Is my transportation ready? “
“No Marvel. You just can’t leave just yet. “
“And why not general? “ He was starting to get irritated.
“Because I have another job for you. “
“Not interested. All I want is to leave this heap of garbage of a planet before it drown me in its filth.”

“Oh I’m sure you will love this one. “ the general winked at him.
“What’s it about?” Marvel asked despite himself.
“We want you to sanction Senator Nathan Goodwill with extreme prejudice. Off the books and using unofficial means. “
“Oh, “ was all Marvel could say after the import of the words sank into him. “How did you manage that? “

“It took me hours to convince the president concerning this. I had to let him know the risks involved if such a highly placed spy in the earth government top security decision making body is allowed to go free.” The general twisted his lips before continuing.” We have been lucky so far, but might not be next time. The president’s fear was that if the senate discovers, his political career is over. I told him to let me take the fall if this mission blows. He can hand me over to the Senate Arms Committee, that I went rogue and acted on my own. “
“So you are willing to make yourself a scapegoat for this mission. “
“Yes son. “ the general replied. “But it won’t get to that. I or rather you will have all the available security protection and cover required to finish this. “
“Ok sir, I will take it. Because of the risk involved I’ve bumped up my fee to a five times increase. “
“Accepted. “
“General seems you are on high expense account these days. “ Marvel chuckled.
“The beauty of heading a black ops agency and getting off the book funding. “ the general added a grin of his own. “Coordinate with Hardwire, he already have the necessary preliminary data. Jade you are expected back at hq for immediate debrief, so you won’t be part of this. “ The call ended after that.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 5:17pm On Nov 02, 2018
The bounty hunter is about to hunt.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2018
Bosz after you na still you...u well,well well...I love this new mission....bt Marvel de take risk oh,he jst came out of a near death situation nd yet accepted another mission..ok #operation_capture_senator_Godwin..let's go....
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Nimzzy(m): 2:16pm On Nov 03, 2018
I like how Marvel raises his price every time he's given a new mission!
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Pheezie(m): 5:18pm On Nov 03, 2018
Apollux
I'm a ghost reader on this site but that changed when i saw your story (memoirs of steel and blood)
Bro,that peice is a bomb.
When are you starting "Ghem.... Conticles" (dunno the spelling) ;DApollux
I'm a ghost reader on this site but that changed when i saw your story (memoirs of steel and blood)
Bro,that peice is a bomb.
When are you starting "Ghem.... Conticles" (dunno the spelling)
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2018
to all ghostreader and fans operation executive sanction is a go eye repeat executive sanction is green awaiting Marvel 3hronicles season3
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2018
✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴
Between Normandy and Brittany in the Northwestern Coastlines of what was in the past called The Republic of France, lies the Cotentin . The relief of these coastlines alternates between high cliffs and sandy beaches, the highest cliff being the famous Etretat, North of Normandy. These mixed shorelines carries round and end at the Cotentin Peninsula. All these are bordered on the west by the North sea. Inland through the high cliffs above the Cotentin is the town of Côte Rocheuse.

A very average small French town with those of the more affluent, having wide roads, avenues, beautiful neighborhoods with houses possessing broad spaces between them. It is a town that have managed to forget that time has moved on beyond its small enclave. Most of the architecture of the houses here spoke of the mid to late 21st century designs. But the occasional flying in and out of air cars and flyers shows the effects the modern technologies has had on it, howbeit very little.

A major road passes through the middle of this town, dividing it into two with other connecting smaller ones linking all the neighborhoods, always kept clean with well maintained flowers and trees on both sides. This road goes from the eastern part of the town to the west which ends at the entrance to a wide compound. The biggest in all of Côte Rocheuse, easily three times larger than the compound next to it in size. The house within the broad space of it has a much more modern look to it than the archaic looks of the rest of the place, it stands like an anachronic disruption to the tranquil enduring look of the town. It spoke of a design language that was just five decades old. This was the focus of the interest of some onlookers hidden away in a black colored executive air car hovering about two miles off the coast at several hundred meters above the churning waves below it.

Marvel studied the holo 3D image of the house with keen interest. This house built stack in the middle of a land big enough to encase half an estate is an unofficial property and retreat place of Senator Nathan Goodwill. This has been the site of an ancient castle dating back to the era of emperor Napoleon Bonaparte's conquests between the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. An old stone edifice that spoke of the glories of a long age gone to dust. This castle was given a name, Château de Sable and his stood here as long reminder of the long history of this small town.

The modern centuries had pass it by untouched same as the town, Côte Rocheuse, it existed in. But Nathan Goodwill had procured the castle by another name, pulled down the ancient heritage of this place and set up a private and secluded residence in its stead . Several things were obvious about the house to Marvel as he studied the image supplied by a Linkage accessed by Hardwire through a tight beamed security clearance given to him by Earthwatch Agency. The house was built at the western most part of the high land on which the town was located, close to the edge of a precipice on a steep sloped rugged face cliff dropping down to the rough shore of the North sea. The rugged slop surface is lined up with protruding granite rock whose surface have been smoothen and sharpened by thousands of years salt water hammering on them. The bounty hunter noticed there was no way to approach the building from that side.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:17pm On Nov 05, 2018
Still studying the aerial image, with other sides ones attached to it and the interior architecture of the house, the bounty hunter paid some attention to the security set up of the house. When Senator Goodwill sabotage had been discovered, Earthwatch, discreetly with the support of the president had cut off his security access and clearance to top government secret data base. When the senator had asked about that, Earthwatch had come up with an excuse that there was a momentary breakdown of some of their cyber mainframe housing a lot of the security access codes and protocols.

They were shut down temporarily for repairs and will be up soon. To make that excuse stick, the agents of Earthwatch had randomly cut off the security access of some other senators who are also members of the Senate Arms Committee, giving them the same excuse. But senator Goodwill had been under tight surveillance since then though very discreet one. Either the explanations to the senator might have looked too suspicious to him, considering all that had recently happened or some sixth sense survival instinct warning him, he had dropped out of sight and out of the grid.

The Agency has had the mind of blocking all access of communication from him to any other source. They don’t have to block the connection to his communicating devices but just create identity recognition security program making use of his voice pattern, facial recognition, DNA and cell forms to block any kind of communication from him. Nathan could not be found neither in his office or home or the several places he had been known to frequent. The surveillance team had been previously instructed not to get too close to him which had given him the room to escape their sight.

But there was no way he could really escape from the ever vigilant eyes of the Earthwatch Agency. All his attempts at making calls to his fellow colleagues or to the president, lawyers or any other person, were frustrated by the security identity program made to recognize him and block all his attempt to communicate. It doesn’t matter what type of comm device he tried using or how encrypted or secured it is. The moment he links up to the webnet lines, the recognition program comes up and block his attempts.
When he went off grid, a spy satellite linked to his unique heat signature had picked him up and traced him running to this place probably to hide until he will be able to reached any of his colleagues and prevent any attempts made to arrest him. Marvel smiled recalling that, he is not here to arrest the traitorous senator.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2018
The house was three floors high, in a bowl shape made of duracrete, steel and glass. The top by the northern part has a side platform for the landing of a flyer but is presently empty. By the southern part is a garage, not attached to the house itself but made of a transparent plastiglass canopy under which are packed about half a dozen expensive air cars, two luxurious executive class limos and a pleasure yacht too big to be in the garage, was left out side in the open lawn area. The house was ablaze with lights flooding every where around it, leaving almost no place for darkness or shadow.

Looking at it directly from the distance Marvel is, it shone like a light house on that cliff top in the midst of the night that had descended on that area. Security wise, the compound is barricaded all round by an energy lazer grid fence twelve feet high patrolled at the inner perimeter by armed men. None of whom were the senators official security details, which would have posed a huge challenge to Marvel as he wouldn’t want to hurt men performing their legal duties, but they are privately employed mercenaries by the senator which suited Marvel just fine.

Then the floors of the compound covers several acres which have smart mines buried underneath its well maintained lawns, from the security schematics being studied by Marvel shows three surface-to-air lazer cannons hiding at three underground points around the house proper. There were micro cams on each pole of the energy fence and search-and-attack surveillance drones hovering round the compound with a visual grid covering the whole floor space. No one can get into that place undetected.

Then at the main entrance to the house is an awning before the door hanging over a short colonnades of four wide marble pillars made of semi transparent duraplast. The four pillars hide four mini guns in them that when deployed, the pillar will pull apart and the guns will come into firing positions. Then there are the more than a score armed merc securities around the compound on routine patrol format. These are the primary defense around that house.

Something caught Marvel’s attention and felt odd about the empty platform for landing a flyer. “Hardwire check that platform. Do an x-ray and deep scan of it. “
“Yes boss. “ Hardwire was still on the pilot seat of the air car, with the Mole at the front. Marvel alone had the back all to himself as they had dropped Jade off for her debrief.
The particular part indicated by Marvel replaced the aerial images of the house on the holo display before him in the car. A digital image came up, showing the internal parts of that house. Under the empty platform is a hollow space. And the walls around it hand metal and hydraulic struts built into them which shows that the platform can be pulled aside when there’s need. Using deep scan, a shape similar to the form of a fast hyper-orbital flyer was seen.
“Sneaky bastard, “ Hardwire chuckled. “Boss you are right. “
“I suspect that he will always have a sudden and emergency get away plan which I didn’t see going through all the setup. “ colored lights of the holo displays played over the face of Marvel lighting it up in the dark interior of the car. “That was why that empty landing platform felt odd. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by rockhillz(m): 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2018
Update! Update!!....mehn dis Tory too FUTURISTIC for me oo
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Pheezie(m): 9:29am On Nov 06, 2018
cool I don't get to read this kinda story everyday. Apollux,this is a brilliant something you gat going here. (in Reminisce Voice)Alaye oya fun awa ni update nah.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2018
His combat bag was with him by the seat having pulled it from the booth of the car when they landed to drop off Jade for her appointment. Drawing back the zipper, he reached in and pulled out the biggest item in it, the TEC 5 RPG gun. Setting it aside, he pulled out the second item, the FTL MAC penetrator. His M2000 hand gun was already locked on his chest holster. He lost the NAX Gauge 4 during the fight with Cedric and hasn’t been able to get a replacement. His vibroblade was recovered for him fortunately by the Mole.

Deeper in the bag were the disassembled parts of a NOVA PAR S51 sniper rifle (Particle Assisted Rifle). He ignored it, because he wasn’t going for stealth this time around, so it won't be needed, though it’s a real good weapon. Marvel pulled out several frag, thermite and phosphorus grenades. Clipped them on the hooks of his combat webbing and in pouches attached to it. A bandoleer was next, having ammo for the TEC 5 clipped on the loops. He was going in to take down that traitor and taking a prisoner is not in his agenda. Marvel though never accept jobs that has to do with pure assassination but for Senator Nathan Goodwill, he will make an exception.

“Alright Hardwire take us inland, go beyond the compound’s border land ahead of the road I want to go in through the road. “ Marvel said as he checked the MAC penetrator, he loaded an armor piercing round clip and snapped in a round into the chamber. A round drum clip containing twelve rocket load he fixed on the TEC 5. He wouldn’t need to put on his customary gray long coat as he has no need to cover up his hardware. He is just going in with his full body armor alone. And this time he is carrying a small light back that contains some extras. High Explosive plastiNitrate CpH12, a higher explosive yield than the various types of portable plastic explosive. Then recalling that he saw some vehicles and a flyer in there, he brought along magnetic clamp mini Ex for them.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2018
“Boss we are here. “ Hardwire said after bringing in the air car inland and to the major road of the town, half a mile away from the entrance to the senator’s secret hide out.
“Alright this is what I want you to do, “ Marvel addressed Hardwire as he got ready to move out. “I’m sure you still have the full access security link over the house supplied to you by Earthwatch? “

“Sure thing boss. “Hardwire’s eyes gleamed at the possibility of playing around with a high level combat /military grade security access at his disposal. A shame that Earthwatch will take it all back after this job. “Anything you want, you name it and it’s yours. “
“I want you to put a communication blackout blanket over that house, no call, whatsoever, secured, encrypted or not, goes out or in of that place. “
“Alright. “ tapping on the controls of a portable data console connected to a high link security access portal, he watched as encrypted figures scowled through the holo screen beforehim. With a final tap at a button he said. “Done. “

“Secondly slave all the security and defense set up to your control now, you will be disabling them as I instruct you. Start with all alarms, fire, proximity and break in alarms . Shut down all proximity sensors, leave the micro cams for now till I get within the compound. Time to go. “ Marvel opened the back door and stepped out of the car.
“Will you be needing help this time around? “ The Mole asked from the shotgun side of the front seat, slowing waving his plasma rifle.
“No, I got this. It will be a milk run. “ Looking beyond him to Hardwire that was going through the images on the holo screen, he ordered. “Test comm and be sure your communication blanket on that compound doesn’t affect my dedicated line to you. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:31pm On Nov 06, 2018
He ran into the night as soon as Hardwire acknowledged. The air was thick with humidity as it had showered slightly earlier that night. The tarmac road still retained little of the rapidly drying water. The road leading to the entrance of his target were brightly lit with lights on both sides, despite the trees lining the them. He moved away from the road to the lawn by the right side, his boots digging deep into the soft soil, treading the grasses and stepping on water poodles that have gathered on the uneven parts of the ground. His movement was quick aiming for the gate, the sky overhead was dark with multitudes of clouds streaming at fast paces obscuring stars with their passing.

The moon was not up tonight, so Marvel will need extra enhancement to see through the darkness of poor light. As the brightly lit road cast deep shadows of the trees by them to the sides away from the road. He already anticipated this, so he came along with HD starlight glasses that he pulled over his eyes. The glasses drew the surrounding lights to create a view that was as clear as late evening.

The bounty hunter was already hearing the low hum of the lazer grid energy fence surrounding the compound long before he got to the eastern perimeter of the fence. It drowned the tiny other sounds of small night creatures chirping all the while he was trekking to this place. Soon he was standing before the amber colored energy barrier of the fence twelve feet from top to bottom crisscrossed with zigzag patterns of red lazer light. There was no way the senator can power this energy fence with the power generated for this town. Energy alone consumed by this fence is equivalent to what a town five times the size of this one will use. So there is a possibility that the house generates its own power. He will keep that tiny detail in mind.

Taping the comm link on his ear, Marvel asked. “Hardwire I’m somewhere at the eastern part of the fence, can you locate me? “ When he got a positive response, gave out an instruction. “ Hack in to the security system for the fence and create an entrance for me. “
Just then part of the energy grid fence divided between two poles and Marvel ran into the compound his penetrator up and seeking for targets. Just then, the breach on the energy fence closed behind him. His HD Starlite glasses took on a new display superimposed on the night sight .

As he stepped away from the energy fence his boots crunched on the well keep low lawn that seem to cover every inch of the acres around except the few places where cobblestones were used to pave roads or the small spaces occupied by the few trees planted around. The night sight over his eyes started pinpointing parts of the lawn before him in red. He knew what that meant. Those are places rigged with pressure sensors which are placed over explosive smart antipersonnel mines.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Pheezie(m): 12:22pm On Nov 07, 2018
Nice Update Apollux. More Ink To Ya Pen.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2018
“Hardwire are you seeing the view from my glasses?” Getting an affirmation, he continued. “Deactivate the pressure sensors and the mines. I intent making a run to the house, so plot me a course that will keep me clear of the patrolling security till I get close to the house. Then blind me to those hovering surveillance drones and the micro spy cams all over this place. “

Having said that Marvel double timed, taking quick dash of running speed across the landscape. The areas painted red on his glasses turned green as Hardwire deactivated the pressure sensors but the areas where the surface to air lazer cannons were buried he avoided. The surroundings were almost bare without any cover except some few trees with wide spaces between them to serve as effective concealment against prying eyes. Hopefully Marvel’s combat black body armor will provide him the cover he needs from human eyes that will be observing from long distances.

With the direction Hardwire l has plotted for him, the chances of him stumbling on an armed patrolling guard are slim. Just then Marvel got within few yards of the house without any incident, by the left hand side he saw the garage outside the house. Between the space of the garage and the compound, further backwards is a guard shack that Marvel knew houses the security surveillance control area. If any alarm will be raised, that will be the first area it will be coming from. Well that is not Marvel’s objective now he will deal with it later.

“Are the mini guns on those colonnades before the house entrance deactivated? “
“Sure boss. “ Hardwire replied.
Marvel got to the wall of the house, he already know where the pillars on which the whole structures of the building rest having spent time to go through the simulated building plans while still in the car. He went down on one knee, dropped the bag he wrought with him, putting aside the rifle for now, he pulled out the HE PlastiNitrate explosives, attached it to a wall of the house where a pillar is located. He attached the explosive with a plastic adhesive. That done, he picked up the bag and his rifle, ran to the next pillar point. He intends to bring down the building right on the senator’s head.
He was almost through planting an explosive on the fifth pillar when the micro comm unit in his ear crackled. “Boss you got two heat signatures heading your way. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:48pm On Nov 08, 2018
“Acknowledged, “ Marvel replied and hastened his work. After planting the explosive, he activated it, linked with an electronic signal slaved to the detonator with him and also to Hardwire’s data console just incase he is unable to detonate the bombs here, Hardwire can do that remotely from where he is. The combat bag was much lighter now, having loosed must of its weight. Marvel hanged it around him making sure the TEC 5,was free for quick draw and won’t be barred by the bag getting in the way. Picking up his penetrator rifle, he headed the way the two security were coming from.
His sudden appearance will give him the advantage of surprise for a few seconds. His safety was off and the gun was on semiauto blast settings.

He waited for them at a blind edge of the house so the security mercs won’t see him ahead of time. With a quick move Marvel jumped out of hiding into the patrolling path of them. Both took the sudden appearance of Marvel differently. One of them was of average height, holding what appeared to he a snub nosed double barreled rifle. His head was bald and the bright light around gleamed on his pate. His face was surrounded by a black beard and mustache. His reaction to the sudden appearance was one of shock as his step froze for a second.

Marvel’s rifle already had him in sight with a slight push of his trigger finger, the penetrator spat armor piercing bullet. They struck him at his center mass , tearing apart the common torso armor he had on, blowing through the chest, lungs and bones then blasting them out behind him. He was knocked off his feet backwards by the force of the three bullet smacking him. The sound of the gun fire was loud in the quiet night. But Marvel didn’t want to get bothered by that now, he moved quickly to face the second man.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:57pm On Nov 08, 2018
He was of a taller height, with a headgear affixed with two goggles that might have been night vision type but was pulled to the top of his head. His chins were bare of any hair except a well crafted mustache on his upper lip. His lazer rifle was on a sling hung by his shoulder across by the left to dangle at the other side. His reaction to the sudden appearance was to quickly reach for the rifle by his side. But Marvel was fast as he fired, too fast.

As the merc turned his head downwards to locate his rifle, the first bullet directed at him missed his head just by a few millimeters. But the penetrator’s setting was in semi-auto, so as long as Marvel continued to squeeze the trigger, bullets will continue to blow out of the gun’s muzzle. The next bullets hit the target. The next one struck the top of his forehead as it drilled a clean hole from it to the back of the skull’s top taking away the head cover with it. The next bullet hit smack center on the clean cut mustache, creating a jagged hole the crushed all his upper gum, scattering the teeth, then blowing blood, bones and brain tissues out of the back of the head. He did a sudden body roll that threw him down on the floor.

Marvel didn’t wait to check his downed foes, he knew nobody can survive a head shot like that, his attention was focused on the guard shack he had noticed while getting in. The gun sounds had definitely been heard around the compound, the nearest coordinated defense will be coming from that place. And if they take the time to go through their security monitors and not seeing the source of the shooting, they may begin suspect that something external had taken over their surveillance system.

Marvel raced to the guard house and was just in time to notice some one coming out of the door, rifle posed to fire, taking careful look around. His mouth was moving as if speaking to someone. He came out of the door of the guard post and another armed man followed him, his gun raised to cover the first one. Marvel dropped the penetrator as it dangled on the string bringing up the TEC 5. It was already loaded and ready to fire.

Marvel targeted the shack at extreme range and pulled the trigger. With a low puff sound, a rocket round shot out of the RPG gun’s muzzle and flashed to the target. The first security merc out of the shack must has seen something as he dove to the ground his mouth shaped in form off a shout. What ever he might have been saying seem to have been lost to his colleague, as he was still trying to seen what he was warned against when the rocket hit the shack and exploded.

The shack shattered under the blast of a fireball that knocked the standing guard off his feet and flung him like a rag doll. What ever structure the shack must has been built with disinterested under the impact of the rocket, and the spot was burning furiously spewing dark smoke into the night sky.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:11pm On Nov 08, 2018
The first security guard staggered up to his feet, he was obviously reeling under the shock of the blast and sound wave of the near explosion, the other one was definitely dead. Marvel didn’t have the time to raise the penetrator to take him out, so he lifted the TEC 5 instead. Well an overkill is better than been shot at. The muzzle pointed at the staggering man, Marvel pulled the trigger. The rocked hit the guard dead center and exploded. The target was literarily blown to pieces of bits of fleshy parts with showers of red blood rains.

Running quickly, Marvel faced his left part at this point, looking at the open garage with the exotic cars. Anyway stealth wasn’t how he planned doing this job, he came in here prepared for a full time blitz and seeing he has already started with the guard shack, why stop there. Taking a look at those cars, they definitely had cost the senator more than a fortune to acquire, he really will be pained by their loss. What the hell, Marvel thought grimly, he was here to bring down the house anyway, he might as well continue blowing things up.

Giving himself enough safe distance, he brought the TEC 5 into target acquisition of the garage. He still has ten rockets left in this clip, more than enough for what he has in mind for those vehicles. His first target was the pleasure yacht. With a touch of his index on the trigger, the rocket projectile hit the yacht dead center, blowing through the light armor covering on it and exploding inside it. The yacht appeared like it was ripped apart from the middle by a gigantic arm of exploding flames.

His next target were the two exotic limos. Two rocket warheads ploughed into them and they blew up one after the other. Their metallic body shredded from their chassis and the antigravity rings beneath them tossed far away. Marvel was about to adjust his aim for the other air cars when the destroyed pleasure yacht blew up again.

The fusion cells must have been heated up by the increase in temperature caused by the fire and it got critical. The new explosion dwarfed all other three before it as long tongues of flames shot up into the night sky blowing through the plastiglass canopy, tearing it apart and the rest melting from the heat. The other cars started to explode one after the other, as the limos’ fusion cells exploded too engulfing the packed cars in roaring flames , the heat in turn ignited their fusion cell as well. Marvel stood awhile as he watched the fire work display of brilliant fireball shooting out on all sides with brightness dwarfing the lights surrounding the compound.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:13pm On Nov 08, 2018
Yeah this is Marvel back in his element, doing what he knows how to do best. I want to end this story by at least giving us a closing action package... MARVEL STYLE. grin
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by rockhillz(m): 6:33pm On Nov 08, 2018
Still readin "EXECUTIVE SANCTION"....I wonder how "FIRST CONTACT" will be
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Pheezie(m): 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2018
Apollux:
Yeah this is Marvel back in his element, doing what he knows how to do best. I want to end this story by at least giving us a closing action package... MARVEL STYLE. grin
Apollux,thanks for the update.
I dey feel you.
Abeg mention mhe when next you update oo.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:44pm On Nov 09, 2018
He pulled his mind from admiring his handiwork as he realized that the perimeter patrolling guards will be coming this way and out here there’s hardly any cover, the best place for a defensive stand is in the house. Heading that way he got in contact with Hardwire, requesting that the points where each body signatures of the mercs guarding the house are shown on his glasses as thumbnails.
“Where’s Goodwill? “
“He is still in the house but his body signature shows him moving up. “ Hardwire responded after tapping on some keys.

“Damn he is about to make a run for it. “ Marvel huffed as he spoke while running. “See if you can jam the control of that landing platform so it won’t open when he plans taking the flyer out. “
“I can’t do that boss, “ Hardwire’s voice came on the ear piece. “The control to that platform is an isolated one and can only be activated in that flyer, so I can hack it. “
Marvel cursed under his breath. “Alright, lock every door leading to the place the flyer is kept. Make sure you box him in on every side. “

Marvel didn’t pay attention to Hardwire’s acknowledged reply as he was already before the entrance to the house. His TEC 5 was still cradled in his hand and it still had seven rockets loaded in it as the exploding fusion cells on the cars had made him use less rockets than he planned using before. Well the more the merrier. He locked target on the door and pulled back on the TEC 5’s trigger. The rocket headed on target passing under the awning and between the marble colonnade pillars, then hit the door. As the rocket exploded, pieces of real wood, metal and duracrete blew out.

Another rocket followed, blasting the awning and the marble pillars apart and destroying the mini guns hidden within them. Low burning flames scattered at the new entrance to the house were still spewing thick smoke when Marvel dashed through it but dove down quickly and rolled to the left. Rapid fire pelted the damaged walls surrounding the destroyed door, blackened by the burning fire and smoke, where Marvel would have been standing had he not dove out of the way.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:52pm On Nov 09, 2018
He already saw the heat signatures of three men in the building before charging in that was why he diverted his move away from a straight forward rush. The door opened into a wide sitting room with three wide settee, ivory colored around an oval shaped table with beautifully crafted legs. There were three doors leading into the sitting room with three big glass chandeliers with lights within them hanging over the high ceiling. The settee has been overturned and made into temporary makeshift coverings and the three shooters were hiding behind them.

Marvel’s sudden move surprised them and they quickly adjusted their aims turning their rifles to the place Marvel landed in. Surprising enough the guns all fired bullets and not lazer. Marvel was already off his landing posture and running when the bullets hammered behind him. The shooters were not close to each other which would have made using the TEC 5 to take them out easier. Well why not, he has more than enough ammo loaded to take them out. Still running, he turned the rocket gun on one of the shooters who when he saw what was pointed at him, jumped up from he cover to flee.

Too late though as the rocket was launched and slammed into the cover he was on, blowing it apart and flinging him with a roll that shoved him and knocked him heavily against the dense duracrete wall behind him. Marvel changed his direction, dropped to the ground and rolled the opposite way he had come from. His dropping moved him away from the part of the oncoming fire from the other two left. Their shots went over his head and back. He lifted the TEC 5 as he forward rolled releasing another rocket at the second shooter.

He didn’t have the time to flee like his other colleague instead was still shooting when the rocket blew through the settee exploding and ripping him in half by the waist. His two legs were torn apart from his shredded torso. Blood and entrails mixed with the fire of the explosion. The third shooter was already up and running for the door behind him when another rocket from the TEC 5 trailed him. The rocket hit the right girder of the door at the head height level. The explosion was like the sun exploding on his face. His head blew apart like a balloon puncture with a needle. Skull bones, gray matter and blood were thrown away from the jagged stump of the neck. The moving body jerked to a stopped as if it hit a solid wall then fell to the floor.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 6:01pm On Nov 09, 2018
Running ahead Marvel choose the left door to go in through but stopped after just a step in. He already saw heat signatures of guards running towards the entrance of the house on his glasses, so he wanted to be prepared for them. He has just two rockets left in the present clip of the TEC 5, so he dropped it hanging while filling his hand with the penetrator. Checking the tiny digital readout on the gun shows him the clip is still about eighty percent full, so that will still carry him for what he has in mind.

He hid himself behind the edge of the door and was studying the heat signatures as they approached the damaged entrance. Just then low crouching sounds came from the door as feet stepped on the debris scattered on the tilled floor. Marvel turned quickly his gun poking out the door’s edge first. With a quick peek Marvel counted about half a dozen armed mercs entering the door, looking around with surprises on their faces. One of them was tapping vigorously on the comm headgear with him but his squeeze his face into a grimace showing the frustration that his messages were not getting through.

Marvel held fast to the rifle as he pulled the trigger. The gun’s setting was on full auto. The bullets blew two of the mercs backwards knocking them against the wall before others could realize what was happening. But their professionalism took over and the rest dispersed, dropping to the floor to escape the flying bullets that had taken out two of them.

The firing mechanism on the penetrator clicked to an empty chamber as the clip ran dry. The sound was awfully loud after the noise produced by the quick gun fire. The mercs couldn’t return fire because the auto fire from Marvel got them pinned and lying prone flat on the floor. But as the gun ran dry, they quickly guessed what has happened and were getting up preparing to return fire. Marvel wasn’t taken unaware by the suddenness of his gun going dry, he two hands were already on his combat webbing pulling out frag grenades, he tossed them over by the door and with the same move ejected the spent clip, searching for a fresh one before the grenades went off.

Sudden yell of fear and surprised followed after the two explosive eggs landed as the mercs realized what just dropped before them. The two grenades exploded almost at once. The closest merc was blasted over his legs leaving the floor while others got bathed with lethal dosages of hot shrapnel slicing through flesh, bones and armored covering. Marvel already has the new clip loaded on his primary weapon muzzle up as he stepped cautiously out of his cover to see the effects of the grenades blasts. One body was thrown out the door heavily bleeding unmoving, with a certain death pose.

Two had punctured lacerations on their heads, one has his skull completely sliced open and the other had his neck cut open and twisted at an ungodly angle, both are dead. The last one was twisting with pains on the ground, an arm and leg cut cleanly through. Marvel raised his rifle, centered on the head and gave him a single shot of mercy to take him out of his misery.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2018
Too many damages by Mr Marvel....after that action,that place will be like a war zone,nice work Bro
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by bigbauer(m): 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2018
just so you know, i am still following this story, i may not comment as often as i want, but i read each update, almost as soon as it drops.

Meanwhile, check my signature.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply)

Strings And Webs / As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.