Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction - Literature (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction (68441 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:46pm On Sep 27, 2018
“We are members of the Earthwatch agency on an investigation. “ Jade produced her badge which the man didn’t pay attention to. “ We are hoping you can help us with our inquiries, which will be greatly appreciated. “
“ Hey little man, you think you know how to handle that thing? “ the fat man turned his face away from Jade to the Mole who was holding his plasma rifle at an ease stance.

“Pretty much the way you handle the weak girls I’m sure are tied up for you to ride each day. “ as Mole replied swallowing his anger he know if this was in Nuterra, that bumbling fool won’t live past seconds after that insult.
The man’s face turned red with anger but the sight of the plasma gun held him in place. All he did was raised his hand waving it. In response about a dozen people stepped out of the inner crevices all armed with guns. Some of the weapons were old and antiques , some as far back as the AK 2120. The new comers were all on old clothes, having rents on them with old boots. With this, the man built up new confidence. He faced Jade again, bending, he brought his face close to the agent’s face, his mouth just inches from hers. His mouth reeked of spoilt stim beer.

“ Call me Oxmer, so once again what do you want here? “ he asked .
“We want to know about the recent tenants in this place and a new air van that was brought in here some hours ago.” Jade replied unflinching.
Oxmer laughed loudly, his bulging stomach flipping up and down as the sound ringed round the enclose subtunnel. “You think you can flash that badge here and we will all be scared and do what you want? Not even earth police or metropol of New London comes here that much. “

With his index finger he poked at the shoulder of Jade punctuating each word. “You have no authority here. No business of yours exist here and asking about any one who comes and goes here is none of your concern. So coming here just made you cross you boundaries and you won’t be going back. “

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2018
This Oxmer of a Guy is Rude,let the Marvel kick his Small Ass please
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by rockhillz(m): 9:00pm On Sep 28, 2018
Damibiz:
This Oxmer of a Guy is Rude,let the Marvel kick his Small Ass please

I jus day pity the guy.,,,MOLE go jus turn am to barbeque

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2018
Abi.....bt wait oh,did Hardwire follow them to Earth or he went with the cyborg ?
rockhillz:

I jus day pity the guy.,,,MOLE go jus turn am to barbeque
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 6:59am On Oct 01, 2018
Lol.... He is around somewhere. The setting is just too hot for him.
Updates coming soon. We are coming to the end of part 2.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 8:02am On Oct 01, 2018
In a move too quick for the victim to notice, Jade’s arm shot out, her palm striking the offensive hand and grabbing it at the wrist. Jade know well her nerve points attack methods. She moved her fingers deftly with combination of repeated pinches until she located the nerve point she was looking for , pressing it back inside, she squeeze the wrist again, pressing the two pointed wrist bones to trapp the nerves between them. Oxmer opened his mouth wide, eyes squeezed shut in utmost agony but he couldn’t scream.

“The is what I called the wrist choke hold, wouldn’t bother to give you the proper technical term which will be above your head anyway. “ Jade spoke conversationally as she stared into the pain wrinkled face. “What I just did is hold on to one of the pain receptor nerve endings on your wrist, use the bones there to clamp on it which will give you the highest kind of pain your wrist can produce. More painful than when your wrist is chopped off. Oh and incase you are wondering why you can’t shout, the specific nerve is connected to the muscles of the vocal cords in you throat. So my holding it kind of paralyzes them and render them inoperable. So no matter how you want to, you won’t be able to scream. “

It took a while for those surrounding them to notice that something was amiss. They swung into action though as soon as they became aware, removing safeties from their weapons and preparing to fire. But the Mole’s gun responded first. Three blast from the plasma rifle hit three of the attackers and they were burnt to crisp while still standing and their charcoaled bodies dropped to the ground. Those that were close to them got second degree plasma burns which made them to drop their weapons and scramble for safety. As the others tried to go for hiding in other to shoot from covers.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 8:06am On Oct 01, 2018
“Any of you as much as blinks, your leader’s head will be served to you on a platter for your breakfast. “ Jade already has her handle katana out with the blade pressed light on the neck of the gang leader. His face was still squeezed as Jade’s other hand still held his wrist.
Some of those who tried disobeying got blown away by the combined fires from the Mole and Marvel. Those still living threw down their guns and ran into hiding.

“Come now pretty boy, my friend has some things to ask you. “ Marvel came after holstering his guns, grabbing Oxmer by his throat and dragging him further into the subway pointing at the Mole that was coming behind him. Marvel knows that the Mole is much more better than he is at interrogation.
While the Mole was doing his business, Marvel moved to the newly fixed door taking a little time to scan it carefully. “This door is booby trapped to explode upon opening. “ He said quickly to Jade who was coming to join him. He slapped an adhesive at the door and fixed a thermite grenade on it before he walked quickly away.

He was just far enough away when the grenade flashed brightly and the lock holding the door in place melted. As the door swung open, the hidden explosive on the door exploded, blowing out the door and any one who would have been standing there. Marvel and those with him were safely far away from the explosion area. As the smoke and fire from it cleared, Marvel walked down to the door, his NAX gauge in his hand. Getting to the open entrance, stepping over the dying fires and hot debris, he looked in. What he noticed is that the place was hastily set up as a room to be used for a short time. He noticed a makeshift rest room. But his interest was on the benches and several discarded weapon crates, all empty. The number of crates he is seeing contains weapons for a lot more than seven people can use. Quickly Marvel jumped out of the room heading to where the Mole was still interrogating their prisoner. The gang leader had the look of fear in his eyes as the Mole was close to him speaking in low tones with the vibroblade in his hand humming quietly.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 8:11am On Oct 01, 2018
“Where are the seven people that used to be in that place? “ Marvel asked him pointing in the direction of the blown door as Jade came closer.
“Oh, they weren’t seven people. “ was what the gang leader replied him.
“What do you mean they weren’t seven? “ Marvel asked afraid that their Intel might have been wrong.
“Well they were seven men plus the boss man. “
Something still didn’t line up with what he observed in that room. “That place doesn’t look like what eight people used. “

“Well about that, em, the boss man wanted me to get him some local boys for a job he had planned. “ The gang leader said, gaining a little confidence as the Mole was no longer interrogating him. “So I got some of the boys around here for him. “
“How many did you get for him? “
“About fifty of them. “
Fifty plus men scattered around the planet in hiding can do so much damage before they can be contained. Looking around, Marvel noticed he wasn’t the only one worried.

“When did they leave? “ Marvel asked again.
“Dunno, maybe during the night. “
“And who is this boss man that was the eight person ?”
“Hey man, I don’t know and I didn’t ask, ok. “ he replied Marvel raising his hands defensively. “He looks dangerous enough, even with my crew, all armed and covering me, I was still scared shitless of him. I’ve learnt, it’s more healthy for you if you don’t ask too much questions. “

Turning to Jade and the Mole Marvel said, “This is getting us no where, except letting us know the threat has increased. I’m particularly worried about that eight man, the leader that our Intel didn’t point out. Who might he be? “
Jade was about to reply when her wrist comm unit buzzed. As she flicked it on, a man’s face with the Earthwatch uniform spoke up. “Agent Jade, we are getting multiple targets. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 8:19am On Oct 01, 2018
The Earthwatch agency has been on high alert since the Intel had gotten to them. Vigilant watch via satellites, spy drones and micro cams has been on with facial recognition programs running through them that when ever any of the person on the watch list is sighted, an alarm is raised. General Leyland had made available some of the space marine, to beef up the muscles of the agency and be available for call in an emergency.

“Tell me what you have. “ Jade said as she exchanged another worried look with Marvel.
“We had a magnorail station bombing and attack in Amsterdam. With some terrorist tactics suicidal shootings. Though local police force are engaging the about a dozen armed men who carried out the attack. Marine backups are en route to curb the violence.
“There is an air car attack at two different ultra Malls in Sydney but that had quickly been pull down. The marine are much closer to that one. Two of the seven targets has been accounted for. Both are deceased. “
“Ok copy that agent Daw. “

“That’s not all, presently we have a hostage situation in Zurich, Switzerland. On a sky rise office building. About five thousand civilians are in that building. Most of the security guards on duty has been killed and the building taken over by a group of ten men. All on suicide bomb vests. From a spy drone visual pick up, we were able to identify two of the targets among those holding the hostages.
“ Then in Geneva, there has been gun fire attacks at the European hq of the Global police with several casualties. The attacks had started as a gun fire with six armed men, led by two of out of the targets. They had used rifles and grenades to break through the entrance. But the other police officers on duties had stalled them by returning fire. Well when the attackers discovered they could go no further, they had activated the suicide bomb vests they had on. The explosion took out most of the ground floor of the buildings. Death toll so far on that is above a hundred.

“At the moment four out of the seven targets are confirmed dead. Two are leading the hostage situation in Switzerland and one is behind the magnorail bombing in Amsterdam. “
“We will be headed to Switzerland right away. “ Marvel spoke up before Jade could say anything.
“Alright sir, “ the agent said as he dropped the call.
“Why Switzerland Marvel? “ Jade asked.
“Because the main target our Intel indicated is in Switzerland. And an attack took place in Geneva. I’d like to really check that out personally. “
“Alright. “ Jade said as they head for their car, leaving the gang leader trembling. “So far the Intel has been good but far from being perfect. We had no idea there was another person involved. So the Intel may not be totally correct. What if it is wrong about what the main target is? “

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 9:37am On Oct 01, 2018
What an Update on independence day...nice work bro nd happy independent to all our Able Readerz..,
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 02, 2018
Pls Apollux What Happened Between Marvel And Jade In Za Oda Room? Reply Pls.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2018
bossboy91:
Pls Apollux What Happened Between Marvel And Jade In Za Oda Room? Reply Pls.
is not anything that your eyes hear you will type...
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2018
Cylovee:
is not anything that your eyes hear you will type...
1. My eyes can't hear, my ears do.
2. Are you Apollux? BOY mind your business.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:18am On Oct 03, 2018
Marvel couldn’t come up with an answer for that, the thought of it filled his mind all the way to Switzerland. The sights through the air car canopy blurred as they zoomed through the air at dangerous speed with Jade piloting confidently. She was on constant comm link with the agents on ground at those trouble spots. At a time, Marvel saw the image of general Leyland come on the screen but he didn’t pay attention to what they were talking about, as his mind was occupied with thoughts.

Within minutes the icy peaks of the Alps mountains became visible. At the altitude they were flying, the air was thin and cold but the atmosphere control within the air car kept it warm. Soon as they crossed the mountain peaks, the car descended for the Canton of Zurich. There was an air traffic restriction around the city leading to their target. Air Traffic Patrol officers created an artificial barricade, screening incoming and outgoing vehicles. Jade’s air car pass through the barricades without much hindrance as their Earthwatch cover granted them easy passage. Marvel could see the all black uniforms of the Global Security police and the black on electron blue of the Metro police of Europe.

Getting to the heart of Zurich, they encountered more of police barricades and they were always stopped, questioned and allowed to go. Soon they came for a landing in a defense line of armored police air cars and vans, while still above them air vans and cars were flying round with ready sharpshooters. Jade got out of the car, leading Marvel and the Mole to a group of plain clothes officers that looked like the leaders here. The defense line of cars and vans were created some distance away from a tall building gleaming with glass and ferrocrete. As Marvel looked up at the height, a particular level was burning furiously with heavy smoke spewing out. Jade was talking to a man with a clean shaved mustache who the badge on the breast pocket shows a name that says Capt. Sawyer.
“What have we got captain? “ Jade asked after the initial introductions were over.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:26am On Oct 03, 2018
“A standard hostage situation. We have ten, I mean nine armed men with suicide vests on them. “ Captain Sawyer said his voice sounding strained. “With X-ray and heat sensor, we have seen that the attackers took over the control area of the building. Most of the hostages are locked in the various rooms they were when the attack started. And each of the attacker is in the midst of some of the hostages, so any attempt at rescue will force them to detonate the suicide vest and taking all the hostages with him. “

“I noticed you mentioned ten then nine attackers. Why is that so? “ Jade asked him.
“That. “ the metro police captain pointed with his jaw at the floor with the fire burning. “We attempted a rescue earlier, but one of the criminals blew himself up, took out a huge chuck of the building and several hostages too. That’s why we haven’t attempted any other thing yet. “
Jade touched her wrist comm pulling up a floor plan on the holo display from it, scrolling through it as Marvel and the Mole watched at it too from behind. Facing the captain again, Jade asked.

“From this building plan, there seems to be an access tunnel linked to a maintainance channel, air recycling vent and sewage system. Why haven’t you attempted that? “
“Oh we did but the place is heavily booby trapped with smart mini guns and mines. Had to pull my men back when the death toll was rising too fast. “ Captain Sawyer said a bit miffed as Jade’s questions tend to make them look incompetent . “ We didn’t come prepared with the right equipment to handle such. But I already called the tech division, they can take care of stuff like this and they are on their way. “

“Sir, I’d recommend you tell your men to back off to the perimeter you have created. “ Marvel said. “We will attempt infiltrating that place and we don’t want your boys interfering. “
“All yours Mr… “ the captain said with a mocked bow.
“Don’t worry about my name. “ Marvel replied heading back to their packed air car.
Spooks, I should have known. Captain Sawyer thought angrily. They always want to show off as high and mighty larger than life. Let’s see if they are bullets and explosive proof. He snickered finally.

As the trunk of the air car was lifted, Marvel pulled out his combat bag, brought out a new spherical spy drone, that was made after his other one was destroyed. He left the rifle in there as he closed the trunk again. Hand guns were what he felt will be better suited to handle this. Turning to Jade he asked her to lead them to the entrance of the access tunnel. As they headed there, Marvel activated his comm unit and was in instant communications with Hardwire. Hardwire had come down to earth with them but had gone with the general to Sydney, Earthwatch hq. He was to join those at the sensors and communications department.

“Hardwire are you setup and prepped for the mission? “
“Yes boss, I’m hooked up to as much resources as Earthwatch can allow me have access to on earth here. “ Hardwire replied.
“Hope you have eyes on our initial target? “
“Yop. Geneva has been real quiet after the attacks on the Global police Euro hq failed and was foiled. “
“Anything odd at all at the senate building? “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:31am On Oct 03, 2018
“Na, it’s all quiet over there. The plenary session has began. That place is heavily secured and locked up tight. A fifteen minutes total evacuation system is in place incase of sudden attacks. There’s an air restriction of five kilometers on all areas around the building. An orbital defense satellite is hovering over that spot to shoot down both air and space targets. Air tanks and gun boats are patrolling every area and for several city blocks in every direction from the building, uniform officers are patrolling on the ground, restricting movements and questioning everyone. They are backed up by armored and armed police air cars. So that place is sealed tight. “

“Alright. Still keep your eyes peeled over there. “ Marvel knew that report should have relaxed his mind but he still find that he was not satisfied. They might be missing something. “ I’m activating my spy drone now and I want you to be linked to it. Create a self contained program you can work with so that Earthwatch doesn’t compromise our security after we finished working with them. Ask ADA to do that. “
“Ah a slight problem with that boss. ADA refused to leave the Max Neo and come down to earth with us. “
“Why will she do that? “ Marvel was surprised, that was unlike ADA. “What did she say is the problem? “
“Nothing. She refused to say anything. Boss, if I’m to hazard a guess, I’d say she is sulking. “
“ ‘Sulking? ‘, ADA can’t sulk, she is a program. “
Hardwire chuckled. “Maybe she has learned a couple of human attitudes. “

Marvel know he doesn’t have time for this now. He will look into it properly when they return back to Nuterra. “Ok, Hardwire like I said link up with my spy drone we are about entering some booby traps. “
Before the entrance to the access tunnel, they were stopped by some global security police officers. They stepped back when Jade flashed her badge at them. A hovering armored air car that was coming closer to investigate the new comers, was called back.
“I’d have to warn you ma’am, that tunnel is booby trapped. “ One of them said to Jade. “ We lost some good men in there and we haven’t been able to get them out. “
“Don’t worry, we’ll be careful. “ was her response.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:36am On Oct 03, 2018
Marvel was studying the holo display from his wrist comm, viewing the images his spy drone, which had gone ahead of them into the tunnel was sending. They stopped at the entrance of the tunnel though watching as the bounty hunter continued to study the images. The visual feed back from the drone showed a part of the duracrete made tunnel with scorch marks, bodies and body parts of people in police uniform strewn on the ground. Some of the bodies showed signs of explosive burns while others had holes on them that definitely came from impacts of high velocity projectiles. Some parts of the floor were broken apart. Marvel guessed that should have been the place the mine that exploded was planted. The spy drone picked up a lazer targeting ruby light searching it out. It was affixed to a mini gat gun on a tripod stand. The lazer light ran over the hovering metallic ball and passed it as the new drone was made with the camouflage material used on the Max Neo.

“Hardwire are you getting the readings? “ Marvel spoke into the comm unit.
“Yes boss. “
“Tell use what we have. “
“Both the mines and gun has the same control set up. “ was what Marvel heard on the audio pick up in his ear. “It is not an automatic programmed trap, but a remote controlled one that uses Electronic Radio Frequency short wave. It has an alarm system that when triggered, the person who set up the traps activates it remotely and they go active. “
“How do I get pass them? “
“You don’t. The person who set up the trap can activate it any time, so you really can’t. “

“Stop stalling Hardwire, we don’t have time for this. “ Marvel growled.
“Fret none boss, I got the solution. “ Hardwire tried to get off his cocky attitude. “I can effectively block the ERF wave, which will make the traps useless by remote control but they might have built a safe guard into them that can cause them to explode any time the radio frequency is cut off. “
“Hardwire that doesn’t sound like a solution. “

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:43am On Oct 03, 2018
“Yea I know that is why I will be doing this. I will hack into the wave cut it off from the source then hook it up to your drone. Then bounced it from your drone to the trap. So your drone will be in the middle, no remote command from the source will reach the traps. Yet the radio frequency will still be on at both end, those who set the trap won’t notice anything amiss and the traps won't automatically go off. “
“Do it. “
“Already done boss, you can go ahead without fear. “

Marvel pulled out his NAX gauge hand gun and went through the entrance, followed by Jade and the Mole. The police officers guarding the place shook their heads in pity and a little worried about their safety.
After getting through the booby traps in entering the ground floor of the building, Marvel had asked them to split so they can cover more ground quickly. He gave them the directions where each of the targets were. He told the Mole to hang back his plasma rife. The rifle is an indiscriminate weapon and can endanger the hostages also. Marvel headed to the third floor where there were four of the targets holding down some hostages. Getting to a wide corridor, he slowed down because the holo display showed the heat signature of a target.

“Hardwire, hope you remembered these guys have on them suicide bomb vests? “
“Yes boss. It works on the same radio frequency wave like that used on the booby traps. Each of the bomb vests has a trigger with the wearer. But there appears to be a single signal trigger that is linked to all the bombs and can blow them all up at once. The one with that control is on the path you are headed. “
“We can’t take them out with that link still active. “
“ I can block the electronic signal that links the suicide vest bombs to each trigger and also the overall linkage. “
“Alright Hardwire go ahead. “
“One problem though boss, you have to be fast. Once I block the signal, and it's discovered they may have a way to manually set off the bombs. “

“Leave that to me. Just block the signal. “
“Done. “
Marvel jumped out of from hiding, his gun lifting. A man armed with a lazer rifle, with a clothing that looks awkwardly bulky was standing guard before a door. He started as he saw Marvel and quickly reached for his rifle but Marvel was faster. The NAX gauge shot one single energy bolt, which hit the gun man at the forehead, drilling through to pass out the back. No blood or tissue parts spilt out as the energy bolt cauterized the wound. Marvel ran ahead to catch the dead man so that his fall won’t create a noise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 5:50pm On Oct 03, 2018
This my Nigga Hardwire is very very Resourceful.......nice work dude,without you Marvel would nt have pull that job..
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 6:12pm On Oct 03, 2018
Lol, anyone noticed ADA has started acting up like an offended gf grin
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Olatoman(m): 6:34pm On Oct 03, 2018
Apollux:

Don't mind her, she's sulking, which is actually very funny I must say.
Later she will refuse direct orders of Marvel it seems.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
Lol......ADA want marvel to sample her pkinkus na.'.........Robot way get feeling
Apollux:
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 10:02am On Oct 04, 2018
ADA is one hell of a robot. Are the corporate worlds somehow technologically advanced compared to Earth?
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2018
tunjilomo:
ADA is one hell of a robot. Are the corporate worlds somehow technologically advanced compared to Earth?
No, they are the same. Earth controls the military and politics. They allow a quasi kind of self governance for the colonies which the earth government watches closely through their agents in the Colonial Security & Control (CSC) and Earthwatch Agency.

And BTW ADA is not actually a robot but an advanced virtual assistant. A program with an integrated Artificial Intelligence algorithm. In Marvel world, robots doesn't exist....at least not yet.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:02pm On Oct 05, 2018
Pulling the dead body out of the way, Marvel left it there on the corridor as there was no time to hide it properly. He tried the door’s handle and noticed that it moved. He opened it a little and left it that way and stepped to the other side of the door waiting. A voice from inside asked a question harshly. As there was no reply, a hand grabbed the door that was ajar rudely pushing it open, a head poked out to see what was happening. Marvel’s gun was already pointed and the trigger pulled back. The muzzle of the gun was pointing directly at the noise of the looker when it fired.

A large round hole suddenly appeared at the middle of the face cut by the energy beam. The looker dropped down heavily already dead. Marvel jumbled over the body quickly entering in through the door. With seconds to spare, Marvel took the images of everything in the room at once . A group of people, more than a hundred of them were made to sit on the ground, huddled among each other. The room was a wide office with desks, tables and data consoles, which has all been pushed to one side to accommodate the large crowd. Already some bodies were dead on the floor, shot at the back of the head at close range.

One gun man looked up in surprise as Marvel came in suddenly, he lifted his gun but Marvel fired first. He targeted his head because he doesn’t want to hit his torso, as the bulging clothes on him showed he was wearing a bomb vest. The shot was true, taking the gun man at the head and dropping him. There were screams of fear, shock and surprise from the gathered hostages. Marvel brought his gun down and looking at the faces of the hostages. They were both men and women, young and old, all grief and panicked looking. Despite Marvel’s obvious rescue attempt, they still looked scared.

“Alright everyone, don’t be afraid, I’m with the police, help has arrived . “ Marvel said using a tone he felt sounded both reassuring and inspiring confidence. “If you don’t mind, you can all go out in an orderly fashion. “
He stepped out of the way as the hostages looked at him in fear, then confusion and uncertainty. But as soon as one of them took the courage to head towards the door, others followed, each throwing a worried glance the bounty hunter’s way.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:08pm On Oct 05, 2018
Another door that seem to lead to the rest room opened and someone standing there looked out in shock as he lifted the rifle on a sling by his shoulder. Marvel knew it was too late to shoot the new comer. So he dove at him, grabbing the muzzle of the rifle and lifting it up so the shots will hit the roof harmlessly. The rifle started shooting out bolts after bolts of lazer fire, but they all went wild as Marvel tackled the shooter. The slow move of the hostages outside turned to a blind panic race through the door.

Marvel hammered the shooter with his fist sharply to the jaw while he pulled the gun out of the shooter’s hand. The gun man fell back staggering and pulled out a knife. Marvel rushed at him, blocking the hand with the knife and giving out another punch to the man’s face. Lips split and he spat out blood. With a scream of rage, he dove at Marvel again with his knife. Lifting his hand, the knife hit Marvel at his fore arm. The gun man pulled back a bit with a confused look on his face. He looked at the knife in his hand and at Marvel’s arm where the knife has cut. He cut see the clothes slashed but no sign of any injury on Marvel. Marvel grabbed the knife hand and with a savage twist sprain the wrist and the knife dropped to the floor.

The gun man staggered backwards, pulled something that looked like a control. With a wild look and blood splitting from his mouth, he pressed a switch on the control. He was surprised when nothing happened.
“That won’t do you any good. “ Marvel told him. “You better surrender and tell us where your boss is. “
After several attempts at activating the bomb failed the gun man turned to Marvel with a look of triumph on his face.
“You have failed and we have won. Getting you here was our victory. “ Was all he said as he pulled out the control again and started punching other buttons. Marvel quickly suspected what’s about to happen, he ran out of the wide room, by this time thankfully none of the hostages were still around. In about five seconds he heard a loud explosion that shook the whole floor. As the noise cleared, with the fire and smoke dying, Marvel got up and it hit him all at once. How could he have been so blind to being sidetracked like this. In his desire to end this, he missed the most important part of all this puzzle.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2018
He punched his comm unit to general relay and spoke into it. “Hear me, we have been suckered. Get out of here fast and meet me outside. “
Jade was thinking fast that she might have missed a part of Marvel’s direction to her when she heard the unmistakable whine of an energy gun powering up accompanied by a harsh voice.
“ Hey bitch, how the hell did you get away from the group? “ Jade felt a cold metal jabbed the small of her back. “Now turn slowly with your hands raised where I can see them. “

Jade complied with her hands raised above her head and the hand gun she was holding in it.
“What tha’ hell, you are armed? “ The speaker had a ski mask covering his face, only his eyes were showing. “You are definitely not a hostage. Maybe you police guys have found a way in through our booby traps. Well I will remedy that now. “
That was when Jade moved. She threw the hand gun on her hand at the face of the man and dove down. The man flinched instinctively and fired. The lazer bolts went high as Jade went down. She lashed out with her leg hitting the attacker’s feet and clearing them from the floor. The attacker landed heavily on the ground. Jade followed with a puma punch, hitting him on the jaw with the heel of her palm.

Yanking the lazer rifle from him and throwing it far from him left her slightly open for a few seconds which the man took advantage of. He punched her on the chest, following with double kick from his feet as Jade staggered from the impact of the blow. Jade rolled backwards with the force of the kick but the man came in hard at her, swinging blows which Jade evaded with quick movement. She was stalling him so he doesn’t remember to trigger the control of the bomb vest he had on. He was physically stronger and more heavier than she is and a bit knowledgeable with hand to hand combat.

He rushed her again with a powerful round horse blow which Jade evaded by ducking under the swing and punching upwards savagely with a severe upper cut the knocked the man’s face backwards. He roared in anger, reaching his hand to his boot, he pulled out something that looked like a huge combat knife. It is made of none reflecting neo polymer alloy, black edges sharp enough to compete with a vibroblade for keenness. Jade didn’t even have enough time to fully analyze the new weapon when he started swinging.

Jade deed her best to rolled out of the paths of the cutting blade. But the man was good at wielding the knife, that he shifted it from his right hand to left without slowing down in his attacks. With most of the dodges that Jade made it left her open for punches. Jade was able to counter as much of them as possible.
“Hey common bitch, you feel like a turkey yet? “ the man jabbed at her. “I’m feeling particularly lucky just now. Make it easy and I’d work fast on you like a first rate chef. “

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:22pm On Oct 05, 2018
“No thanks, you ape. “ Here Jade reached behind her and pulled out the handle of her sword. With a little flick of a button, the katana’s blade shot out of the handle. “Besides mine is longer than yours. “
She twirl her sword with perfect ease and dexterity, that the eyes through the ski mask looked out in fear. Jade attacked, her sword was like a maelstrom too hard to evade. With just two strikes, the knife fell from his hands, as the short cuts started to bleed.

“You failed bitch, I always had an ace up my sleeve. “ speaking his hand went for what Jade suspected must be the manual switch for the bomb vest.
Moving in a blur of motion, Jade’s blade swing at the wrist of the arm, the hand was severed and dropped on the ground with a wet thud. The man howled in pain as he held the bloody stump with he other hand, while it was pouring out blood. He staggered and his knees crashed to the ground. He tried using the other hand to pulled out the switch and with another swing of Jade’s sword, the second hand dropped to the floor. This time the scream of pain was loud as the man shook both bloody stumps uncontrollably.

Jade came in slow behind the kneeling man as he wheezed in pain and whispered. “Now you will act like a good boy, take me to the rest of your guys, I have special treatment for them too. “
“Bleep you bitch. You will die horribly, die screaming. Bleep you a million times. “ The man manage to spew out despite his pains.
“Sorry dude, you ain’t my type. I got something better. “ Gently lifting his jaw with the edge of the katana, Jade ordered. “Alright slow poke, you have a place to take me to. “

The man walked slowly leading her up a flight of stairs to a wide door that looked like the entrance to a floor of the building. The man just pushed at the door and it open slightly. With the quick peek Jade could see two men armed with lazer rifles, having ski masks over their faces and the bulge on them show they are having bomb vests too. While scattered before them were multitude of scared and openly weeping hostages as far as Jade could see.
“What tha’ Bleep happened to your hand man? “ One of the other armed man asked.

The reply he got was Jade bursting out behind his colleague with quick move, swing the sword and his head was severed from his body. The headless body stood still for a second then hit the ground from the separated member. There were sudden screams of fear and scrambling from the hostages. Jade’s attention was on the second man, who cursed as he tried bringing the gun to fire on Jade. It was late because Jade’s katana was already on the air from a throw. The blade hit him on the forehead and sank in. The body twitching fell to the ground, his trigger finger still outside the guard so the gun was not fired . Most of the hostages rushed out the door being propelled by fear, the crowd hit the handless gunman, trampled him beneath rushing feet. All he could do was struggle weakly as the stumps of his arms wavered weakly as he was crushed to death under hundreds of running feet.
Just then a loud explosion sounded somewhere in the building. Jade moved suddenly hoping none of the others had failed. She was clawing her way through the panicked crowd of the fleeing hostages when the audio comm unit in her ear clicked to life and she heard Marvel’s desperate message.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2018
This dude Marvel have plenty enemies for sure,tor let's see how he dance his way out of dis them
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:03pm On Oct 08, 2018
The Mole had the longest distance to cover and while going he had seen two locked doors where hostages were kept. He had brought out his vibroblade, with swift work has used it to cut off the soft metal of the key. Opening the doors he had seen the hostages hurdled together with fears on their faces as they saw him. He whispered calm words to them and directed them out of the place they were holed up to get to working lifts that will get them out. The Mole has already opened a fifth door holding hostages, when he realized that these gunmen had to lock up most of the hostages since they are short on man power to watch all of them.

As the hostages stream out of the fifth door he opened, a gunman suddenly stumbled on them with a shock on his face. He had lifted up the ski mask on his face in other to breath easily . He cursed and brought his gun to fire but the Mole who had been anticipating something like this beat him to it. His handgun was out and with a single well placed shot, he took the gunman out. The shot hitting him dead center on the forehead and knocking him off his feet. The body was twitching on death throes when the Mole got to him.

The Mole was cutting the key of the sixth door when a gunman coming from the other end stumble on him. It happened to quick for the Mole to do much of anything and the angle he came from was an awkward one for him to be able to throw the vibroblade. He dove at him instead but went low as the gunman fired. The lazer bolts went over him as he tackled the shooter on impact. They both crashed to the ground. If the gunman had underestimated the Mole because of his size, he was quickly corrected as the Mole knocked the gun from his hand jabbing a nerve point with his elbow. The gunman’s arm froze from the shock of the nerve punch and his arms opened involuntarily dropping the gun.
The Mole swing the top of his head viciously, as the metallic dome crashed on the exposed face of the gunman. The man stood up, his nose crushed as blood poured out profusely from the nasal holes and torn lips. His blonde colored beard were soaking up the red liquid. He wiped his mouth with the back of his left hand while his right pulled out a combat black.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:08pm On Oct 08, 2018
“Damn you furkin’ midget, I’m going to make you bleed in return. “ the gunman said as he took a fighting stance twirling the knife like a pro fighter.
The Mole stood casually shaking his head sadly at the gunman. The fool doesn’t know that the Pit was a place where knife fights were the norm. And the Mole is among the best knife fighter in the Pit. This fool ignorantly wants to commit suicide by starting a knife fight with the him. The gunman charged at him wielding his knife but the Mole simply sidestepped him, thrusting his hand up, grabbed the head, turned it around and buried the edge of the vibroblade into his eye all in a single move.

As he pulled out the vibroblade a thin line of blood shot out from the punctured eye. The gunman staggered trying to stop the flow of blood by covering his face with both hands. It failed as the blood continued to pour. Walking calmly to the staggering man, the Mole just took the bloodied vibroblade, touched it lightly at the neck of the gunman, the blade whined lowly and instantly it sliced through most of the neck. As blood, neck muscles and organs were sliced, the body dropped pouring out pints of blood from the severed neck.

The sixth door was already opened and the hostages pouring out and the more sensitive ones among them were throwing up at the sight of the sliced throat of the dead body when the Mole heard the explosion. Shortly after that his comm unit came alive with Marvel’s message.
They met Marvel already at the air car urging them to come quickly. As the air car went into the air Marvel was already on the comm line with both general Leyland and Hardwire. After the call was made, the Mole turned to Marvel.
“You sounded too frantic, what’s up? “
“All these attacks were just smoke screens. Like our Intel indicated, the senate building is still the main target. “ Marvel replied.
“But all indicators from the senate building are that things are quiet. Security have been tight and no unusual event is happening there. “ Jade said as the concentrated on her driving, trying to avoid other vehicles on the busy air traffic.
“That’s what is bothering me. The most obvious target is the senate plenary session going on. “ Marvel looked out the air car canopy. “Things are just too quiet over there for my liking

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 9:04pm On Oct 08, 2018
Marvel is Right,things are jst too quite there...the senate oh God

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (36) (Reply)

As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller / Strings And Webs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.