Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (3953 Views)

Credible Store To Buy Consumer Electronics Online / Window 8 Consumer's Preview / Home Appliances/ Electronics And Other Repair Notes. Diy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Phony200(m): 2:05am On Jan 08, 2010
Samsung’s 14-inch Transparent OLED Laptop

Samsung deems the notebook's display the world's first and largest transparent OLED prototype, and is supposedly 40-percent transparent when the device is turned off (the industry average right now seems to be 25-percent).

When turned on however, the laptop's display looks like something yanked straight out of a science-fiction movie. The prototype displays a working, viewable desktop. Items placed behind the display--whether its a book, a piece of paper, or a hand--can be seen through the display. On a personal level, that would get annoying real quick, but the overall idea is still really cool.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/OLED-Laptop-Transparrent-Samsung-CES,9381.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPY7WYBtq8w&feature=related

p.s Sorry I don't know how to embed youtube videos

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Phony200(m): 2:45am On Jan 08, 2010
MyFord Touch in-car communications system

Ford dropped a major, industry-disrupting bomb on Thursday with the announcement of the MyFord Touch in-car communications system, which completely revamps your car’s dashboard by replacing the familiar speedometer, gas, battery and mileage dials with an 8-inch interactive display.

Paired with the company’s previously-announced Sync device-to-car communications system, Touch offers a GUI, TUI (T for “touch”) and VUI (V for “voice”) to turn your vehicle into an Internet-connected smart car.

The next-generation of Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles will get an operating system, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, USB and SD card ports, two LCD touchscreens, touch-sensitive buttons, MapQuest turn-by-turn directions, support for Pandora and Twitter, app stores, an SDK and a direct feed into the cloud

http://blogs.zdnet.com/gadgetreviews/?p=10862

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Phony200(m): 2:59am On Jan 08, 2010
Samsung 0.3" UNC9000 LED HDTV.

Samsung on Wednesday revealed its flagship UNC9000 LED HDTV, just 0.3-inches thick, or about the width of a No. 2 pencil.
The company is pairing the television set with a multimedia-friendly, color touchscreen Wi-Fi RF remote with QWERTY keyboard that can actually display broadcast TV content live for you to watch. As for the TV, it’s officially the thinnest production model yet announced. How does it manage such thinness? By cramming all the electronics inside the pedestal stand, which can also be converted to a wall-mount bracket. The display panel itself uses edge-lit LED backlighting and local dimming, and is not just 3D compatible, but offers real-time 2D to 3D upconversion. It’s got a 240GHz refresh rate and is, naturally, Internet-ready with widgets and apps.

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by victorazy(m): 11:53am On Jan 08, 2010
I watched about the stuffs
3D TVs
Nigerian leaders should see how the world is growing in technology and they are in House fighting because of money rada than investing here
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by 1forall: 12:54pm On Jan 08, 2010
New technology is always cool cool
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by MUNEER2(m): 12:58pm On Jan 08, 2010
Hilarious cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by shilohboy(m): 1:53pm On Jan 08, 2010
Really cool gadgets here. Big ups! phony!
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:46pm On Jan 08, 2010
the tv is cool, although no children homes adviseable

that laptop screen is crap abeg. why would i want to see behind my screen, besides its distracting and wont be clear
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Mobinga: 2:55pm On Jan 08, 2010
is that laptop transparent, i don die
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by DoubleN(m): 3:19pm On Jan 08, 2010
I though this thread would never come up.Been watching the highlights of the show on cnet www.cnettv.cnet.com and iv seen some really crazy gadgets. Nice one Phony!! grin grin
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 08, 2010
Amazing stuff.

I was looking at some gadgets yesterday and saw the above.

Amazing!
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 08, 2010
4llerbuntu:

that laptop screen is crap abeg. why would i want to see behind my screen, besides its distracting and wont be clear

offtopic

na so. . .we had to put the lcd on the wall because my son was turning it to a blackboard for his crayons
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by flyuche(m): 5:11pm On Jan 08, 2010
oyb:

offtopic

na so. . .we had to put the lcd on the wall because my son was turning it to a blackboard for his crayons
i no fit laugh
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by nich(m): 5:35pm On Jan 08, 2010
shocked whaaaaaaaaao! cool three gbosa for technology jo! tongue
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by alanbolo(m): 5:58pm On Jan 08, 2010
oyb:

smiley smiley smiley

Your son deserved 2 be encouraged, he may be developing CUI "Crayon User interface" Technology.   smiley
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by nich(m): 6:05pm On Jan 08, 2010
alanbolo:

smiley smiley smiley

Your son deserved 2 be encouraged, he may be developing CUI "Crayon User interface" Technology. smiley

nice one there! 'guess that wouldnt be a bad investment for the nursery school system.

see monie: ching! cheesy
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by lynxnoon(m): 6:07pm On Jan 08, 2010
oyb:

offtopic
LWKMD grin grin grin. . . . . lol
i tink u shd find smtin for ur son to fiddle with, u neva can tel what "michealangelo" skills lie within wink wink
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by EmperorOlu: 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2010
For more stuff go to www.gizmodo.com grin
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by EmperorOlu: 7:13pm On Jan 08, 2010
4llerbuntu:

You took the words right out of my mouth.The laptop idea is a no brainer.
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by EmperorOlu: 7:32pm On Jan 08, 2010
Now how is this for technology?

Haier's Completely Wireless TV Hands On: No Cables For Video, or Power

Wireless power has gone from lab prototype to working product in a little over 18 months, and Haier stuck MIT's WiTricity into a TV along with WHDI wireless video for complete wirelessness. Complete. Wireless. Ness.

Sure, there's a big power unit on the wall, radiating (totally harmless) RF into the back of the TV, which has a coil inside to receive the juice. It only delivers full strength if it's parallel, so you have to plan ahead and somehow setup the TV in front of the wall that has the power module. Because of all the hocus pocus, the TV itself is a chunkster, and that power transmitter is no slim jim either.

Still, the idea is a good one, and the promise—as both MIT and Intel work their asses off getting wireless power up to snuff—is real.

WHDI is a lot further along in development. Wireless HDMI isn't exactly household, but the tech is now supported by basically all of the biggest CE companies except Panasonic. I'm not going to buy this Haier TV—it might not even be for sale this year—but it's a concrete sign of what's to come.

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by omafones: 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2010
and we in the third world are either sending the small money we have to Switzerland or trying to develop nuclear weapons,
See wetin oyibo dey take dem own winch take do!!!!
and we blame oyibo for all our problems,
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by omega25red(m): 7:52pm On Jan 08, 2010
good stuff im waiting for G4tv to show everything on cable
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Phony200(m): 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2010
[size=14pt]DAY TWO[/size]

Sprint Overdrive 3G/4G wireless hotspot

The Overdrive is manufactured by Sierra Wireless and key features include a LCD that provides important information such as battery life and internet connection status, as well as an easy-to-use web interface for customizing settings. Overdrive 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot also includes built-in GPS capability (on 3G), MicroSD slot for up to 16 GB memory cards creating shared storage with up to five connected devices, and an extended Wi-Fi range of up to 150 feet. The Overdrive is 3.14 inches (h) x 3.14 inches (w) x 0.61 inch (d) and weighs in at 4.51 ounces. The connection hit 29.7 mbs, with a top-end speed of 34mbs during testing.

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Phony200(m): 8:53pm On Jan 08, 2010
MSI 10-inch Android tablet

MSI has a 10-inch Android tablet on display at CES here. There aren't many details (like price, release date and internals), but we do know it's running one of those new Tegra 2 chips. Up front there's a pretty nice 10-inch capacitive display, which is plenty responsive. Like other tablets we've been seeing, the device is a bit thicker and heavier than we'd like, but hopefully that paves the way for some substantial battery life. We might still not know the "why," but the "how" is certainly coming together.

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Phony200(m): 8:56pm On Jan 08, 2010
MSI 10-inch Android tablet

MSI has a 10-inch Android tablet on display at CES here. There aren't many details (like price, release date and internals), but we do know it's running one of those new Tegra 2 chips. Up front there's a pretty nice 10-inch capacitive display, which is plenty responsive. Like other tablets we've been seeing, the device is a bit thicker and heavier than we'd like, but hopefully that paves the way for some substantial battery life. We might still not know the "why," but the "how" is certainly coming together.

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Phony200(m): 9:05pm On Jan 08, 2010
ICD Vega Android 2.0 Tablet

The Mobile Internet Device category (or MID) has been slow to take off, but ICD Vega may be the catalyst for the MID revolution. Powered by Google’s Android 2.0 Eclair operating system and Nvidia’s Tegra 2 platform, the ICD Vega isn’t just a Web tablet, it has the chops to be a multimedia powerhouse.

This slick 15.6-inch machine can handle 1080p video and output content to a big screen via HDMI (or stream media wirelessly to DLNA-supported HDTVs). A microSD card slot, 32GB of SSD storage, 512MB of RAM, 1.3-MP camera, 3G, GPS, FM radio, and your choice of a resistive or capacitive screen round out the feature set.

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Phony200(m): 9:10pm On Jan 08, 2010
ICD Vega 15-inch Android 2.0 tablet

The Mobile Internet Device category (or MID) has been slow to take off, but ICD Vega may be the catalyst for the MID revolution. Powered by Google’s Android 2.0 Eclair operating system and Nvidia’s Tegra 2 platform, the ICD Vega isn’t just a Web tablet, it has the chops to be a multimedia powerhouse.

This slick 15.6-inch machine can handle 1080p video and output content to a big screen via HDMI (or stream media wirelessly to DLNA-supported HDTVs). A microSD card slot, 32GB of SSD storage, 512MB of RAM, 1.3-MP camera, 3G, GPS, FM radio, and your choice of a resistive or capacitive screen round out the feature set.

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Phony200(m): 9:15pm On Jan 08, 2010
Ion iType

iTYPE is a comfortable, familiar computer keyboard for use with iPhone. This first-of-its-kind battery-powered peripheral transforms the handheld device from a touch-screen mobile phone into an ultra-portable computer. iTYPE features a standard QWERTY keyboard layout with full-sized keys and the complete functionality of a desktop keyboard.

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Phony200(m): 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2010
ICD Vega 15-inch Android 2.0 tablet

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Phony200(m): 9:35pm On Jan 08, 2010
Pls moderator, I have some issues with disappearing posts. I thought it was my connection till i checked my latest posts. Pls modify and correct as appropriate. Thanks.

Nokia Supreme

The new Nokia SUPREME is now encrusted with 12.5 cts of pink diamonds and includes 1225 individually set sparkling gems — all of which feature a 3ct single cut flawless center diamond. A magnificent piece of tech uniquely designed to get the eye, Nokia SUPREME also comes with solid hallmarked platinum handmade veneers that features 8 platinum screws and has navigation buttons covered in 83 grams of platinum. The cherry on the icing is the 3ct single cut flawless diamond as navigation button. All this oomph is plastered on solid hallmarked platinum. This blushing Nokia Supreme will be shipped in a granite chest with leather interiors. Stuart Hughes have added a £99,995 price tag to this blinged out Nokia SUPREME and have promised to only build it in a limited edition of only three units.

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Phony200(m): 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2010
ICD Vega Android 2.0 Tablet

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Created A Wifi Hotspot For My Itel Phone With Command Prompt / Get An Internal And External Hard Drive Memories Of Laptop And Desktop / Changing Of System Language From German To English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.