Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (3960 Views)

Credible Store To Buy Consumer Electronics Online / Window 8 Consumer's Preview / Home Appliances/ Electronics And Other Repair Notes. Diy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Phony200(m): 9:54pm On Jan 08, 2010
Lenovo IdeaPad U1 Hybrid laptop

Here is a new Lenovo product on the market, it is an innovative notebook called IdeaPad U1 Hybrid. The innovative part of the laptop is that the multi-touch display can be used as a normal and single tablet computer. Pretty cool, right?  Priced at $999, the notebook can undock its screen to act independently as a multi-touch device. Once the screen is pulled from the base, it runs in hybrid-Skylight mode, running off the Snapdragon processor with a 16GB solid-state drive.

The Lenovo IdeaPad U1 Hybrid has a 11.6-inch screen and runs Windows 7 Home Premium. In the inside you can find an Intel Cre 2 Duo SU processor, 4GB of memory RAM, and up to 160GB on the SSD - Solid State Drive. The graphics part is powered by an Intel GMA, and other goodies include a 4-in-1 media card reader, a 1.3-megapixel camera, and an eSATA port as well as HDMI and VGA outputs.

Expect it to become available on the 1st of June.

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by CarlosVent(m): 10:15pm On Jan 08, 2010
dis is good
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Phony200(m): 11:23pm On Jan 08, 2010
ASUS' NX90 Bang & Olufsen ICEpower Notebook

This 10.5-lb monster with super high-end speakers and polished aluminum case drew gasps from the crowd for its look. Designed by award-winning B&O Chief Designer David Lewis, the NX90 has massive speakers on both sides of the 18.4-inch screen. Asus says the dual touchpads allow users to interact with the system in a DJ-like fashion. We'll have to see if this shows up at the nightclub on Friday night, Add Comment
spinning dance hits. At $2,499, it's not cheap.

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by kosovo(m): 7:08am On Jan 09, 2010
Sonys 3D AMOLED DIsplay at the CES-2010

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by kosovo(m): 7:09am On Jan 09, 2010
After spending 20 minutes playing Wipeout in 3D at Sony's CES 2010 booth, I'm officially a believer in gaming in the third dimension. It was only after I was made aware of the fine print did I become grounded in reality. But before we get into the gory details about what you'll need to get this working, let's discuss how it played.

Sony had a few games playable in 3D including Super Stardust HD, Avatar, and Wipeout. The experience playing Wipeout in 3D is truly immersive, with layered graphics giving you a surreal sensation of being in the cockpit of a futuristic racing ship. The HUD (heads-up-display) felt almost touchable, and its subtle shake was very realistic.
(Credit: Jeff Bakalar/CNET)

If you've played Wipeout, you're aware of the game's high-speed action and weaponry. In two dimensions it's probably enough to give you a headache, but zipping around in 3D was surprisingly quite tolerable.

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by kosovo(m): 7:12am On Jan 09, 2010
Sony show 24.5 inch 3D AMOLED at CES-2010

Sony is showing new 3D AMOLED prototypes at the CES-2010. The display does have 24.5 inch and is 3D ready, and a really amazing picture quality and contrast. Sony says this is only a prototype there are no release date price or anything.

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by kosovo(m): 7:16am On Jan 09, 2010
CES 2010: Sony Introduces dash App Device

This afternoon Sony held their regular Consumer Electronics Show press conference, which occurs every year at their larger than life exhibition space within the Las Vegas Convention Center. Per usual, the conference had plenty of new additions to the company's core product series, including updates to their Bravia displays, Cyber-Shot series and more, but this year also included a brand new product type, the Sony dash. The dash is a brand new product for accessing web-based content in the home without utilizing a full computer system. Instead, it packs specially tailored web content such as Twitter, video streams, and more into a small, alarm-clock device that you can position anywhere in your home Wi-Fi network.

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by kosovo(m): 7:22am On Jan 09, 2010
sony shows bravia lx900 FULL 3D TV, Releasing summer,

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by kosovo(m): 7:26am On Jan 09, 2010
World’s first OLED-TV, Sony XEL-1

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by kosovo(m): 7:32am On Jan 09, 2010
“We intend to take the lead in 3-D,” [/i]Stringer said.[i] “Sony is the only company fully immersed in every link of the 3-D value chain.”

The major product announced was Sony’s first commercial 3-D TV series, the Bravia LX900 (below). Ranging from 22 to 60 inches, the 3-D TVs incorporate a frame sequential display, active-shutter glasses and Sony’s high frame-rate technology to produce high-definition 3-D images.

Sony claims its 240-Hz frame-rate technology reduces the mixing of images of 3-D content assigned to the left and right eyes. The company also says its Bravia Engine 3 digital-video processing technology uses enhanced algorithms to reduce noise, enhance image detail and optimize contrast so scenes look sharp and lifelike.

Read More http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/01/sony-flaunts-3d-tvs-taylor-swift-to-regain-its-cool/#ixzz0c85xAXoq

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by kosovo(m): 7:33am On Jan 09, 2010
n addition to showing off the 3-D TVs, Sony announced the company was the official sponsor of 3-D video for ESPN — so when 3-D TVs actually ship, Sony will be providing the 3-D technology for sports events televised on the channel. Sony also said it was partnering with Discovery and IMAX to create a new 3-D channel.

Dashing all hopes of Wired ever calling Sony cool again, the company announced a high-definition pocket camcorder dubbed the Bloggie (right).

“Yes, you heard me right — Bloggie,” said Brennan Mullin, Sony Electronics’ senior vice president of the personal imaging and audio business, to a snickering audience.

Sporting a pistol-grip design, the Bloggie shoots 1920-by-1080 MP4 video and 5-megapixel still photos. The camera is called Bloggie because it includes software to share your content on social media sites including YouTube, Dailymotion and Photobucket (but not Blogger, ironically). Shipping today, the Bloggie starts at $170.

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by eyoniggar(m): 9:29am On Jan 09, 2010
The aliens have been secretly feeding part of this world with technological abilities.

Are you Africans dulling?"
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Phony200(m): 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2010
Entourage eDge

The dual-screen Entourage eDge is aimed squarely at the education market, and the company’s deal with textbook makers like McGraw-Hill underscores its emphasis on students. Due out in February, the $490 eDge has a clamshell design (that can flip to be used as a book or as tablet) and dual displays, a 9.7-inch E-Ink and a 10.1-inch LCD.

The LCD side runs Android software, customized with applications for annotations and sharing content, and it comes with a stylus for the tablet LCD side (but you can navigate the tablet side with your fingers, too-just push a little extra hard because of the touch screen overlay).

As far as specs go, the eDge weighs about 2.75lbs, measures 8. by 10.75 by 1 inches (while closed), and contains 4GB of internal memory (3GB of which is accessible to the user, though an SD card slot and two USB ports lets you expand) and supports 802.11b/g Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, with 3G wireless Internet access via modem planned for the future. Audio in/out comes by way of a 3.5mm headphone jack and microphone jack, though the eDge also has an internal mic and speakers.

eyoniggar:

The aliens have been secretly feeding part of this world with technological abilities.

Are you Africans dulling?"

grin grin grin Kosovo isn't!

Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Mobinga: 1:41pm On Jan 09, 2010
^^^ smiley hehe. Check out the dell alienware,
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by dtwsola(m): 1:50pm On Jan 09, 2010
3D television is definitely going to be the next big thing. After watching Avatar in Imax 3D, I have to say I have never seen nothing comparable to 3D viewing. You feel like you are immersed right in the action. As much as I hate Sony, it looks like they are ready to take the lead in this one.

That Lenovo IdeaPad is definitely going on my wishlist, and is surprisingly affordable. If I knew about it, I would have held out on my netbook purchase
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:58pm On Jan 09, 2010
next gen money drains!!
wonder why we bother anyway. it wasnt 1 n half yrs age led tvs were the rage and we were trooping to palms to replace the lcds and plasma!!!

wait so they mean to watch tv now we put on a pair of specs?
thank God i dont have a tv habit!!

ever thot about mind control and how easier its getting to do that?
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by segoye2(m): 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2010
Dear All,

Let us know when we can assist in the publicity

Log on to the website and see how you can use it to read the entire world.

Media Lens Africa gives all news without exception.

Regards,

Media Lens Africa website Administrator.
segoye4@hotmail.com
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by freetalk1(m): 7:51am On Jan 14, 2010
Re: The 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show by Mobinga: 12:54am On Aug 19, 2010
What's become of these??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buy spamming tools, Spam service, Best Autoshop for spam tools, Hacked accounts / Get An Internal And External Hard Drive Memories Of Laptop And Desktop / Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.