Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! (5189 Views)

I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Sexually Attracted To Someone Else. / No Man Should Beg Or Pay Any Woman For Sex. Women Should Do The Begging & Paying / What Are The Signs That Will Show That A Lady Is Attracted To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by nigerialog: 8:15am On May 05, 2017
The rate of failed marriages is ticking up steadily in Nigeria and it doesn't seem like anyone is studying it.

“Unless love equals passion, marriage rites are never right; that's all!”
-Dr. Randolph

I have been taking notes -not necessarily studying it -just taking notes. In my notes taken from different stories of failed marriages particularly in the eastern part of Nigeria, I noticed a pattern.

The pattern is this: a man feels ready to marry and sets out to seek a wife.
The man focuses on the quality of the wife he wants: she must be beautiful, educated, intelligent, reserved (a virgin if possible), obedient, respectful, good home maker, and good mother material.
Most often the man is not really interested in whether she has a job, or the type of job she has, after-all he would be the bread winner and provider. But, in all this he forgets the most important thing to test or look out for, which is the MUTUAL-ATTRACTION index between BOTH of he and the woman. By “attraction” I mean PHYSICAL (not monetary, professional, status related, religion based, familiar connections, anything else) attraction.

Double emphasis: This index measures the physical attraction from the man to the woman and from the woman to the man.

This type of attraction is what builds and sustains the level of PASSION between the couple.
Ideally, a marriage should be built on divine love -Agape. However, humans generally struggle with this -by nature, and must be assisted by pure attraction. What most humans do naturally is to love based on what each gets from the other. Among many things that a person can get from another, nothing is stronger than passionate love. When everything else fails to keep the fires of marriage burning, passion never fails.

A lady friend once confided in me the reason her parents married and stuck together for 53 years till her father's death. She said that her mother told her that the marriage was simply sustained by quality and quantity of sex. The mother basically stuck to her husband because of the passion that existed between she and the late man.

One man that I know has being having serious squabbles with his wife for about 7 years now, and the signs aren't looking good at all. The marriage is now at the stage where the man constantly threatens the woman with physical assault. Going forward, the marriage -if it continues at all – would likely be joyless.

Another man I know has been having exactly the same problem, only that his own wife is determined not to be a good wife and mother. To further aggravate matters, his wife goes and comes as she wishes.
This marriage may continue, but the man's mental and physical health may suffer as a result.

The common denominator between these two men is that they married according to the common criteria I mentioned in the third paragraph, but without any consideration for MUTUAL-ATTRACTION. Both men were physically attracted to the women they married, BUT the attraction was one way. The women had other things that attracted them to the men EXCEPT physical attraction.

The men were ready for marriage, and the women were also ready, but the men did not test for mutual physical attraction. They merely were attracted to the women, and proceeded to propose marriage. The woman simply accepted because all woman in Eastern Nigeria wants to marry men of status and reliable income.

I noted that some men either mischievously or irresponsibly pretend that this is not an issue. In fact I have seen a lot of men who simply pursue women for marriage while totally ignoring the women’s feelings towards them. Some men beg, cajole, pursue, kneel down to beg, fall flat on the bellies, and grovel to heavens and back just to marry women with zero attraction to them. The women, after these emotional blackmails, marry them, and then set out to seek and keep men that they are truly attracted to. The same men (husbands) would then go about blackmailing the cheating wives with moral based arguments, emotions, and complaints of adultery. That is how one woman ended up having an affair with the pastor (a Catholic priest at that) of the couple's home church. Like the video in another thread on this forum, the man was thinking that simply lamenting and shouting about the sins of adultery being committed by the wife would sway her away from her chosen mate. That is a futile exercise because passion is stronger than reason.

A man getting a woman to marry him by all means is deceptive and inherently unjust, and should be ready to accept in good faith whatever comes later in the marriage, rather than freaking out and playing victim.

Anyone going to equity must go with clean hands!

Married women who date other men, and have been deceived into marriage by their husbands, stand on stronger moral grounds than their accusing husbands. That is why I ALWAYS blame the men for most of the problems that arise in Nigerian marriages, because our culture is male dominated. Western marriages are a bit different because mutual attraction is mostly the basis for most western marriages.

So, my advice is that Nigerian men should cease and desist from pressuring women into marriage because marriage is a life-long commitment. If she even gives you the slightest of cold shoulders while you are proposing, please head to the hills -FAST! Or pay dearly later.

-Nigerialog.com

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by nigerialog: 8:18am On May 05, 2017
Some men never learn until it is too late. That is why divorce rate is hitting the roofs these days.

4 Likes

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by Learnstuffs: 8:22am On May 05, 2017
Well said. In Kendrick Lamar voice 'We love people that hurt us and hurt people that love us'.

2 Likes

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by dview001(m): 8:23am On May 05, 2017
nice
Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by dingbang(m): 8:29am On May 05, 2017
Wise sayings
Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by ucheHapers(m): 8:44am On May 05, 2017
Best thing I read this morning...

5 Likes

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by nigerialog: 6:34pm On May 05, 2017
ucheHapers:
Best thing I read this morning...

Thanks!
Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by rawpadgin(m): 7:27pm On May 05, 2017
this is brilliant!

me, as soon as i discovered that she ain't into me........na to discharge be the next thing

friends are saying i am impatient but they don't know, they just don't know

a failed relationship is better than a failed marriage

if seun & his moderators ignore this thread na to naked swear for them sure pass

2 Likes

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by higgs: 7:57pm On May 05, 2017
OP is talking nonsense.You make it sound like women are airheads who don't have minds of their own.Marriage is by mutual consent.A man or woman only cheats because he or she wants to.Even the attraction you talk about can fade with time.Human feelings can be transient and fickle sometimes. It takes wisdom to understand this.

9 Likes

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by nigerialog: 11:29pm On May 05, 2017
higgs:
OP is talking nonsense. You make it sound like women are airheads who don't have minds of their own.Marriage is by mutual consent. A man or woman only cheats because he or she wants to.Even the attraction you talk about can fade with time.Human feelings can be transient and fickle sometimes. It takes wisdom to understand this.

A two-way passionate love is critical for a blissful marriage, my brother.
This is one of those things that is only realized when it is already too late, usually at the point of marriage breakdown.

As for cheating women, I am yet to see a woman who loves her husband passionately cheat on him. I don't say that it can't ever happen, but it is very rare.

Yes a woman can consent to marry you for any number of reasons than passionate love; example, you are: rich, famous, doctor, lawyer, any other professional, but still be sleeping with your: houseboy, gateman, driver, some street thug, etc.
But I bet that such can't happen if she was crazily or passionately in love with you.
Such type of love never fades with age, because it is biochemical and spiritual.
A beautiful woman may be following one ordinary looking poor man, and people would be wondering why she is crazy for him.
The reason is that they have the type of attraction this article is talking about.
It never dies, no matter what.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by nigerialog: 12:21am On May 06, 2017
rawpadgin:
this is brilliant!

me, as soon as i discovered that she ain't into me........na to discharge be the next thing

friends are saying i am impatient but they don't know, they just don't know

a failed relationship is better than a failed marriage

if seun & his moderators ignore this thread na to naked swear for them sure pass

haha!
Smart man. grin
Of course your friends won't understand. They are outside looking in.
Only you know all the facts about your relationship.
It takes courage to disappoint your friends, but your life is more important than any friend's judgemental opinions.

6 Likes

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by darbeelicous(f): 12:31am On May 06, 2017
i didn't read all of it, but from ur topic and d few I read ure literally saying that women are d cause of divorce? well, I just found out that a well recognized man, a devoted Christian a loving father and a caring husband to d most calm and submissive woman I've ever known has about four concubines secretly. if them divorce now them go blame the woman. mtcheww....... do ur calculations right and edit!!!

1 Like

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by ikp120(m): 12:39am On May 06, 2017
darbeelicous:
i didn't read all of it, but from ur topic and d few I read ure literally saying that women are d cause of divorce? well, I just found out that a well recognized man, a devoted Christian a loving father and a caring husband to d most calm and submissive woman I've ever known has about four concubines secretly. if them divorce now them go blame the woman. mtcheww....... do ur calculations right and edit!!!
4 concubines? Amazing! shocked shocked
Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by darbeelicous(f): 12:48am On May 06, 2017
ikp120:
4 concubines? Amazing! shocked shocked
how z that amazing?
I was beginning to think that all men are the same when I heard, but I didn't, cause my boyfriend isn't. he's amazing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by LePrezident(m): 2:12am On May 06, 2017
darbeelicous:

This is exactly what you type when you refuse to read.

11 Likes

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by Papertrail11(m): 4:18am On May 06, 2017
Learnstuffs:
Well said. In Kendrick Lamar voice 'We love people that hurt us and hurt people that love us'.

I love that song
Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by LordBaelish: 3:29pm On May 06, 2017
weird.
Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by nigerialog: 7:37am On May 09, 2017
LordBaelish:
weird.

Nothing weird about a simple fact.
Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by Jaynom(m): 9:05am On May 09, 2017
Most men marry women they Love.

Most women marry because: 1.Time is running out. 2. Women are competitive in nature, they'll marry because their friends are getting married. 3. Dependant personality disorder- many Nigerian women are lazy, highly dependant, they have nothing to offer so when they find a COMFORTABLE man? They stick to him. 4. A woman will marry you coz she's under pressure from her family or the society. FINALLY, many women just want to SETTLE that's all, they don't care what you look like, they don't care how they feel. They'll just SETTLE bcoz of my points above so OP is right DOUBLE CHECK! !!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by gentlegenius(m): 10:22am On May 09, 2017
darbeelicous:
You are getting the OP wrong. May be you should have take time to read it all. I read everything and here is the summary of his write up: Men should ensure that there's mutual attraction between them and the women they want to marry. When a woman doesn’t find a man attractive, but decided to marry him for other reasons, such marriages always suffer or collapse in due course. From the way this sounds, I think he is blaming men for failed marriages and not women.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by poik(m): 10:36am On May 09, 2017
I agree with the op....but only to some extent. mutual attraction should be a part of the mix, its important, but not the deciding factor. The personalities involved too are key.

1 Like

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by Nobody: 10:56am On May 09, 2017
nigerialog:

A two-way passionate love is critical for a blissful marriage, my brother.
This is one of those things that is only realized when it is already too late, usually at the point of marriage breakdown.

As for cheating women, I am yet to see a woman who loves her husband passionately cheat on him. I don't say that it can't ever happen, but it is very rare.

Yes a woman can consent to marry you for any number of reasons than passionate love; example, you are: rich, famous, doctor, lawyer, any other professional, but still be sleeping with your: houseboy, gateman, driver, some street thug, etc.
But I bet that such can't happen if she was crazily or passionately in love with you.
Such type of love never fades with age, because it is biochemical and spiritual.
A beautiful woman may be following one ordinary looking poor man, and people would be wondering why she is crazy for him.
The reason is that they have the type of attraction this article is talking about.
It never dies, no matter what.
Nice one.
Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by gentlegenius(m): 10:59am On May 09, 2017
nigerialog:
The rate of failed marriages is ticking up steadily in Nigeria and it doesn't seem like anyone is studying it.

-Dr. Randolph

I have been taking notes -not necessarily studying it -just taking notes. In my notes taken from different stories of failed marriages particularly in the eastern part of Nigeria, I noticed a pattern.

The man focuses on the quality of the wife he wants: she must be beautiful, educated, intelligent, reserved (a virgin if possible), obedient, respectful, good home maker, and good mother material.
Most often the man is not really interested in whether she has a job, or the type of job she has, after-all he would be the bread winner and provider. But, in all this he forgets the most important thing to test or look out for, which is the MUTUAL-ATTRACTION index between BOTH of he and the woman. By “attraction” I mean PHYSICAL (not monetary, professional, status related, religion based, familiar connections, anything else) attraction.

Double emphasis: This index measures the physical attraction from the man to the woman and from the woman to the man.

This type of attraction is what builds and sustains the level of PASSION between the couple.
Ideally, a marriage should be built on divine love -Agape. However, humans generally struggle with this -by nature, and must be assisted by pure attraction. What most humans do naturally is to love based on what each gets from the other. Among many things that a person can get from another, nothing is stronger than passionate love. When everything else fails to keep the fires of marriage burning, passion never fails.

A lady friend once confided in me the reason her parents married and stuck together for 53 years till her father's death. She said that her mother told her that the marriage was simply sustained by quality and quantity of sex. The mother basically stuck to her husband because of the passion that existed between she and the late man.

One man that I know has being having serious squabbles with his wife for about 7 years now, and the signs aren't looking good at all. The marriage is now at the stage where the man constantly threatens the woman with physical assault. Going forward, the marriage -if it continues at all – would likely be joyless.

Another man I know has been having exactly the same problem, only that his own wife is determined not to be a good wife and mother. To further aggravate matters, his wife goes and comes as she wishes.
This marriage may continue, but the man's mental and physical health may suffer as a result.

The common denominator between these two men is that they married according to the common criteria I mentioned in the third paragraph, but without any consideration for MUTUAL-ATTRACTION. Both men were physically attracted to the women they married, BUT the attraction was one way. The women had other things that attracted them to the men EXCEPT physical attraction.

The men were ready for marriage, and the women were also ready, but the men did not test for mutual physical attraction. They merely were attracted to the women, and proceeded to propose marriage. The woman simply accepted because all woman in Eastern Nigeria wants to marry men of status and reliable income.

I noted that some men either mischievously or irresponsibly pretend that this is not an issue. In fact I have seen a lot of men who simply pursue women for marriage while totally ignoring the women’s feelings towards them. Some men beg, cajole, pursue, kneel down to beg, fall flat on the bellies, and grovel to heavens and back just to marry women with zero attraction to them. The women, after these emotional blackmails, marry them, and then set out to seek and keep men that they are truly attracted to. The same men (husbands) would then go about blackmailing the cheating wives with moral based arguments, emotions, and complaints of adultery. That is how one woman ended up having an affair with the pastor (a Catholic priest at that) of the couple's home church. Like the video in another thread on this forum, the man was thinking that simply lamenting and shouting about the sins of adultery being committed by the wife would sway her away from her chosen mate. That is a futile exercise because passion is stronger than reason.

A man getting a woman to marry him by all means is deceptive and inherently unjust, and should be ready to accept in good faith whatever comes later in the marriage, rather than freaking out and playing victim.

Married women who date other men, and have been deceived into marriage by their husbands, stand on stronger moral grounds than their accusing husbands. That is why I ALWAYS blame the men for most of the problems that arise in Nigerian marriages, because our culture is male dominated. Western marriages are a bit different because mutual attraction is mostly the basis for most western marriages.

So, my advice is that Nigerian men should cease and desist from pressuring women into marriage because marriage is a life-long commitment. If she even gives you the slightest of cold shoulders while you are proposing, please head to the hills -FAST! Or pay dearly later.

-Nigerialog.com
OP, you made sense anyway. But I think this issue is deeper than the way you see it. Men are mostly attracted to what they see but for women, attraction goes beyond what they see. It has more to do with how and what they feel. But men have the power to control women emotions. So when a man loves a woman, it's his duty to make her feel attracted to him.
Cheating and failed marriages doesn’t have much to do with lack of attraction. But it has more to do with lack of respect.
The girl I dated and dumped 4 years ago was so much in love with me and has deep feeling of attraction towards me. She was even the one that fell in love with me in the first place even though I was nobody and she had somebody who was begging her every day for marriage. To her, I was the most attractive thing on earth. I was even considering marrying her because no lady on earth has ever loved me the way she did. But surprisingly, she cheated on me the very moment I left for the NYSC camp. She couldn't even wait for just three weeks that I spent in camp despite all my promise to remain faithful and to make her visit me regularly wherever I will be posted to. Well, I overcame the shock, dumped her and move on despite the fact that she still want me back. Right now I am dating a young girl who I'm planning to marry in the next few years and I don't care so much whether she finds me attractive or not. All I know is that she respects me and I can manipulate her feelings and make myself attractive to her. If I can't do this, then I won't marry her.

4 Likes

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by blueAgent(m): 8:42pm On May 16, 2017
nigerialog:

-Dr. Randolph

-Nigerialog.com

Nice article i agree with the OP, A Man should not force himself on any lady. there has to be mutual attraction between a Man and any lady he has intrest in. but why blame only men?why will a women accept a man's proposal when she knows she is not attracted to him?
I think women should be carefull when taking such decisions no reason is sufficient enough for a woman to cheat on her Husband.
Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by nigerialog: 7:47pm On Feb 19, 2018
gentlegenius:

OP, you made sense anyway. But I think this issue is deeper than the way you see it. Men are mostly attracted to what they see but for women, attraction goes beyond what they see. It has more to do with how and what they feel. But men have the power to control women emotions. So when a man loves a woman, it's his duty to make her feel attracted to him.
Cheating and failed marriages doesn’t have much to do with lack of attraction. But it has more to do with lack of respect.
The girl I dated and dumped 4 years ago was so much in love with me and has deep feeling of attraction towards me. She was even the one that fell in love with me in the first place even though I was nobody and she had somebody who was begging her every day for marriage. To her, I was the most attractive thing on earth. I was even considering marrying her because no lady on earth has ever loved me the way she did. But surprisingly, she cheated on me the very moment I left for the NYSC camp. She couldn't even wait for just three weeks that I spent in camp despite all my promise to remain faithful and to make her visit me regularly wherever I will be posted to. Well, I overcame the shock, dumped her and move on despite the fact that she still want me back. Right now I am dating a young girl who I'm planning to marry in the next few years and I don't care so much whether she finds me attractive or not. All I know is that she respects me and I can manipulate her feelings and make myself attractive to her. If I can't do this, then I won't marry her.

She may be attracted to you but she may also be a hot-pant who would cheat on anyone regardless.
We are talking of normal people. grin
Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by nigerialog: 7:50pm On Feb 19, 2018
blueAgent:

Nice article i agree with the OP, A Man should not force himself on any lady. there has to be mutual attraction between a Man and any lady he has intrest in. but why blame only men?why will a women accept a man's proposal when she knows she is not attracted to him?
I think women should be carefull when taking such decisions no reason is sufficient enough for a woman to cheat on her Husband.

The article blames men because in our culture the men do the proposing.
Women only do the accepting... grin
Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by nigerialog: 7:54pm On Feb 19, 2018
Meanwhile we use this opportunity to invite new members to Nigerialog.com, one of Nigeria's newest and cleanest forums.

We have been growing steadily since 2016.

We conduct forum posting campaigns occasionally when prizes and bonuses (up to N50,000) are given away.

Don't miss out! grin
Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by KeenMind(m): 8:42pm On Feb 19, 2018
Very true.

The best woman a man can say 'I do' to is the woman who's madly in love with the man.

Like 70-30 ratio.

It's not a guarantee that things won't go south but your ride will be less bumpy.

Marrying a woman who had to "settle for you" is a sure-way to a lifetime of misery and sorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by blueAgent(m): 6:52am On Feb 21, 2018
nigerialog:

The article blames men because in our culture the men do the proposing.
Women only do the accepting... grin

Agreed but Women should make the decision of no marriage or dating if they are not attracted to the Man.

1 Like

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by nigerialog: 10:28pm On Feb 21, 2018
KeenMind:
Very true.

The best woman a man can say 'I do' to is the woman who's madly in love with the man.

Like 70-30 ratio.

It's not a guarantee that things won't go south but your ride will be less bumpy.

Marrying a woman who had to "settle for you" is a sure-way to a lifetime of misery and sorrow.

You are very correct!
A lot of bumps can happen along the road which would reduce the percentage, but at least keep the guy in control.

A man has to be in control (of the woman's heart) to have a blissful marriage, because women depend on men for strength and support.

If she doesn't love him enough, she will find another "shoulder to cry on" before long.

It is a twisted mix! grin

1 Like

Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by nigerialog: 10:30pm On Feb 21, 2018
blueAgent:

Agreed but Women should make the decision of no marriage or dating if they are not attracted to the Man.

Exactly!
They should be allowed (given enough time and space) to make that decision.
They should not be manipulated in any way, else ... cheesy
Re: Be Double Sure She Is Attracted To You Before You Marry Her... Or Pay Later! by blueAgent(m): 12:11am On Feb 23, 2018
nigerialog:

Exactly! They should be allowed (given enough time and space) to make that decision. They should not be manipulated in any way, else ... cheesy
Who is manipulating women?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Did Not Cum But She Insisting I Impregnated Her / Dear Young Guys At The Age Of 25 To 30 / Am I Looking That Bad (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.