Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

The New Look Of Ojodu Berger - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Look Of Ojodu Berger (53064 Views)

See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos / See The New Look Of The Oshodi-Apapa Expressway - Photos / See The New Look of Ore to Ijebu-Ode Highway (Photos and Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by IrradiatoR: 7:13am On May 07, 2017
Acetyl:
If only Amosun the ogun state counterpart can wake up cos 80per. of those seen on the fly over live around :Denrol, Alagbole, Akute, Ishashi and so on...

you didn't even mention Mowe, Ibafo, magboro, wawa etc

that Amosun should be ashamed of himself, being older and in government for much longer time than Ambode

5 Likes

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by deomelo: 7:39am On May 07, 2017
IrradiatoR:

you didn't even mention Mowe, Ibafo, magboro, wawa etc

that Amosun should be ashamed of himself, being older and in government for much longer time than Ambode

Amosun can not be like Ambide because the financial realities and revenue in Lagos and. ogun are not the same..

The budget un Lagos is almost 3 to 4 times larger than the budget in Ogun.

By Ogun standard, Amosun didn't do too bad.

And by Lagos standard and available resources, Ambode is performing poorly and below average. Unlike his predecessors, he doesn't have any ground breaking projects or anything futuristic. After 2 years, he's yet to go beyond roads and over head bridge.

4 Likes

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by Omofunaab2: 7:57am On May 07, 2017
deomelo:

Amosun can not be like Ambide because the financial realities and revenue in Lagos and. ogun are not the same..

And by Lagos standard and available resources, Ambode is performing poorly and below average. Unlike his predecessors, he doesn't have any ground breaking projects or anything futuristic. After 2 years, he's yet to go beyond roads and over head bridge.

Besides Amosun can't cover every place at once. .Ogun state is big mehn, ilaro, abeokuta, sagamu, ijebu ode, ijebu igbo, ifo, ewekoro, aiaiyetoro, Ota, igbesa, sango etc..

But the good news is that work has resumed at alagbole, Akute side. .that place is very close to Lagos too. Ogun needs more development so as to benefit more from its close proximity to Lagos

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:24am On May 07, 2017
deomelo:

Fashola built 15 waterworks

How many Ambode don build? None

Fashola built 5 power stations

Fashola built 3 bridges including the best bridge in In Nigeria and West Africa called Lekki Ikoyi bridge>

Fashola built 6 modern jetties

Fashola built countless housing estates

Fashola build dozens of new schools

Fashola built many hospitals including the first burn center in Nigeria and the first Cardiac and Renal hospital in Nigeria.

Fashola built 13 maternity centers.

Fashola built many parks including the Freedom park

Fashola build 30 skill acquisition centers

Fashola built rice and cassava mill

Fashola build the Lagos state energy college

Fashola built the new LASG house of assembly

How many ambode don build? None

Fashola built 2 asphalt plant

Fashola built Fashola Paving Stone manufacturing plant

Fashola build many modern court houses

Fashola built many modern markets including the new Oyingbo market

Fashola's work is enough to fill more than 10 pages on NL, but Ambode's work can not fill 1 single page.

Fashola's work goes beyond overhead bridge and basic roads which so far is Ambode's preoccupation which is very basic and non ground breaking per Lagos standard, but no governor in Nigeria past or present can overtake Fashola's achievements because his body of work was very comprehensive and across the board.

I know hate and ignorance are the foundation of your comment so I do understand.

Story story he is that good and there are many projects let for Ambode to do. You that is not talking with ignorance can you back up your claim with links

1 Like

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by ologun01(m): 8:36am On May 07, 2017
U didn't add Agege stadium that mfm fc uses and also lasg for any of their functions now

I just wish we can have 3-5 more of such stadiums in Lagos state

deomelo:

Fashola built 3 bridges including the best bridge in In Nigeria and West Africa called Lekki Ikoyi bridge>

Fashola built many hospitals including the first burn center in Nigeria and the first Cardiac and Renal hospital in Nigeria.

Fashola's work is enough to fill more than 10 pages on NL, but Ambode's work can not fill 1 single page.

Fashola's work goes beyond overhead bridge and basic roads which so far is Ambode's preoccupation which is very basic and non ground breaking per Lagos standard, but no governor in Nigeria past or present can overtake Fashola's achievements because his body of work was very comprehensive and across the board.

I know hate and ignorance are the foundation of your comment so I do understand.

2 Likes

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by kristian98(m): 9:19am On May 07, 2017
rt
Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by mascot87(m): 9:21am On May 07, 2017
Be lake say na only Lagos dey Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by mmsen: 9:22am On May 07, 2017
I'm glad that they're building these pedestrian bridges but they really need to plant some trees and utilize the ever green nature of the natural landscape to beautify the city.

3 Likes

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by mmsen: 9:24am On May 07, 2017
deomelo:

You may be right but a lot of the business that is being sited in Lagos could be in Ogun state if they made the place more attractive to business - that would increase the tax revenue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by Elnino4ladies: 9:25am On May 07, 2017
kropotokin33:
if only otorm can do this in benue grin

Let him pay salary first

Idiotic governor

1 Like

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by Godson201333(m): 9:26am On May 07, 2017
Acetyl:
If only Amosun the ogun state counterpart can wake up cos 80per. of those seen on the fly over live around :Denrol, Alagbole, Akute, Ishashi and so on...

I also came to Lagos few weeks ago for vacation and when i got to this particular ojodu berger,I was asking people that where is berger lol..Those who know how that place looked like before will understand why the development need celebration...I once saw with my eyes where car knocked down someone at this particular bus stop cos he was trying to cross the highway...kUDOS to the Governor.

then i drove down to the gun state part..precisely (Akute)...Mehn i don't know if the ogun state government is sleeping or inactive and the funniest part of it is that at the entrance of Akute ,There is a sign post that says "Ogun state tAX PAYERS MONEY working" I was like what d Bleep

10 Likes

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by bkool7(m): 9:28am On May 07, 2017
Oildichotomy:
This kind of warped mentality is what politicians do have even after they travel out and see how things are done. They come home and do some mediocre things and everybody shout uhuru. Again this same mentality Nigerians have when they travel out they obey laws to the latter but on touch down at MMA, lawlessness and foolishness starts.
For somebody who supposedly live outside Nigeria still fanning the state of origin tag suggest you are still myopic somewhat. Don't take it personal

I don't give a Hoot about my state government who throw some crumbs projects around and go around social media saying that's the best thing since jollof rice.

Rise and aspire above mediocrity. I suppose where you are based they don't celebrate things such as these. Learn from them bro

we have to start from somewhere
I know this type of performance is nothing is saner clime , but I won't blame those praising them either .
When you are able to get a bad person among worst - you'll praise that bad person too.
That's the situation we are in .

6 Likes

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by ettybaba(m): 9:29am On May 07, 2017
deomelo:

Your rant was meaningless simply because people are free to highlight and recognize the work of their elected officials regardless if you fancy same or not.

There are dedicated forums all over the internet where they showcase and appreciate roads, bridges and what you call crumbs so what's so different here apart from the fact that you are allergic to people recognizing what their elected officials are doing.

And going by your quote above, you are nothing but another hateful and bitter ipob. We know your type.

Brilliant post.

2 Likes

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by Nobody: 9:31am On May 07, 2017
Guestlander:
Lagos marching on step by step, one block at a time.
Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by Basic123: 9:32am On May 07, 2017
deomelo:

nigerians forget things easily.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by Basfaq(m): 9:37am On May 07, 2017
Ucheosefoh:
Ambode achievement don dwarf Fashola own.
kudos to him one of the few working governors in Nigeria.
Majority are just occupying space.
Amosun is better compare to others.

1 Like

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by Tjohnnay: 9:38am On May 07, 2017
Police van don even dey der
Badnews for dm afonjas - agbero wey dey smoke nd collect moni for bus drivers grin
Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by Basic123: 9:39am On May 07, 2017
Basfaq:
Exactly,I watched a video of Abeokuta city of recent and I was impressed.
Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by ba7man(m): 9:40am On May 07, 2017
Oildichotomy:
It is quite surprising how somebody who supposedly live outside the country judging from his comment is posting pictures about developments in Nigeria.

A governor constructed a layby a pedestrian bridge and some some adjoining roads within the vicinity and we won't hear word like he was voted in to do otherwise.

Personally, I don't celebrate a Nigerian politician for doing his job. We are so used to mediocrity that when we see something new we jump up like he is doing anybody a favour. And the best any buttlicker will say is, we should celebrate them to do more, like WTF, I pay my f**king taxes to Lagos State govt monthly and he should use it for developments as expected Why the Fuss!!

I've passed this level please, maybe it is just me!!
Which one has your state govt done so that you can compare when you go visit home?

I'm sure its those Igbos that liked your post.

2 Likes

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by Acetyl(m): 9:42am On May 07, 2017
Godson201333:

I also came to Lagos few weeks ago for vacation and when i got to this particular ojodu berger,I was asking people that where is berger lol..Those who know how that place looked like before will understand why the development need celebration...I once saw with my eyes where car knocked down someone at this particular bus stop cos he was trying to cross the highway...kUDOS to the Governor.

then i drove down to the gun state part..precisely (Akute)...Mehn i don't know if the ogun state government is sleeping or inactive and the funniest part of it is that at the entrance of Akute ,There is a sign post that says "Ogun state tAX PAYERS MONEY working" I was like what d Bleep
I tell you bro, for those going towards Ojota, Oshodi it's easy to cross those ever busy road. My route is mostly Ogba, Oregun axis of Ikeja...
For Amosun the Ogun state governor, I pray God should his heart cos the road that link Ojodu via alagbole, Akute and the rest is in mess. Though contractors have resumed work on some bridges but too slow...
Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by Basic123: 9:42am On May 07, 2017
ba7man:
Which one has your state govt done so that you can compare when you go visit home?

I'm sure its those Igbos that liked your post.
The "ibadan brown roof fetishists".IBRFs.

2 Likes

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by Nobody: 9:43am On May 07, 2017
i see u ambo... we av not comin... we r still on d way com. sowi to confuse u

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by Acetyl(m): 9:45am On May 07, 2017
Basfaq:
which Amosun? Do you know Ogun state very well sha?

1 Like

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by Nobody: 9:47am On May 07, 2017
deomelo:

Ambode is as good as Alausa. He cant perform too dull.
Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by poweredcom(m): 9:53am On May 07, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by caniva(m): 9:54am On May 07, 2017
Well, let's thank and praise those that assumed power and performed their responsibilities as promised. After all, those Politicians who did nothing were not crucified.

Though, some individuals would say, don't thank Government officials when they build roads, provide social amenities and so on, that it is their responsibilities.
Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by Excuzeme: 9:58am On May 07, 2017
salford:
The guy is really doing a great job. If not for the landmark buildings...i would surely miss my way around this area i grew up in.

Why wont you miss your way, when you just join Ekene Dilli Chukwu come Lagos, this last year! grin grin

Abeg, which WARD COUNCILLOR did this good job...... or is it the State Governor himself commissioning FOOT BRIDGE again?

State of the Art Hospitals, 8-lane Express Roads, 1,000 Units of Block of Flats, Airport, Power Station and similar stuffs is what l expect State Governors to be commissioning.... they should leave all these minor-minor projects for Ayo Fayose and other Ward Councillors!
undecided grin grin

1 Like

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by mmag(m): 9:59am On May 07, 2017
Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by Excuzeme: 10:03am On May 07, 2017
mascot87:
Be lake say na only Lagos dey Nigeria

It is the only state in Nigeria, that people are willing to pay as much as #5,000 just to get a seat on the next available Luxurious Bus coming to Lagos, immediately after New year celebration in their own States! grin grin

***In Phyno's voice: [b]Na we develop Lago[/b]s**** shocked shocked shocked
Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by Bobby4090: 10:04am On May 07, 2017
deomelo:

How much has Fashola paid you to articulate all these lies. If he Fashola was that good why hasn't he transformed the power ministry which he kept blasting Jonathan for. Shows he was just over rated. The truth is that two years of Ambode has impacted Lagosians more than 8 years of Fashola. To the extent that even PDP and Bode George acknowledged that the young man's achievements has totally swept them off.
Fasholas incompetence and his jealous of Ambode has made him not to do a single work inside lagos state as the minister of works and housing. All the delapidated federal roads in lagos which Fashola kept begging the federal government to do before has now been purposely abandoned by him. Shame on Fashola. Ambode is a gift of God and the best thing that has happened to Lagos recently.

3 Likes

Re: The New Look Of Ojodu Berger by ReachHard: 10:04am On May 07, 2017
salford:
My friend in Nigeria sent me these pics...

Nigerians just like showing off undecided

Which one is, "My friend in Nigeria" ?

Are you not a Nigerian again ni ??

Issokay, we haff seen you. Pls coman be going

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Observing Tanzanian Presidential Election Held Today (Photos) / Edo Residents Watch Oshiomhole's Campaign Against Ize Iyamu On Billboard / Photos Of Alake & El-Rufai Answering Questions For Tinubu At The Chatham House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.