Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1262015 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teehomies: 12:05am On Nov 03, 2017
Congrats bro. Happy for you. Please did you contact them at any point in time?
kofson:
My family, Victory at last. I just received my grant today.
I applied on the 12/06/17.
No contact until August 2017 , where I was asked for my deferral letter which I submitted.
Now the good news just popped up.
Thanks to all nairaland family.
Charles Darwin University- Masters

Visa Grant will start falling from this month going
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by debris: 2:47am On Nov 03, 2017
kofson:
No contact until August 2017 , where I was asked for my deferral letter which I submitted.

bro congrats
you mean 5 months to process Aussie visa?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Asoasoaso: 6:15am On Nov 03, 2017
kofson:

Congratulations bro
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chimax1(m): 6:58am On Nov 03, 2017
Congrats bro. When was ur initial resumption date before you deferred. Kindly share documents submitted.
kofson:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 7:24am On Nov 03, 2017
helpyom:

Saw your post here bro
Regarding you mean Through Tafe studies route it won't be easy getting visa

Just curious though or they follow it case by case just saying because I also intend applying for diploma nursing in Western Australia where my uncle lives.

Am a graduate of pharmacology with 3rd class been working in a hospital pharmacy for 2yrs including Nysc.

Now I wish to further studies do you think with my cgpa or grade i might get chances to explore Tafe route??

Yes it's on a case to case basis but then how do you justify having a degree and then sliding down for a lower certificate?

Is it because the fees is lower? Is it because you want to get into Australia via that avenue?

Yoh just have to convince your case officer by all means you are a genuine entrant.

In your case, you can put it in writing that you did not do well in your degree because that wasn't the cause you really wanted to study. You had to study it cos of pressure from family. Now that have accepted to support you in your new career pathway.
A strong statement of purpose will help.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joyfree: 8:22am On Nov 03, 2017
Congrats kofson we r expecting ours too in Jesus name, amen.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cheekynero: 9:26am On Nov 03, 2017
kofson:

Congrats. I tap into your blessing
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 9:33am On Nov 03, 2017
cheekynero:

Congrats. I tap into your blessing
O SE Tapper

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by go4value(m): 9:39am On Nov 03, 2017
@Gurus in the house,are there no certification courses that can lead to PR?
Secondly which course will you suggest that someone that has industrial Chemistry degree go for in Australia
Thirdly do you suggest one go for MSC or graduate entry as industrial chemistry degree was a 4years course
Again if someone have not been working since graduation ,what other options will suffice
Just a house wife,not done with birthing, wants to pursue her carrier.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kofson: 9:48am On Nov 03, 2017
@Teehomies post=62020617]Congrats bro. Happy for you. Please did you contact them at any point in time

I did contact them in July, when my orientation date was approaching ( July 10, 2017).But they replied and said I was within the processing time. Since then , I waited for them to contact me
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kofson: 9:51am On Nov 03, 2017
chimax1:
Congrats bro. When was ur initial resumption date before you deferred. Kindly share documents submitted.

17/ 07/2017- was the initial resumption date
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 9:52am On Nov 03, 2017
I want to appreciate every single member both home and abroad that has contributed to proferring solutions to the challenges of Nigerians trying to secure Australian student visa. If there is anything I have learnt from this thread, it is that, no mattter how big your problem might seem, there is someone that can suggest possible solutions to the problem more than any agent.

Based on the foregoing, I have two serious concerns, here it goes:

I have secured three Ph.D admissions (University of Wollongong, Macquarie University and Deakin University) in September. Out of the three, Macquarie offered me IMQRES-MREs as a research training pathway for the Ph.D program on 24th October 2017 for a 1st January 2018 commencement date. However, they made an error by signifying that there was no condition to be satisfied in the offer letter as against the pointer mail on candidature that I need to write IELTS. Because of my state of unrest, I contacted them after a week and apology was rendered. I quickly booked for an IELTS exam with the earliest been 25th November, 2017. Remember I would have to wait for 13days to get my result, so that means I would have to get my CoE approximately on December 8, 2017 as the earliest. Although, I contacted them and I was told I could still resume by January 15th. A sigh of relief. But.....

My Questions:
How possible is it to meet up with the January 15th start date given that I need to do medicals, apply for visa and endure the waiting game?

Is there any advice on any line of actions that I can take apart from the underlisted ones?
Based on the second question, I have already generated my HAP ID for medicals, filled my acceptance offer letter, lodged for OSHC to be provided by my university since 25th October 2017 ( though no reply from zenith bank yet), create an immiaccount and got stucked when I was asked to add CoE code. I believe I can get more suggestions on things to do before lodging my visa applications.

Does any one know how long it will take to get visa after looking at my total story? given all this waiting since July, I read (wished I did not read them though, but thats reality)?

Do I need to get Police clearance certificate at CID, ALAGBON, IKOYI.

Thanks ALL in anticipation of a response from you guys. I would not pledge allegiancem, but I really love this thread!

I would talk about the other concern in another post later. And I am ready to answer questions on how I got three Ph.D admissions within Australia if there is any.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 10:08am On Nov 03, 2017
I lost my first reply to you sha.

Ooooh. I have to type again.

I was saying I recently started my Phd in AU.

Could you please let me know your funding state... do you have a scholarship? Full or part or whatever?

Let's see what we can expect.

fobak203:
I want to appreciate every single member both home and abroad that has contributed to proferring solutions to the challenges of Nigerians trying to secure Australian student visa. If there is anything I have learnt from this thread, it is that, no mattter how big your problem might seem, there is someone that can suggest possible solutions to the problem more than any agent.

I have secured three Ph.D admissions (University of Wollongong, Macquarie University and Deakin University) in September. Out of the three, Macquarie offered me IMQRES-MREs as a research training pathway for the Ph.D program on 24th October 2017 for a 1st January 2018 commencement date. However, they made an error by signifying that there was no condition to be satisfied in the offer letter as against the pointer mail on candidature that I need to write IELTS. Because of my state of unrest, I contacted them after a week and apology was rendered. I quickly booked for an IELTS exam with the earliest been 25th November, 2017. Remember I would have to wait for 13days to get my result, so that means I would have to get my CoE approximately on December 8, 2017 as the earliest. Although, I contacted them and I was told I could still resume by January 15th. A sigh of relief. But.....

My Questions:
How possible is it to meet up with the January 15th start date given that I need to do medicals, apply for visa and endure the waiting game?

Is there any advice on any line of actions that I can take apart from the underlisted ones?
Based on the second question, I have already generated my HAP ID for medicals, filled my acceptance offer letter, lodged for OSHC to be provided by my university since 25th October 2017 ( though no reply from zenith bank yet), create an immiaccount and got stucked when I was asked to add CoE code. I believe I can get more suggestions on things to do before lodging my visa applications.

Does any one know how long it will take to get visa after looking at my total story? given all this waiting since July, I read (wished I did not read them though, but thats reality)?

Thanks ALL in anticipation of a response from you guys. I would not pledge allegiancem, but I really love this thread!

I would talk about the other concern in another post later. And I am ready to answer questions on how I got three Ph.D admissions within Australia if there is any.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by skydon(m): 10:13am On Nov 03, 2017
kofson:

Congrats bro. What's your resumption date?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 10:13am On Nov 03, 2017
If your funding is settled, ceteris paribus and by God's grace you should have good news. I also presume you had your Msc in the UK. All these should increase your speed.

I got a police character report. I didn't have to go. They got someone to take my thumbprint there.
Please do get it. It is all to make your case strong.

You would need the English test for your visa anyway so the earlier the better.

If you are not on scholarship I should expect that you can resume anytime. So no panic.

So please give more info.

akinke:

Could you please let me know your funding state... do you have a scholarship? Full or part or whatever?

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 10:21am On Nov 03, 2017
Why are you taking Macquarie out of all your options since the pathway is almost a MRes if I am correct?
If you do MRes wouldn't that be 4 yrs? Wouldn't you have hurdles to cross to enter the full PhD.

Why not DEAKIN of 3 years.

I know you are eager to get in but let's do a due diligence on your choice.

Top, you defer your admission. PhD must be well thought biko.

I defered for 2 yrs, I am not praying so for you ooo.

But let's get enough info.
Why Macquarie of the 3 of them?

fobak203:

My Questions:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 10:34am On Nov 03, 2017
noscarn91:

Are you for February?

I have been waiting to read your good news, noscarn91.

Pele o ku aforiti.
I keep coming around to check if you now have it.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by GOOO3: 10:41am On Nov 03, 2017
Congrats. Pls share your secret on securing PhD admissions

fobak203:

My Questions:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 10:49am On Nov 03, 2017
akinke:

I have been waiting to read your good news, noscarn91.

Pele o ku aforiti.
I keep coming around to check if you now have it.
Thank you boss , by the special grace of God visa will fall on us before the year runs out .Amen

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Churkie: 10:50am On Nov 03, 2017
kofson:

Congrats. Please who is your sponsor. Did you submit SOA? If yes, kindly confirm the closing balance.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 12:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
akinke:

Oh Yeah, my funding is complete, apart from OSHC and Traveling to Australia, It is called Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarship, Having obtained a 75 or higher in the Masters by Research, I am qualified for the next three years Ph.D scholarship of the university (IMQRES).

Answer:
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ejimjesus: 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2017
Beloved Nairaland Family, please can I process my admission for masters degree program at RMIT on my own? Will I be able to complete the process without the help of an agent? I am looking at masters in Laboratory medicine as my first degree is medical laboratory science. I really need assistance from you all on the first step I should take. Thanks, I await your candid response.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ejimjesus: 12:19pm On Nov 03, 2017
What are the medical tests required and how do I go about getting it done. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2017
Why are you taking Macquarie out of all your options since the pathway is almost a MRes if I am correct?
Thanks for your concern akinke, but I am presently not conversant with the replies and PM on nairaland. Maybe we can talk through a more straightforward means, I was trying to answer your query all at once, but I have long been detached from nairaland. This is my e-mail (and for GOO3 too) folarin.bakare@uniben.edu, if you dont mind talking on there.

If you do MRes wouldn't that be 4 yrs? Wouldn't you have hurdles to cross to enter the full PhD.

[/font]Yes, I have explained that in the first reply I sent to you, but for the sake of repetition, I only have funding for the MRes at the moment but once I can get the 75% or higher, I would slide easily into the Ph.D scholarship, as I already have a bundle offer letter. Hope it is clear.

[size=10pt][/size]Well, DEAKIN is a two-destination programme (Australia-India), and might affect the movement of my family. Even though, my supervisor has gone as far as editing my CV for me to reflect all of my abilities in order to get the scholarship and already saying he is looking forward to working with you subconsciously, they are in the process of finalizing the terms and conditions of the offer as there is need to correspond with the faulty staffs at IIT Madras (The affiliate university in India).

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
I would be glad to do this with you. Cheers

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 12:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
fobak203:
Thanks for your concern akinke, but I am presently not conversant with the replies and PM on nairaland. Maybe we can talk through a more straightforward means, I was trying to answer your query all at once, but I have long been detached from nairaland. This is my e-mail (and for GOO3 too) folarin.bakare@uniben.edu, if you dont mind talking on there.

[/font]Yes, I have explained that in the first reply I sent to you, but for the sake of repetition, I only have funding for the MRes at the moment but once I can get the 75% or higher, I would slide easily into the Ph.D scholarship, as I already have a bundle offer letter. Hope it is clear.

[size=10pt][/size]Well, DEAKIN is a two-destination programme (Australia-India), and might affect the movement of my family. Even though, my supervisor has gone as far as editing my CV for me to reflect all of my abilities in order to get the scholarship and already saying he is looking forward to working with you subconsciously, they are in the process of finalizing the terms and conditions of the offer as there is need to correspond with the faulty staffs at IIT Madras (The affiliate university in India).

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
I would be glad to do this with you. Cheers

In a nutshell, I am considering Macquarie at the moment, because It is my bird at hand and there is a possibility of extending my masters work from the UK in the MRes, which makes me a semi-authority and would land safely in a region of 80-85% required for the Ph.D scholarship afterwards. You are right, I am really eager to get in. But Deakin on the other hand, is just a good smell of nigerian Jollof not yet served. While Wollongong are yet to get back to me on scholarship matters, would do by mid December
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 12:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
GOOO3:
Congrats. Pls share your secret on securing PhD admissions

This is a very long story, but I am trying to still stay on here and get conversant with my old friend (nairaland) while summarizing the secrets. I took motivation from (loosing the PRESSID Ph.D Scholarship, a story for another day). It is majorly due to focus on Australia (I was not trying US, Canada and UK all at the same time), since the requirement within schools are not that different in the same country. Secondly, supplying all of the authentic documents of your claim and in a timely manner. I also consider myself as a good convincer during my Skype Interview with potential Ph.D supervisors. This may be due to my exposure to studies in the UK, anyways. Finally, my research profile has gone up to 700% between 2015 and 2017. And I believe, thats why I am attracting research excellence scholarships in Australia. There are more to this, but can not be exhaustive in this text. I was so prepared document-wise that, I can complete an application process as rigorous as it looks in 3 hours of sitting down. uploading all of the required documents and clicking the final submit botton before standing up. The reason why some of us have not really gotten admissions (Masters/Ph.D) is because we have more imcomplete application process around the world than the papers in front of a Case officer at every given point.

Summary, research schools, narrow down to your course, speak with supervisors closely related to your previous study, convince them that you understand the terminologies in that chosen field, provide additional documents that can support your claims, Keep developing your self and send updated CV in the midst of the application process, correspond with them on present research focus and you are on a sure way to getting a Ph.D admission. #cleansweat. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 2:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
fobak203:

Answer:

I presumed so Fobak.

Source of funding is the major issue in student visa application.

Your chances are high.
I understand they have increased their processing time.

It may be a close shave, but you hopefully will still meet up somehow .

If you miss a Jan 15th resumption what's the next option?

I am not being pessimistic but realistic.

Let's roll out your options.
Mine took 6 wks though.
And Feb resumption will make Jan n Dec a peak period again.

Offices may be closed as well as for documents verifications

However, a scholarship makes it quickkkkk. How quick I cannot tell.

Did I help?
I hope so.
Cheers.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 2:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
I understand you perfectly. I will probably do the same.
80%-85% is high though even though that what I am also aiming for at the moment.

You seem to work in a University.

You have a strong case. Verrrrrry strong!
Your case officer will have less headache.
But sha why did Macquarie need an IELTS to give you a COE if you had MSc in the UK.

Did you attempt presenting that as a case?

I only did English test for my visa because I had not lived in the UK for 5 years.

I skipped that during admission because I had spent 1 year in an English speaking country.

So is the English test for Candidature point which is much later in your programme or to even obtain a COE?

fobak203:

In a nutshell, I am considering Macquarie at the moment, because It is my bird at hand and there is a possibility of extending my masters work from the UK in the MRes, which makes me a semi-authority and would land safely in a region of 80-85% required for the Ph.D scholarship afterwards. You are right, I am really eager to get in. But Deakin on the other hand, is just a good smell of nigerian Jollof not yet served. While Wollongong are yet to get back to me on scholarship matters, would do by mid December
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 3:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
So I figured that the Macquarie scholarship you have at hand AT THE MOMENT is for 2 years MRes?

Please confirm it's for two years not one.

What's your field to know your PR pathway, so we don't put all the energy on PhD.

And almost finally, once you have a high grade for MRes if you dont want Macquarie afterwards you can always apply to any school. So it's good for you.

However, keep in mind that you will have to compete for the PhD scholarship after MRes in Macquarie since you don't have an automatic scholarship yet for PhD.

It's all good.

fobak203:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 3:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
akinke:
So I figured that the Macquarie scholarship you have at hand AT THE MOMENT is for 2 years MRes?

Please confirm it's for two years not one.

What's your field to know your PR pathway, so we don't put all the energy on PhD.

And almost finally, once you have a high grade for MRes if you dont want Macquarie afterwards you can always apply to any school. So it's good for you.

However, keep in mind that you will have to compete for the PhD scholarship after MRes in Macquarie since you don't have an automatic scholarship yet for PhD.

It's all good.

Oh Yeah sorry, you know I am trying to avoid writing an epistle, but please feel free to ask for further enquiries.

I already gathered 32 credit points (RPL) from my two masters (UNIBEN and Manchester). So I am expected to start from Year 2 MRes. I am into Materials Science and Engineering, my two MSc was in these field. Even the MRes is in the area of Materials Engineering.

Yes, you are so on point, about the whole situation, but keeping fingers crossed. It's all good like you concluded. Thanks akinke.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 3:47pm On Nov 03, 2017
akinke:
I understand you perfectly. I will probably do the same.
80%-85% is high though even though that what I am also aiming for at the moment.

You seem to work in a University.

You have a strong case. Verrrrrry strong!
Your case officer will have less headache.
But sha why did Macquarie need an IELTS to give you a COE if you had MSc in the UK.

Did you attempt presenting that as a case?

I only did English test for my visa because I had not lived in the UK for 5 years.

I skipped that during admission because I had spent 1 year in an English speaking country.

So is the English test for Candidature point which is much later in your programme or to even obtain a COE?

I work as a Lecturer in a university

I presented my case to them concerning English Language and they made me realize, I am only eligible for a waiver, if I have undergone a two years study in the UK, but I only had a year study.

The English language is required by Macquarie University to give CoE, I really do not know why, but I think universities are putting stringent measures to maintain their standard of entry requirements.

I can resume in July 2018, the scholarship and admission has given me that assurance of a later start. Funny enough, I am putting my mind in July. So if eventually, I make January, I would be happy.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
akinke:

I presumed so Fobak.

Source of funding is the major issue in student visa application.

Your chances are high.
I understand they have increased their processing time.

It may be a close shave, but you hopefully will still meet up somehow .

If you miss a Jan 15th resumption what's the next option?

I am not being pessimistic but realistic.

Let's roll out your options.
Mine took 6 wks though.
And Feb resumption will make Jan n Dec a peak period again.

Offices may be closed as well as for documents verifications

However, a scholarship makes it quickkkkk. How quick I cannot tell.

Did I help?
I hope so.
Cheers.
Oh Yes, you have been of great assistance, I am really happy to discuss this with you.
Thanks so much for the tips and guidelines. The admission office has offered to accept their flaws of not communicating rightly and would write to seek a deferment approved for July 2018 start.

A friend of mine told me if I come in by the end of January, it is still not a problem for a 1st January commencement date. I would just wait and see how things unfold. In the meantime, I would just keep getting on top of the situation and be proactive to address the issues.

How is your program going. Hope it is ok, What Uni are you in?

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.