Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1256143 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2017
@ phemmy28. Am speechless but God knows the best. Put your self together.
Given up now can't be an option.
Re- asses the option available and take the next step.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 4:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
1. Look for Masters program in your Line of Discipline or In your Faculty. You should know the departments in your Faculty that will help you make decision.
2. Google Universities in Australia and narrow it down to your own choice. What might be low tuition for Mr A might not be the same for Mr B. Do this your self, is going to help you a lot and broaden your knowledge on the schools available in Australia.
3. Requirements are but not limited to..... Transcript, Degree result, or statement of result as some schools may call it, O level result, English proficiency test ( IELTS, or pTE or any other one you choose to write and present). Some schools do waive it. Reference letters from your Department to boast your application. Payment of application fee, statement of purpose on why you choose to study your intended course and why you choose the school and Australia as your destination. I think the rest is Personal Data filling you will do while applying for the admission.
Bro, I think you can calculate your CGPA and get your final grade. That will help you.
Have you done your convocation?.
Are you currently serving (NYSC)?.

davidson97:
hello everybody I just graduated about 6 months ago ( Economics) and am looking at doing my masters in Australia pls I have just a few questions
1. pls what are the courses in masters available for an economics graduate in australia

2. what universities or schools in Australia that has a moderate tutition fee would be recommended

3. what are the requirements needed for a masters program in Australia (if cgpa is required my cgpa as at 300l was 3.2 my final year result has not been computed)
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nurseafrica: 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2017
I just want to advice all of you coming into OZ. Though its not good to generalize but never you loan money to Kenyan pips. They never pay back.
Imagine helping a kenyan that was almost sent back cos couldn't pay fees. I paid the said fees with agreement Now to pay me back na wahala. Just trying to help an African pip. All of dem kenyans have now gang up against me.
If na 9ja now Bleep up. They will over blow it up.
Never trust a Kenyan. They are scam. Be warned

9 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 7:28pm On Dec 18, 2017
nurseafrica:
I just want to advice all of you coming into OZ. Though its not good to generalize but never you loan money to Kenyan pips. They never pay back.
Imagine helping a kenyan that was almost sent back cos couldn't pay fees. I paid the said fees with agreement Now to pay me back na wahala. Just trying to help an African pip. All of dem kenyans have now gang up against me.
If na 9ja now Bleep up. They will over blow it up.
Never trust a Kenyan. They are scam. Be warned
Never trust anyone sounds better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by raylucas: 10:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
Hmmmm

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 11:34pm On Dec 18, 2017
raylucas:
Hmmmm

Becoming a cliche these days.. Still we hope, we hope.. Iyanu a sele

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AlvinKem: 6:54am On Dec 19, 2017
PurpleG:

The prices are really cheap. Has anyone successfully used skyscanner before?

You might wanna check South African airways via joburg, Perth and then Adelaide, buh just WhatsApp me, I’ll pick you up on arrival, depending on time of arrival and if am not at work.... just buzz me let’s talk, welcome to Adelaide the city of churches dear!.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AlvinKem: 6:57am On Dec 19, 2017
MACDONALDuzoma:
Pls, are you in Adelaide now, how is the place

Check your mail.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 8:14am On Dec 19, 2017
liliberth:

This for postgraduate research sector. Most of us who are going for postgraduate don’t fall into this sector.
We fall into the school sector which is 40 daysor more.

Postgraduate & Research sectors = PhD and Master's by research

School Sector = Primary / Secondary school

Vocational Edu. / Training = Tafe

Higher Education = University by course work

5 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by PurpleG(f): 9:38am On Dec 19, 2017
AlvinKem:

You might wanna check South African airways via joburg, Perth and then Adelaide, buh just WhatsApp me, I’ll pick you up on arrival, depending on time of arrival and if am not at work.... just buzz me let’s talk, welcome to Adelaide the city of churches dear!.
Thanks bro, God bless you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AlvinKem: 9:47am On Dec 19, 2017
It’s good to see that the trend is still on, I have heaps to write and address and pls bear with us all cos this Aussie life ain’t easy, busy schedule here and there.... quick one, for all the visa grants congrats and to the hopefuls keep your phone close and pray like never before.

Currently the standard for visa grant is high as Australia made changes to immigration rules, that doesn’t stop the grants coming in, my advice make use of all the information in this trend and don’t get tired of asking questions from ones with experience
If your application has passed the stated processing time and your start date is close, you have every right to mail or call and ask for the status of your application and reminding them that your start date is close, it doesn’t show any desperation on your part Buh if it’s not beyond the processing time just leave em, bear in mind they know about your start dates and would always process the pile of applications based on start dates, Read someone saying Adelaide is a forest or sumfin, pls for goodness sake we are in the age of google, why not get busy and read about the city, I’m in Adelaide and it’s a beautiful city, people get jobs and heaps of students are here surviving, if it’s not then how are we making it?! For those coming, pls be advised that your cannot start work in Australia until you have started your program, even if you arrive 3months before, doing so is a bridge on your visa and to avoid stories that touch, buh it’s good to arrive few weeks to your start date so you can settle your accomodation, learn the routes, know how to catch the buses, train or trams etc and prepare your mind to attend heaps of job interviews and Finally hold enough cash to last you like 3months before you start working to enable you pay rent and transport, also carry enough local food stuffs ooo!.
One more thing watch Border Security Australia on YouTube to familiarise with how to package food stuffs your bringing into Australia cos those customs are strict and if you don’t declare the stuffs you can get a serious fine!.

8 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AlvinKem: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2017
PurpleG:

Thanks bro, God bless you.

No worries, I mailed you my digits, just buzz me and I’ll ring you back.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joyfree: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2017
Pls anyone in sydney, we need to know more about accomodation. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joyfree: 10:06am On Dec 19, 2017
AlvinKem:
It’s good to see that the trend is still on, I have heaps to write and address and pls bear with us all cos this Aussie life ain’t easy, busy schedule here and there.... quick one, for all the visa grants congrats and to the hopefuls keep your phone close and pray like never before.

Currently the standard for visa grant is high as Australia made changes to immigration rules, that doesn’t stop the grants coming in, my advice make use of all the information in this trend and don’t get tired of asking questions from ones with experience
If your application has passed the stated processing time and your start date is close, you have every right to mail or call and ask for the status of your application and reminding them that your start date is close, it doesn’t show any desperation on your part Buh if it’s not beyond the processing time just leave em, bear in mind they know about your start dates and would always process the pile of applications based on start dates, Read someone saying Adelaide is a forest or sumfin, pls for goodness sake we are in the age of google, why not get busy and read about the city, I’m in Adelaide and it’s a beautiful city, people get jobs and heaps of students are here surviving, if it’s not then how are we making it?! For those coming, pls be advised that your cannot start work in Australia until you have started your program, even if you arrive 3months before, doing so is a bridge on your visa and to avoid stories that touch, buh it’s good to arrive few weeks to your start date so you can settle your accomodation, learn the routes, know how to catch the buses, train or trams etc and prepare your mind to attend heaps of job interviews and Finally hold enough cash to last you like 3months before you start working to enable you pay rent and transport, also carry enough local food stuffs ooo!.
One more thing watch Border Security Australia on YouTube to familiarise with how to package food stuffs your bringing into Australia cos those customs are strict and if you don’t declare the stuffs you can get a serious fine!.
Pls I will like to know what kind of local food stuffs i can come with. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AlvinKem: 10:07am On Dec 19, 2017
Joyfree:
Pls anyone in sydney, we need to know more about accomodation. Thanks.

Not in Sydney buh I can tell you that you should prepare to stay in a backpacker for some weeks which is cheaper than hotel as you source for a house to rent since your coming with your family buh you coming alone then a shared house will also be better pending when you gain grounds and can rent a house, you would like to check www.gumtree.com.au
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AlvinKem: 10:10am On Dec 19, 2017
Joyfree:
Pls I will like to know what kind of local food stuffs i can come with. Thanks

Egusi, crayfish, ogbono, pepper soup spiece, etc Make sure they are blended, packed in a transparent plastic bag, sealed and labelled properly pls. You can get semo pondo garri fufu here
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Benitez05: 11:39am On Dec 19, 2017
AlvinKem:

AlvinKem:

Hello guys in this house.....Thank Goodness I found this page before forging ahead with my application....I am just so confused on what or where to start from .....I recently got a refusal from CIC recently and I wouldn't want to repeat the same mistake again....I sincerely hope I can get valuable advice from you guys

First, I got an offer from UNSW to study Petroleum engineering February 2018 intake...although my background is mechanical engineering with close to 6 years working experience in the oil and gas sector in nigeria, at worst, I was expecting a diploma in petroleum engineering with a conditional offer of the masters program.... Was shocked to see that what I was actually offered was a postgraduate certificate program with no attached conditional offer....considering my experience with CIC, I am really confused if my application would fly with this offer....this has affected my initial tuition payment because to receive is very easy and sweet but to refund....very hard....

Also, I intend to apply for my visa by first week of January if everything goes well but information I am getting from agents is it will be very late by then and I would probably need to defer my admission but surprisingly, from what I have gathered from this group is that visa application takes 36 to 50 days.... I sincerely hope I get a clarification about this here because I may re consider my options if my application would extend to July....

Furthermore, I understand that Sydney is quite an expensive city coupled with the fact that UNSW is a very expensive school....but I know we have lots of Nigerians there and of course they are surviving legally....so I guess I will survive too....I just hope I am not wrong....

Finally, I have seen some people make reference to AL1 schools and UNSW as one of them. Though I know not what that means but I would like to know if it has any effect in Visa applications

Thanks people for the good works.... God bless everyone here especially the big contributors here.....for those of us that are new here please ask questions but taking any leap....it's better to ask oh because you would most likely regret it if you don't.....I am speaking from experience oh. CIC don stain my beautiful passport with their yeye refusal and I cannot afford to get another ...lol...God bless everyone here
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ham334488: 2:24pm On Dec 19, 2017
Pls house when is teleperformance closing for the year
I need to submit my application this year ooooo
Help a brother.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 4:01pm On Dec 19, 2017
ham334488:
Pls house when is teleperformance closing for the year
I need to submit my application this year ooooo
Help a brother.
I hope you should be fine with all these informations provided for you

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ham334488: 4:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
[quote author=Solitin40 post=63428054]
I hope you should be fine with all these informations provided for you [/qhuote]

Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chimax1(m): 7:53pm On Dec 19, 2017
AlvinKem:

Egusi, crayfish, ogbono, pepper soup spiece, etc Make sure they are blended, packed in a transparent plastic bag, sealed and labelled properly pls. You can get semo pondo garri fufu here
sent you a pm bro. Can we talk please
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 8:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
Benitez05:

Hello guys in this house.....Thank Goodness I found this page before forging ahead with my application....I am just so confused on what or where to start from .....I recently got a refusal from CIC recently and I wouldn't want to repeat the same mistake again....I sincerely hope I can get valuable advice from you guys

You sure can smiley

First, I got an offer from UNSW to study Petroleum engineering February 2018 intake...although my background is mechanical engineering with close to 6 years working experience in the oil and gas sector in nigeria, at worst, I was expecting a diploma in petroleum engineering with a conditional offer of the masters program.... Was shocked to see that what I was actually offered was a postgraduate certificate program with no attached conditional offer....considering my experience with CIC, I am really confused if my application would fly with this offer....this has affected my initial tuition payment because to receive is very easy and sweet but to refund....very hard....

You may want to check this URL to see if you quality for a skilled visa http://deltaimmigration.com.au/Mechanical-Engineer/233512.htm

It's much better to come in as a skilled migrant than a student.

Hence, if you insist on coming in as a student you may want to furnish us more details on your program duration and your intentions after study hopefully we can advise further.

Also, I intend to apply for my visa by first week of January if everything goes well but information I am getting from agents is it will be very late by then and I would probably need to defer my admission but surprisingly, from what I have gathered from this group is that visa application takes 36 to 50 days.... I sincerely hope I get a clarification about this here because I may re consider my options if my application would extend to July....

It usually ideal to apply way in advance as it gives the immigration time to carry out their checks on you. Peraventure you get your visa within 3month or you may be adviced to defer for next intake.

Furthermore, I understand that Sydney is quite an expensive city coupled with the fact that UNSW is a very expensive school....but I know we have lots of Nigerians there and of course they are surviving legally....so I guess I will survive too....I just hope I am not wrong....

You are right, Sydney is expensive in terms of accommodation I suppose. But the benefits of living there are enermous. You may choose to move inner surbubs of Sydney, Wollongong or Central Coast were accommodation is cheaper but that will mean you have to commute to work and school daily. If you are single, you may want to consider living in a shared house

Finally, I have seen some people make reference to AL1 schools and UNSW as one of them. Though I know not what that means but I would like to know if it has any effect in Visa applications

AL = Assessment Level.
That is how the immigration access a genuine entrant base on country of origin and choice of course applied for.

For instance you have a degree and 6years of work experience and you decide to apply for a diploma course because of the cheap tuition fees, you would be assessed under level 3 even if your school is considered an AL1.
That will also mean you need to provide the immigration with sufficient documents to convince them you are a genuine entrant.

Thanks people for the good works.... God bless everyone here especially the big contributors here.....for those of us that are new here please ask questions but taking any leap....it's better to ask oh because you would most likely regret it if you don't.....I am speaking from experience oh. CIC don stain my beautiful passport with their yeye refusal and I cannot afford to get another ...lol...God bless everyone here

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cheekynero: 6:04pm On Dec 20, 2017
Whoop Whoop Whoop!!!!!!!

Visa is finally out.... All I can say is that its the Lords doing...Can't thank him enough.... Thanks to everyone who contributed and for your prayers even though we haven't met yet..

Timeline:

School: Flinders University.. Adelaide
Course: Masters in Environmental Management
Application submitted: 29th June,2017
Medicals: 4th July, 2017
Biometrics: 4th July, 2017
Deffered : 7th August to Feb 26th( Because visa no gree show)
Documents submitted;
Nigerian School certificates (Waec, Univeristy degree cert, Transcript)
National population commissions birth whatever
COE
OSHC
SOP
CV
Passport Data page
Yellow card
Letter of sponsorship (popsi)
Letter from previous place of employment

CO Contact; sometime in November, Request for additional information (updated Sponsor's SOA)

Grant 19th Dec, 2017

For all those still waiting, please don't lose hope and I wish you all the best. Anyone who can help a brother settle down in Adelaide as quickly as possible will be highly appreciated.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Asoasoaso: 6:50pm On Dec 20, 2017
cheekynero:
Whoop Whoop Whoop!!!!!!!

Visa is finally out.... All I can say is that its the Lords doing...Can't thank him enough.... Thanks to everyone who contributed and for your prayers even though we haven't met yet..

Timeline:

Documents submitted;
COE
OSHC
SOP
CV
Passport Data page
Yellow card

CO Contact; sometime in November, Request for additional information (updated Sponsor's SOA)

Grant 19th Dec, 2017

For all those still waiting, please don't lose hope and I wish you all the best. Anyone who can help a brother settle down in Adelaide as quickly as possible will be highly appreciated.

Congratulations Bro, dis kind of news we want here, I pray for other fellows eFamily will soon share their Good News here this year

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 7:13pm On Dec 20, 2017
Am so happy right now.
Congratulations to you my dear.
He is the covenant keeping God.
I decree and declare in Jesus name that testimonies shall continue to flow in the house!. Amen
cheekynero:
Whoop Whoop Whoop!!!!!!!

Timeline:

Documents submitted;
COE
OSHC
SOP
CV
Passport Data page
Yellow card

Grant 19th Dec, 2017

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bblessed: 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2017
cheekynero:
Whoop Whoop Whoop!!!!!!!

Timeline:

Documents submitted;
COE
OSHC
SOP
CV
Passport Data page
Yellow card

Grant 19th Dec, 2017

Congratulations more good news coming

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 7:30pm On Dec 20, 2017
cheekynero:
Whoop Whoop Whoop!!!!!!!

Timeline:

Documents submitted;
COE
OSHC
SOP
CV
Passport Data page
Yellow card

Grant 19th Dec, 2017

Gotta confess bro, I did a big happy dance on this one... Reflex aye! Wow, thank God.
Congratulations bro.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by PurpleG(f): 9:42pm On Dec 20, 2017
cheekynero:
Whoop Whoop Whoop!!!!!!!

Timeline:

Documents submitted;
COE
OSHC
SOP
CV
Passport Data page
Yellow card

Grant 19th Dec, 2017

Congrats bro.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by umechukwu4: 9:56pm On Dec 20, 2017
PurpleG:

Congrats bro.
Congrts bro.please let Ur success infect me ds Xmas.please I was requested today to upload yellow card and updated COE.please d yellow card is it certified or scanned original.and which page.pls assist Ur bros.thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by umechukwu4: 9:58pm On Dec 20, 2017
cheekynero:
Whoop Whoop Whoop!!!!!!!

Timeline:

Documents submitted;
COE
OSHC
SOP
CV
Passport Data page
Yellow card

Grant 19th Dec, 2017

Congrts bro.please let Ur success infect me ds Xmas.please I was requested today to upload yellow card and updated COE.please d yellow card is it certified or scanned original.and which page.pls assist Ur bros.thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 10:25pm On Dec 20, 2017
You have to upload the certified copy of your Yellow card.
I believe is the certified copy that you submitted when you were filling in your application. Rush now my dear and upload the certified copy of your Yellow Card with the updated COE as requested by DIBP.
You will testify in this house.
Your Grant is assured by God.
umechukwu4:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by umechukwu4: 10:37pm On Dec 20, 2017
Albion05:
You have to upload the certified copy of your Yellow card.
I believe is the certified copy that you submitted when you were filling in your application. Rush now my dear and upload the certified copy of your Yellow Card with the updated COE as requested by DIBP.
You will testify in this house.
Your Grant is assured by God.
ok thanks.I didn't submit during application dts y dey are demanding for it.Didnt know they will need it.So I should certify and submit.I was thnkn dey ve a way of verifying it.May be scanned original will be ok.And wot page should I certify pls?

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.