Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1250409 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lordkratos: 2:13am On May 23, 2018
Well i think you can change, but maybe schools differ on procedures. In my case, I enrolled for MBA but i changed to MIT in the first 2 weeks of my first semester.

nevicochidinma:
Hello Guys, I have been following this forum for a while, I realized that with Business Degree cant fetch you PR.

Am 24, I have 2yeaars work experience as a Document Controller and finance Personnel. I studied Accounting and finance with CGP of 3.91\4.0 (@ KNUST Ghana) I intend going for MSC in Accounting or Finance or Business Analysis. But seeing that Business degree cant fetch you PR, I want a change of Program.

Please can anyone/ gurus in the house recommend a good business related course that can fetch me a good job and importantly PR while I continue searching.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 3:14am On May 23, 2018
The question is too generic, Ph.D position in Aussie? Ph.D in what area of study. Moreso, having solved the issue of specific area of study, then you can simply put that into google and navigate your way through the search engine and I am sure you would get something. You might want to try this kind of search to obtain a streamlined and very specific result of your search: Ph.D+position+Australia+(your course of study). Cheers
konja44:
Guys any idea of a PhD position in Aussie? Please help
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by konja44: 12:21pm On May 23, 2018
Thanks very much my brother. let me give it a trial. God will bless you
fobak203:
The question is too generic, Ph.D position in Aussie? Ph.D in what area of study. Moreso, having solved the issue of specific area of study, then you can simply put that into google and navigate your way through the search engine and I am sure you would get something. You might want to try this kind of search to obtain a streamlined and very specific result of your search: Ph.D+position+Australia+(your course of study). Cheers
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 23, 2018
Good day all,
Please how do I cover my child dependent in my Overseas health cover? Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by matogbe: 2:35pm On May 23, 2018
[quote author=horlakay post=67787821][/quote]

Brodaly no probs, The truth is that, most engineering student study engineering management here, i.e like 4 in every 5 engineering student. Uptil now i still dont know the main reason apart from the easyness of the course compared to other engineering descipline such as Electrical and
Mechanical. They dont have test or exams, its just assignment, report and presentation you will doing almost every other week.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 23, 2018
90sretrogirl:
Good day all,
Please how do I cover my child dependent in my Overseas health cover? Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kayodeO1: 9:34pm On May 23, 2018
[quote author=90sretrogirl post=67808675]Good day all,
Please how do I cover my child dependent in my Overseas health

Pay for "single parent family cover" check with your insurance company for clarity. If you are including your partner, "pay for family health cover"
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 23, 2018
[quote author=kayodeO1 post=67820362][/quote]
Thanks a lot.. Which Insurance company did you use for yours?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by derrydinny: 12:37am On May 24, 2018
please seniors, help a junior

I want to study in Australia, computer science preferred, please how can I get admitted into a school with cheap tuition fees, and what are the documents I need? please help me undergraduate course o
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 3:23am On May 24, 2018
Fadareak:
Hi Guys, I want to pay my school fees for Deakin University. There is a payment gateway they have on the Portal. I want to find out if it is possible to pay with Master-card as advertised on the Western Union payment gateway from Nigeria. I have attached a screen shot of the Payment Portal.
Contact Austransaction it’s cheap and fast

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kayodeO1: 5:24am On May 24, 2018
90sretrogirl:

Thanks a lot.. Which Insurance company did you use for yours?

Bupa
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by goodguygonebad: 8:18am On May 24, 2018
adeoladele:
Use bcie ikeja lagos

Please check your DM. I need us to talk
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by adeoladele(m): 8:59am On May 24, 2018
Engladele at gmail dot com
goodguygonebad:

Please check your DM. I need us to talk
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tlontin(m): 9:03am On May 24, 2018
Pls I'm a graduate of civil Engineering with 3 years experience, I'm planning to do my masters at Australia and also to hustle tho. Gurus in the house, pls which cheap university and state to hustle, can I enrol for my Msc civil engineering technician. Streamline.
Note. I have around 10000Aud and someone that has around 12m in his account for SOA.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tlontin(m): 9:05am On May 24, 2018
Tlontin:
Pls I'm a graduate of civil Engineering with 3 years experience, I'm planning to do my masters at Australia and also to hustle tho. Gurus in the house, pls which cheap university and state to hustle, can I enrol for my Msc civil engineering technician. Streamline.
Note. I have around 10000Aud and someone that has around 12m in his account for SOA.
And what are the processes involved
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 12:57am On May 25, 2018
Most of the time, AL2 and AL3 schools, if there is any, are usually cheaper than AL1 schools. More so, schools outside of Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide can also be cheaper, Lastly, Lowly ranked schools might also be cheaper. In all of my insinuations, I stand to be corrected. If you can Google based on the keywords in my response, you should be clinching your choir schools based on cheap fees. However, you can go the PR way, its doable especially because you are in the engineering line, young and can ace IELTS. My two cents

Tlontin:

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 1:07am On May 25, 2018
See below. Additionally, cheap is relative in Aussie, so look before you leap especially when you mention BSc.
derrydinny:
please seniors, help a junior

I want to study in Australia, computer science preferred, please how can I get admitted into a school with cheap tuition fees, and what are the documents I need? please help me undergraduate course o
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tlontin(m): 3:12am On May 25, 2018
fobak203:
Most of the time, AL2 and AL3 schools, if there is any, are usually cheaper than AL1 schools. More so, schools outside of Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide can also be cheaper, Lastly, Lowly ranked schools might also be cheaper. In all of my insinuations, I stand to be corrected. If you can Google based on the keywords in my response, you should be clinching your choir schools based on cheap fees. However, you can go the PR way, its doable especially because you are in the engineering line, young and can ace IELTS. My two cents

Thanks so much...PR line? Can u tell me a little more on that?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nevicochidinma(f): 4:12pm On May 25, 2018
Thanks a lot. Please, what is the name of your school?

lordkratos:
Well i think you can change, but maybe schools differ on procedures. In my case, I enrolled for MBA but i changed to MIT in the first 2 weeks of my first semester.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 4:19am On May 26, 2018
Visit the thread DIY Guide to Permanent Residence to Australia, that's the newer version of the Old Permanent residence thread
Tlontin:

Thanks so much...PR line? Can u tell me a little more on that?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 4:57am On May 26, 2018
Where is theophilic? Pls send me a PM if you got this
theoophilic:
I have read more than half of the pages of this thread and I have learnt a lot already. However, I have some questions and I appreciate kind respond.

I have just been award scholarship for 1 year Master by Research + 3 Years PhD at Macquarie University.
1. Firstly, about English Language Proficiency. Will I still need to submit IELTS cert for Visa application? I am asking because, the IELTS I took in 2015 before going for my MSc in UK is valid for 2 year (till Dec 2017). It was still valid at the time I was applying to Macquarie but now, they may not be able to verify it online as its over 2 years.

2. Also, about GTE. How can proof my GTE further. My First Degree, MSc and this intended Research degree is Chemistry, and am fine by travel history – that is, I left UK immediately after my programme, 3 months before the end of my visa stay. However, I am not currently engaged in Nigeria. A job offer I had with a Federal University before going for my MSc has not been reinstated. Will that not dent my GTE? As in, will the fact that I have no job waiting for me here, not be seen that my condition doesn’t warrant coming back to?

3. Living in Sydney. For those leaning in Sydney already, please, is it possible to get accommodation as cheap as 100-150 AUD weekly close to the Uni? About what amount is the cheapest amount to live on in Sydney. The reason for this is that, I have financial responsibility to my siblings back here in Nigeria and I will have to send money home monthly from my monthly scholarship pay. I want to be sure that this will be feasible, while I still have some savings, if I end up not working to face studies, as I have to attain excellent performance to remain on the scholarship.

4. About work, I have seen many talk about care jobs and I will definitely consider the various advice… but is it possible to get anything close to teaching? Any level of education will be fine. That’s really what I have flair for.

5. Finally, is there no means of getting PR to Australia aside the listed skills? Chemistry isn’t there and I do not plan to change my study focus. Can’t one be considered for PR if for instance I got permanent lecturing job during or after the 4 years post study visa I ll get after my PhD?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nogara: 3:58pm On May 27, 2018
Happy Sunday pals. I pray this day that all visa grant hopefuls will receive their expedited grant in Jesus name. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by adeomoade: 4:20pm On May 27, 2018
Good day, can anyone suggest the best route to get PR in Australia for someone with BSc in Economics? The person is willing to for MSc or other courses to achieve PR. Thank you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kennynelcon(m): 10:49pm On May 27, 2018
Hello
Anyone applying/got Experience with application at University of Queensland (HDR)?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrsCB: 11:53pm On May 27, 2018
lawland:
He doesn't need a return ticket..

Thanks for your reply.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by crucifixio80: 6:52am On May 28, 2018
nogara:
Happy Sunday pals. I pray this day that all visa grant hopefuls will receive their expedited grant in Jesus name. Amen.

Amen

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zan1999: 12:01pm On May 28, 2018
Pls I need help regarding Upfront medical. What do I need to do after submitting Health Declaration Form.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lokun2: 6:48pm On May 28, 2018
kennynelcon:
Hello
Anyone applying/got Experience with application at University of Queensland (HDR)?
what's your question
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kennynelcon(m): 7:14pm On May 28, 2018
lokun2:
what's your question
A supervisor accepted me for (MPhil), must I apply through an agent/agency, because there is a tab to fill that.
I also noticed I was not asked to pay application fee
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lokun2: 10:28pm On May 28, 2018
kennynelcon:

A supervisor accepted me for (MPhil), must I apply through an agent/agency, because there is a tab to fill that.
I also noticed I was not asked to pay application fee
try email the supervisor to know the next course of action. Most of the UQ faculty are quite responsive but I don't know if you are still going to pay the app fee. I don't think it's necessary you apply through agents but get your certificate notarized. It save you lot of stress once your admission letter come out if you DIY.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kennynelcon(m): 10:34pm On May 28, 2018
lokun2:
try email the supervisor to know the next course of action. Most of the UQ faculty are quite responsive but I don't know if you are still going to pay the app fee. I don't think it's necessary you apply through agents but get your certificate notarized. It save you lot of stress once your admission letter come out if you DIY.
Thank You
He only said I should go ahead and apply, mention him in all my applications and he mentioned two areas we can work on
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lokun2: 11:23pm On May 28, 2018
kennynelcon:

Thank You
He only said I should go ahead and apply, mention him in all my applications and he mentioned two areas we can work on
ok bro go ahead and apply. UQ accept DIY but you have to pay app fee and please write a convincing personal statement. Goodluck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.