Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,932 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1246387 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 9:08am On Apr 28, 2020
alao1981:
Thanks. I proved home ties by showing I have a thriving business here and my partners will be managing it whilst I am away. I also provided evidence of real estate properties I have. No, I will not be travelling during this virus outbreak. Will defer to July resumption.

(1) Please how were you able to convince them about your thriving business? Did you present financial statements, Bank statements or any documents?

(2) What evidence did you present for the real estate? Building registration, valuers certifications, Photographs? what exactly?

I have a registered limited liability company, but i have not stated operations. How do I use this in my own case?

I have a 90% completed bungalow in my village in the east. How can I use this to prove home ties?

I have over #6m in my IBTC pension account, can this be used also to prove home ties?

Please educate me.

Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by alao1981: 12:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
Naijabad:

(1) Please how were you able to convince them about your thriving business? Did you present financial statements, Bank statements or any documents?

(2) What evidence did you present for the real estate? Building registration, valuers certifications, Photographs? what exactly?

I have a registered limited liability company, but i have not stated operations. How do I use this in my own case?

I have a 90% completed bungalow in my village in the east. How can I use this to prove home ties?

I have over #6m in my IBTC pension account, can this be used also to prove home ties?

Please educate me.

Thanks.

See responses as follows:

(1) Yes, I presented financial statements relating to the business as well as details of clients the company works with.

(2) I just provided copies of the deed of assignment. I did not put valuation certificates, building registrations etc. Please note however that the visa officer is not relying on the value of the assets in my own case to check whether I have funding. It was to check for home ties. So, someone who is trying to use building to prove funding may have to provide valuation certificates.

3) You can use the company that has not started operations by showing that the kind of business the company is planning to do is a great business in the future.

4) Include the receipt of purchase or any document you have showing you are the owner of the uncompleted building.

5) Yes, you can use your pension evidence for home times.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 2:29pm On Apr 28, 2020
alao1981:
See responses as follows:

(1) Yes, I presented financial statements relating to the business as well as details of clients the company works with.

(2) I just provided copies of the deed of assignment. I did not put valuation certificates, building registrations etc. Please note however that the visa officer is not relying on the value of the assets in my own case to check whether I have funding. It was to check for home ties. So, someone who is trying to use building to prove funding may have to provide valuation certificates.

3) You can use the company that has not started operations by showing that the kind of business the company is planning to do is a great business in the future.

4) Include the receipt of purchase or any document you have showing you are the owner of the uncompleted building.

5) Yes, you can use your pension evidence for home times.

Thank you so much. I appreciate.

One more question, the deed of assignment you presented was for land, am I correct?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by superplus(m): 6:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hi all. I already have a masters degree by coursework which is sufficient to get me a direct PhD offer. However, I want to apply for master by research or Mphil as I believe I will stand a better chance of securing Research Scholarship. I feel PhD scholarship may be too competitive. Can I do a second masters in Australia?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by alao1981: 9:32am On Apr 29, 2020
Naijabad:

Thank you so much. I appreciate.

One more question, the deed of assignment you presented was for land, am I correct?
Yes, it was for undeveloped land in Ibadan.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2020
Hello everyone!

Thanks to all those who has been sharing their experiences and knowledge here.

I have a B.A. in History & International Studies but with an experience in the media.
I want to apply to Deakin University for Masters in Communication or Public Relation for Trimester 3 (November) and have contacted an agent BCIE.

The agent said I can apply without an English test. On the other hand, I have an English Proficiency Certificate from my undergraduate Uni. (NAU/Unizik).

My maternal uncle is my sponsor.

My questions are;
1. Am I going to face difficulties in my course of choice.
2. Will I face challenges without providing an English Test.
3. I'll be married in few months, how do I include him as a dependent should incase he wants to visit or join me afterwards.

Thank you...

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Smile4mee01: 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2020

If your immediate plan is to stay in Australia, check if your course is on the skilled list.

I think it's better you do your IELTS. Even if the school gives u admission, the embassy might view it as a red flag.

It's ok to mention your man.... but you might need to show proof of relation like a marriage certificate. I am pretty new here...but I can say Melbourne is cool. I am in Melbourne as well.

All the best. Wait on the elders here to advice you.

NB... it's often cool if couples come here together. The other can work full time while the student part time. In no time u both are good.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 8:05pm On Apr 29, 2020
Smile4mee01:

If your immediate plan is to stay in Australia, check if your course is on the skilled list.

I think it's better you do your IELTS. Even if the school gives u admission, the embassy might view it as a red flag.

It's ok to mention your man.... but you might need to show proof of relation like a marriage certificate. I am pretty new here...but I can say Melbourne is cool. I am in Melbourne as well.

NB... it's often cool if couples come here together. The other can work full time while the student part time. In no time u both are good.

Thanks a lot for your response.
Marriage registry certificate will be provided before my visa application but hope am safe with my maternal uncle's sponsorship.

BCIE is cool for me too, I contacted their PortHarcout office and the lady in charge over there seems very good.

I'll meet you at Melbourne soon sir...��‍♀️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jmanity: 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
Smile4mee01:

Hello, Are you on scholarship? I will love to do my master's in Australia but funds is my main issue.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 2:03pm On Apr 30, 2020
1. Write a convincing SOP and you should be fine
2. It’s advisable you have it even if the school waived it. Immigration can be so unpredictable atimes and might ask.
3. Make sure you fill his name in your application

As for your sponsor, provide all documents that’s shows your relationship to him and to your mom including pictures if you have.

VickayThrills:
Hello everyone!

Thanks to all those who has been sharing their experiences and knowledge here.

I have a B.A. in History & International Studies but with an experience in the media.
I want to apply to Deakin University for Masters in Communication or Public Relation for Trimester 3 (November) and have contacted an agent BCIE.

The agent said I can apply without an English test. On the other hand, I have an English Proficiency Certificate from my undergraduate Uni. (NAU/Unizik).

My maternal uncle is my sponsor.

My questions are;
1. Am I going to face difficulties in my course of choice.
2. Will I face challenges without providing an English Test.
3. I'll be married in few months, how do I include him as a dependent should incase he wants to visit or join me afterwards.

Thank you...

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 2:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
Sadly it’s very hard to get full scholarship at masters level in Australia.
The schools needs your funds.
jmanity:

Hello, Are you on scholarship? I will love to do my master's in Australia but funds is my main issue.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tourphland(m): 2:47am On May 01, 2020
Good day House,

I’m interested in masters in law, i want to know the prospective with such masters as (it’s 1year) and i intends to stay back after study. Will it be possible?

Also as a lawyer in Nigeria if masters in law won’t work out for me or is not lucrative, what other masters are good and that can help one get post study visa, or apply for pr
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ebere272: 4:55am On May 01, 2020
Any female residing in Brisbane that would like to meet up, let me know...lock down boredom��
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 9:27am On May 01, 2020
ebere272:
Any female residing in Brisbane that would like to meet up, let me know...lock down boredom��

Is Australia still in lockdown?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Smile4mee01: 9:54am On May 01, 2020
Yeap. Partial Lockdown.

Naijabad:

Is Australia still in lockdown?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ebere272: 10:15am On May 01, 2020
[quote author=Naijabad post=89054503]

Is Australia still in lockdown?[/quote

Partially
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 6:45pm On May 01, 2020
Kindly check the SOL list to see the potential PR discipline list.
Also don’t sun for a 1yr course as it won’t qualify you for post study visa.
Always aim for 2years and above.
tourphland:
Good day House,

I’m interested in masters in law, i want to know the prospective with such masters as (it’s 1year) and i intends to stay back after study. Will it be possible?

Also as a lawyer in Nigeria if masters in law won’t work out for me or is not lucrative, what other masters are good and that can help one get post study visa, or apply for pr
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rolishair: 7:23pm On May 01, 2020
travelgal:

congratulations on your visa grant and thank you for sharing your journey.

Writing my SOP has not been easy ,I have been battling with it for sometime. I'll appreciate it if you can share yours with me. I just received my COE to James Cook Uni and I am about to apply for my visa. Course of study is MSW Social works. I have a degree in Law and a few years experience in Social works. I am married with kids but I am applying without my dependents for now.Thank you
hello, please I saw this and it interest me but am confuse on who to qoute please is it possible you share his tip with me cos I studied microbiology also and am looking at doing Masters in social work or a diploma in nursing ...sop might be a challenge for me...
Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rolishair: 7:25pm On May 01, 2020
[quote author=BadmanJoso post=87939004][/quote] congratulations bro ,

Studied same course with you and hoping to do same masters or a diploma in nursing � please can you share some tips with me on sop and the rest ... As I have never worked with microbiology and I graduated 10years ago
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AyaE: 1:42pm On May 02, 2020
rolishair:
hello, please I saw this and it interest me but am confuse on who to qoute please is it possible you share his tip with me cos I studied microbiology also and am looking at doing Masters in social work or a diploma in nursing ...sop might be a challenge for me...
Thanks

Might be me. Send me an email

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rolishair: 1:10am On May 03, 2020
AyaE:

Might be me. Send me an email
thanks for your reply sent you a message already
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrsCB: 12:27pm On May 03, 2020
rolishair:
Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 7:40pm On May 03, 2020
Thanks a lot for your response.
I really appreciate sir...
Softkey:
1. Write a convincing SOP and you should be fine
2. It’s advisable you have it even if the school waived it. Immigration can be so unpredictable atimes and might ask.
3. Make sure you fill his name in your application

As for your sponsor, provide all documents that’s shows your relationship to him and to your mom including pictures if you have.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 8:40am On May 05, 2020
Is there any likelihood of Australian authorities allowing new students in this year? I am aware no body is allowed into the country cause of Covid-19.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hustla(m): 7:24pm On May 05, 2020
Naijabad:
Is there any likelihood of Australian authorities allowing new students in this year? I am aware no body is allowed into the country cause of Covid-19.

Maybe around August - Nov. They probably will allow students only from New Zealand

smiley
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olivertripzz: 1:02am On May 09, 2020
Please, I studied Physics Education Bsc Ed. and I'll love to have my masters in Medical Physics and also love to have it in Aussie.. I actually finished with a CGPA of 2.75 thereabout... What's my chances of admission, what's the application procedure.
And what are the possible school suggestions for me...
And How marketable is the course over there?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bellong: 1:11am On May 09, 2020
tourphland:
Good day House,

Go through the course or department's website to identify which of the courses will qualify you to be registered with the Law society of that state post study. If the course can give you opportunity to be registered and called to the bar in the state, you are on the pathway to PR as a solicitor or Barrister.

If the course or program will not give you membership of the Law society, it is a waste of resources. If your aim is to stay post study, you must have a plan from now.

A lot of people grab any course just to get to Australia and then take many years to find directions while some end up being sent back home.

Don't let any agent deceive you into study any course to get the visa. Most of the time it ends in tears.

Goodluck
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bellong: 1:15am On May 09, 2020
Olivertripzz:
Please, I studied Physics Education Bsc Ed. and I'll love to have my masters in Medical Physics and also love to have it in Aussie.. I actually finished with a CGPA of 2.75 thereabout... What's my chances of admission, what's the application procedure.
And what are the possible school suggestions for me...
And How marketable is the course over there?

When did you graduate? Do you have experience as a teacher?

You are a science teacher if you have experience. You will be better off starting the PR process than committing millions to school when your end game is PR. It is easier from the outside most of the times than applying onshore because you have all the states to apply for nomination. People onshore can only get nomination in state of residence except they have a job offer in another state or relocate.

Check the PR thread and read the process.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bellong: 1:16am On May 09, 2020
Naijabad:

Until international flight restriction is lifted, no foreigner can fly in. The earliest that can happen is in August considering that the three phases of easing restrictions was released yesterday
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bellong: 1:25am On May 09, 2020
Heltinking:
What's the GIS industry like in Australia? can masters in GIS enables PR?

Definitely

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by smith042: 10:07am On May 09, 2020
Naijabad:
Hello everyone,

I just joined this great forum. I can say that you guys are doing a great job passing awesome information.
Keep it up.

Please I have a question that is currently bothering me. Someone should please clear me before I make a mistake.

I just got my admission letter from UTAS for academic session starting July 2020.

I want to defer it to next session starting February 2021 for the following reasons:

A) short notice.

B) covid 19 and lockdown issues.

My agent is suggesting I pay the commitment fees to obtain my COE before I can defer the admission.

I am confused here because, I know VISA period is based on the date on the COE.

Cant the admission be deferred without paying any fees? I want to get a new admission letter stating february 2021 before I can pay commitment fees.
How far we’re u Dey go like make you link me with you agent want to study in Australia

Please advice on the ways out of this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: ROSSYZ(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.