Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1255601 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnHadey: 11:35am On May 09, 2020
Naijabad:
Is there any likelihood of Australian authorities allowing new students in this year? I am aware no body is allowed into the country cause of Covid-19.

Yes there is a likely possibility by July.

https://amp.sbs.com.au/v1/article/scott-morrison-opens-the-door-for-international-students-to-return-to-australia/fd09138c-1865-4585-b467-b7d0a26824d9?amp=1

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnHadey: 11:40am On May 09, 2020
smith042:
Hello everyone,

I just joined this great forum. I can say that you guys are doing a great job passing awesome information.
Keep it up.

Please I have a question that is currently bothering me. Someone should please clear me before I make a mistake.

I just got my admission letter from UTAS for academic session starting July 2020.

I want to defer it to next session starting February 2021 for the following reasons:

A) short notice.

B) covid 19 and lockdown issues.

My agent is suggesting I pay the commitment fees to obtain my COE before I can defer the admission.

I am confused here because, I know VISA period is based on the date on the COE.

Cant the admission be deferred without paying any fees? I want to get a new admission letter stating february 2021 before I can pay commitment fees.
How far we’re u Dey go like make you link me with you agent want to study in Australia

Please advice on the ways out of this.

You can follow your agents advice if you are 100% sure there wont be a change of plans later on.
You only have a conditional offer atm, it may be better you secure your spot by paying your fees = being enrolled in your course. After, you can defer your starting to January and get a new COE for Visa application.

Since you have admission, why dont you follow through with full payment for your COE and apply for visa if you can? You can still meet July entry. The Government is contemplating on opening the border for international students by July. I believe they would actually open the borders because international students are the cash cows of Australian education. They need IS fees to run effectively. If they will open the border for IS by july, i presume grants will be granted easily because of the imminent reduction in the number of student visa application and the desperate need of IS money to kickstart the declining economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sandysilver: 3:15pm On May 10, 2020
Hi everyone, i am new here. I am considering getting into Australia through school. The problem is how to apply with my 3 kids, the agent at Pfl said i should apply alone so i can get visa, and after 6mths i can apply to bring them over. Please who has gotten visa with kids?

Is there high denial rate with kids?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raymum: 5:49pm On May 10, 2020
sandysilver:
Hi everyone, i am new here. I am considering getting into Australia through school. The problem is how to apply with my 3 kids, the agent at Pfl said i should apply alone so i can get visa, and after 6mths i can apply to bring them over. Please who has gotten visa with kids?

Is there high denial rate with kids?

I got a grant with a kid. In your case you are talking about three children, so, I really can't say much whether it will reduce your chances. But I must tell you that unless you already have a strong support system in Aussie and have plenty of money, combining study with care for your children would be challenging.

However, if you are a single parent and have proof and custody of your children I think adding them to your application is not a big deal.
If you decide to include them in your application, ensure their father fill consent form( you will find this form in immi website).

Lastly, most agent don't tell you the implications of most issues in the application process because they need your money-period. So, research and ask questions esp here on nairaland- lots of good folks here.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 8:00pm On May 10, 2020
Raymum:

I got a grant with a kid. In your case you are talking about three children, so, I really can't say much whether it will reduce your chances. But I must tell you that unless you already have a strong support system in Aussie and have plenty of money, combining study with care for your children would be challenging.

However, if you are a single parent and have proof and custody of your children I think adding them to your application is not a big deal.
If you decide to include them in your application, ensure their father fill consent form( you will find this form in immi website).

Lastly, most agent don't tell you the implications of most issues in the application process because they need your money-period. So, research and ask questions esp here on nairaland- lots of good folks here.

Good comment.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sandysilver: 10:09pm On May 10, 2020
Thanks for your response. My hubby has a business here so he cannot leave it, his plan is to visit us till we get papers, after which we return back to naija. Please can i send you a mail?
Raymum:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raymum: 2:11am On May 11, 2020
sandysilver:
Thanks for your response. My hubby has a business here so he cannot leave it, his plan is to visit us till we get papers, after which we return back to naija. Please can i send you a mail?

Sure!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 5:35am On May 11, 2020
sandysilver:

Why go to Australia in the first place when you plan returning back to Nigeria after getting papers

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tpain22: 6:25am On May 11, 2020
Once she has her papers they can come and go as they wish, Getting a second citizenship is the goal, Depending on what you have on ground in Nigeria, if you have a good business or company that make alot then there's definitely many reasons to stay behind. If you have not noticed the wealthy always lives in Nigeria, as an entrepreneur Nigerian is a paradise compare to setting up over there.

@Sandysilver: Like she said you need to have a good support system in Australia, You must be able to explain how you intend to study and care for the kids at same time, like Daycare or schooling, you need to have done all this research already. Financially you should be able to prove this as well

Naijabad:

Why go to Australia in the first place when you plan returning back to Nigeria after getting papers
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sandysilver: 11:51am On May 11, 2020
You said it all. Getting the papers is actually whats pushing us. As for the finance, school fees has been saved up. The issue now is daycare and handling 3kids by myself. I will cross the bridge when i get there, will keep doing my research.
tpain22:
Once she has her papers they can come and go as they wish, Getting a second citizenship is the goal, Depending on what you have on ground in Nigeria, if you have a good business or company that make alot then there's definitely many reasons to stay behind. If you have not noticed the wealthy always lives in Nigeria, as an entrepreneur Nigerian is a paradise compare to setting up over there.

@Sandysilver: Like she said you need to have a good support system in Australia, You must be able to explain how you intend to study and care for the kids at same time, like Daycare or schooling, you need to have done all this research already. Financially you should be able to prove this as well

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by obainojazz(m): 12:24pm On May 11, 2020
sandysilver:
You said it all. Getting the papers is actually whats pushing us. As for the finance, school fees has been saved up. The issue now is daycare and handling 3kids by myself. I will cross the bridge when i get there, will keep doing my research.
grin You have not Jam assignments.. you need you hubby or someone beside you..

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raymum: 5:40pm On May 11, 2020
obainojazz:
grin You have not Jam assignments.. you need you hubby or someone beside you..

When I read this comment, I laughed tire. I am hoping Sandysilver send me a message so I will explain some of my experiences so she can prepare for the journey ahead. But for the sake of those who might find this info useful in future, I will say some things here-

Coming to Aussie as a student with kid(s) is challenging raise to the power of 50 if your partner is not accompanying you.
If you choose to add your children make sure you add your spouse as well, you need him/her here to cope because the system here is entirely different. Unless you already have family here(but dem nor even fit help u sef, everybody dey hustle) to care for your children while you study, ONLY ASSIGNMENTS GO FINISH YOU, you go forget say you born. Assignment here is not copy and paste o, no plagiarism, it's real work and deadline.

Secondly, ensure you have PLENTY of money to pay for daycare/schooling and/or informal nanny to help out, otherwise, you will face the toughest time in your marriage and pour frustration on your sweet kid(s). The ''suffering abroad is digital if you don't come prepared.

For those forming akpobi that they will get a job to survive with their children while studying, please don't rely on it.

If I have to start all over, I will add my partner and take the risk, biko. Highest if dem deny us, we face another direction, life kontinu.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sandysilver: 9:45pm On May 11, 2020
I dnt even know what to say. Someone adviced i go without my kids and visit naija every 4mths. I dnt know if i can that. Can i go with a nanny from Naija?
Raymum:

When I read this comment, I laughed tire. I am hoping Sandysilver send me a message so I will explain some of my experiences so she can prepare for the journey ahead. But for the sake of those who might find this info useful in future, I will say some things here-

Coming to Aussie as a student with kid(s) is challenging raise to the power of 50 if your partner is not accompanying you.
If you choose to add your children make sure you add your spouse as well, you need him/her here to cope because the system here is entirely different. Unless you already have family here(but dem nor even fit help u sef, everybody dey hustle) to care for your children while you study, ONLY ASSIGNMENTS GO FINISH YOU, you go forget say you born. Assignment here is not copy and paste o, no plagiarism, it's real work and deadline.

Secondly, ensure you have PLENTY of money to pay for daycare/schooling and/or informal nanny to help out, otherwise, you will face the toughest time in your marriage and pour frustration on your sweet kid(s). The ''suffering abroad is digital if you don't come prepared.

For those forming akpobi that they will get a job to survive with their children while studying, please don't rely on it.

If I have to start all over, I will add my partner and take the risk, biko. Highest if dem deny us, we face another direction, life kontinu.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by obainojazz(m): 11:22pm On May 11, 2020
Raymum:

People need to know what to expect here grin
You'll do assignment, you'd think you the cause of the problems the world is facing grin
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnHadey: 12:19am On May 12, 2020
sandysilver:
I dnt even know what to say. Someone adviced i go without my kids and visit naija every 4mths. I dnt know if i can that. Can i go with a nanny from Naija?

No, you cant travel with a Nanny from Nigeria. As people have mentioned, are you financially ready? Pay school fees, show the funds for yourself and kids, and you will actually need that funds when you get to Australia. Apart from general up keep $3,500 per year/child, you have to show funds for any child above 5years(school age) and it is illegal to keep them out of school for more than 12weeks. So you must enrol them and spend on compulsory supplies, excursions, camp,... If they are not up to to school age, no government help on student visa, the very basic standard childcare service is $80-$110/day/child.
With a decent minimalist calculation, you will need at least $50,000/year on your 3kids excluding your own school fees and expenses.

I will advise you include them in your application but state they are not traveling with you.
Travel, settle down, your hubby can do the visit. When you have progressed with your study, maybe after a year, you can think of a good reason maybe homesickness or anything that will make sense to visa officers with evidence of your study progression, then apply for your eldest child. You can bring the remaining 2 in with post study visa. But it will still be very stressful with 3kids on your own even after school, you will need your husband except he his ready to keep pumping the $$$ and your only job will be looking after the kids.

Reevaluate your options and expenses and if your husband is very rich enough you can get your PR through investor scheme with $1.5m.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sandysilver: 12:57am On May 12, 2020
Why is upkeep for kids so expensive. Do you have an idea how much sch fees for a child of 6 cost? My husband can not join me in Australia, hunger will just kill us, he can't even spend 2mths outside Naija without thinking of his businesses. Canada is flexible for me, i guess i will look towards that direction.

quote author=johnHadey post=89449674]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by obainojazz(m): 2:55am On May 12, 2020
sandysilver:
Why is upkeep for kids so expensive. Do you have an idea how much sch fees for a child of 6 cost? My husband can not join me in Australia, hunger will just kill us, he can't even spend 2mths outside Naija without thinking of his businesses. Canada is flexible for me, i guess i will look towards that direction.

Your husband is the key to everything here, if he's earning well in Nigeria... then maybe he should stay..
But if he follows you guys here.. he's gonna earn a lot.. You can work your own 20 hours per week on student visa and sort little bills like rent and food while your hubby work full hours and pay forthe bigger ones.
In this country... Guys are earning 300k in naira per week... Makes salary in Nigeria look like joke
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sandysilver: 6:13am On May 12, 2020
Its not possible, besides i plan on returning to Naija after getting papers. My husband makes more than 300k weekly. The worst case is naira has been devalued, and i will need over 50m for my fees, kids fees and expenses.
[quote author=obainojazz post=89451000]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raymum: 7:26am On May 12, 2020
sandysilver:
Its not possible, besides i plan on returning to Naija after getting papers. My husband makes more than 300k weekly. The worst case is naira has been devalued, and i will need over 50m for my fees, kids fees and expenses.

I want to believe that your request is receiving much attention because children are involved. The good thing in Nairaland is that we demystify the things agents don't tell you. The purpose is not to scare or discourage you, but for you to know the reality ahead and adequately prepare for it because in my opinion, the bridge crossing must be done first to avoid ''story that touch''

I understand how difficult it is for mothers to leave their children behind, esp, if you don't have trusted hands back home to help. because for me, it's only your mother or mother-in-law that can 100% care for your children in your absence. That is, if they are still strong to help out. Our men are great carers but they are not design to watch out for some things while caring for children.

So, my sister, discuss with hubby so that he will prepare financially for everything and you on your path should prepare emotionally.
Another thing is, you are going to miss your partner like kilode... Many lonely days...so difficult to explain.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by obainojazz(m): 7:55am On May 12, 2020
sandysilver:
When you get the paper.. you'll have to stay three years without leaving to keep it... Australia is easier than Canada.. those guys in Kenya no get joy.. Look for a good registered agents, they'll help you well..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tpain22: 11:02am On May 12, 2020
How affordable is day care in Melbourne, I heard some public Daycare are cheaper and flexible how true is this?How visible is it to work and pay for day care 5days a week for mothers who are not schooling?

sandysilver:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sandysilver: 12:50pm On May 12, 2020
Yes i am aware. That's why it makes sense going to school. Canada is easier if you are young.
obainojazz:
When you get the paper.. you'll have to stay three years without leaving to keep it... Australia is easier than Canada.. those guys in Kenya no get joy.. Look for a good registered agents, they'll help you well..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sandysilver: 12:53pm On May 12, 2020
I am really interested in finding out the exact amount. What time does school close, is ther after school service?
tpain22:
How affordable is day care in Melbourne, I heard some public Daycare are cheaper and flexible how true is this?How visible is it to work and pay for day care 5days a week for mothers who are not schooling?

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raymum: 2:18pm On May 12, 2020
sandysilver:
Please i sent you a mail, thanks

I saw it, I replied with a 'SURE!'
You can send me a message as a reply to that.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ufodeking: 6:41pm On May 12, 2020
I applied for admission at Macquarie University for Master's degree, which will commence on 27 July 2020 (Session 2), studying online is the only option the offered me. should I defer the offer to the next available intake or is there any possibility that there will be lockdown lift before July 2020.
My aim is to acquire PR after my studies. Please I need your advice.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olivertripzz: 12:02am On May 13, 2020
bellong:

When did you graduate? Do you have experience as a teacher?

You are a science teacher if you have experience. You will be better off starting the PR process than committing millions to school when your end game is PR. It is easier from the outside most of the times than applying onshore because you have all the states to apply for nomination. People onshore can only get nomination in state of residence except they have a job offer in another state or relocate.

Check the PR thread and read the process.

Thanks Alot

I actually finished 2017 and ever since I have been working in the Bank..

Though, I have practised during my NYSC days and TP.. Besides I also have other skills like Graphics and 3D Animation
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by darkdav002: 3:22am On May 13, 2020
[quote author=johnHadey post=89352923]

You can follow your agents advice if you are 100% sure there wont be a change of plans later on.
You only have a conditional offer atm, it may be better you secure your spot by paying your fees = being enrolled in your course. After, you can defer your starting to January and get a new COE for Visa application.

I am in a similar situation , got admission in UTAS and deakins but my sponsor is retired and retired very well. My agent says it might be a problem . secondly if I want to use another sponsor must we share the surname name

please I would appreciate any advice

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.