Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,010 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1247038 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by GreeNET: 11:44pm On May 23, 2020
Pls sir I will also need a sample of your sop. Thanks

Please bro I will need a samle of your sop. Thanks and God bless the rest of your journey[/quote]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by SilaV: 11:57pm On May 23, 2020
Hello everyone, I have a quick question. Is IELTS required before one can apply for assessment with Engineer Australia? Again, can a fresh graduate with limited professional experience use the projects done in school to write a CDR? Thanks for your time.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Geodamsel: 9:50pm On May 25, 2020
Good evening everyone. I have been following the thread for quite some time now and it took me this long to make a decision. I am a graduate of Geology(2.2) from a Federal University(2009) and do not have a job experience except the 6-months IT. I started a business right after I finished school, got married and had kids. Relocated with my kids to the UAE at some point to be with my estranged husband and came back to Nigeria few years back. I registered a company while I was in the UAE and started a business when I came back to Nigeria again. Due to so many factors, major reason being that quality of life in Nigeria is expensive and you don't even get the quality of what you're paying for, I have decided I move to Australia/Canada with my kids with Australia being my major preference, away from this country, the drama and endless issues so as to start afresh.

But my issue is that what options are available for me to relocate to Australia with 2 kids? I will really appreciate any advise here as I know most are based on work experience and all but I don't mind studying first as long as my kids and I have a sane life. Please help, will be looking forward to responses and suggestions. Thank you.

NB: Will be posting this on other Australia threads.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 9:01am On May 26, 2020
Geodamsel:
Good evening everyone. I have been following the thread for quite some time now and it took me this long to make a decision. I am a graduate of Geology(2.2) from a Federal University(2009) and do not have a job experience except the 6-months IT. I started a business right after I finished school, got married and had kids. Relocated with my kids to the UAE at some point to be with my estranged husband and came back to Nigeria few years back. I registered a company while I was in the UAE and started a business when I came back to Nigeria again. Due to so many factors, major reason being that quality of life in Nigeria is expensive and you don't even get the quality of what you're paying for, I have decided I move to Australia/Canada with my kids with Australia being my major preference, away from this country, the drama and endless issues so as to start afresh.

But my issue is that what options are available for me to relocate to Australia with 2 kids? I will really appreciate any advise here as I know most are based on work experience and all but I don't mind studying first as long as my kids and I have a sane life. Please help, will be looking forward to responses and suggestions. Thank you.

NB: Will be posting this on other Australia threads.

One of the options open to you that I know of is to migrate on student visa. You will have to look for a good school in regional area and apply for admission.

You need a lot of money to be able to sustain yourself and two kids. In fact, your proof of fund should be in the neighbourhood of #15m. Hope your hubby will be willing to support you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ufodeking: 1:09am On May 27, 2020
Good day everyone, is there any information about when flight travelling will commence in Australia (basically for international student)?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 4:10am On May 27, 2020
Ufodeking:
Good day everyone, is there any information about when flight travelling will commence in Australia (basically for international student)?
Below is an article that might give you some insight. I think it will depend on how each country is able to contain the virus, i.e low infection rates, high testing rates and an ability to deal with outbreaks.

https://go8.edu.au/in-the-media-universities-propose-secure-corridor-rules-for-international-students
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by valveraaaa: 9:51am On May 27, 2020
This is nice,but will it favour july intake?
NB1912:

Below is an article that might give you some insight. I think it will depend on how each country is able to contain the virus, i.e low infection rates, high testing rates and an ability to deal with outbreaks.

https://go8.edu.au/in-the-media-universities-propose-secure-corridor-rules-for-international-students
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ufodeking: 12:47pm On May 27, 2020
NB1912:

Thanks for your prompt reply, according to what I read in this link, lockdown lift will commence by next year 2021.
There no hope for session 2, 2020 (July intake) international student to enter Australia this year?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 7:17pm On May 27, 2020
I want to use BCIE...

Thanks a lot for the response.
Smile4mee01:
If you come from the streets in Nigeria, any school will do as you enter.

Anyways, Monash is a top university o. Go check their reviews, standard uni. IELTS academic can be tricky, so please prepare well. I go an average of 7 when i did mine, but i have lost the materials as my laptop crashed.

Keep your head up.

Australia needs international students more than you need them, then as per your course just write a tight SOP you should be good, try and tidy an red flag, hope u are using a sound agent that way they can help you better. Good luck bro.

Blessed.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 7:21pm On May 27, 2020
Hello!
Hope you're good and safe?
I want to send you and email please...

Will be waiting for your response.
Thank you...
AyaE:
Hello Guys, my grant just came in today!!!!
Thanks to everyone who has contributed on this thread one way or the other on this thread. It has helped immensely.
My time line:
Submitted application-31st July 2019
Conditional offer- 15th July 2019
CoE- 24th November 2019
Biometrics- 27th December 2019
Submitted Visa Application- 25th January 2020
IELTS Score- 7.0 (I had a minimum band score of 7.0 so my average was 7.0). I got a waiver from the school so I didn't need IELTS for school admission. My agent advised I write one for visa so I did.
School- Flinders University
Sponsor's account: My maternal uncle. Submitted 2 bank statements. One had 18m and the other was a fixed deposit account that matures every 30days. It had 13m.
Course- Social work (masters)
BSc- Microbiology

Submitted my credentials, letter from sponsor, proof of relationship to sponsor (uncle & Mum's NPC) and sponsor's account statement. I didn't submit payslips or my account statement sha.
Challenges faced: I already had an MSc in Microbiology so applying for a second masters was what I had to prove. Plus, with Social Work being a high risk course I had to write a convincing SOP. (I can share that with anyone interested cos mehn this took me like a month to write). My work experience was also a bonus cos I work as a care assistant.
Sometime in December the bank statement I used for the school admission could no longer be used cos he had to move the funds to another bank for investment reasons. He had to submit another letter to this effect. He also had to back it up with the fixed deposit account.
School resumes on Monday so if anyone could help with flight and accommodation links, I'd be most grateful.

Thank God!!!!!!!

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 2:14am On May 28, 2020
valveraaaa:
This is nice,but will it favour july intake?
Unfortunately I can't advise. Will have to wait and see.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tpain22: 1:21pm On May 28, 2020
NB1912:

Unfortunately I can't advise. Will have to wait and see.

Actually I think schools have been sending revised offer letters round, I got mine ystd even though I already had a COE for July intake. So there's movement in the system for July intake.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kess2020: 2:20pm On May 28, 2020
Is there still possibility for october term 2020 be issued visa since there are still some restrictions?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lasisig5(m): 5:29pm On May 28, 2020
Please which school did you apply to and what course
Kess2020:
NB1912 , Naijabad and other seniors in the house please regarding Visa application

Is there possibility for October term 2020 be issued visa since there are still some restrictions?

2.what's the duration for Australia students visa?

3.Pls I will be writting PTE Academic next month is it advisable to cancel the exam and write Ielts my first trial didn't really ace it 5.5broadband.

Am using the Englisg test for visa issuance not for admission already got my offer letter.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lasisig5(m): 6:39pm On May 28, 2020
Can someone please share/recommend a good materials I can use in preparing for my IELTS exam.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 5:05am On May 29, 2020
See my response highlighted below
Kess2020:
NB1912 , Naijabad and other seniors in the house please regarding Visa application

1. Is there possibility for October term 2020 be issued visa since there are still some restrictions?
Ans: There is a possibility, but I can't advise further. We will have to wait for announcement from the government.

2.what's the duration for Australia students visa?
Ans: It's usually the length of your study period. In most cases, the visa end date will be determined by the OSHC end date.

3.Pls I will be writting PTE Academic next month is it advisable to cancel the exam and write Ielts my first trial didn't really ace it 5.5broadband.
Ans: PTE is widely accepted for study and migration purpose. If you feel you have a better chance with PTE then there is no need to cancel. I find PTE to be easier.

Am using the Englisg test for visa issuance not for admission already got my offer letter.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Geodamsel: 11:13am On May 29, 2020
Naijabad:

One of the options open to you that I know of is to migrate on student visa. You will have to look for a good school in regional area and apply for admission.

You need a lot of money to be able to sustain yourself and two kids. In fact, your proof of fund should be in the neighbourhood of #15m. Hope your hubby will be willing to support you.

Naijabad, thank you for the response. Please can you suggest the"good schools" I can check out? Thanks again.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by alao1981: 11:07pm On May 30, 2020
tpain22:

Actually I think schools have been sending revised offer letters round, I got mine ystd even though I already had a COE for July intake. So there's movement in the system for July intake.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/higher-education/coronavirus-universities-plan-for-return-of-foreign-students/news-story/4a96da5c81ea020e942f491e7826bacc

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tpain22: 8:06am On May 31, 2020
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by piyoo91: 7:43pm On May 31, 2020
pls am a jjc, somone should pls put me through..all i had is just gce waec result, can this result help me to get admission into australia university or tafe programme? Must the transcript i will provide be that of a university in 9ja? Since i hav never been in university before, how do i go about this?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by strangest(m): 9:56pm On May 31, 2020
Tydata:

OK thank you very much for your response. But I heard the place is not safe. Again, Is their degree worth it?

you are welcome. I guess you're in PNG now. please can I get your application package for QECS, not to plagiarize but to understand what they need and how to fit in perfectly. I want to apply too.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 4:48am On Jun 01, 2020
Looks like the government is planning on opening borders in September, but it would be dependent on the country deemed safe for travel. May God bless Nigeria.

https://7news.com.au/news/tourism/timetable-for-post-coronavirus-tourism-restart-released-and-first-flight-date-set-c-1062328
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by piyoo91: 8:09am On Jun 01, 2020
[quote author=justwise post=56319580][/quote] oga justwise pls help me out, i want to apply for a tafe programme in australia, all i hav as my certificate now is waec and national diploma, my question is, must i provide a transcript of nigeria university? cos i hav never been to university before..pls answer me
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchman(m): 9:23pm On Jun 01, 2020
piyoo91:
oga justwise pls help me out, i want to apply for a tafe programme in australia, all i hav as my certificate now is waec and national diploma, my question is, must i provide a transcript of nigeria university? cos i hav never been to university before..pls answer me

No you must not,
Your OND and Waec is ok...

I heard they hardly give Visa to TAFE programmes if not Bsc or Masters...
Verify...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by CheedyJ(m): 11:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
lasisig5:
Can someone please share/recommend a good materials I can use in preparing for my IELTS exam.
Boss,pls, were u able to get any material? Pls,I'd be most grateful if u av any material.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lasisig5(m): 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
Yes I got materials and good website for training, I can share with you if you wish.
Regards.
CheedyJ:

Boss,pls, were u able to get any material? Pls,I'd be most grateful if u av any material.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by CheedyJ(m): 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2020
lasisig5:
Yes I got materials and good website for training, I can share with you if you wish.
Regards.
Yes, I'm interested, pls...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lasisig5(m): 4:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
How do you want to receive it
CheedyJ:

Yes, I'm interested, pls...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by CheedyJ(m): 5:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
lasisig5:
Pls,kindly send it to my e-mail, chidijwhyte@yahoo.com..I'm highly grateful..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchman(m): 5:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=lasisig5 post=90342764]How do you want to receive it [/quote

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mistercharles: 6:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
lasisig5:
Regards.
yes please...send to skeezybwoi@gmail.com thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mistercharles: 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
lasisig5:
skeezybwoi@gmail.com thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.