Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,386 members, 7,822,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1254932 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Howoheye: 10:29am On Jul 08, 2017
rooney:

...In my case, it took my bank over 30 days to confirm the fixed deposit letter I submitted.
Pls is it the Head office or the branch where the very account is opened that the embassy will contact for confirmation of docs.?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 08, 2017
abdullahi45:

Why are Nigerians changing school after reaching Australia?

Any reason for this bro. How easy is it to gain admission to UNSW, i think it's number 1 in Australia.

Also what can you say about Uni of Melbourne, western Australia , queensland, UNSW, for MSc Biotechnology or Microbiology?
tuition..UNSW is expensive ...get in with them and change to an Al3 cheap school..
The above listed schools are okay...your course of chpice should be an individual decision based on such factors as but not limited to your career plans
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Llexnet: 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
Wow!!!!

its being like 4ever.........@ BADNEAT, you are so right, after the first semester here lost of my Naija guys don pot grin to cheaper school....Its not funny when you no hold yourside well.

@BADNEAT, how are things.... Congrats to everyone with Visa grant, and to those ppl waiting, dont worry it will come. I sabi how it feels, was in the same situation a while bk.

BADNEAT:
tuition..UNSW is expensive ...get in with them and change to an Al3 cheap school..
The above listed schools are okay...your course of chpice should be an individual decision based on such factors as but not limited to your career plans

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rooney(m): 1:47pm On Jul 08, 2017
It depends on the bank's internal structure. But you can start your enquiry from the branch your statement was printed. they should know how to route your query.

Howoheye:

Pls is it the Head office or the branch where the very account is opened that the embassy will contact for confirmation of docs.?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Howoheye: 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2017
rooney:
It depends on the bank's internal structure. But you can start your enquiry from the branch your statement was printed. they should know how to route your query.

Ok, many thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sammywemmy: 3:19pm On Jul 08, 2017
Hi Jewel,

can u give me the link to the school you did your certification program. i want to do the same program as well. Thanks. their name and number or contact person will do just fine. thanks again.
JewelStone:

I like this sort of questions; apt and sensible. Master of social work is an excellent course, and WSU is a better Uni than ACU. It's better to start the disability course when you get here and you still need it despite the social work program cos the disability jobs require Cert III & IV not degree. Cheers
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iykedpetes(m): 5:53pm On Jul 08, 2017
please guru,,, my uncle is my sponsor we have same last name so I want to know ......can uncle be a sponsor for AL3 schools thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Asoasoaso: 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
tosinomis:
You'll also need to consider the cost of living in that city.

Job opportunities are basically in the cities u mentioned. Including perth. The average student wld get a part time job in most cities, the only difference is how fast u get it.

Abt AL1 & AL2, I basically know AL1 schools like RMIT, macquarie and others do not request for SOA, english test and some other docs. But things seem to be changing now as the embassy has been requesting for these documents of recent from AL1 schools.

You need to do more research to enlighten yourself on these things. Cos most people here wouldn't have the time to answer these fundamental questions.

Nice one, but RMIT asked m SOA, first they gave m conditional offer to summit SOA, and after summited they gave m unconditional offer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tosinomis: 11:56pm On Jul 08, 2017
Yeah. That's because I think RMIT has issues with Nigerian students now. I heard nigerian students that go there don't spend more than a semester before porting to another school with low tuition fee. So they're only trying to verify these things but that doesn't mean they aren't AL1.
Asoasoaso:

Nice one, but RMIT asked m SOA, first they gave m conditional offer to summit SOA, and after summited they gave m unconditional offer
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fiscocity: 12:10am On Jul 09, 2017
@Westafrica@badneat@justwise and all

Got my visa grant to study in Melbourne. Since march 2017.however cos I got the grant very. Late.i had to defer the admission till Feb 2018.
Question: Am planning on going to Australia arnd October and briefly stay in Sydney with a frnd till Jan when. I move to settle down to Melbourne. Is that move possible. And my frnd also said I can work. But only work with cash at hand.is it also possible to do that without complicating ones issue with immigration pending. The time school. Resumes in feb

In short.is it possible to work in Sydney.prior before skul resumes
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 09, 2017
fiscocity:
@Westafrica@badneat@justwise and all

Got my visa grant to study in Melbourne. Since march 2017.however cos I got the grant very. Late.i had to defer the admission till Feb 2018.
Question: Am planning on going to Australia arnd October and briefly stay in Sydney with a frnd till Jan when. I move to settle down to Melbourne. Is that move possible. And my frnd also said I can work. But only work with cash at hand.is it also possible to do that without complicating ones issue with immigration pending. The time school. Resumes in feb

In short.is it possible to work in Sydney.prior before skul resumes
you can not enter oz more than 90days before ur resumption date..you cannot work in oz legally prior to your resumption date
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fiscocity: 1:03am On Jul 09, 2017
BADNEAT:
you can not enter oz more than 90days before ur resumption date..you cannot work in oz legally prior to your resumption date

@badneat.thanks
So I have to calculate 90 days backward from the day of resumption. Also pay with cash.does it normally raise flag from what uve heard or experienced.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fiscocity: 1:15am On Jul 09, 2017
BADNEAT:

One more thing.can I go for child care course. Or any course for that matter prior before. Resumption date for my masters proper.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 09, 2017
fiscocity:

@badneat.thanks
So I have to calculate 90 days backward from the day of resumption. Also pay with cash.does it normally raise flag from what uve heard or experienced.
yes calculate 90 days backwards....
I cannot comment on pay with cash..but human beings are designed to survive..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 1:18am On Jul 09, 2017
fiscocity:

One more thing.can I go for child care course. Or any course for that matter prior before. Resumption date for my masters proper.
yes you can enrol for courses prior to your resumption..as long as such courses do not affect your main course...

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:30am On Jul 09, 2017
Llexnet:
Wow!!!!

its being like 4ever.........@ BADNEAT, you are so right, after the first semester here lost of my Naija guys don pot grin to cheaper school....Its not funny when you no hold yourside well.

@BADNEAT, how are things.... Congrats to everyone with Visa grant, and to those ppl waiting, dont worry it will come. I sabi how it feels, was in the same situation a while bk.

man must survive my brother..how are you doing
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Stargpressy: 4:59am On Jul 09, 2017
Good morning,
Plz am new here and I need to clarify certain things
Firstly I did accounting at bsc level with cgpa of 3.98 and which to further my Msc in Australia on any of these courses management, finance,business or economics. Can I be possibly admitted into these courses?
2, which cheap skulz can I apply to and their fees range
3, must I pay the fee from Nigeria
4,what type of visa do I need since I want to work and study?
5, how much will it cost me and how is the processing,
any interview, do they often reject or grant?
6, is it late to apply for winter semester now? Plz help a sister...thanks...
Llexnet:
Wow!!!!

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JoeDuch: 6:07am On Jul 09, 2017
pls house, i got my grant last week and school resumes 17th of july which is pretty close for me . i opted for deferment for next semester from the school but i was told that they will cancel my VISA for bridge of visa cos my COE is tied to the visa. If i insist to defer , they will offer me another COE while i applied for another visa. Now im confused cos on daily basis visa tends to be more dificult for Nigerians and i wouldnt know wat next few months will turn out to be. Pls Guru in house i need ypur advice plssssssssss.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jackson2dye4: 6:15am On Jul 09, 2017
Please anyone in Sydney who could help settle down?? I would really appreciate it
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 6:58am On Jul 09, 2017
jackson2dye4:
Please anyone in Sydney who could help settle down?? I would really appreciate it
When are you coming to Sydney and what's your gender?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by diego2015(m): 7:12am On Jul 09, 2017
JoeDuch:
pls house, i got my grant last week and school resumes 17th of july which is pretty close for me . i opted for deferment for next semester from the school but i was told that they will cancel my VISA for bridge of visa cos my COE is tied to the visa. If i insist to defer , they will offer me another COE while i applied for another visa. Now im confused cos on daily basis visa tends to be more dificult for Nigerians and i wouldnt know wat next few months will turn out to be. Pls Guru in house i need ypur advice plssssssssss.

Thanks
buy your flight ticket and leave, u still have time.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weldonextreme: 7:44am On Jul 09, 2017
JoeDuch:

Thanks

I suggest u don't make that mistake of deferment. Consider how long it took u to get your grant... Guy u be Nigerian so no excuse. Pack your bags and leave !!!

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weldonextreme: 7:52am On Jul 09, 2017
JewelStone:

When are you coming to Sydney and what's your gender?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fxsly: 7:58am On Jul 09, 2017
Good morning all. Pls what's the minimum PTE grade requirement for visa application?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weldonextreme: 8:13am On Jul 09, 2017
phemmy28:

Like really? No SOA how come? Did they ask for english test results, I am assuming Macquarie waived the english test for you also. Congrats again...you should be able to make orientation...nice one.

Macquarie doesn't require test.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jiggsbaby: 8:44am On Jul 09, 2017
Stargpressy:
Good morning,
Plz am new here and I need to clarify certain things
Firstly I did accounting at bsc level with cgpa of 3.98 and which to further my Msc in Australia on any of these courses management, finance,business or economics. Can I be possibly admitted into these courses?
2, which cheap skulz can I apply to and their fees range
3, must I pay the fee from Nigeria
4,what type of visa do I need since I want to work and study?
5, how much will it cost me and how is the processing,
any interview, do they often reject or grant?
6, is it late to apply for winter semester now? Plz help a sister...thanks...
-u have to search it ur self and compare the prices
-u can work on students visa
-no interview they visa application is submitted online
-some schools are still open for September intake
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 9:07am On Jul 09, 2017
weldonextreme:
Hello JewelStone I'm also coming to Sydney next week. I am interested in a temporal accommodation.
Also my wife is interested in the Age care and disability course, we need your suggestions.
Seriously? Do I sound/look like I'm giving out accommodation? That poster asked for help to settle down in Sydney! And even if I can help with accommodation for very few days, it'd be strictly for a young female, not a freaking couple!!!

Housing in Sydney is extremely expensive as you already know. If you're looking for someone to offer you and your wife a free temporary accommodation, then you're not ready to board that plane next week...

And if your wife is interested in aged care and disability courses, Google is your best friend.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 9:12am On Jul 09, 2017
JoeDuch:

Thanks

Buy you ticket and leave , you don't know what God has done for you , lots of people are still waiting for visa while their course has already started , my program starts on the 17th too, I would gladly leave even if am offered visa the week after
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jiggsbaby: 9:19am On Jul 09, 2017
JewelStone:

Seriously? Do I sound/look like I'm giving out accommodation? That poster asked for help to settle down in Sydney! And even if I can help with accommodation for very few days, it'd be strictly for a young female, not a freaking couple!!!

Housing in Sydney is extremely expensive as you already know. If you're looking for someone to offer you and your wife a free temporary accommodation, then you're not ready to board that plane next week...

And if your wife is interested in aged care and disability courses, Google is your best friend.
Easy .. the tone in which u are typing is kinda harsh.they are not freaking couples they are human beings like u..a NO or A it's not possible would be fine instead of this long talk. This is just rude easy abeg easy dear

9 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weldonextreme: 9:32am On Jul 09, 2017
JewelStone:

Seriously?

Oops sorry dear. Thought u offered paid service in temporal accommodation, by the side...the reason I contacted u... Never mind, pls ignore.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fiscocity: 9:49am On Jul 09, 2017
BADNEAT:
yes calculate 90 days backwards....
I cannot comment on pay with cash..but human beings are designed to survive..

Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 9:52am On Jul 09, 2017
JewelStone:

easy...easy...you quick vex oh...nothing wrong with a simple "no" na madam...lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.