Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1247424 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by KVickky(f): 1:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
We are Not here to police anyone's character.. "you can be helpful, you can give advice, you can be a keyboard worrior if you want. Its normal on online platforms".. but lets try and be civil here sha. No matter hw seemingly stupid the persons question simply ignore or help if you can. its a new week for grants o.. i key into mine grin grin

6 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 1:45pm On Jul 09, 2017
jackson2dye4:

I should be in Sydney 11th and m male. Hope u can help cry
Wow, 11th is really close, I can help you look for/inspect accommodation if you don't have one already and possibly help with settling down. But can't help with lodgement cos my husband won't find it funny.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jackson2dye4: 3:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
JewelStone:

Wow, 11th is really close, I can help you look for/inspect accommodation if you don't have one already and possibly help with settling down. But can't help with lodgement cos my husband won't find it funny.

Alright, thanks for your response. I already have a backpacker placement for the first week, if u could help with settling down (info on getting by and som1 I cud relate with ) I'd appreciate that
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Stargpressy: 3:46pm On Jul 09, 2017
Jiggsbaby:

-u have to search it ur self and compare the prices
-u can work on students visa
-no interview they visa application is submitted online
-some schools are still open for September intake
thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by yeyen004: 4:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
jackson2dye4:

Alright, thanks for your response. I already have a backpacker placement for the first week, if u could help with settling down (info on getting by and som1 I cud relate with ) I'd appreciate that

Hello, like how much is backpacker for 1wk?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jackson2dye4: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
yeyen004:

Hello, like how much is backpacker for 1wk?

$118
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by yeyen004: 5:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
jackson2dye4:

$118

This price is very ok. Is the hotel close to school or far?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
To all Australian faithfuls, this week is our week, visa grant would fall on us in Jesus name.Amen.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by PHUMEELAYO(f): 7:08pm On Jul 09, 2017
You should look at adjusting your orientation man.... You're supposed to be educated for earth's sake.

JoeDuch:

Please Nairaland should delect and block this girl that lacks manners. tomorrow someone will marry this one and keep in the house, u re just so rude . simple request from and u re freaking , its simple u politely say u cant help and u re hear ranting....BE GUIDED and cut down ur Ego....
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by symbian03(m): 7:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
JewelStone:
Yeah my response may not have been the kindest, but it just proves how the thought of accommodating a couple/male sounded to me. And I'm standing by it.

Please you saintly posters should stop quoting me to preach about niceness blah blah blah, I'm not here for any of that. You truly don't know how you'd react in a situation, until you're in that situation.

I've been in a similar situation as yours and I swear, I didn't react like that. Stop being arrogant and disrespectful here, if his/her request made you feel uncomfortable, there ain't no crime in saying NO!
After all, you owe no one nothing! I can bet you've been in a similar situation in the past. I'm not urging you to help anyone but politely say no if you can't.

6 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by PHUMEELAYO(f): 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2017
Plain and uncoated Honesty should be the order of the day. Most persons who rant about niceness and being diplomatic; might be as rude as they come in their respective lives.

Thank you to all who have contributed and still contributing immensely and truthfully to this thread.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2017
Lol. Just passing
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gfn(m): 10:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
Can a work visa be issued without biometrics?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amahjosh(m): 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
DelzyB:
5M is enuf for your fees as Pfl majorly does Al1 schools. Nonetheless u need to av a gd SOA when u are abt applying for your Visa. Use google to check the SOL courses that can further enhance ur stay back in Australia. Hope this helps
OK thanks but what am asking is the 5M flight fare and living expenses is inclusive that why am asking and my sponsor is not my family member is just a family friend who is acting as sponsor he has up to 15M...The only evidence is the letter from sponsor from his private owned company...Will this budget and just the letter of sponsor fly?? I need answers from the big brothers and big sisters in the house
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 10:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
jackson2dye4:

You need to start searching for your long term accommodation asap. Where's your Uni located, how far are you willing to travel there and what's your budget? You can pm me if you like. I can help look at accommodation on Gumtree for you.

You should get a prepaid sim card with data package as soon as you arrive at the airport(subject to your arrival time), it'll help you find your way around with Google maps. Doesn't matter which service provider you choose, you can swap later. I'm assuming that your backpackers is in the city, you can easily get a train there from the airport if you use Google maps.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 11:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
I can see some zombies are still quoting me, after I had moved on from this issue.

Ok you've been noticed for 30 seconds, now go play with your mates.

No I haven't been in that situation before cos I don't have silly expectations from strangers.

You don't have any right to tell me how to react to situations, you're not my Psychotherapist and you don't pay my bills.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Asoasoaso: 11:58pm On Jul 09, 2017
I
JewelStone:
I can see some zombies are still quoting me, after I had moved on from this issue.

Ok you've been noticed for 30 seconds, now go play with your mates.

No I haven't been in that situation before cos I don't have silly expectations from strangers.

You don't have any right to tell me how to react to situations, you're not my Psychotherapist and you don't pay my bills.

U guys just need to 4get all dis bla bla bla bla, think how to help each other and move forward

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lakola: 2:51am On Jul 10, 2017
With all the emotional draining from DIBP we all still have strength to argue and insult, the only way is love. Focus on getting visas and help will come, no need to argue who is nice or not nice. We might face struggles at the beginning if we don't get help but mehn they are all stories for our greatness. Forget all this everyone and move on in love

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 6:11am On Jul 10, 2017
symbian03:
You definitely need a psychotherapist for being disgustingly rude. Amoeba, whatever! All we're saying is get some manners. We don't really care who you are! But what you've said is the largest amount of bullssh!t I have ever heard. Bye bye
if you're in naija and a prospective student, that chic jewelstone is one of the few currently in Australia that can give you audience and have your time she just probably has a temper....it's interesting to see up here that some of the ones against her gave me stone-cold dulling when I needed them.please let's move on and continue helping each other in anyway we can......

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by PHUMEELAYO(f): 8:51am On Jul 10, 2017
Thank you @jewelstone for your time and help.... You're already progressing in Oz.... You could have easily stopped commenting on this thread; but you didn't.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ProfGeorge: 10:56am On Jul 10, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
tosinomis:
Hello everyone,

Congrats to everyone who have received grants in the past few days. I pray we'll get more testimonies in Jesus name. I've been an observer for the past 3wks. I also applied as detailed below:
Application date: 25th of May
Biometrics : 26th of May
Medicals: 24th of May.
School: University of Tasmania.
Orientation date: 10th of July
Course start date: 17th of July

I haven't been contacted by any case officer and when I sent an update mail to dibp yesterday, they responded saying "the application is still on queue yet to be processed".
Please what happens if I don't receive a response before the resumption day? Also, has anyone hrd of an soa of 9m fly?

Hi, I sent you a message request because I learnt you are going to Tasmania. Pls can you respond?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bestdiddy: 12:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tosinomis: 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello sir. I've replied your message.
ProfGeorge:
[color=#990000][/color]

Hi, I sent you a message request because I learnt you are going to Tasmania. Pls can you respond?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rooney(m): 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2017
Lol, baba I got my visa on Friday and travelled on Sunday. Get out and go face your new life jur!

JoeDuch:
pls house, i got my grant last week and school resumes 17th of july which is pretty close for me . i opted for deferment for next semester from the school but i was told that they will cancel my VISA for bridge of visa cos my COE is tied to the visa. If i insist to defer , they will offer me another COE while i applied for another visa. Now im confused cos on daily basis visa tends to be more dificult for Nigerians and i wouldnt know wat next few months will turn out to be. Pls Guru in house i need ypur advice plssssssssss.

Thanks

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.