Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (578) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1251878 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NeuroToby(m): 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2022
Good evening guys!
My name is Tomiwa and I've been given admission to study Master in public health at Curtin University, Torrens University and La Trobe University.
I think I've crossed the first huddle of deciding which one to go for, as I have concluded consider Torrens (basically because it's the cheapest).
Any advice on my decision is most welcome.

School resumes by February 20 and I plan to travel in January but the challenge is I feel like these 3 months that I have won't be enough to process Form A and Visa.
I will be sending in the documents for GTE assessment by ending of next week. (Bank statement is the reason for the delay).

Now to my questions...
1. How long does it take for assessment result to come out?
2. How long does form A take to be processed typically? (The other options are at least 2M more expensive)
3. Basically will the next 3 months be enough?
I will need the most practical ways to go about this and also best practices to engage.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 4everEdward(m): 6:48pm On Sep 22, 2022
iceberg54:

It is the company's responsibility (not yours) to prove to DHA that they couldn't find an Australian to do the job. They have to do this before they can sponsor you and before visa application. Hence you can't be denied visa on that basis. A lot of people are coming in through work sponsorship these days due to the skills shortage locally.

More importantly what is your occupation? Do you have a valid skills assessment? Do you have the required work experience in that occupation? You need to go through the requirements of 482 visa and see if you are even eligible. If you are, and the company is willing to sponsor, this is the best option.

Option 2 is a very stressful process. It can take at least two years in many cases before you are granted a spouse visa.

Cheers.

No skills at all, so even without help of immigration lawyer for the marriage the process won’t be fast because I don’t want to risk 50/50 chances I just want to make sure I am getting it 100% if I apply that’s I will need your idea and everyone collective ideas Bikonu
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 8:50pm On Sep 22, 2022
NeuroToby:
Good evening guys!
My name is Tomiwa and I've been given admission to study Master in public health at Curtin University, Torrens University and La Trobe University.
I think I've crossed the first huddle of deciding which one to go for, as I have concluded consider Torrens (basically because it's the cheapest).

School resumes by February 20 and I plan to travel in January but the challenge is I feel like these 3 months that I have won't be enough to process Form A and Visa.
I will be sending in the documents for GTE assessment by ending of next week. (Bank statement is the reason for the delay).

Now to my questions...
2. How long does form A take to be processed typically? (The other options are at least 2M more expensive)
I will need the most practical ways to go about this and also best practices to engage.

GTE could take more time depends on the University,
3-4 Months is enough but then, with Australia �� you can't predict time, just do your best and try not rush them
The Processing time for Form A is not known, depends mainly from the bank if you care so much about time, use the alternatives
There is no template on how follow as Australia follows due process.

I'll recommend deciding on the school you want quickly, Curtin University response time is awesome
Pay the tuition if accepted
follow all processes .
I would recommend you don't care so much about time else you make a blunders , worst case differ admission.

With Australia , getting it right is more important than time

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 8:58pm On Sep 22, 2022
[quote author=NICOSIA post=116873290][/quote]

Both travelled in August , they're initial admission was July but due to delay in visa issuance, they had to differ their admission.

Both then their OSHC as updated to cover their date of arrival and their duration of study .

NB: Students, if you're making changes to your admission start date, i.e differ admissions etc , ensure all your data matches . Insurance should match arrival date to your school duration + 1 or 2 months just to be a safe side.

OSHC is a requirement to enter Australia
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2022
victorbyke:

Your agent is right, you might be asked to print a fresh statement of account.

I don't recommend , you might be asked to provide updated bank statement
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2022
Light21:
Good day house. Please I want to ask because am about booking my flight from Lagos to Melbourne through Qatar Airways my question is are they good especially those that have experienced their services or is there another Airways better than them?

Emirates and Qatar airways are the best route flying from Nigeria to Australia, I used them for my students and I recommend their services.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Islamicpope97: 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2022
NeuroToby:
Good evening guys!

Now to my questions...

Brother if you’re really serious about going January please forget about form A and buy dollar in black market using a dom Account recently if u read the last 3 pages of this thread one guy recently got a refusal using torrens cos it’s not a streamline school tho people still get grants with Torrens, I advice u use a AL1 school they are usually expensive wen u get here u then switch to torrens, please forget about Form A it takes at least 2 months to process that’s when or if they are fast with the process self. But if u can still decide to wait as to save the money. But it would still take the school some days for them to confirm your payment, before processing and issuing your CoE to apply for visa. Guy January nor Dey possible with Form A. Mind u link ur Bvn to ur email because it’s compulsory that one takes 2 days also.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Samstan4: 10:19pm On Sep 22, 2022
NeuroToby:
Good evening guys!

Now to my questions...

Form A takes close to 50 days currently and some banks don't even do it again. 3 months doesn't look realistic considering the issue with Form A and again I will advise you not to go with Torrens University, go for a Level 1 University

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tykoone: 11:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
Warm regards everyone. Recently got admitted to University of Tasmania and I'm about to pay my tuition, but I'm not sure it's still an AL1 school. What do you guys think, should I proceed Or should I try securing an admission with an Al1 school preferably curtin?
NB: I'm 21...its undergrad and My parent is my sponsor
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 2:34am On Sep 23, 2022
lordkratos:
Hey buddy, can you drop your email at aleast? I'll need about 5k, I'm in Sydney.

downunderrwanda@gmail.com
Please message me by today and I will pass you my number. I need to done by today.

Between if you know any Rwandese, Congolese, Ugandan wanting to ship things over, I have shipment leaving in like 2months time. Very competitive price.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 2:42am On Sep 23, 2022
Tykoone:
Warm regards everyone. Recently got admitted to University of Tasmania and I'm about to pay my tuition, but I'm not sure it's still an AL1 school. What do you guys think, should I proceed Or should I try securing an admission with an Al1 school preferably curtin?

Any university listed here is qualified for streamline processing
https://cricos.education.gov.au/

You're still young. If you don't have the fees for University you can try Tafe with pathway to Uni.

Godspeed
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by PythonTutorial(f): 3:35am On Sep 23, 2022
Good morning all.

Please does Australia have an Age Limit for Ppstgraduate admission?

My hubby, who is 36, will be 37 by Jan got an admission into Federal University this September but was advised that chances of being granted entry are slim considering his age and time frame of Admission. Although, he was given till January to finish to finsh up every process and be there before February. Also, that he will not be able to go with his family at once until after 3months time, how possible is this even if we try another batch?

Please I need advise so we don't squander funds.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 3:52am On Sep 23, 2022
PythonTutorial:
Good morning all.

Please does Australia have an Age Limit for Ppstgraduate admission?

My hubby, who is 36, will be 37 by Jan got an admission into Federal University this September but was advised that chances of being granted entry are slim considering his age and time frame of Admission. Although, he was given till January to finish to finsh up every process and be there before February. Also, that he will not be able to go with his family at once until after 3months time, how possible is this even if we try another batch?

Please I need advise so we don't squander funds.

37 isn't bad for someone looking at furthering their studies . Australia doesn't worry much about age as long as you have a good reason as to why you want to further your studies or change career. People change careers in Australia alot and people pick up further study along the line.

Immigration usually requires about 3monthbto process your application Incase they need to verify your documents. Worse case scenario he will be advised to defer his admission with his school.

It's best for you all to apply together if you have the funds for visa processing and living expenses. Getting much harder trying to get the dependants in after arrival.

Godspeed
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lordkratos: 4:09am On Sep 23, 2022
I sent you an email from kayla*******@gmail.com
WestAfrican:

downunderrwanda@gmail.com
Please message me by today and I will pass you my number. I need to done by today.

Between if you know any Rwandese, Congolese, Ugandan wanting to ship things over, I have shipment leaving in like 2months time. Very competitive price.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Samstan4: 7:40am On Sep 23, 2022
Tykoone:

University of Tasmania is AL2 University, please go for a level 1 school
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by PythonTutorial(f): 9:54am On Sep 23, 2022
WestAfrican:

37 isn't bad for someone looking at furthering their studies . Australia doesn't worry much about age as long as you have a good reason as to why you want to further your studies or change career. People change careers in Australia alot and people pick up further study along the line.

Immigration usually requires about 3monthbto process your application Incase they need to verify your documents. Worse case scenario he will be advised to defer his admission with his school.

It's best for you all to apply together if you have the funds for visa processing and living expenses. Getting much harder trying to get the dependants in after arrival.

Godspeed

Thank you so much for the swift response.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AdaFelly: 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2022
Good afternoon!!!
Please is it possible to get a closer date for medicals
The next date is in 3 weeks time.. I am devastated!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by s7ven: 1:58pm On Sep 23, 2022
REGARDING APPLYING FOR MASTERS/PHD STUDIES IN AUSTRALIA

Hi everyone, I have an urgent need of some information. Any information will be highly appreciated.
1. What is(are) the available reliable agencies available to apply for studies in Australia in Nigeria.

2. What are the list of basic procedures and requirements(materials/documents/Fees) to prepare for in order to apply for PHD studies in Australia.

3. What are the best schools available that has a higher acceptance rate that can also provide PR opportunities afterwards.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by awesomershal(m): 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2022
AKASBABA1:

Emirates and Qatar airways are the best route flying from Nigeria to Australia, I used them for my students and I recommend their services.

Can we talk via mail please
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by awesomershal(m): 2:09pm On Sep 23, 2022
WestAfrican:

You're still younger. If you don't have the fees for University you can try Tafe with pathway to Uni.

Godspeed

Please are you an agent?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AdaFelly: 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2022
AdaFelly:
Good afternoon!!!
Please is it possible to get a closer date for medicals
The next date is in 3 weeks time.. I am devastated!

Please someone should reply me�� It’s very urgent
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by muhammedhammed: 3:24pm On Sep 23, 2022
Send an email to iom, stating that the available dates is not favorable for your due to the urgency of your need, advise them on your preferred date. Wait for response.

Also attach your international passport

AdaFelly:

Please someone should reply me�� It’s very urgent
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AdaFelly: 5:20pm On Sep 23, 2022
muhammedhammed:
Send an email to iom, stating that the available dates is not favorable for your due to the urgency of your need, advise them on your preferred date. Wait for response.

Also attach your international passport

Thank you!!!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NeuroToby(m): 7:18pm On Sep 23, 2022
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NeuroToby(m): 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2022
My name is Tomiwa and I'm grateful for all the responses that I have gotten.

I have decided to stick with Curtin University, being a level 1 university, even though, it's more expensive.
I have also decided to process the tuition deposit through Form A, if it's come out on time to meet visa lodgement for January departure, fine... if it doesn't, I'll defer my offer till July.

Two questions though...
1. If my course is supposed to start by July, for instance, and I pay for OSHC starting from February, will I be allowed entry?
2. How easy is it to get job before my course starts in July, in a city like Perth?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Samstan4: 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2022
NeuroToby:
My name is Tomiwa and I'm grateful for all the responses that I have gotten.

I have decided to stick with Curtin University, being a level 1 university, even though, it's more expensive.
I have also decided to process the tuition deposit through Form A, if it's come out on time to meet visa lodgement for January departure, fine... if it doesn't, I'll defer my offer till July.

Two questions though...
1. If my course is supposed to start by July, for instance, and I pay for OSHC starting from February, will I be allowed entry?
2. How easy is it to get job before my course starts in July, in a city like Perth?

Pay for OSHC depending on when your course will be starting, you can always get an extra cover when you get your Grant some months before your study start date.
I have some friends in Perth and I am yet to see any of them complain about Job
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NeuroToby(m): 9:04pm On Sep 23, 2022
Thank you for this response, I am really grateful.
My consideration is that it doesn't make sense to just come and sit in Australia for about 3months before I start my course, if I can't work in the meantime.
So, I will need further confirmations about this.
Samstan4:

Pay for OSHC depending on when your course will be starting, you can always get an extra cover when you get your Grant some months before your study start date.
I have some friends in Perth and I am yet to see any of them complain about Job
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rasana: 10:15pm On Sep 23, 2022
How to find cheap accommodation in Melbourne one bedroom? Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 3:11am On Sep 24, 2022
awesomershal:

Please are you an agent?
No. I have been dealing with several immigration offices for over donkey odd years.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tykoone: 12:32pm On Sep 24, 2022
Appreciate your response. Yes it listed there, also I have the fees. Was just thinking if I should go ahead and Make the deposit or use a different school as Utas is a level2 school
WestAfrican:

You're still young. If you don't have the fees for University you can try Tafe with pathway to Uni.

Godspeed
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tykoone: 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2022
Okay I appreciate.
Samstan4:

University of Tasmania is AL2 University, please go for a level 1 school
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Islamicpope97: 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2022
NeuroToby:
Thank you for this response, I am really grateful.
My consideration is that it doesn't make sense to just come and sit in Australia for about 3months before I start my course, if I can't work in the meantime.
So, I will need further confirmations about this.
According to what I read I think you can start working before your course even starts

(1) (2) (3) ... (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.