Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,947 members, 7,810,620 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (686) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1246819 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 11:31pm On Mar 21
desertboom:

Does it mean the English Language requirement is on pending? Because from the document I could read that it's being finalised.

Immigration is becoming difficult every each day

Changes will apply from 23/03/2024 and yes immigration rules have tightened.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chidi4sam(m): 5:44am On Mar 22
AussieJoan:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 5:50am On Mar 22
steveyen:
Hi everyone I am new here.

I am about to submit document for visa. My agent said there is no need for POF. However, the sponsor financial documents will be needed which is the business certificates and the tax clearance certificate that will be used to access the financial capability.

However, the tax clearance certificate given by Lagos state inland revenue is just a plastic card called electronic tax clearance certificate.

Would this electronic tax clearance be acceptable? Can it affect the visa approval? What do I do in this case? Thank you.
You have just made it easy for the case officer to deny your visa. POF is now a must for visa application regardless of the Uni you are attending.

December 2023 data showed that 4 in 5 student visa applications from Nigeria were rejected. This is equivalent to 80% rejection. You have to prepare your application to the highest standard to get a chance of visa approval. All the best!!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by desertboom(m): 1:43pm On Mar 22
AussieJoan:

Bro... I have listening 5.5 reading 5.5 writing 6 and speaking 7. Altogether band 6. I hope this is enough to process student visa. I got admission since last year and English was waived.

I had to write IELTS last month because of the proposed rule. I hope 6 is good for visa application. It's post graduate studies
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by frank2zee: 9:53am On Mar 23
AussieJoan:

The initial deposit is usually half of one term tuition. You can contact your school directly for clarification (just state your student ID for reference)

Ok...Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hustla(m): 9:58am On Mar 23
Hello everyone

Asking on behalf of someone. Can someone study a course like Master of Fraud and Financial Crime or AML and compliance and still get PR after completion of studies?

An example of the course is here https://study.csu.edu.au/courses/master-fraud-financial-crime
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by steveyen(m): 10:41am On Mar 23
NB1912:

You have just made it easy for the case officer to deny your visa. POF is now a must for visa application regardless of the Uni you are attending.

December 2023 data showed that 4 in 5 student visa applications from Nigeria were rejected. This is equivalent to 80% rejection. You have to prepare your application to the highest standard to get a chance of visa approval. All the best!!

Thank you so much for this information. Please could you link me up with an agent in Naija that is vast in Australia visa application? Guess I need a new agent for proper direction..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by steveyen(m): 11:00am On Mar 23
Hi everyone. I have got a sponsor for student visa .

The sponsor has promised to open a new account and fund it to the required amount as he is not so comfortable with releasing his bank statement.Pls is this acceptable for POF for Australia student visa ? Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lastkingsman: 1:30pm On Mar 23
hustla:
Hello everyone

Asking on behalf of someone. Can someone study a course like Master of Fraud and Financial Crime or AML and compliance and still get PR after completion of studies?

An example of the course is here https://study.csu.edu.au/courses/master-fraud-financial-crime

Leave all these fancy courses. Study nursing and enter care full time and hammer both pr and mega money
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hustla(m): 1:34pm On Mar 23
lastkingsman:

Leave all these fancy courses. Study nursing and enter care full time and hammer both pr and mega money

... But not everyone wants nursing

shocked

The requirements for nursing Will likely include some prior experience in nursing or isnt that the case?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chaiks: 7:41pm On Mar 23
lastkingsman:

wow. Am 35 this year. Any chance for me still in Aussie?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 12:39am On Mar 25
steveyen:

Thank you so much for this information. Please could you link me up with an agent in Naija that is vast in Australia visa application? Guess I need a new agent for proper direction..
Unfortunately, I cannot recommend one for you. You can read through a few pages on this thread and you will find some.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by desertboom(m): 11:50am On Mar 25
Please, has the age restriction towards post study been implemented?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chidi4sam(m): 5:51am On Mar 26
AussieJoan:

​From 23 March 2024, the Genuine Student (GS) requirement replaces the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement for Student visas.

This change was announced as part of the Australian Government’s Migration Strategy released on 11 December 2023 and applies to all Student visa applications lodged on or after 23 March 2024.

The purpose of this amendment is to clarify the assessment of a student’s intention to genuinely study in Australia and to remove the confusion about whether the student can express a desire to migrate to Australia.

Student visa applicants no longer need to satisfy the GTE requirement that they genuinely intend to only stay in Australia temporarily.

The GS requirement acknowledges that post-study pathways to permanent residence are available to those eligible graduates. International students with studies and qualifications obtained in Australia may provide a qualified skilled workforce ready to fill skill shortages in Australia.

The change is also intended to help the Department to identify non-genuine students who are seeking to enter Australia for purposes other than to study.

The GS requirement focuses on the assessment of the student’s genuine intention to study in Australia, having regard to a number of factors, including the applicant’s circumstances, evidence of course progression, immigration history, compliance with visa conditions and other relevant matter.

The GTE requirement will be retained for Student Guardian visa applicants.

For more information see Genuine Student requirement.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 5:02pm On Mar 26
chidi4sam:

​From 23 March 2024, the Genuine Student (GS) requirement replaces the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement for Student visas.

This change was announced as part of the Australian Government’s Migration Strategy released on 11 December 2023 and applies to all Student visa applications lodged on or after 23 March 2024.

The purpose of this amendment is to clarify the assessment of a student’s intention to genuinely study in Australia and to remove the confusion about whether the student can express a desire to migrate to Australia.

Student visa applicants no longer need to satisfy the GTE requirement that they genuinely intend to only stay in Australia temporarily.

The GS requirement acknowledges that post-study pathways to permanent residence are available to those eligible graduates. International students with studies and qualifications obtained in Australia may provide a qualified skilled workforce ready to fill skill shortages in Australia.

The change is also intended to help the Department to identify non-genuine students who are seeking to enter Australia for purposes other than to study.

The GS requirement focuses on the assessment of the student’s genuine intention to study in Australia, having regard to a number of factors, including the applicant’s circumstances, evidence of course progression, immigration history, compliance with visa conditions and other relevant matter.

The GTE requirement will be retained for Student Guardian visa applicants.

For more information see Genuine Student requirement.

??
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by SiennaBus: 9:12am On Mar 27
Hello everyone,

Can I use an account statement or fixed deposit statement from a microfinance bank for my proof of funds for student visa please?

Many thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 12:02am On Mar 28
SiennaBus:
Hello everyone,

Can I use an account statement or fixed deposit statement from a microfinance bank for my proof of funds for student visa please?

Many thanks.
Whichever bank you decide to use does not matter. What matters is showing minimum 3 months bank statement and source of income.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunlex01(m): 2:20pm On Mar 29
hustla:
Hello everyone

Yes it can if you have prior experience and get a job in the field after completing your studies.
ANZSCO code 224999
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Waskylala: 10:26pm On Mar 29
I heard Nigeria has been blacklisted for student visa...
Please how true?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by frank2zee: 8:51pm On Mar 30
Waskylala:
Please how true?

False

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gbemyco: 12:54pm On Mar 31
Hello experts in the house, please how much do you suggest one should have in the bank account statement (minimum) as proof of funds for a couple's visa application, although the main applicant is on a PhD full scholarship (that covers tuition and living stipend)?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 10:53am On Apr 03
List of Australian Universities Assessment Levels Updated 03/04/2024

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Madiberry(f): 8:42am On Apr 06
What does this assessment level imply?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by steveyen(m): 4:18pm On Apr 06
steveyen:

The sponsor has promised to open a new account and fund it to the required amount as he is not so comfortable with releasing his bank statement.Pls is this acceptable for POF for Australia student visa ? Thank you

Please can someone help answer this . Thank you in advance
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nairalandforme: 9:44pm On Apr 08
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nairalandforme: 10:02pm On Apr 08
Gbemyco:
Hello experts in the house, please how much do you suggest one should have in the bank account statement (minimum) as proof of funds for a couple's visa application, although the main applicant is on a PhD full scholarship (that covers tuition and living stipend)?

I saw this in a previous post, I think it will help you...

I am also expecting a funded PhD from one of the AL1 schools...we would connect when I get feedback...

Did you write the IELTS exam?

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 1:11am On Apr 10
Gbemyco:
With the current rate of high student visa refusal including those on fully funded PhD scholarships, I would recommend you show proof of funds for living expenses for yourself and your wife for a minimum of 12 months, including emergency funds to cover for unexpected events that may arise.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 1:21am On Apr 10
steveyen:

If your sponsor is unwilling to release their personal bank statement, I would recommend he opens a fixed deposit account (not a regular account) and lock the money for at least 3 months. He also has to show his source of income. I hope this sponsor is related to you. Cheers!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 1:28am On Apr 10
Waskylala:
Please how true?
This information is not true. However, universities have tightened their entry requirements to meet the newly implemented GST requirement. It may be difficult to secure an offer due to high level scrutiny of applications by universities.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by peleson1: 5:00pm On Apr 10
[quote author=justwise post=56319580][/quote]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wonder1844(m): 3:39pm On Apr 11
How about those with an offer already?

NB1912:

This information is not true. However, universities have tightened their entry requirements to meet the newly implemented GST requirement. It may be difficult to secure an offer due to high level scrutiny of applications by universities.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 5:14am On Apr 12
Wonder1844:
How about those with an offer already?

You shouldn't be affected if you already have an offer, However, I have heard of a few Uni's cancelling offers that have already been issued. I have no information on this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.