Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (684) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1247713 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 2:30am On Feb 03
Dgabby01:
Good day everyone, please is ielts result compulsory for Nigerians before applying for admission or visa to Australia. And how do I start an application without an agent

Depending on the school, you should be able to send in your application yourself and also get admission without an English test result. You just need a letter from your previous school stating the medium of communication was english. However, you will need to present an english test result for visa application.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by beckini89: 1:37pm On Feb 03
I think it will be better for you to go through skilled migration instead of through study
Ihomon:
Good morning all am actually new here
Am a medical laboratory scientist,33yrs old and want to do a masters degree in medical laboratory science in aus.
Pls with this new policy of from 35yrs no more post study visa is it advisable for me to go ahead
N.B I will be 35yrs when am graduating
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dgabby01: 2:56pm On Feb 03
Sorry, I don't understand but some said I can apply myself to some schools
funbiano:
If it's Australia you can't do it yourself.You must use agent.Also IELTS is compulsory.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ramon212: 2:26pm On Feb 05
AussieJoan:

Depending on the school, you should be able to send in your application yourself and also get admission without an English test result. You just need a letter from your previous school stating the medium of communication was english. However, you will need to present an english test result for visa application.

is toefl good to present for visa application?
what's the pass score for IELT and what's the pass score for TOEGL.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Murphysidaa: 8:59pm On Feb 05
Hi everyone, I am excited to share that I will be commencing my master's degree program at the University of Adelaide. In preparation for my journey, I will be arriving from Nigeria on February 21. I am currently in search of temporary accommodation for 2 or 3 days to facilitate my initial days in Adelaide and help me in the search for permanent housing close to the campus. If any Nigerian is willing to provide temporary accommodation or has suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gbemyco: 9:32pm On Feb 05
Hi Gurus in the house. Need your guidance please 🙏🙏

Recently received a PhD scholarship offer at one of the Go8 Australian universities covering full tuition fee, stipend and also received couple's OSHC support based on agreed terms.

My questions:

1. What are additional supporting documents, aside the CoE, GTE, OSHC & all related medicals, am to include in my visa application for myself and wife only?

2. In what ways can we show strong home ties considering that I will be applying with my wife?

3. Do I still need provide statement of account as proof of funds for the couple's visa application considering that my research program is on full Scholarship?

4. Can you just give a general tip on what best to be done to increase my chances of getting the visa for myself and wife applying once?

Finally, I look forward to connecting with anyone in my case intending to apply for couple's visa from now till June this year.

Thank you so much for your anticipated responses and tips.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ramon212: 9:50pm On Feb 05
Murphysidaa:
Hi everyone, I am excited to share that I will be commencing my master's degree program at the University of Adelaide. In preparation for my journey, I will be arriving from Nigeria on February 21. I am currently in search of temporary accommodation for 2 or 3 days to facilitate my initial days in Adelaide and help me in the search for permanent housing close to the campus. If any Nigerian is willing to provide temporary accommodation or has suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.
2-3 days isn't logically. maybe 1-2 weeks to get accommodation.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Maranatha5(f): 5:42am On Feb 06
Hello guys,
Please who knows how much it costs for medical at IOM Lagos? Also what's the fastest way to book an appointment for someone who's not in Lagos. Tried via their website it wasn't going through.
Their numbers aren't reachable
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jeweloftheEast: 5:55am On Feb 06
its about 63k Naira
you just have to book from the website.
Maybe you can use a different email or maybe create a new email.
Maranatha5:
Hello guys,
Please who knows how much it costs for medical at IOM Lagos? Also what's the fastest way to book an appointment for someone who's not in Lagos. Tried via their website it wasn't going through.
Their numbers aren't reachable
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by KellyTech007: 11:34am On Feb 06
Hi . Please I'll like to inquire about something.

How is life over there in Australia?

Has it been easy getting jobs as an international students ?

So far will you interpret Australia as a friendly country ?

Lastly , How is the housing situation ?

The reason I'm asking these questions is cos I just migrated to Canada two months ago and I'm already questioning my actions for coming here.

I'll appreciate your Response 🙏
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teesmarth(m): 6:21pm On Feb 06
Hello everyone. I am currently applying for a master's program to a school in Australia.
During the application, I stumbled upon this page as seen in the picture below.

The problem now is the second option is applicable to me as I already have a masters.

It is advisable for me to declare it or remove any information about it from the application and stick to my bachelor's degree as my highest education.

Will it affect my GTE. I was assuming it will be an added advantage for admission points consideration and I already have it on my CV. One of my recommendation letter was also written by a lecturer from my previous master program.

What do you advise please.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Justice4638: 5:54pm On Feb 09
Good day guys. Nice platform here!
Please who knows the current rate for aud?
Thank you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ijaay83: 8:37pm On Feb 10
Justice4638:
Good day guys. Nice platform here!
Please who knows the current rate for aud?
Thank you.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 7:40am On Feb 14
teesmarth:
Hello everyone. I am currently applying for a master's program to a school in Australia.
During the application, I stumbled upon this page as seen in the picture below.

The problem now is the second option is applicable to me as I already have a masters.

It is advisable for me to declare it or remove any information about it from the application and stick to my bachelor's degree as my highest education.

Will it affect my GTE. I was assuming it will be an added advantage for admission points consideration and I already have it on my CV. One of my recommendation letter was also written by a lecturer from my previous master program.

What do you advise please.
Honesty in your application is paramount. Not declaring your existing Master's degree could raise concerns if discovered later, potentially jeopardizing your visa application. Given the current high student visa refusal rate, it's crucial to avoid any action that could be interpreted as misrepresentation.

I will recommend you apply for a Master’s by research rather than a Masters by coursework as it shows progression. Whichever one you decide to choose, ensure you address the following in your GTE statement.

1. Emphasize Your Academic Progression: Clearly articulate why you are pursuing another Master’s degree. Focus on how this specific program in Australia offers something distinct that aligns with your academic and career goals, which was not covered in your previous Master's.

2. Highlight Professional Development: If applicable, demonstrate how this additional degree is a natural step for your professional development. Explain how it contributes to your long-term career plans, preferably in Nigeria, which aligns with the GTE requirement.

3. Utilize Your Recommendation Letter: The recommendation from your previous Master's lecturer can be advantageous. It should emphasize your academic seriousness and commitment to learning, thereby supporting your intent to genuinely benefit from the program.

4. Address the Gap in Studies: If there’s been a significant gap since your last Master’s, explain what you’ve been doing in the interim (working, additional training, etc.) and how this has led to your decision to pursue further education.

5. Assure Your Return: As part of the GTE criteria, assure that you have strong ties to your home country and intend to return after your studies. This could include family ties, property ties, social ties, or a job offer.

Remember, your application should tell a coherent story: why this degree, why in Australia, and how it fits into your overall academic and career trajectory. Your honesty and the strength of your academic purpose will be key in securing your visa. I wish you all the best.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teesmarth(m): 6:38pm On Feb 14
NB1912:

Honesty in your application is paramount. Not declaring your existing Master's degree could raise concerns if discovered later, potentially jeopardizing your visa application. Given the current high student visa refusal rate, it's crucial to avoid any action that could be interpreted as misrepresentation.

I will recommend you apply for a Master’s by research rather than a Masters by coursework as it shows progression. Whichever one you decide to choose, ensure you address the following in your GTE statement.

1. Emphasize Your Academic Progression: Clearly articulate why you are pursuing another Master’s degree. Focus on how this specific program in Australia offers something distinct that aligns with your academic and career goals, which was not covered in your previous Master's.

2. Highlight Professional Development: If applicable, demonstrate how this additional degree is a natural step for your professional development. Explain how it contributes to your long-term career plans, preferably in Nigeria, which aligns with the GTE requirement.

3. Utilize Your Recommendation Letter: The recommendation from your previous Master's lecturer can be advantageous. It should emphasize your academic seriousness and commitment to learning, thereby supporting your intent to genuinely benefit from the program.

4. Address the Gap in Studies: If there’s been a significant gap since your last Master’s, explain what you’ve been doing in the interim (working, additional training, etc.) and how this has led to your decision to pursue further education.

5. Assure Your Return: As part of the GTE criteria, assure that you have strong ties to your home country and intend to return after your studies. This could include family ties, property ties, social ties, or a job offer.

Remember, your application should tell a coherent story: why this degree, why in Australia, and how it fits into your overall academic and career trajectory. Your honesty and the strength of your academic purpose will be key in securing your visa. I wish you all the best.
Thanks a bunch for this.

I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Zobbam: 3:47pm On Feb 15
Please how do one calculate POF and what rate is it black market rate
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jeweloftheEast: 9:24pm On Feb 15
LOL!!
Where do I even start.
my visa was denied today
Lodged 24th Jan 2024
Biometrics 29th Jan 2024
Medicals 30th Jan 2024
Denied 15th February 2024

Reason they don't think I'll return to naija after my graduate studies.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 12:59am On Feb 16
jeweloftheEast:
LOL!!
Where do I even start.
my visa was denied today
Lodged 24th Jan 2024
Biometrics 29th Jan 2024
Medicals 30th Jan 2024

Sorry to hear about your denial. Unfortunately there has been an increase in student visa refusals lately.

It will help if you can list the documents you submitted including your course of study, so that members can advise you accordingly.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 1:26am On Feb 16
Zobbam:
Please how do one calculate POF and what rate is it black market rate
1 year course fee (excluding deposit) + 1 year Living expenses + flight ticket. Use google rate for conversion.

e.g Let's say my tuition fee for 2 years program is $80,000 Here is how my POF will look like;

First semester deposit to pay = $20,000

POF to show will be the following;

1 year of remaining program fee = $40,000
1 year living expenses = $24,505
Flight ticket = $3,000
Total POF = $67,500 (when converted to Naira using current google rate of N989.20) = N66,770,947

I hope this helps. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Reanzi: 5:26am On Feb 16
NB1912:

1 year course fee (excluding deposit) + 1 year Living expenses + flight ticket. Use google rate for conversion.

e.g Let's say my tuition fee for 2 years program is $80,000 Here is how my POF will look like;

Flight ticket = $3,000
Total POF = $67,500 (when converted to Naira using current google rate of N989.20) = N66,770,947

Please can we use dollar/dom account for POF?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 11:39am On Feb 16
jeweloftheEast:
LOL!!
Where do I even start.
my visa was denied today
Lodged 24th Jan 2024
Biometrics 29th Jan 2024
Medicals 30th Jan 2024

So sorry to hear that. You can defer your start date and posssibly refine the documents you have or get more documents to reapply.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jeweloftheEast: 2:36pm On Feb 16
It's possible to do that?
The school is UWA
AussieJoan:

So sorry to hear that. You can defer your start date and posssibly refine the documents you have or get more documents to reapply.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Itzpetersv: 5:45pm On Feb 16
Tired of this POF thing mehn. Is there any safe means to secure proof of funds

NB1912:

Flight ticket = $3,000

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 6:27pm On Feb 16
jeweloftheEast:
It's possible to do that?
The school is UWA

Contact your school and tell them you want to defer your course to the next available intake and will re-apply for the visa
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nues1769: 1:06pm On Feb 17
AussieJoan:

Hi, please is the age restriction for post study visa apply to both the applicant and the dependant (spouse) or it only applies to the main applicant.
Thanks in advance l.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wonderboy1(m): 5:15am On Feb 18
AussieJoan:

Contact your school and tell them you want to defer your course to the next available intake and will re-apply for the visa

His coe might've been cancelled by the school.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wonderboy1(m): 5:15am On Feb 18
nues1769:

Hi, please is the age restriction for post study visa apply to both the applicant and the dependant (spouse) or it only applies to the main applicant.
Thanks in advance l.
To the main applicant
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nues1769: 11:09am On Feb 18
Wonderboy1:

To the main applicant
Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lushbaby: 12:39pm On Feb 18
Hello!!!
Please i need assistance from anyone living in Hobart Tasmania that can accommodate me for few dayswhile i get an accommodation or anyone that has a link for an accommodation shd help. Iam a student and i am reauming classes on Monday 26/02. Thank you as I anticipate for your response.

Tolulope.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 1:17pm On Feb 18
Wonderboy1:

His coe might've been cancelled by the school.
It's possible but not everyone get their coe cancelled after a refusal.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 1:18pm On Feb 18
Lushbaby:
Hello!!!
Please i need assistance from anyone living in Hobart Tasmania that can accommodate me for few dayswhile i get an accommodation or anyone that has a link for an accommodation shd help. Iam a student and i am reauming classes on Monday 26/02. Thank you as I anticipate for your response.

Tolulope.

If you're unable to find someone, consider using airbnb for a few days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.