Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,839 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1247630 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 1:20pm On Feb 18
nues1769:

Hi, please is the age restriction for post study visa apply to both the applicant and the dependant (spouse) or it only applies to the main applicant.
Thanks in advance l.

Technically it's the main applicant but the dependant can't get the post study visa without the main applicant.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 1:36pm On Feb 18
Gbemyco:
Hi Gurus in the house. Need your guidance please 🙏🙏

Recently received a PhD scholarship offer at one of the Go8 Australian universities covering full tuition fee, stipend and also received couple's OSHC support based on agreed terms.

My questions:

1. What are additional supporting documents, aside the CoE, GTE, OSHC & all related medicals, am to include in my visa application for myself and wife only?

2. In what ways can we show strong home ties considering that I will be applying with my wife?

3. Do I still need provide statement of account as proof of funds for the couple's visa application considering that my research program is on full Scholarship?

4. Can you just give a general tip on what best to be done to increase my chances of getting the visa for myself and wife applying once?

Finally, I look forward to connecting with anyone in my case intending to apply for couple's visa from now till June this year.

Thank you so much for your anticipated responses and tips.
1. Passport, Evidence of financial capacity, English language proficiency, Academic transcripts and certificates, Resume, Marriage certificate, Previous travel history including visa grant and refusal.

2. To show strong home ties, you can provide evidence of property ownership, family ties in your home country, a letter from your current employer indicating your leave of absence and expected return to work. Any evidence that demonstrates your intention to return after your studies is valuable.

3. Even with a fully funded scholarship, it is advisable to provide a statement of account to show you have sufficient funds for any unforeseen expenses or emergencies. This demonstrates your overall financial preparedness.

4. Ensure all your documents are complete, accurate, and well-organized. In addition, provide clear, concise, and honest answers in your application, especially in the GTE statement. Finally, show consistency in your answers and documents, especially regarding your study plans, future career goals, and reasons for studying in Australia with your wife.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by e90(m): 3:10pm On Feb 18
I ve gotten admission @CQUniversity Brisbane, for master of construction management (July intake)but I am thinking of discontinuing the visa processing because of this new rules,I will be 35 before completion of the program. Pls, what can I do now?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gabriel2005: 10:26am On Feb 19
Please I need advice I want to study in Australia for pilot flight training I’m 18 and the person responsible for my flight training is my grand uncle can he be my sponsor ? Will I need to show affidavit Orr it must be my parents who must sponsor me please I need your help and advice?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by frank2zee: 2:15pm On Feb 19
e90:
I ve gotten admission @CQUniversity Brisbane, for master of construction management (July intake)but I am thinking of discontinuing the visa processing because of this new rules,I will be 35 before completion of the program. Pls, what can I do now?

You will be 35yrs, nit above 35yrs so you will still be eligible for the post study visa.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by e90(m): 9:06pm On Feb 19
Thanks bro for the response. But I want to get it clear, I am 34 now, by the time I will be through with the program I will be 36,do I still qualify for Post study visa.
frank2zee:

You will be 35yrs, nit above 35yrs so you will still be eligible for the post study visa.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 2:51am On Feb 20
e90:
Thanks bro for the response. But I want to get it clear, I am 34 now, by the time I will be through with the program I will be 36,do I still qualify for Post study visa.

Unfortunately, you won't be. However, speak to a migration agent about your visa options post study before refusing the offer.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gabriel2005: 3:59am On Feb 22
Please are they any post graduate working permits in Australia after studying ?? And how can one apply ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 3:55pm On Feb 22
Gabriel2005:
Please I need advice I want to study in Australia for pilot flight training I’m 18 and the person responsible for my flight training is my grand uncle can he be my sponsor ? Will I need to show affidavit Orr it must be my parents who must sponsor me please I need your help and advice?
The closer the family member the better your chance. Looking at the current student visa trend I wouldn't recommend. The choice is yours.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gabriel2005: 4:18pm On Feb 22
NB1912:

The closer the family member the better your chance. Looking at the current student visa trend I wouldn't recommend. The choice is yours.
What do you mean by current study visa trend ??
Can you elaborate ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 9:56am On Feb 23
Gabriel2005:

What do you mean by current study visa trend ??
Can you elaborate ?

Visa application rejection rated are at an all time high and some institutions are either withdrawing CEO or blacklisting all applicants from particular countries.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gabriel2005: 2:30pm On Feb 24
AussieJoan:

Visa application rejection rated are at an all time high and some institutions are either withdrawing CEO or blacklisting all applicants from particular countries.
So how is that relating to me if my financial sponsor and I meet all the requirements ??!!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 10:51pm On Feb 24
Gabriel2005:

So how is that relating to me if my financial sponsor and I meet all the requirements ??!!

Your documents could be in perfect order and you may still get rejected.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wonder1844(m): 7:18pm On Feb 25
Good evening everyone,
Please I want to ask if it's wise to state that my in-law ( my wife's immediate elder brother) lives in Australia and my wife intend staying with him in my GTE statement. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 1:21pm On Feb 27
Wonder1844:
Good evening everyone,
Please I want to ask if it's wise to state that my in-law ( my wife's immediate elder brother) lives in Australia and my wife intend staying with him in my GTE statement. Thanks
Whether you stay with family members or you buy a mansion to live in, they don't care. What matters is that you show evidence that you have the capacity to cover your living expenses and pay your tuition fees for the duration of your stay in Australia.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by wilsonobee: 12:12am On Mar 03
Hello, good day everyone, please I’m new here. I would like to know 2 things
1. the requirements and procedures for a study Visa. (I’m 19 and would like to study nursing).
- also Can anyone recommend cheap schools accepting international student.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bukeevirgo: 10:37am On Mar 06
Goodmorning family I'm a newbie just want to know if Australia conducts visa interview for students ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 11:41pm On Mar 06
wilsonobee:
1. the requirements and procedures for a study Visa. (I’m 19 and would like to study nursing).
1. Read a few pages on this thread to understand the requirement. It will really help you.

2. There are a few less expensive schools, however, I won't recommend them due to the current visa trend and the governments crackdown on non genuine students. I will advise you go for AL1 schools to give yourself a chance of getting a visa.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 11:49pm On Mar 06
Bukeevirgo:
Goodmorning family I'm a newbie just want to know if Australia conducts visa interview for students ?
While it's not a common practice for case officers to conduct an interview, there have been instances where case officers have reached out directly to the visa applicant. These rare occurrences typically involve the case officer seeking clarification or additional information.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 4:01pm On Mar 07
wilsonobee:

1. Decide on the state you want to study in.
2. Search for A1 level schools that offer the nursing program
3. Write your PTE
4. Send in your application (DIY or via an agent)
5. Get admission and pay the deposit to get your COE.
6. Prepare the necessary documents to file a visa (Passport, PTE, Financial documents, SOP e.tc)
7. Submit your Visa application
8. Go for your biometrics and medicals
9. Wait for your Visa Outcome
10. If Visa is granted, book a flight and travel to Australia

With the current visa trend, getting a visa with a cheap school is very diffcult
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bukeevirgo: 9:26am On Mar 08
NB1912:

While it's not a common practice for case officers to conduct an interview, there have been instances where case officers have reached out directly to the visa applicant. These rare occurrences typically involve the case officer seeking clarification or additional information.

THANK YOU
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sexybol(m): 1:23am On Mar 09
Good day all,

I have been following this thread from the beginning and am quite informed on student visa applications. I have a case that will need more clarity from those who understand the trend in Australian visas. I am a Marine Engineer and would like to go to Australia to get my Class 2 and Chief Engineer COC. I have gotten 3 schools where i can prepare for this course and assessment. One in University of Tasmania (very expensive), TAFE NSW and another TAFE institution that i cannot remember where it is located. The TAFE are relatively cheap, and the course duration is 9 months, while UNITAS is through a Masters, which is 2 years. I am not interested in the Masters but rather get my COC and leave the country, but i heard that Nigeria is blacklisted at the moment for student visas, especially Masters. My question is What other routes are available for this type of training? It's not even on their PR list, and i dont intend to stay more than a year. I have already gotten an eligibility letter that allows me to take the course in Australia from the regulatory body. candid advice, please
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bukeevirgo: 1:44am On Mar 17
Please can someone add me to the Australian student telegram group
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by steveyen(m): 5:16pm On Mar 19
Hi everyone. I am new here

I am getting my documents for visa submission.

Agent told me the school I am applying to don't need POF. However, they need sponsor business documents to show financial capacity.

Pls can I use tax clearance certificate to show the financial capacity? The sponsor has a company(business name - sole proprietorship)

If that is the case can one use the electronic tax clearance certificate (e-tcc) issued by Lagos state internal revenue? This e-tcc is only like an ID card.

My thought is that if one submit only the e-tcc how would they be able to judge the sponsor capacity with just only an ID card issued by Lagos state tax office .

Please help us needed on this
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by frank2zee: 6:11pm On Mar 19
Hello guys.. Please I need clarification on this.
An agent told me that I would pay my first year tuition fees as initial deposit before the school can issue me a COE.
Please guys how true is this bkos I have always thought that initial deposit is a fraction of your first year annual tuition?

Please guys I need your urgent responses.
Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by steveyen(m): 2:57am On Mar 20
Hi everyone I am new here.

I am about to submit document for visa. My agent said there is no need for POF. However, the sponsor financial documents will be needed which is the business certificates and the tax clearance certificate that will be used to access the financial capability.

However, the tax clearance certificate given by Lagos state inland revenue is just a plastic card called electronic tax clearance certificate.

Would this electronic tax clearance be acceptable? Can it affect the visa approval? What do I do in this case? Thank you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 12:50am On Mar 21
frank2zee:
Hello guys.. Please I need clarification on this.
An agent told me that I would pay my first year tuition fees as initial deposit before the school can issue me a COE.
Please guys how true is this bkos I have always thought that initial deposit is a fraction of your first year annual tuition?

Please guys I need your urgent responses.
Thanks

The initial deposit is usually half of one term tuition. You can contact your school directly for clarification (just state your student ID for reference)
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 12:52am On Mar 21
steveyen:
Hi everyone I am new here.

I am about to submit document for visa. My agent said there is no need for POF. However, the sponsor financial documents will be needed which is the business certificates and the tax clearance certificate that will be used to access the financial capability.

However, the tax clearance certificate given by Lagos state inland revenue is just a plastic card called electronic tax clearance certificate.

Would this electronic tax clearance be acceptable? Can it affect the visa approval? What do I do in this case? Thank you.

Get your POF documents (and possibly a new agent).

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 12:55am On Mar 21
NEW GENUINE STUDENT REQUIREMENT

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by desertboom(m): 2:28pm On Mar 21
AussieJoan:
NEW GENUINE STUDENT REQUIREMENT

Does it mean the English Language requirement is on pending? Because from the document I could read that it's being finalised.

Immigration is becoming difficult every each day
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gbemyco: 6:35pm On Mar 21
NB1912:

1. Passport, Evidence of financial capacity, English language proficiency, Academic transcripts and certificates, Resume, Marriage certificate, Previous travel history including visa grant and refusal.

2. To show strong home ties, you can provide evidence of property ownership, family ties in your home country, a letter from your current employer indicating your leave of absence and expected return to work. Any evidence that demonstrates your intention to return after your studies is valuable.

3. Even with a fully funded scholarship, it is advisable to provide a statement of account to show you have sufficient funds for any unforeseen expenses or emergencies. This demonstrates your overall financial preparedness.

4. Ensure all your documents are complete, accurate, and well-organized. In addition, provide clear, concise, and honest answers in your application, especially in the GTE statement. Finally, show consistency in your answers and documents, especially regarding your study plans, future career goals, and reasons for studying in Australia with your wife.
thank you very much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.