Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

"I Won’t Give Up On Biafran Agitation" - Nnamdi Kanu - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Won’t Give Up On Biafran Agitation" - Nnamdi Kanu (24740 Views)

Igbo Presidency Waste Of Time, Won’t End Biafra Agitation — Nnamdi Kanu / Obasanjo Will Die For Condemning Biafra Agitation – Nnamdi Kanu / We Are Not Part Of Your Agitation – Nnamdi Kanu’s Community Tell IPOB Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Won’t Give Up On Biafran Agitation" - Nnamdi Kanu by donborg(m): 5:40pm On May 12, 2017
jpphilips:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Ladies and gentlemen, thank you tour to prove Orji uzor helped kanu!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Even a child will find you ridiculous.
even if you want me to believe your claim of conspiracy, the onus is on kanu or orji uzor kalu to announce it openly by their words or actions. kanu is handicapped by his bail conditions while orji uzor kalu has been quiet. IPOB is going ahead with their planned remembrance day (which is a precursor to the proposed referendum) which I think kanu would've stopped if he has been compromised. as for me, I will continue to trust kanu till the day he contests election in Nigeria like ojukwu did.
Re: "I Won’t Give Up On Biafran Agitation" - Nnamdi Kanu by donborg(m): 5:57pm On May 12, 2017
jpphilips:

Despite giving you hours to do a comprehensive research, you could only come up with this? you know in my usual style I would have told you outrightly that you are hopelessly dvmb, for some reasons I restrained myself because you sound more human than most IPOB followers, in a bid not to disrupt your wet dreams, can you please tell us anywhere in the world where civil disobedience and boycott of civil obligations has ever led to a national referendum, just one country please?

Finally are you aware that a UN declaration is not binding under international law, let me suppose you are not hopelessly dvmb like other IPOB members, explain to us the modalities you will adopt to implement a non binding UN declaration?
You have the whole weekend to research further.
35 Eritrea was part of Ethiopia, a federal State that had existed since
1952. Following the overthrow of Mengistu Haile Mariam in Ethiopia and
the military liberation of Eritrea by the Eritrea People’s Liberation Front,
Ethiopia’s National Charter accepted the right of the Eritrean people to
self-determination. The UN General Assembly authorized the Secretary-
General to establish a UN Observer Mission to Verify the Referendum in
Eritrea ( UNGA Res 47/114 [16 December 1992] ). The referendum, held on
23–25 April 1993, resulted in a 99.81% vote for independence, which was
declared on 24 May 1993. Eritrea was admitted to membership in the
United Nations by General Assembly Resolution 47/230 of 28 May 1993 .
36 A UN-organized referendum to decide whether East Timor would
secede from Indonesia took place in August 1999. The overwhelming vote
of the population for independence ended 25 years of Indonesian
occupation ( Security Council Resolutions 1246 of 11 June 1999 and 1272
of 25 October 1999
).
37 A UN proposal for the reunification of Cyprus (the ‘Annan Plan’) was
rejected in a referendum held on 24 April 2004. The Plan was approved by
the Turkish Cypriot Community and rejected by the Greek Cypriot
Community, thus making it null and void.
38 On 27 June 1990, the Security Council adopted Resolution 658
endorsing a proposal for a ceasefire between Morocco and the Frente
Polisario, and the holding of a referendum under UN auspices to enable
the people of Western Sahara to choose between independence and
integration with Morocco. No progress has been made since to implement
this resolution.
39 For Cassese (68 n 2), ‘the crucial importance of the UN for the
development of the international law of self-determination is obvious and is
linked to the fact that this principle could not emerge and take shape
without UN action and scrutiny’.
Re: "I Won’t Give Up On Biafran Agitation" - Nnamdi Kanu by jpphilips(m): 8:54pm On May 12, 2017
Eritrea was part of Ethiopia, a federal State that had existed since
1952. Following the overthrow of Mengistu Haile Mariam in Ethiopia and
the military liberation of Eritrea by the Eritrea People’s Liberation Front,
Ethiopia’s National Charter accepted the right of the Eritrean people to
self-determination. The UN General Assembly authorized the Secretary-
General to establish a UN Observer Mission to Verify the Referendum in
Eritrea ( UNGA Res 47/114 [16 December 1992] ). The referendum, held on
23–25 April 1993, resulted in a 99.81% vote for independence, which was
declared on 24 May 1993. Eritrea was admitted to membership in the
United Nations by General Assembly Resolution 47/230 of 28 May 1993 .

At Independence, Eritrea was a loose federation with Ethiopia, independent administrative and judicial structure, had its own flag, and control over its domestic affairs, including police, local administration, and taxation. The federal government, which for all intents and purposes was the existing imperial government, was to control foreign affairs (including commerce), defense, finance, and transportation.
The country was didvided from independence, it is not quintessential to the Nigerian situation,

Even when the Emperor of Ethiopia dissolved the Eritrean assembly, they fought for over 30yrs and ELP won the central Ethiopian government and took Addis Ababa. Your Biafra fought Nigeria for 3yrs and surrendered, apples and oranges. No comparison.

FAIL!!

36 A UN-organized referendum to decide whether East Timor would
secede from Indonesia took place in August 1999. The overwhelming vote
of the population for independence ended 25 years of Indonesian
occupation ( Security Council Resolutions 1246 of 11 June 1999 and 1272
of 25 October 1999
).

East timor was already an independent state by 1975, later annexed by indonesia, comparing that with Nigeria and Biafra is definitely a wet dream. Another fail!!

37 A UN proposal for the reunification of Cyprus (the ‘Annan Plan’) was
rejected in a referendum held on 24 April 2004. The Plan was approved by
the Turkish Cypriot Community and rejected by the Greek Cypriot
Community, thus making it null and void.
38 On 27 June 1990, the Security Council adopted Resolution 658
endorsing a proposal for a ceasefire between Morocco and the Frente
Polisario, and the holding of a referendum under UN auspices to enable
the people of Western Sahara to choose between independence and
integration with Morocco. No progress has been made since to implement
this resolution.
39 For Cassese (68 n 2), ‘the crucial importance of the UN for the
development of the international law of self-determination is obvious and is
linked to the fact that this principle could not emerge and take shape
without UN action and scrutiny’.

Cyprus was already independent as a country by 1960 later invaded by Turkey, how does it compare to Biafra as a break away state from Nigeria? Another collosal fail!!

Incase you forgot the question I asked, where in the world has civil disobedience and Boycott of civil responsibilities led to a national referendum?

Where in the world has a country broken out from a country using a UN declaration ?
It is unfortunate that I sincerely thought you are an IPOB with a brain, yet you don't know the difference between a UN declaration and a UN resolution.
This is a pitiably shameful really.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Won’t Give Up On Biafran Agitation" - Nnamdi Kanu by jpphilips(m): 9:16pm On May 12, 2017
donborg:
even if you want me to believe your claim of conspiracy, the onus is on kanu or orji uzor kalu to announce it openly by their words or actions. kanu is handicapped by his bail conditions while orji uzor kalu has been quiet. IPOB is going ahead with their planned remembrance day (which is a precursor to the proposed referendum) which I think kanu would've stopped if he has been compromised. as for me, I will continue to trust kanu till the day he contests election in Nigeria like ojukwu did.

I am glad you admitted Ojukwu contesting election in Nigeria is madness, you want orji uzor Kalu to talk to the press to prove he helped Kanu? Did you really say that? Who is Kanu to join issues with Kalu? Thats an insult, Nnamdi Kanu is a scion of motor park touts, shoe makers and casera hawkers. Who is he in the scheme of things?
Re: "I Won’t Give Up On Biafran Agitation" - Nnamdi Kanu by donborg(m): 11:17pm On May 12, 2017
jpphilips:

I am glad you admitted Ojukwu contesting election in Nigeria is madness, you want orji uzor Kalu to talk to the press to prove he helped Kanu? Did you really say that? Who is Kanu to join issues with Kalu? Thats an insult, Nnamdi Kanu is a scion of motor park touts, shoe makers and casera hawkers. Who is he in the scheme of things?
you can't compare a freedom fighter with a politician whom we all know stole abia people's money as governor. we all know how he became an errand boy to buhari after EFCC started investigating him!
Re: "I Won’t Give Up On Biafran Agitation" - Nnamdi Kanu by jpphilips(m): 10:48am On May 17, 2017
donborg:
you can't compare a freedom fighter with a politician whom we all know stole abia people's money as governor. we all know how he became an errand boy to buhari after EFCC started investigating him!

Orji uzor kalu being an elite doesnt make him any less corrupt dont get me wrong, nevertheless, we are particularly interested in who an individual is in the society and the influence he wields, such he has proved on Nnamdi kanu's life, make no mistakes about that.
I rather believe the influence of an Elite like Orji uzor than a nobody like kanu a mere radio trasmitting champion!!.
Re: "I Won’t Give Up On Biafran Agitation" - Nnamdi Kanu by donborg(m): 5:44pm On May 17, 2017
jpphilips:

Orji uzor kalu being an elite doesnt make him any less corrupt dont get me wrong, nevertheless, we are particularly interested in who an individual is in the society and the influence he wields, such he has proved on Nnamdi kanu's life, make no mistakes about that.
I rather believe the influence of an Elite like Orji uzor than a nobody like kanu a mere radio trasmitting champion!!.
people were and are still ready to die for Kanu while your so called elitist orjiuzor kalu could not even muster a single person to protest for him when he was detained by the efcc

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court / FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt / Buhari Orders Central Bank To Halt Payment For Food And Fertilizer Imports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.