Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,466 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

A Relationship Should Be Between Two People, Not The Whole World - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Relationship Should Be Between Two People, Not The Whole World (892 Views)

If You Have Ever Slept In A Room With Two People Having Sex, Please Kindly Share / Poster Warning People Not To Touch Partner's Private Part While Driving / At What Point In A Relationship Should A Lady Start Asking For Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Relationship Should Be Between Two People, Not The Whole World by Sweetlife69(m): 8:06am On May 10, 2017
It has become too easy to tell the world what we’re doing and with whom. As much as you want to shout it to the heavens, Intimacy means “Very private” “closely personal”. This means that your intimate times with your partner should be shared between you TWO. Giving occasional shout outs to your significant other on social is not a bad thing , but if you feel the need to post every moment of your relationship on social media, It’s likely a sign of a much bigger issue.

When you post all these mushy stuff, you are unable to avoid people’s unrealistic expectations of you. There is less pressure when the whole of your friends and their friends and colleagues and some strangers don’t know what’s going on with you. When you want to make decisions, it will be about you, not about what your followers may or may not think

It is sad-but-true that the “likes” people get on their personal Instagram and Facebook pages sometimes directly correlate with their feelings of self-worth. So if you share something really special on social media (i.e., your relationship), you’ll naturally take the feedback to heart. Listen, all it takes to “like” something is a mindless click of a mouse. Measuring the depth of your relationship by the amount of likes or attention your pictures or videos get can make you resent your relationship especially when people get too busy to “like”.

When you post your relationship life on social media, you give people the opportunity to track your life. People who don’t like you will screen shot and scrutinize every detail of the picture until they find something. Why do you think your relationship deserves to go through such unnecessary scrutiny?

If you’re truly happy and secure in your relationship, you shouldn’t care what anyone thinks. Actually, you shouldn’t think about them at all. If you want to post something about you and your partner next time, call him or her instead, if he’s with you, go hold his hand. Use your hands to build intimacy in your relationship, don’t use them to break down the privacy walls so everyone can get a front row seat.

SOURCE: www.sweetlife69.com
Re: A Relationship Should Be Between Two People, Not The Whole World by firstking01(m): 8:08am On May 10, 2017
Ok, all you 've said are true but people would still seek advice online which is not bad.
Re: A Relationship Should Be Between Two People, Not The Whole World by Sweetlife69(m): 8:26am On May 10, 2017
maybe! but not all those who will give online advice have experienced what you have.
firstking01:
Ok, all you 've said are true but people would still seek advice online which is not bad.
Re: A Relationship Should Be Between Two People, Not The Whole World by MysteriousAnn(f): 8:54am On May 10, 2017
firstking01:
Why would anyone in his right sense seek advise from someone you don't know and probably won't meet till you die? undecided In fact, most give advises they themselves can't take. It's more reasonable to engage such discussions with people mutually close to you.
Re: A Relationship Should Be Between Two People, Not The Whole World by simplyhonest(m): 8:55am On May 10, 2017
a nice article
Re: A Relationship Should Be Between Two People, Not The Whole World by luckyz4rea(m): 9:06am On May 10, 2017
firstking01:

Seeking advice online is not the same as broadcasting your private life online!
Re: A Relationship Should Be Between Two People, Not The Whole World by firstking01(m): 9:32am On May 10, 2017
MysteriousAnn:
Why would anyone in his right sense seek advise from someone you don't know and probably won't meet till you die? undecided In fact, most give advises they themselves can't take. It's more reasonable to engage such discussions with people mutually close to you.
Smh, this your statement is secluded and myopic...i can bet my whole lucrative life you 've conciously given someone advice here beforeundecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Relationship Should Be Between Two People, Not The Whole World by MysteriousAnn(f): 9:39am On May 10, 2017
firstking01:
Smh, this your statement is secluded and myopic...i can bet my whole lucrative life you 've conciously given someone advice here beforeundecided
shocked Brother, why the lie!? Was it a Relationship advice? Then, it's not me. Why don't you bring your relationship issues to the net if you're in support of such?
Re: A Relationship Should Be Between Two People, Not The Whole World by firstking01(m): 9:56am On May 10, 2017
MysteriousAnn:

shocked Brother, why the lie!? Was it a Relationship advice? Then, it's not me. Why don't you bring your relationship issues to the net if you're in support of such?
Some people are born motivationist, counsellor, and experts in relationship matters...so, do you expect these sets of people to bring their relationship issues online?, the obvious answer is NO cos at every interval of their lives they know the precautions to take and how to handle relationship issues in their lives...such persons hardly get lost on what decissions to take when ever they find themselves in disarrays in their relationship....and ofcourse you know everybody was not born to be like those set of people which is why i cannot bring my relationship issues online cos i 've never fallen bereft on how to handle my gf each time she messed up cool....

And more over, one of the reasons why sites and platforms like this was created is for people to get help in all ramifications of their lives including facebook, twitter, whatsapp and what have you....

Have a good day dear.
Re: A Relationship Should Be Between Two People, Not The Whole World by MysteriousAnn(f): 10:14am On May 10, 2017
firstking01:
Some people are born motivationist, counsellor, and experts in relationship matters...so, do you expect these sets of people to bring their relationship issues online?, the obvious answer is NO cos at every interval of their lives they know the precautions to take and how to handle relationship issues in their lives...such persons hardly get lost on what decissions to take when ever they find themselves in disarrays in their relationship....and ofcourse you know everybody was not born to be like those set of people which is why i cannot bring my relationship issues online cos i 've never fallen bereft on how to handle my gf each time she messed up cool....

And more over, one of the reasons why sites and platforms like this was created is for people to get help in all ramifications of their lives including facebook, twitter, whatsapp and what have you....

Have a good day dear.

LOL, you can sweet mouth words. Most of the relationship issues brought to online platforms don't get solved even after comments upon comments. BTW, 75% of the advice given would be 'wrong advice'.
Re: A Relationship Should Be Between Two People, Not The Whole World by babyfaceafrica: 10:23am On May 10, 2017
You have a point..some people don't know how to manage issues..all they don is make noise about their relationship.. There is a reason why it is called private!!..if you have issues in your relationship, kindly seek advise from people you know,not Facebook,Twitter, nairaland and 2go..some people lack class!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Ohhh... Hot O - Cry Of A Deprived Nigerian / A Word To Our Slay Queens / Opinions On Sex, Size Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.