Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

"How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" - Religion (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" (93420 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / How To Witness To A Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (Reply)

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Ken4Christ: 11:26pm On May 13, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
www.livingwaters.com

"How can one witness to a Jehovah's Witness? They know so much about the bible and even revered Jesus but they don't believe that Jesus is God." Rocio Soto

I make it a habit not to try and convince a Jehovah's Witness that Jesus is God in human form. There are two reasons for this.

The first is that they have their own version of the Bible that removes references to the true nature of Jesus.

Second, when Jesus asked Peter "Who do you say that I am?" Jesus said to him that flesh and blood hadn't revealed that truth to him, but "my Father who is in Heaven." God is the one who reveals who Jesus is, so I leave that up to Him.

So you have two insurmountable hurdles if you argue doctrine with a JW. They move the goalposts, and they are spiritually blind.

The key to unlocking the door to them is to identify the real issue.

That issue is that JW's are a works righteousness religion. You can uncover this by saying, "There's a knife in my back and I have three minutes to live. What should I do to enter the Kingdom?" It's then that you will discover that they are trusting in works for their salvation rather than in the grace of God through Jesus Christ.

So you have to put them up the River Niagara without a paddle.

Strip them of their false hope. No one will be saved through good works or by being religious. The way to do that is to take them through the spiritual nature of God's Law (the Ten Commandments). Then share the biblical gospel with them--that we are saved by grace through faith alone (without works), and pray that God opens their eyes to the truth.

Once they are truly born again they will leave the Jehovah's Witnesses and become witness of Jesus Christ:

"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and YOU SHALL BE WITNESS TO ME in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth" Acts 1:8, caps added)

If you don't know how to go through God's Law watch www.NoahTheMovie.com (1.2 million views).

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 11 May 2014

The other problem the Jehovah Witness has that makes it difficult to preach to them is that they try to reason out everything in God's word.

There are so many truth in God's word that don’t appeal to reasons. You have to believe them even if it does not appeal to our senses.

For instance, they try to figure out a loving God would send someone to hell. They back it up by asking if a father could punish his son in fire because he did something wrong.

So, base on that logic, they conclude that there is no hell. They now commit all their time and resources looking for scriptures that appears to support their preconceived opinions and ignore many others that says otherwise.

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:34pm On May 13, 2022
Ken4Christ:

The other problem the Jehovah Witness has that makes it difficult to preach to them is that they try to reason out everything in God's word.

There are so many truth in God's word that don’t appeal to reasons. You have to believe them even if it does not appeal to our senses.

For instance, they try to figure out a loving God would send someone to hell. They back it up by asking if a father could punish his son in fire because he did something wrong.

So, base on that logic, they conclude that there is no hell. They now commit all their time and resources looking for scriptures that appears to support their preconceived opinions and ignore many others that says otherwise.

True. They also take their Watchtower literatures as their final authority over the Holy Bible and if they believe the Bible at all it has to be according to their twisted version.

3 Likes

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:21pm On May 18, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (Reply)

Pastor Dr. JS Yusuf Anoints Pant/Bra With A Print Of His Face To Attract Men / 300 Workers Resign From Pastor Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Church / Stephanie Otobo's BBM Sex Chats With Apostle Suleman Released By Her (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.