Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities (18657 Views)

10 Things You Didn't Know About Covenant University: World Universities Ranking / Times World Universities Rankings 2020: See How African Universities Fared / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 8:08am On May 12, 2017
comshots:
What is the outcome of it research in times of practical innovation

This was also detailed in that report.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 8:08am On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:

I think CU would become better. They must have been shocked by the amount of bad press they received because of suspensions and expulsions. I believe they know that the higher they go the riskier it is to misbehave because many of their Foreign partner institutions would flee if reports of extremism abound. So I agree with you the uni must find a way to resolve issues better.

VERY TRUE.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by newslifeop: 8:09am On May 12, 2017
Ok
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 8:11am On May 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

This was also detailed in that report.
Just mention it innovation.
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by deebsman1(m): 8:11am On May 12, 2017
PR. Name 1 real discovery they have made. Just noise
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 8:11am On May 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

Yes they are already doing that with a number of reputable universities all over the world.

Speaking about Glasgow and Edinburgh; how about them?
LBS does a lot of research work with Glasgow and Edinburgh which gives LBS an higher International profile. As It is now I have not seen one Nigerian university which has been able to harness the relationship LBS has with top institutions in the world probably due to counterpart funding. Which should not be a problem for CU. For instance as CU and Lancaster engages in research. We may need to pay our own part and Lancaster would pay its own part. But most Nigerian universities can't engage in joint works unless it has been sponsored by world bank, unesco or imf. So CU should leverage on the influence of LBS.
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 8:14am On May 12, 2017
deebsman1:
PR. Name 1 real discovery they have made. Just noise
Lol so what does a research work do? Kai you need to go back to your village if you don't know that Research work is always based on findings or discoveries.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 8:17am On May 12, 2017
comshots:
Just mention it innovation.

Innovativeness in institutions' core areas of research is part of what make the rank better, coupled with citations and research volume.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 8:19am On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:

LBS does a lot of research work with Glasgow and Edinburgh which gives LBS an higher International profile. As It is now I have not seen one Nigerian university which has been able to harness the relationship LBS has with top institutions in the world probably due to counterpart funding. Which should not be a problem for CU. For instance as CU and Lancaster engages in research. We may need to pay our own part and Lancaster would pay its own part. But most Nigerian universities can't engage in joint works unless it has been sponsored by world bank, unesco or imf. So CU should leverage on the influence of LBS.

Okay I see. CU has a very good relationship with LBS, they could also leverage on that to get such necessary partnerships to boot their international profile. Even the PMI stuff is a big plus.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nakuza(m): 8:22am On May 12, 2017
Congratulations to the governing councils! These are types of development we want to be hearing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 8:38am On May 12, 2017
Nothing is stopping Covenant for the dream, nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 8:40am On May 12, 2017
Agimor:
Covenant is one of the most outstanding University in the Country.... Kudos to them.

"Covenant is one of the most outstanding Universities in the Country.... Kudos to them."

It is one out of two or more! I ain't surprised, anyways. Even some of the so called Nigerian scholars make this mistake.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 8:48am On May 12, 2017
sbashir10:
We need more school like covenant, Christian university and even school like al hikma, w[b]here deradicalization of our corrupt mindset can be totally done[/b], teaching with the words of God.

i think we should focus on having more religious institutions, i think covenant is able to achieve this feet because of it's strict discipline and commitment to religious teachings

VERY TRUE!

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 8:50am On May 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

How about prof. CK. Ayo's e-voting works that have been really cited all over the world. All our government officials do is come and applaud and also take pictures, yet nothing is being done about implementation. They would be holding another e-governance conference very soon and I'm not really expecting anything different.

We say we use electronic voting, yet no central server for harvesting information accross the 36 states of the federation. One has to literally go to the state, local govt, and even area where he registered to vote. What a tragicomedy. Well does that are in power know why they left it so!
Very true! I think our govt doesn't want the kind of progress that would rid them of power.
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Jeromejnr(m): 8:53am On May 12, 2017
okoliexpress:
See the way this lovely post is not gathering many likes and shared but a stupid post about breasts or bbnaija or one nonsense post about a retired beauty queen will gain a lot of attention yet someone will come and say nonsense about govt promoting bbn than education.

The unfortunate irony that exists in this nation.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 8:54am On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:

Very true! I think our govt doesn't want the kind of progress that would rid them of power.

Yes but we must continue the good work. Unlike UK, t's the private sector that built America!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Lyoncrescent: 9:07am On May 12, 2017
Great Development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 9:08am On May 12, 2017
Misterdhee1:
Nice achievement. I am only against the school's strict religious values.

They might need to drop some of their extreme Christianity-themed regulations if they intend to achieve their long-term goal. They are right on path tho.

What you have failed to realise is that; Those values are the reason they can achieve this feat...

Before making these statements, you should probably do a little more research about the school and understand their vision and how they intend to achieve their goals

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by bid4rich(m): 9:13am On May 12, 2017
Misterdhee1:

They might need to drop some of their extreme Christianity-themed regulations if they intend to achieve their long-term goal. They are right on path tho.

Those school's strict religious values is what makes them stand out compared with those without.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Misterdhee1(m): 9:20am On May 12, 2017
deleyi20:

What you have failed to realise is that; Those values are the reason they can achieve this feat...

Before making these statements, you should probably do a little more research about the school and understand their vision and how they intend to achieve their goals
I never said those values weren't key to their success so far. My point is for the school to become really world class (i mean achieving a top 100 globally), it will need to be a lil more liberal. Do you think the top universities and research institutes around the world will be willing to partner with a school that supposedly has stringent rules and regulations?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Unesco007: 9:27am On May 12, 2017
thats awesome... but school fees na die
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by ykfeelcool1(m): 9:29am On May 12, 2017
Misterdhee1:

And it is the same strict Christianity religious values that got the school to attain this enviable level of success. I advocate for more of it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Demmzy15(m): 9:39am On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:

But for paucity of funds ABUAD could certainly challenge. I'm not surprised tho the Chancellor, Afe Babalola, is a force in Higher education.
Regarding ABUAD and funds, I think this is grossly overrated. The area they messed up was when they allowed wema bank to complete some of their projects and as you know how banks behave when you delay their payments.

Besides, the teaching hospital and other complexes are 95% complete with the school funds. If they finish with the debt from wema bank, everything will go back to normal. It's a mistake they'll never repeat, giving banks to handle the school!

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by NosoChic: 9:40am On May 12, 2017
datola:
CU is trying but they should translate those findings into visible developments within their locality, Nigeria and the world at large. That is when we can take them more serious. Not some over zealous theoretical Internet relevance finding publications.

Congratulations!

It's almost impossible to effect changes here in Nigeria, those who are heavily benefiting from the mess in this country don't want Nigeria to work. That's the reason why we keep losing talented brains to other countries.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by vantage001: 9:42am On May 12, 2017
When are they going to go into full scale advanced military technology? That is what drives the world.
Missile technology, fighter jets, radar development and the likes.
Every single invention from the 18th century that has helped man has being a product of military research.
And US companies and universities have found out long time ago that to get enough government funding and attention for civilian applied research, you need to show the military application.
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by marv1: 9:42am On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:
I'm really happy for CU. We even got more citations than University of California, Berkeley! The Research Clusters are really coming alive to their work. I would be so much happy when they lead globally in Engineering as a whole. After checking Elsevier document I discovered the Corossion inhibor and Carbon Steel research cluster is led by one family-The Loto family. It seems the Father who is a senior Lecturer is constantly working in that fuel with his sons who are also lecurers. Good work.

I think Bshop Oyedepo and CUCRID has also granted Prof Sanjay and his folks about $816,000 to go into Software development and reverse engineering.

Can barely see the pictures tho.
. Use magnifier on your system to read it. search for it on your system.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by dougivilla(m): 9:45am On May 12, 2017
Misterdhee1:

I never said those values weren't key to their success so far. My point is for the school to become really world class (i mean achieving a top 100 globally), it will need to be a lil more liberal. Do you think the top universities and research institutes around the world will be willing to partner with a school that supposedly has stringent rules and regulations?
Why not, if I may ask? Are partnerships not built on agreements?

And even if that is it, CU will still find emerging universities, that in relative terms share their values and partner with them.

CU is again proving that no one's greatness is tied to anyone else, just remain focused and untiring, the partnerships will even come looking for you, not minding all these grammar.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Arsenalholic1: 9:47am On May 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

Yes, I've been following ABUAD online lately and I must say that I've been thrilled, even though I don't know anybody there!
I've got lots of friends there and visited too in 2014. The standard of that school is high.
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by marv1: 9:49am On May 12, 2017
vantage001:
When are they going to go into full scale advanced military technology? That is what drives the world.
Missile technology, fighter jets, radar development and the likes.
Every single invention from the 18th century that has helped man has being a product of military research.
And US companies and universities have found out long time ago that to get enough government funding and attention for civilian applied research, you need to show the military application.
. The achievements they have made. You could not congratulate them. You are asking for more. Nigerians and funny remarks are 5 and 6. CU only works on focus, if they feel like going further in any other research they can still achieve that. so relax it is a gradual process.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 9:50am On May 12, 2017
simplyhonest:
this is a good development
Very very awesome development. Indeed CU is d new generation havard.. God bless u sir my Bishop Dr David Oyedepo.. Looking forward to do my Msc in CU or Canada.. I am a winner and my case is totally different.. Proudly living faith member.. Faith Terbanacle, Ota...

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by ubox: 9:51am On May 12, 2017
for your building design needs, contact uboks.nyah@yahoo.com for your Awe striking building designs at best rates.
https://www.nairaland.com/3696405/contemporary-moderate-building-designs#54818903

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unn Pre-science/remedial/pre-degree Form/diploma Form Out For Sale / Ijmb In Ilorin - Everything You Need To Know And More / How Federal Universities Ignore Email Enquiries In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.