Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities (18659 Views)

10 Things You Didn't Know About Covenant University: World Universities Ranking / Times World Universities Rankings 2020: See How African Universities Fared / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 2:16pm On May 12, 2017
Samcent:
Guy, take am easy... E be like say war dey hungry you. U fit go Syria or North Korea, we want peaceful and constructive development in Nigeria.

You didn't even refute his points about research works being based on discoveries. Okay do a simple search of CU profile on research gate; or perhaps, search these user profiles: Misra Sanjay, C.A. Loto, A.A. Atayero, C.K. Ayo, Christian Bolu, Mojisola Usikalu, Victor Omotosho. You can request for more if you're still not satisfied with these.
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 2:17pm On May 12, 2017
Samcent:
Guy, take am easy... E be like say war dey hungry you. U fit go Syria or North Korea, we want peaceful and constructive development in Nigeria.

Lool. He's actually making a sound point.
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by vantage001: 2:18pm On May 12, 2017
Samcent:
Okay.
The US who is the greatest military nation on earth is at war abi?
You have bokoharam and you don't think you are at war.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 2:19pm On May 12, 2017
eterisan:
So glad I stumbled on this. Covenant university number in wind power research! Just what I needed for my undergraduate project.

Are you taking a related course?
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Demmzy15(m): 2:23pm On May 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

This is why we continually advocate that TETFUND be made availabe to every school - private universities inclusive.
Fact!!! It'll be safe for me to say government is scared of what private schools can be in the future(we're seeing some now).

Former President Jonathan came when I just got admission in 2013, he made a lot of promises but failed to keep them. VP Osinbajo came on October last year for the convocation, he also made promises but we hope he keeps it.
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 2:28pm On May 12, 2017
Demmzy15:
Fact!!! It'll be safe for me to say government is scared of what private schools can be in the future(we're seeing some now).

Former President Jonathan came when I just got admission in 2013, he made a lot of promises but failed to keep them. VP Osinbajo came on October last year for the convocation, he also made promises but we hope he keeps it.

The thing is that if the make the performance of novel private unis lucidly leapfrog that of their federal and state counterparts by investing public funds, the masses will hold them more accountable for the performance of government owned institutions. Which is what they don't want at all!
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Demmzy15(m): 2:36pm On May 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

The thing is that if the make the performance of novel private unis lucidly leapfrog that of their federal and state counterparts by investing public funds, the masses will hold them more accountable for the performance of government owned institutions. Which is what they don't want at all!
Gbam! Exactly my point, besides, won't it be a prestige for this country that foreign come in for education? Won't this also repair our damaged reputation?

I hope and pray this present government does something, as for the state governor, fayose. His own is to come and separate fight! angry

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Arsenalholic1: 2:38pm On May 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

He's one of the forces that drove unilag to where it is today!
Really? Was he a lecturer there?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 2:42pm On May 12, 2017
Demmzy15:
Gbam! Exactly my point, besides, won't it be a prestige for this country that foreign come in for education? Won't this also repair our damaged reputation?

I hope and pray this present government does something, as for the state governor, fayose. His own is to come and separate fight! angry

Lool, let's hope. This administration is gradually looking more promising to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

Do you have a link to that research pls?
Yes I do. It is also the second research work displayed after "development of a wireless power transfer...." on CU's website.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/309721509_Solar_Photovoltaic_Automobile_Recognition_System_for_Smart-Green_Access_Control_using_RFID_and_LoRa_LPWAN_Technologies
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 2:57pm On May 12, 2017
Arsenalholic1:

Not just a lecturer, I think he was a senior lecturer in the law faculty, and probably a HOD and key member of senate. May be he would have been the vc of Unilag by now but he later left to establish his own school (ABUAD), whcich I think is a good move.
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 2:59pm On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:

Yes I do. It is also the second research work displayed after "development of a wireless power transfer...." on CU's website.

http:///at-recite-247

The link did not open, but I will check the website now.
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

Men, that will really be a massive one.
Yes! But I just hope they translate that money into profit. Even Babcock borrowed money too in 1999 with a 20 year repayment plan.But I think they might have completed payment. But it's all good after all even UK universities do borrow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

The link did not open, but I will check the website now.
Ok I have linked it directly to researchgate now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 3:09pm On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:

Yes! But I just hope they translate that money into profit. Even Babcock borrowed money too in 1999 with a 20 year repayment plan.But I think they might have completed payment. But it's all good after all even UK universities do borrow.

My hope too. But what will happen if they don't pay back?
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 3:10pm On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:

Ok I have linked it directly to researchgate now.

OKAY THANKS!
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

A man of great visions and great commitment to their fulfillment. I look forward to that day when Nigeria will have a president like him.
True Nigeria needs someone like him. A very unbending, rigorous and principled man. CU would give people the chance to understand that his exploits on earth and in d church is as a result of his radical faith and extreme commitment to excellence and not 'brainwashing' as some ignorant folks would remark. But as he once Said " There is no Mountain anywhere, everyman's mountain is his own ignorance".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 12, 2017
Demmzy15:

The truth is our govt is filled with very myopic and childish people. They treat private universities like alien institutions. Would they rather be building more universities when the current budget can't even sustain the current ones. I may not be a graduate of ABUAD but I and everyone else would benefit from ABUAD's success. Also the pride of a great ABUAD doesn't accrue to ABUAD alone but to Ekiti, Nigeria and Africa as a whole.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 12, 2017
Arsenalholic1:
In addition to what TheVictorious Said he was also a Pro chancellor of Unilag and a member of the governing council. He also built the famous Afe Babalola hall in unilag.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 3:51pm On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:

In addition to what TheVictorious Said he was also a Pro chancellor of Unilag and a member of the governing council. He also built the famous Afe Babalola hall in unilag.

Oh thanks. I know that auditorium.
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 3:52pm On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:

True Nigeria needs someone like him. A very unbending, rigorous and principled man. CU would give people the chance to understand that his exploits on earth and in d church is as a result of his radical faith and extreme commitment to excellence and not 'brainwashing' as some ignorant folks would remark. But as he once Said " There is no Mountain anywhere, every man's mountain is his own ignorance".

hmm. wise words!
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:

Concerning your Masters let the Lord lead you to where He wants. Be it Canada or CU, Jesus is faithful to complete what he has begun in you.
thanks bro... God bless..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by jpphilips(m): 5:02pm On May 12, 2017
vantage001:

No, i am calling for a radical shift.
If they want their research to be appreciated by the powers that be, then they need to make it very relevant.
If they develop a conventional missile that has a strike range of 3000km, or an electro-magenetic pulse bomb(EMP), nobody will tell Buhari to fund and implement their research.
Countries especially in under-developed africa will be falling over themselves to fund it.

Have you even checked the non proliferation bottlenecks to be sure Nigeria is allowed to develop such capabilities?
You think you can just go and develop any weapon system and deploy?

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

We really need more people like of papa in this country.
honestly... God will raise gaint like papa among us...
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 5:09pm On May 12, 2017
Danty37:

Amen. and I'm one of them!

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 12, 2017
jpphilips:

Have you even checked the non proliferation bottlenecks to be sure Nigeria is allowed to develop such capabilities?
You think you can just go and develop any weapon system and deploy?
Unless it is a WMD, Nuke, Biological or Chemical weapon. We can certainly build or acquire an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile(ICBM) so far its not meant to carry a nuclear warhead. However the UNSC or UN gen council can place a ban on it and revoke our right to build or acquire such capabilities.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 12, 2017
Danty37:
I'm certainly one of them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by mytym(m): 5:43pm On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:
I'm really happy for CU. We even got more citations than University of California, Berkeley! The Research Clusters are really coming alive to their work. I would be so much happy when they lead globally in Engineering as a whole. After checking Elsevier document I discovered the Corossion inhibor and Carbon Steel research cluster is led by one family-The Loto family. It seems the Father who is a senior Lecturer is constantly working in that fuel with his sons who are also lecurers. Good work.

I think Bshop Oyedepo and CUCRID has also granted Prof Sanjay and his folks about $816,000 to go into Software development and reverse engineering.

Can barely see the pictures tho.

True. Until CU and other Nigerian unis get frequent ratings on Overall Engineering innovations, the world won't take us serious.

I'm not pro-private unis but in recent times, CU has greatly proven to be exceptional. This is commendable really.

And I'm especially delighted because CU and UI ranked higher than Almighty King Fahd University...Shows Nigeria will get there soon. Saudi Arabia doesn't joke with research.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 5:46pm On May 12, 2017
mytym:

True. Until CU and other Nigerian unis get ratings on Engineering innovations, the world won't take us serious.

I'm not pro-private unis but in recent times, CU has greatly proven to be exceptional. This is commendable really.

And I'm especially delighted because CU nd U I ranked higher than Almighty King Fahd University...Shows Nigeria will get there soon.

King fahd university. How about them? What makes the school almighty?
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by mytym(m): 5:50pm On May 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

Their funding for Engineering research is up there.
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 6:02pm On May 12, 2017
mytym:

Their funding for Engineering research is up there.

Yes, I just looked them up. Thank you.
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Demmzy15(m): 7:03pm On May 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

Just know that it's an American University in saudi arabia. Medicine, science and engineering is very nice there!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ijmb In Ilorin - Everything You Need To Know And More / Unn Pre-science/remedial/pre-degree Form/diploma Form Out For Sale / How Federal Universities Ignore Email Enquiries In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.