Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities (18660 Views)

10 Things You Didn't Know About Covenant University: World Universities Ranking / Times World Universities Rankings 2020: See How African Universities Fared / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by vantage001: 9:58am On May 12, 2017
marv1:
. The achievements they have made. You could not congratulate them. You are asking for more. Nigerians and funny remarks are 5 and 6. CU only works on focus, if they feel like going further in any other research they can still achieve that. so relax it is a gradual process.
No, i am calling for a radical shift.
If they want their research to be appreciated by the powers that be, then they need to make it very relevant.
If they develop a conventional missile that has a strike range of 3000km, or an electro-magenetic pulse bomb(EMP), nobody will tell Buhari to fund and implement their research.
Countries especially in under-developed africa will be falling over themselves to fund it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 10:01am On May 12, 2017
Demmzy15:
Regarding ABUAD and funds, I think this is grossly overrated. The area they messed up was when they allowed wema bank to complete some of their projects and as you know how banks behave when you delay their payments.

Besides, the teaching hospital and other complexes are 95% complete with the school funds. If they finish with the debt from wema bank, everything will go back to normal. It's a mistake they'll never repeat, giving banks to handle the school!
Great! But hope you know they recently took a loan of $40 million fro African development bank to complete teaching hospital, build research park, hydroelectricity dam e.t.c

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 10:05am On May 12, 2017
vantage001:

If they want their research to be appreciated by the powers that be, then they need to make it very relevant.
If they develop a conventional missile that has a strike range of 3000km, or an electro-magenetic pulse bomb(EMP), nobody will tell Buhari to fund and implement their research.
Countries especially in under-developed africa will be falling over themselves to fund it.
You are right Sir, but cu would certainly improve. But can you do me a favour and visit covenantuniversity.edu.ng and assess some of the research work they recently carried out and let me know what you think. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 10:11am On May 12, 2017
vantage001:
When are they going to go into full scale advanced military technology? That is what drives the world.
Missile technology, fighter jets, radar development and the likes.
Every single invention from the 18th century that has helped man has being a product of military research.
And US companies and universities have found out long time ago that to get enough government funding and attention for civilian applied research, you need to show the military application.

I did think about this a while ago and I believe Military Hardware research would be relevant in the fight against Boko Haram. I would recommend this to them sometime.
One of their recent research works that was produced this march I about protecting Canaanland, Covenant university from Terroris Vehicular attacks like the one that happened in France and Germany.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Demmzy15(m): 10:19am On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:

Great! But hope you know they recently took a loan of $40 million fro African development bank to complete teaching hospital, build research park, hydroelectricity dam e.t.c
Oh yeah! I also remember that our Deputy Provost of Engineering mentioned that the Hydro-power installation takes a whooping share of about $35 million.

The amphitheater is being constructed by the PTCF funds(20k) students are required to pay at the beginning of each session. Same with some newly completed hostels.

Seriously, the government needs to help many private schools.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 10:22am On May 12, 2017
Danty37:

Very very awesome development. Indeed CU is d new generation havard.. God bless u sir my Bishop Dr David Oyedepo.. Looking forward to do my Msc in CU or Canada.. I am a winner and my case is totally different.. Proudly living faith member.. Faith Terbanacle, Ota...
Concerning your Masters let the Lord lead you to where He wants. Be it Canada or CU, Jesus is faithful to complete what he has begun in you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 10:25am On May 12, 2017
Demmzy15:
Oh yeah! I also remember that our Deputy Provost of Engineering mentioned that the Hydro-power installation takes a whooping share of about $35 million.

The amphitheater is being constructed by the PTCF funds(20k) students are required to pay at the beginning of each session. Same with some newly completed hostels.

wow! 35! Well I hope they sell to the Ekiti environ so they can recoup that money. Do you have pictures of that teaching hospital? I was really amazed when I saw its picture under construction. Might even be bigger than UCH Ibadan. CU is also coming up with a law faculty(already contracted) and a teaching hospital.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:29am On May 12, 2017
Misterdhee1:
Nice achievement. I am only against the school's strict religious values.

They might need to drop some of their extreme Christianity-themed regulations if they intend to achieve their long-term goal. They are right on path tho.

You don't change a winning formula. In less than fifteen years under a 'Christian-themed regulations' they got where they are now and they are set to go even higher

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Demmzy15(m): 10:32am On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:
wow! 35! Well I hope they sell to the Ekiti environ so they can recoup that money. Do you have pictures of that teaching hospital? I was really amazed when I saw its picture under construction. Might even be bigger than UCH Ibadan. CU is also coming up with a law faculty(already contracted) and a teaching hospital.
I'm on SIWES, I'll ask someone to take a picture for me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 10:50am On May 12, 2017
Demmzy15:
I'm on SIWES, I'll ask someone to take a picture for me.
Great do so and also send it to me or tag me if you upload it in any post. Happy SIWES!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by babalonimi: 10:54am On May 12, 2017
Covenant uni s a schl I prayed n planned seriously to enroll my children. U can't come out f dat system n b empty!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Agimor(m): 11:02am On May 12, 2017
BandAid:

"Covenant is one of the most outstanding Universities in the Country.... Kudos to them."

It is one out of two or more! I ain't surprised, anyways. Even some of the so called Nigerian scholars make this mistake.
Nice one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by gabbysegzy: 11:17am On May 12, 2017
Now l know that Bishop Oyedepo is a great man, a man of vision.He is a good role model.Kudos to you baba.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by pacretus(m): 11:26am On May 12, 2017
icedfire:

Who and who make up the government? Animals?
hey!!stop implying stupidity...
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Arsenalholic1: 11:49am On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:

But for paucity of funds ABUAD could certainly challenge. I'm not surprised tho the Chancellor, Afe Babalola, is a force in Higher education.
True, what you said about their Chancellor. I've heard so much 'bout him.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by deebsman1(m): 12:10pm On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:

Lol, so what does a research work do? Kai you need to go back to your village if you don't know that
Research work is always based on findings or discoveries.

Listen to yourself as I quoted above, who is now suppose to go back to the village, myself or yourself. I said they/you should name 1 cogent research discovery they have made ( so simple and straightforward), you can't instead you decide to attack the messenger leaving the message.
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Samcent: 12:20pm On May 12, 2017
vantage001:

Guy, take am easy... E be like say war dey hungry you. U fit go Syria or North Korea, we want peaceful and constructive development in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by MakeADifference: 12:43pm On May 12, 2017
Not some overzealous ...
CU should translate ...

Remove the congratulations you added, it is clear you are a 'hater'

By the way the job of academics is knowledge, not to 'translate'. So CU is doing what they are supposed to do.

datola:
CU is trying but they should translate those findings into visible developments within their locality, Nigeria and the world at large. That is when we can take them more serious. Not some over zealous theoretical Internet relevance finding publications.

Congratulations!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by eterisan(m): 1:14pm On May 12, 2017
So glad I stumbled on this. Covenant university number in wind power research! Just what I needed for my undergraduate project.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by marv1: 1:14pm On May 12, 2017
Where in the world have you seen a radical shift when we are still battling with things we should have done away with. If you can not appreciate where you are compared to where you are coming from then you are only imagining things. like i said things are done one step at a time. When politicians in nigeria are stealing money as if they will never die and everything is upside down. It can never be done by the only CU, If we have 4 to 5 universities in Nigeria who are seriously into research then you can be talking about radical shift. it is only a lazy and unserious man that will say he wants to achieve everything in one swap. Any other comment won't be responded to. I have got better things to do.
vantage001:

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 12, 2017
eterisan:
So glad I stumbled on this. Covenant university number in wind power research! Just what I needed for my undergraduate project.
Yea you can check their journals online (especially Researchgate). Thankfully CU is under an open access policy and you wouldn't need to pay a dime to use them.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 1:44pm On May 12, 2017
Jeromejnr:

The unfortunate irony that exists in this nation.

A nation where young academics have davido and wizkid as their role model!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 1:45pm On May 12, 2017
deleyi20:

What you have failed to realise is that; Those values are the reason they can achieve this feat...

Before making these statements, you should probably do a little more research about the school and understand their vision and how they intend to achieve their goals

You have a point!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 1:50pm On May 12, 2017
vantage001:
When are they going to go into full scale advanced military technology? That is what drives the world.
Missile technology, fighter jets, radar development and the likes.
Every single invention from the 18th century that has helped man has being a product of military research.
And US companies and universities have found out long time ago that to get enough government funding and attention for civilian applied research, you need to show the military application.

Sure, they are looking into that. Engineering and physics depts. are doing related projects (e.g. drones, military jet spare parts production, maintainance and repairs) and the institution is partnering with the Nigerian airforce towards a number of projects.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 1:52pm On May 12, 2017
Arsenalholic1:
I've got lots of friends there and visited too in 2014. The standard of that school is high.

No doubt. They will soon pull up a CU effect in Nigeria!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 1:54pm On May 12, 2017
Danty37:

Very very awesome development. Indeed CU is d new generation havard.. God bless u sir my Bishop Dr David Oyedepo.. Looking forward to do my Msc in CU or Canada.. I am a winner and my case is totally different.. Proudly living faith member.. Faith Terbanacle, Ota...

We really need more people like of papa in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 1:56pm On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:

Men, that will really be a massive one.
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 2:02pm On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:

I did think about this a while ago and I believe Military Hardware research would be relevant in the fight against Boko Haram. I would recommend this to them sometime.
One of their recent research works that was produced this march I about protecting Canaanland, Covenant university from Terroris Vehicular attacks like the one that happened in France and Germany.

Do you have a link to that research pls?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 2:03pm On May 12, 2017
Demmzy15:

This is why we continually advocate that TETFUND be made availabe to every school - private universities inclusive.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 2:05pm On May 12, 2017
babalonimi:
Covenant uni s a schl I prayed n planned seriously to enroll my children. U can't come out f dat system n b empty!
Your dream will surely come true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 2:07pm On May 12, 2017
gabbysegzy:
Now l know that Bishop Oyedepo is a great man, a man of vision.He is a good role model.Kudos to you baba.

A man of great visions and great commitment to their fulfillment. I look forward to that day when Nigeria will have a president like him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 2:08pm On May 12, 2017
Arsenalholic1:
True, what you said about their Chancellor. I've heard so much 'bout him.

He's one of the forces that drove unilag to where it is today!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ijmb In Ilorin - Everything You Need To Know And More / Unn Pre-science/remedial/pre-degree Form/diploma Form Out For Sale / How Federal Universities Ignore Email Enquiries In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.