Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,222 members, 7,836,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Religion And Rationality - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion And Rationality (3997 Views)

The Rationality/irrationality Behind Fasting / The Axiom Of Rationality: All Men Are Rational (greedy) / Sprat Society For Promoting Rationality |society Rationality | Rationale | Ratio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Religion And Rationality by Krayola(m): 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2010
jagunlabi:

While you are entitled to your disbelief in what is called a soul, to "show" it's existence to you and your very limited 5 senses perception will be problematic because the soul is beyond sensory perception.

Just like that God you like to insult people for believing. I'm sorry, Jagunlabi, I won't let you get away with making the same type of arguments you ridicule Christians and Muslims for making. It's only fair that I ask you to, at least, explain how you come to know of the soul that you can not sense. What part does your brain play in apprehending this "soul"?
Re: Religion And Rationality by jagunlabi(m): 2:55pm On Jan 19, 2010
The matter of soul is beyond religion,krayola.This is no longer restricted to religion, but while it has always been in the ancient spiritual traditions, it is now every bit scientific.Scientists have now begun to investigate the anatomy, yes, the anatomy of consciousness, which is also known as the "soul".So you need to ditch the 1920s science that are still being taught in schools and get yourself familiar with modern science which has gone energetic.

When i talk about soul, i am not doing so from the religious perspective, but from both spiritual and scientific.So please, don't lump me up with religious folks, i detest that.

I ask you one question; "WHO SEES WHAT YOU SEE?" "WHO PERCEIVES EVERYTHING THAT YOU PERCEIVE?"
Why don't you meditate on that.The entire creation is full of dialectics of life.Everything is opposed by it's opposites,right?If there are things that can be seen(the seen), then there has to be things that cannot be seen(the unseen).Asking to see with the limited 5 senses of perception what is beyond their range of perception is ridiculous.

I can't and don't need to sense the soul with my 5 senses because i am the soul, the consciousness that perceives all that i perceive.The brain is just the biological CPU of a biological computer, my physical body, in which I, the soul, the consciousness resides.I use the brain to decode into this reality, this physical holographic illusory experience that i am having, while i use the other 5 senses of my physical body(which is also an illusion,by the way) to perceive and experience that reality.

To put things into a more modern perspective;
-The soul or consciousness is the TRUE YOU, the one perceiving.
-The physical body is the biological computer through which you perceive, like your desk top PC or your laptop that allows you to experience the cyberspace.
-The brain is the CPU of your biological body computer.
-This reality is the holographic 3D cyberspace that your brain is decoding for your soul,YOU, to experience.
-Your beliefs, ideas, traditions and cultures are your OS and AS(application softwares) that influences everything you experience in this holographic reality and how you experience them.

That is all.That is the secret of the creation.

While i do not expect you to believe this because it is way outside the box, but atleast keep it filed away somewhere.I am damn sure you will return to it somewhere in the future to do more of your own research on it.
Krayola:

Just like that God you like to insult people for believing. I'm sorry, Jagunlabi, I won't let you get away with making the same type of arguments you ridicule Christians and Muslims for making. It's only fair that I ask you to, at least, explain how you come to know of the soul that you can not sense. What part does your brain play in apprehending this "soul"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

. / Why Religion Is Clueless ( Section 2) / See How Bet9ja Was Place On A Church Banner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.