Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,136 members, 7,835,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. (70375 Views)

The Origin Of Lagos And Bini Relationship / The Origin Of Urhobo People / The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by ewa26: 12:33am On May 19, 2017
guys my jollof rice and Sunday stew with onugbu and tomato ketchup is sweet ok

give you Sunday stew the chance to taste as delicious as poss and put d banga,ogiree and birraleaf ok, that the way my mum tot me and it give that otenic delta igbo taste
Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by naijalander: 12:37am On May 19, 2017
Your not making any sense. Do you think before you write your crap? How can the origin of oga be organizer ? Do you realize the world has been in use since before colonial times?

bigfrancis21:

Dude, are you obsessed with me or something? shocked

I just posted a possible origin of oga from the English word 'organizer' and you almost wet your pants. Are you this insecure or something? You barely could not give the 'syllable by syllable' break down of 'oga' in Yoruba as you guys are wont to, and just claimed 'oga' means 'leader' and you expect anyone reading here to believe you when you barely know anything about african history save for Ile Ife and environs? You must be a jokester.

PS: the origin of 'oga' from 'organizer' is highly more probable..
Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by naijalander: 12:45am On May 19, 2017
So Crowther, a largely unknown missionary at the time brought back some words that an entire population uses today. You need a doctor bro.

bigfrancis21:

It is possible that Ajayi Crowther may have taken the word back to his native land after spending some time in Igbo land. The author of that book observed the usage of 'oyibo ojii' in Onitsha in 1832, whereas the dictionary or vocabulary of Ajayi Crowther was not written or published until 1843, or 11 years later.

In terms of academic linguistic evidence, there are two earlier pieces of evidence (that of Olauda in as early as the 1700s and the 'Oyibo Ojii' account in 1832) showing the usage of Oyibo in Igbo land that precede the earliest Yoruba academic mention in 1843. I am not implying anything but this should tell you something, if you reason objectively.

https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011556689
Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by naijalander: 12:49am On May 19, 2017
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. No written records before the 1600s doesn't mean there wasn't a trade relationship between the Yoruba hinterland and Western Europe. And what you have posted here are screen shots, please state your sources

bigfrancis21:
For those asking about the Igbo exposure to Europeans, Europeans started trading in Igbo slaves (around the late 1400s) much earlier than with the Yorubas (from the 1600s or 1700s) who were exported in significant numbers towards the ending of the slave trade, which explains why more Igbo slaves overall (circa 1.27 million, spanning across almost 4 centuries) were exported more than Yoruba slaves (circa 500,000). The Igbo possibly had contact with the Europeans (through Bonny and Calabar ports) much earlier than the Yorubas, thus the mimicking of the mispronunciation of 'onye ibo' by the white man by the Igbos to 'oyibo' is highly probable.

[img]https://tracingafricanroots.files./2015/06/chambers-2002-table1-estimated-percentage-of-igbo-captives1.jpg[/img]

Whereas slavery in Yorubaland did not start until around 1640 (nearly 200 years after Europeans were exposed to Igbos).
Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by ewa26: 12:49am On May 19, 2017
em my onugbu and ogiri Sunday stew will alleviate the need for anyone 2 c doctor ok
Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by naijalander: 12:50am On May 19, 2017
Source for the first image ??

bigfrancis21:
For those asking about the Igbo exposure to Europeans, Europeans started trading in Igbo slaves (around the late 1400s) much earlier than with the Yorubas (from the 1600s or 1700s) who were exported in significant numbers towards the ending of the slave trade, which explains why more Igbo slaves overall (circa 1.27 million, spanning across almost 4 centuries) were exported more than Yoruba slaves (circa 500,000). The Igbo possibly had contact with the Europeans (through Bonny and Calabar ports) much earlier than the Yorubas, thus the mimicking of the mispronunciation of 'onye ibo' by the white man by the Igbos to 'oyibo' is highly probable.

[img]https://tracingafricanroots.files./2015/06/chambers-2002-table1-estimated-percentage-of-igbo-captives1.jpg[/img]

Whereas slavery in Yorubaland did not start until around 1640 (nearly 200 years after Europeans were exposed to Igbos).
Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by ewa26: 12:51am On May 19, 2017
guys stop arguing about this oyibo and come eat my stew and smoky parry rice ok, naijalanda go boil some rice and eat my stews with ogiri and shikin ok
Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by naijalander: 12:54am On May 19, 2017
Oga keep quiet and present us with facts not fabrications. Your people are full of historical revisionist crap. No be today

pazienza:

Are you ok at all?

Crowther was not Igbo, know next to nothing about Igbo language and couldn't have been the one to write Ibo language.

Simon Jonas did the work as Igbo. Crowther never took credit for Jonas work, it's more like you Yorubas in your inferiority complex that are assigning the position of formation of written Igbo language to Crowther, for whatever silly ethnic ego massage you habour.

Where exactly did Jonas tell you that he never heard Oyibo being used in Igboland, are you retarded?

Bekee wasn't derived from baike, that theory had since been found to not hold true in the light of use of the word Bekee in Igboland before Baike visited.
Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by bigfrancis21: 2:01am On May 19, 2017
naijalander:
Your not making any sense. Do you think before you write your crap? How can the origin of oga be organizer ? Do you realize the world has been in use since before colonial times?

Provide the evidence for the above claim.

To make it easier for you, look up 'oga' in Ajayi Crowther's list of yoruba vocabulary written in the 1800s. Provide us with anything you find.

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by bigfrancis21: 2:03am On May 19, 2017
L
naijalander:
Source for the first image ??

Lol. Here's the source bro:
https://tracingafricanroots.files./2015/06/chambers-2002-table1-estimated-percentage-of-igbo-captives1.jpg

What next are you going to come up with?

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by bigfrancis21: 2:06am On May 19, 2017
naijalander:
So Crowther, a largely unknown missionary at the time brought back some words that an entire population uses today. You need a doctor bro.

You're willing to reduce Ajayi Crowther to 'largely unknown missionary...' to score some cheap point yet at the same time would argue in another place and time how he was the best and most popular missionary of his time to boost Yoruba's sphere of influence? lol

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by ewa26: 2:08am On May 19, 2017
bigfrancis21:

You're willing to reduce Ajayi Crowther to 'largely unknown missionary...' to score some cheap point yet at the same time would argue in another place and time how he was the best and most popular missionary of his time to boost Yoruba's sphere of influence? lol
check my stew ok, i put sweeting ogiri and banga ok to go with white rice or supaghetti of your choice ok
Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by bigfrancis21: 2:12am On May 19, 2017
naijalander:

A possible origin of 'oga' comes from the English word, 'organizer'. Except you can prove this word is authentically Yoruba, you are merely speculating.

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by bigfrancis21: 2:20am On May 19, 2017
Another possible origin of 'oga' may have come from the Igbo word, 'ogalanya' which means rich man/boss and is an Igbo term reserved exclusively for rich men/bosses. Rich women are not called 'ogalanya' in igbo language, mostly rich men. Coincidentally, 'oga' used in pidgin English is also used to describe only male bosses. Female bosses are rarely called 'oga'.

Very two plausible origins for 'oga': organizer (English) or ogalanya/ogaranya (Igbo)

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by ewa26: 2:37am On May 19, 2017
guys did you checking out my nice stew
Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by Olu317(m): 7:13am On May 19, 2017
bigfrancis21:
L

https://tracingafricanroots.files./2015/06/chambers-2002-table1-estimated-percentage-of-igbo-captives1.jpg

Stop this fabrication. YOU WERE KNOWN BY THE EUROPEANS AS IBOS /YEEBOS. This is my Reason your story can't be bought by the Western world . And the fabrication of your new identity of “IGBO" came into existence in the early 20th century. I will never take Ibos serious until documents prove otherwise. No known Western historians have accepted your cooked story because there are record of dealing during those years. Ibos were weaker breeds with high rate in suicide. Unlike Yorubas that had a tradition which was and still embedded in “ERI"/ORI CONCEPT. This was the reason the Slave trade merchants don't like buying Ibos. So, forget all the pseudo source(s) you kept churning out. Ibos were weakling. If it's not true, HOW COME FEW ELEMENTS OF YOUR PEOPLE IN THE NEW WORLD DIDN'T SUSTAIN “AFA" RELIGION DIED AND IT WAS IFA FROM YORUBA LAND THAT WAS ACCEPTED? I mentioned AFA because some of the captured slaves were from NRI CLAN. And again on “oga", I have seen the manner at which you tried to make it look as if it was a western world's borrowed. Have you not read about Yoruba dealing with foreign traders from different part of the world during the manufacturing of glass beads era? Oga has been used in Yoruba land for more 100(s) of years without even knowing the period the word came into existence. Do you know the first person to try to do work on Yoruba Language wasn't REV. SAMUEL AJAYI CROWTHER? REV. Ajayi Crowther only modernised Yoruba language, if you don't know. Kudos to him though. Take your time MR because you will get your finger burnt if you delve into area you aren't too familiar wit.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by naijalander: 7:37am On May 19, 2017
was Crowther know to guys like Are Latosa and co ? those guys lived in the same era he did remember ?

bigfrancis21:

Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by naijalander: 7:38am On May 19, 2017
you are clown, this link leads straight to a screen shot, no citations or references of any book. look for another history rewrite

bigfrancis21:
L

Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by OkoNDOoBo: 9:00am On May 19, 2017
bigfrancis21:
L

come up with another fabrication cos this links is a screen shots of one of ur fabrications
Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by naijalander: 5:57am On May 20, 2017
eh ehn now you are using your brain. Ogalanya makes more sense as an origin.

bigfrancis21:
Another possible origin of 'oga' may have come from the Igbo word, 'ogalanya' which means rich man/boss and is an Igbo term reserved exclusively for rich men/bosses. Rich women are not called 'ogalanya' in igbo language, mostly rich men. Coincidentally, 'oga' used in pidgin English is also used to describe only male bosses. Female bosses are rarely called 'oga'.

Very two plausible origins for 'oga': organizer (English) or ogalanya/ogaranya (Igbo)
Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by OMANBALA1: 6:22am On May 20, 2017
Olu317:
Stop this fabrication. YOU WERE KNOWN BY THE EUROPEANS AS IBOS /YEEBOS. This is my Reason your story can't be bought by the Western world . And the fabrication of your new identity of “IGBO" came into existence in the early 20th century. I will never take Ibos serious until documents prove otherwise. No known Western historians have accepted your cooked story because there are record of dealing during those years. Ibos were weaker breeds with high rate in suicide. Unlike Yorubas that had a tradition which was and still embedded in “ERI"/ORI CONCEPT. This was the reason the Slave trade merchants don't like buying Ibos. So, forget all the pseudo source(s) you kept churning out. Ibos were weakling. If it's not true, HOW COME FEW ELEMENTS OF YOUR PEOPLE IN THE NEW WORLD DIDN'T SUSTAIN “AFA" RELIGION DIED AND IT WAS IFA FROM YORUBA LAND THAT WAS ACCEPTED? I mentioned AFA because some of the captured slaves were from NRI CLAN. And again on “oga", I have seen the manner at which you tried to make it look as if it was a western world's borrowed. Have you not read about Yoruba dealing with foreign traders from different part of the world during the manufacturing of glass beads era? Oga has been used in Yoruba land for more 100(s) of years without even knowing the period the word came into existence. Do you know the first person to try to do work on Yoruba Language wasn't REV. SAMUEL AJAYI CROWTHER? REV. Ajayi Crowther only modernised Yoruba language, if you don't know. Kudos to him though. Take your time MR because you will get your finger burnt if you delve into area you aren't too familiar wit.

Guy,please can I borrow what you are smoking. That sshit is ffucking good....lol.
You know absolutely nothing about The Igbo people. White people couldn't pronounce a lot of Igbo words... They pronounce Owerre as Owerri,Onicha as Onitsha,Oka as Awka...etc.
And how can you say Igbos are weaker when they were in high demand during slavery...lol.

The thing pain you ooooo...lol

3 Likes

Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by 9jakool: 8:00am On May 20, 2017
bigfrancis21:

A possible origin of 'oga' comes from the English word, 'organizer'. Except you can prove this word is authentically Yoruba, you are merely speculating.
What is this?
Oga is a standalone word just like many words in Yoruba. They don't even have the same intonation. Why would oga come from organizer? Why wouldn't it come directly from master or boss, but organizer of all terms? Does that even make sense?

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by Olu317(m): 9:31am On May 20, 2017
OMANBALA1:

Guy,please can I borrow what you are smoking. That sshit is ffucking good....lol.
You know absolutely nothing about The Igbo people. White people couldn't pronounce a lot of Igbo words... They pronounce Owerre as Owerri,Onicha as Onitsha,Oka as Awka...etc.
And how can you say Igbos are weaker when they were in high demand during slavery...lol.

This is my problem with young people. Nigeria is indeed a false entity when someone like you literally read and the next to come up with is “smoke related words ". Is it because, this is a faceless fora? Some of the words churn out here online certain words are alien to my Yoruba ethnicity. I guess, that's what make many of you being called “BUSH MEN". It is an aberration of the highest order. It is for a time though. You want to engage me, you don't even have proper ibo's history account, when some of you are even IBIBIO descendants Go check your history first. First, to knock you off my quote; What year did Ibo had language's letters standardize for you to claim, the white formed Igbo Instead of “IGBO"? Why is that some Ibos can't pronounce rrrrr if you claim superiority complex over white men? Who even told you Onicha was anciently part of Ibo land? Do you not know NWEKA was partly BINI enclave? Go and study. Who were the middle men between the community leaders and the white men who were slave merchants ? Who introduced the name to the white men? Were you all known as Igbos/Yeebos? Igbo and IGeebo, which would had been easy to be pronounced by the white men if the White can't pronounce “GB" sound in Igbo? WHAT IS MEANING OF “IGBO" in the South East, without it being attached as a PREFIX to another? YOU ARE ALL CLOWN. YOU WILL NEVER STOP USING THIS FAKE IDENTITY BEING CLAIMED AND CLUNG UNTO SIMPLY TO FORM ATTACHE WITH YORUBA CLANS. OLUKUMI, THAT'S EVEN IN THE ENCLAVE THAT'S CLOSELY KNITTED WITH PARTIAL IBOS /IGALA/EDO people still held unto their identity, irrespective of their location. GO FIND BOOK TO LEARN MORE
Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by OkoNDOoBo: 11:09am On May 20, 2017
OMANBALA1:

shut up, where is the evidence and source, to back it up,
ur brother bigfrancis source is just a screen shot of one of is fabrications to rewrite history.

we know u igbos re history revisionist.
Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by OkoNDOoBo: 11:13am On May 20, 2017
bigfrancis21:
L

bros u re a history revisionist, I took my time to go through ur links, in your profile most didn't exist others re screenshots and links to a blog site created to distort history .
I'm already compilling all ur links in ur profile to expose you to all nairalanders in this section how u fabricate history to suit ur egocentric being
Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by OkoNDOoBo: 11:15am On May 20, 2017
naijalander:
you are clown, this link leads straight to a screen shot, no citations or references of any book. look for another history rewrite

big Francis21 is a history revisionist most of his sources and links

re just screen shots,
doesn't exist
and distortions of history by a blog site .

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by OMANBALA1: 3:33pm On May 20, 2017
Olu317:
This is my problem with young people. Nigeria is indeed a false entity when someone like you literally read and the next to come up with is “smoke related words ". Is it because, this is a faceless fora? Some of the words churn out here online certain words are alien to my Yoruba ethnicity. I guess, that's what make many of you being called “BUSH MEN". It is an aberration of the highest order. It is for a time though. You want to engage me, you don't even have proper ibo's history account, when some of you are even IBIBIO descendants Go check your history first. First, to knock you off my quote; What year did Ibo had language's letters standardize for you to claim, the white formed Igbo Instead of “IGBO"? Why is that some Ibos can't pronounce rrrrr if you claim superiority complex over white men? Who even told you Onicha was anciently part of Ibo land? Do you not know NWEKA was partly BINI enclave? Go and study. Who were the middle men between the community leaders and the white men who were slave merchants ? Who introduced the name to the white men? Were you all known as Igbos/Yeebos? Igbo and IGeebo, which would had been easy to be pronounced by the white men if the White can't pronounce “GB" sound in Igbo? WHAT IS MEANING OF “IGBO" in the South East, without it being attached as a PREFIX to another? YOU ARE ALL CLOWN. YOU WILL NEVER STOP USING THIS FAKE IDENTITY BEING CLAIMED AND CLUNG UNTO SIMPLY TO FORM ATTACHE WITH YORUBA CLANS. OLUKUMI, THAT'S EVEN IN THE ENCLAVE THAT'S CLOSELY KNITTED WITH PARTIAL IBOS /IGALA/EDO people still held unto their identity, irrespective of their location. GO FIND BOOK TO LEARN MORE

Engaging you is an insult to me. You have deep rooted inferiority complex and I can't fix that. You are just regurgitating what you heard people say about Igbo. You are shamelessly ignorant and you are proud of it. I am not here to do superiority contest with a sick man like you. You are a piece of trash that why you can't have a civil conversation. I have watched Pazienza and Bigfrancis here tried to educate you but your block head is filled with hate and inferiority complex,hence nothing can penetrate your brains.

Firstly,Ibibio and Igbo have borders hence the mixture in Arochukwu area who live in the flank of Igbo land.
You don't know anything about Onicha ,so,keep quiet because my town is a stone throw from Onicha. So,keep shut!
Igbo has always been there although we didn't have one unified identity but we always knew we were Igbos.And it is pronounced Igbo not Ibo or Igbo...People who say Igbo are rretards like you who have problem with proper pronunciation.

The rest of that thing you wrote is just sicko...You need a psychiatrist. What a SICKO...lol

4 Likes

Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by bigfrancis21: 4:26pm On May 20, 2017
naijalander:

OkoNDOoBo:
come up with another fabrication cos this links is a screen shots of one of ur fabrications

OkoNDOoBo:
shut up, where is the evidence and source, to back it up,
ur brother bigfrancis source is just a screen shot of one of is fabrications to rewrite history.

we know u igbos re history revisionist.

OkoNDOoBo:
bros u re a history revisionist, I took my time to go through ur links, in your profile most didn't exist others re screenshots and links to a blog site created to distort history .
I'm already compilling all ur links in ur profile to expose you to all nairalanders in this section how u fabricate history to suit ur egocentric being

OkoNDOoBo:
big Francis21 is a history revisionist most of his sources and links

re just screen shots,
doesn't exist
and distortions of history by a blog site .

Hahaha. All these comments and accusations of being a revisionist in 24 hours? Lol, the information provided must have hit you so hard that you could only deny and reject it.

I weep for Nigerians of our generation. I am sure you'd claim to be a graduate because if you were, you would have seen the source of the tabular data you are asking for directly beneath the image, which is:

Source: “Rejoinder – The Significance of Igbo in the Bight of Biafra Slave-Trade- A Rejoinder to Northrup’s Myth Igbo ” (D.B. Chambers, 2002)
Name of published book: Rejoinder – The Significance of Igbo in the Bight of Biafra Slave-Trade- A Rejoinder to Northrup’s Myth Igbo
Author: D. B. Chambers
Year: 2002

Author, D. B. Chambers' book can be downloaded here: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/714005225?journalCode=fsla20

2) Source of the tabular data showing estimated Yoruba slave exports (total sum circa 500,000):

https://books.google.com/books?id=k0gVVh9jwF4C&pg=PA341&lpg=PA341&dq=yoruba+and+voltaic+loss+rates&source=bl&ots=aatmOUPmRX&sig=NVr6f4-4nK9DBQyaLdzLa_LLauQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjwnvaX4_7TAhWGQiYKHWf8AcsQ6AEIJzAA#v=onepage&q=yoruba%20and%20voltaic%20loss%20rates&f=false

Book name: Slavery, Colonialism and Economic Growth in Dahomey, 1640-1960
Author: Patrick Manning
Year: 1982

I do not fabricate nor upload fake 'images' or 'links'. The trans-atlantic slave trade is a field I am deeply knowledgeable about that I started researching into since 2008.

4 Likes

Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by bigfrancis21: 4:39pm On May 20, 2017
OMANBALA1:

Engaging you is an insult to me. You have deep rooted inferiority complex and I can't fix that. You are just regurgitating what you heard people say about Igbo. You are shamelessly ignorant and you are proud of it. I am not here to do superiority contest with a sick man like you. You are a piece of trash that why you can't have a civil conversation. I have watched Pazienza and Bigfrancis here tried to educate you but your block head is filled with hate and inferiority complex,hence nothing can penetrate your brains.

Firstly,Ibibio and Igbo have borders hence the mixture in Arochukwu area who live in the flank of Igbo land.
You don't know anything about Onicha ,so,keep quiet because my town is a stone throw from Onicha. So,keep shut!
Igbo has always been there although we didn't have one unified identity but we always knew we were Igbos.And it is pronounced Igbo not Ibo or Igbo...People who say Igbo are rretards like you who have problem with proper pronunciation.

The rest of that thing you wrote is just sicko...You need a psychiatrist. What a SICKO...lol

@bold...Nwanne I realized that long ago. I have known him and his sick comments since he entered nairaland, though once in a while he posts a reasonable comment. The rest are trashy.

3 Likes

Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by Probz(m): 4:44pm On May 20, 2017
Olu317:
Yeah,So many words gave way for new ones. Yoruba original was more descriptive in nature. Now , take for instance , archaic Yoruba word for lie or denial was o sé/ sé and it is still in use in the rural area. Was word found in olden days iboland close to that? What about IHARÈ?
Ika people still use mgba for nwanyi. Chinenye's the proto-Igbo expert

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by Olu317(m): 5:04pm On May 20, 2017
OMANBALA1:

Votre maladie est géniale.
Re: Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. by Probz(m): 5:14pm On May 20, 2017
ewa26:
em my onugbu and ogiri Sunday stew will alleviate the need for anyone 2 c doctor ok
They'd be dead before they had the chance to see any dibia. Ogili and tomato kwa?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) / Human Face In Awube Stream, Benue State (Photos) / Meet Pastor Ivie Emiko - The Wife Of New Olu Of Warri - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.