Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. (8338 Views)

It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says / Can Any Religious Person Explain Why Religion And Poverty/illiteracy Go Together / Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by WORLDPEACE(m): 10:08pm On May 19, 2017
Seun:
There's no good reason for female atheist to marry a devout Christian or Muslim. It is highly unnecessary, because for every female atheist there are at least 10 male atheists. Also, you would be miserable, because major religions teach that wives should "submit" to their husbands.
I am very sure a lot of these atheist girls here are not opposed to the idea of submitting to their husbands when they get married. Some might hate the word but long for the very arrangement that puts them in that position -most of them long for a mate who is the provider. That is a position of power that tends to demand submission. You might believe it came from religion but there are atheists who believe women are wired that way by evolution- to seek the strong dominant male that can protect and provide for them and that they can in turn submit to. Don't pay too much mind to the things they say about submissiveness, rather look out for the decisions they make.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by ilynem(m): 10:18pm On May 19, 2017
Born2Freak:
I am honestly dreaming of a humanist wedding outdoors

You can marry brother Thomas. There a lot if atheists to choose from here.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by KaBabs1: 1:24pm On May 21, 2017
Born2Freak:

In this country, marriage for an atheist is a difficult thing. 90% of the available single ladies and gentlemen are religious. To be precise, the religious people would mostly be either christians or muslims.

I for one, do not want to get married in a church. Who has time for couple's counselling. Who has time to waste in 2 hours sermon about marriage?

Also, for a woman, I do not want to be beaten to death by an angry fiancee over not going to their church or mosque.

Life is short.

Quick question. Do you by chance stay in Ibadan?
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by Born2Freak(f): 2:15pm On May 21, 2017
KaBabs1:

Na swear? God forbid
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by Born2Freak(f): 2:15pm On May 21, 2017
ilynem:

You can marry brother Thomas. There a lot if atheists to choose from here.

Brother Thomas?
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by KaBabs1: 4:43pm On May 21, 2017
Born2Freak:

Na swear? God forbid

Too bad. We for just link up or something
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 21, 2017
Atheists passing through a lot when it comes to relationship in this country...
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by Born2Freak(f): 6:07pm On May 21, 2017
KaBabs1:

Too be. We for just link up or something

grin and do what? Eat amala at Bodija?
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by Ishilove: 7:42pm On May 21, 2017
KaBabs1:

The hustle is real

Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by Seun(m): 7:56pm On May 21, 2017
donnie:
Wouldn't that also mean that there's scarcity of single women to marry among the atheist fold. Meaning also that some Christian ladies stand the risk of marrying atheists. undecided
Well, yes, but there are many women who are barely religious and would be quite happy to be married to atheists. These women have serious doubts about religion, but they continue to practice it moderately simply because they are used to it or haven't considered leaving it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:12pm On May 21, 2017
Seun:

Well, yes, but there are many women who are barely religious and would be quite happy to be married to atheists. These women have serious doubts about religion, but they continue to practice it moderately simply because they are used to it or haven't considered leaving it.

Provide evidence for this belief .
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by Seun(m): 8:16pm On May 21, 2017
WORLDPEACE:
I am very sure a lot of these atheist girls here are not opposed to the idea of submitting to their husbands when they get married.
I think the idea of one person being compelled to submit to another person for her entire life is incredibly sad. No one should live that way. l don't want my wife to obey me, but I want her to be reasonable and rational and logical. That is all you need. You don't need a slave for life.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:30pm On May 21, 2017
Seun:

I think the idea of one person being compelled to submit to another person for her entire life is incredibly sad. No one should live that way. l don't want my wife to obey me, but I want her to be reasonable and rational and logical. That is all you need. You don't need a slave for life.

I am not talking about what YOU think they need. We are talking about what THEY need. Is that not what's important? They are not being compelled if that's what they desire, are they?
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:35pm On May 21, 2017
Seun:

North Korea's president Kim Jong-un , an atheist , has subjected his wife to a life of misery . She is totally unhappy with her marriage . There were even reports that he has killed her and now uses a doppelganger in her stead .

Stalin's second wife , Nadezhda Alliluyeva, was driven to commit suicide because Stalin was cruel to her and even brutalized her .

Both men are atheists who hated God and religion .

You have no point .

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by AccidentalGenius: 8:38pm On May 21, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

North Korea's president Kim Jong-un , an atheist , has subjected his wife to a life of misery . She is totally unhappy with her marriage . There were even reports that he has killed her and now uses a doppelganger in her stead .

Stalin's second wife , Nadezhda Alliluyeva, was driven to commit suicide because Stalin was cruel to her and even brutalized her .

Both men are atheists who hated God and religion .

You have no point .
i'm amazed by how often you lie. Really! Isn't it ironic for a so-called christian?

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 21, 2017
Stupidity reigns supreme in these parts. Lawd knows I can't marry an atheist 'cos they'll prolly be the cause of my death. Buncha spiritually dead people

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by Seun(m): 8:47pm On May 21, 2017
WORLDPEACE:
I am not talking about what YOU think they need. We are talking about what THEY need. Is that not what's important?
What men need and what women need are equally important; neither is more important than the other. I don't think any human being desires or prefers to play second fiddle to another human being for life. If I am wrong about that, women should speak up and correct me. Many women resign themselves to it and try to cope with it, because that's what our society expects, but they would all prefer to be equal partners.

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:56pm On May 21, 2017
AccidentalGenius:
i'm amazed by how much you lie. Really!

False accusations won't fill the gap ignorance left . Make your own research .

According to researches , atheists are more likely to have failed marriages . The divorce rates in atheist countries are incredibly high . And women are exposed to domestic violence because they are seen as inferiors in these atheist countries . Also , there's a high rate of reported rape cases in atheist nations .

The thing is , Seun wants to give us the impression that religious women are unhappy in their marriages simply because they are required to show deference to their men but in reality women who are married to atheists are prone to rape , domestic violence and suicide .

Plus , look at the successful women in the world and show me how many of them are married to atheists or are atheists themselves . We can start scanning from Nigeria .

Rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:58pm On May 21, 2017
Seun:

What men need and what women need are equally important; neither is more important than the other. I don't think any human being desires or prefers to play second fiddle to another human being for life. If I am wrong about that, women should speak up and correct me. Many women resign themselves to it and try to cope with it, because that's what our society expects, but they would all prefer to be equal partners.
I have not seen any correct me either. Equality is not necessarily fair. To each according to their need is fairness. We want fairness for everyone, not equality. Many women despise equality. Most desire a man they can look up to who is way above their level in many ways.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by AccidentalGenius: 9:00pm On May 21, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

False accusations won't fill the gap ignorance left . Make your own research .

According to researches , atheists are more likely to have failed marriages . The divorce rates in atheist countries are incredibly high . And women are exposed to domestic violence because they are seen as inferiors in these atheist countries . Also , there's a high rate of reported rape cases in atheist nations .

The thing is , Seun wants to give us the impression that religious women are unhappy in their marriages simply because they are required to show deference to their men but in reality women who are married to atheists are prone to rape , domestic violence and suicide .

Plus , look at the successful women in the world and show me how many of them are married to atheists or are atheists themselves . We can start scanning from Nigeria .

Rubbish

i guess pastor chris oyakilome didn't get the memo about christians having a more succesful marriage. You lie alot

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:08pm On May 21, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

I have not seen any correct me either. Equality is not necessarily fair. To each according to their need is fairness. We want fairness for everyone, not equality. Many women despise equality. Most desire a man they can look up to who is way above their level in many ways.

Women have the propensity - its natural - to desire men who would dominate in most areas of their lives . Biologically speaking, it has nothing to do with religion . Religion just reminded women there .

Its funny how this eluded Seun , an evolutionist .
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:11pm On May 21, 2017
AccidentalGenius:
i guess pastor chris oyakilome didn't get the memo about christians having a more succesful marriage. You lie alot

Nonsense . I never said a Christian can't have a failed marriage ( of course , if you are derelict in your part in your marriage , it will fail) ; according to researches , atheists are more likely to have failed marriages . Their women are more likely to be involved in domestic violence than any other group .
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:12pm On May 21, 2017
SarahBonetta:
Stupidity reigns supreme in these parts. Lawd knows I can't marry an atheist 'cos they'll prolly be the cause of my death. Buncha spiritually dead people

True . Marry an atheist and wait for your immediate demise . Hold unto God sista wink wink
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by WORLDPEACE(m): 9:14pm On May 21, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Women have the propensity - its natural - to desire men who would dominate in most areas of their lives . Biologically speaking, it has nothing to do with religion . Religion just reminded women there .

Its funny how this eluded Seun , an evolutionist .
Don't mind Seun. When he is defending atheism he can be a religious fanatic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by AccidentalGenius: 9:15pm On May 21, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Nonsense . I never said a Christian can't have a failed marriage ( of course , if you are derelict in your part in your marriage , it will fail) ; according to researches , atheists are more likely to have failed marriages . Their women are more likely to be involved in domestic violence than any other group .

mercy aigbe must have been an atheist.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by Born2Freak(f): 9:16pm On May 21, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I don't know if you are trolling or you suffer from a condition that makes you lie every now and then.

If anything, the evidence points to Christians divorcing at a higher rate than other religions or beliefs in the USA.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by Born2Freak(f): 9:17pm On May 21, 2017
Ishilove:

The hustle is real

Waiting for the day you post something sensible.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:20pm On May 21, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

Don't mind Seun. When he is defending atheism he can be a religious fanatic.

Its more shocking that he has poor arguments to support his atheistic beliefs and oblivious to facts to confute them . In addition to biology , there's tradition . In most traditions men are seen as superior to women and women are required by culture to submit to men . So knowledge of basic biology and tradition equals destruction of Seun's assertion .
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by Born2Freak(f): 9:21pm On May 21, 2017
SarahBonetta:

The holy ghost revealed this crap you wrote to you?

Guess what? A lot of Christians actually have failed marriages. So get off your high horse.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 21, 2017
Born2Freak:

The holy ghost revealed this crap you wrote to you?

Guess what? A lot of Christians actually have failed marriages. So get off your high horse.
The Holy Ghost doesn't have to reveal nada to me, sissy. It's a fact that atheists are ignorant people who have a god complex. Two atheists marrying in Africa! That's dumb. You better stick to a Christian brother who will sanctify you
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 21, 2017
SarahBonetta:
Am not an atheist, will you marry me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

15 Questions For Evolutionists - Creation.com / 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix / When Happiness Intoxicates By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.