Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen - Crime (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen (62715 Views)

Temitope Arowolo: Lebanon Was Hell, I Don’t Pray For Satan To Experience It / Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time / A Reply To Roberts Lindsay's Assessment Of Nigerians​.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by lionson(m): 1:07pm On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

I think its a "he". I also think this was informed by racism and hate more than anything else. There are too many generalisations. There are bad eggs in Nigeria, no doubts about that, but to say ALL NIGERIANS are like that? That's an overstretching of falsity!
Read the post again and you'll believe he/she is not generalizing. He/she didn't generalise.
It's unfortunate that quite a number of Nigerians are criminals abroad.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Amberon: 1:09pm On May 17, 2017
No, he didn't say 100% of us are criminals. He is only trying to say that the majority of us are bad.
maasoap:

We don't have a working system in Nigeria, agreed. But saying 100% of the population are criminals is a truth stretched too far. He's a racist, simple.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Jaqenhghar: 1:09pm On May 17, 2017
banmee:

No bad bro. About to go to work. Will talk plenty when I get back.
No wahala. Take caare
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by MrEdimulo82(m): 1:09pm On May 17, 2017
Efewestern:

comment like this is the reason the country is still in this pitiable state.

so because few whites did internet Fraud all Nigerian youth should engage in such, what nonsense.. why can't we copy other good things?, I don't see Nigeria developing in the next 100yrs, we are stuck in this mess together, we better sanitize the society instead of justifying criminals action.

That's y most youth celebrate corrupt politicians..

and yes am proud of my country.. grin

Sorry bro....the fact that we have some elements in the system who indulge in scam is not enough to generalize, and that it is common in Nigeria is not the blame of the other good Nigerians. The last I check it is illegal in Nigeria to be an internet fraudster, and no institution teaches Nigerians on becoming an internet fraudster. Be that as it may, the weak link and bad eggs in the system are the ones giving the country another name. No one promote evil except a system that refuses to do its checks which is the sad reality in Nigeria. Same way the evil were promoted is the same we can promote the good. Its appalling yes, but we have to re orientate ourselves and not allow foreigners label us what we are or else we can as well change the country name to Internet Scam country.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by PastorAji(m): 1:10pm On May 17, 2017
This was what I posted there now

I DISAGREE TO some of the THINGS YOU SAID

Fine, the situation that some Nigerians have put the whole country to is painfully pathetic. BUT, there are still MANY (i MEAN MANY) several millions HARDWORKING, HONEST AND TRUTHFUL NIGERIANS living and working everyday all over the world.

Even Jesus said “While I was with them, I kept them safe by the power of your name, the name that you gave me. I watched over them, and none of them, except one person, became lost. So Scripture came true.” (Jn. 17:12 http://www.biblehub.com God’s Word Translation—used with permission) So definately out of every 12 Nigerians there would always be a Judas (do the calculation using projected population of 220 million)

But as a foreigner/expat/multinational have you held your government/financial institutions accountable for the slush of monies/choice estates/properties being stashed away in your country by OUR LEADERS? ROBERT LINDSAY if your government/world leaders stop the export of funds from NIGERIA, then you will see the drastic reduction in CYBER-CRIME/CREDIT SCAM/SCAM MARRIAGES etc NATURALLY

And for the omo-ale’s (Nigerians projecting bad image of your country, do you think the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and other WESTERN/DEVELOPED COUNTRIES are not corrupt

Think Think and Think well
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by godwin120alex: 1:10pm On May 17, 2017
And their criminally minded embassies are reaping Nigerians and other West African countries off by collecting billions of visa fees when they have already made up their minds not to issue visas to Africans even with genuine reasons i.e by meeting up the requirements. An example is Canadian embassy devil will deal with them soonest.

The white pple are more fraudulent that the Africans. They are a bunch of criminals

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by mrLhanray(m): 1:13pm On May 17, 2017
racism or no racism, look around you, most of what is said in the article happens. Everybody is extra-careful.
people have no conscience any more

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by bishopkay: 1:14pm On May 17, 2017
ivolt:

Here we go again, Nigeria is not the only country with unemployed people,
"no job" should not be an excuse to condone criminal activity.
There is hardly any difference between a fraudster and those who hail
and provide moral support as you are doing.

I'm not providing moral support for criminal activities.

Answer this question with all sincerity and I'd rest my case... The logo she put on the shoes and the material she used to wrap some of the pam slippers; are they readily available in the market or not?

Had it been she made those materials herself then added them to the shoes with the sole aim of hood winking people into thinking its the original, then it becomes a fraud! It would even shock you she didn't even know all this Brouhaha y'all are trying to bring. She probably went to the market and bought materials she saw to make her products. This is what I've been trying to explain to most of y'all.

As a matter of clarity though, I hope you are not having this opinion based on tribal differences (because some people live and thrive on hate) as that would utterly destroy the aim of whatever I'm trying to point out.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 17, 2017
Joavid:

If you read his reply to the comments on the blog, you'd see he's an unrepentant racist.

Only an ill informed person with deep rotted hatred can make such generalisations.
When I never traveled outside Nigeria, I used to consider anything white as racist. Until I actually lived among them and realized that if there is anything called racism, black people have shown me so much more racism than any white man I have ever met. It took me sometime to realize that there are three types of black people that like to use racism a defense mechanism: those excons that never had a father or mother figure in their life looking for who to blame for their incarceration, black political race hustlers canvassing for black votes cause they have no real agenda, and the group thinkers who just think all black people should be on one side and the whites on the other. You come across as a very smart person. Don't defend the indefensible. Attack the message not the messenger.

The last time I was in Nigeria, I went to ladipo, to buy electronics, an ibo guy looked me in the eyes and was ready to ripe me off of my 100k, the way 7 of them combined to organize the whole thing made me walk out there with so much hate for ibos and yet they are my own tribe.

I don't believe in racism, I call it hate, even though sometimes people just hate you for no just cause, in our world of today, people mostly do things that make you became hateful towards them.

Nigerians have done things that makes me wonder why anyone in the world would smile genuinely when you say:" I ' m a Nigerian"

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Amberon: 1:19pm On May 17, 2017
Sis wink
wristbangle:

Well said bro

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by King44(m): 1:21pm On May 17, 2017
fuckerstard:
I have been avoiding everyone from that land; in fact, I have been avoiding everyone from West Africa in general because I did some research and I found out that the countries around Nigeria are just about as bad as Nigeria.

This one weak me finish. The guy is not exaggerating tho

I purchased DSTV explora2 from this dstv installer shop, he sold it for me at 42K incuding installation. When I visited Dstv office in GRA yesterday to link 2 decoders na him i ask the guys there for the Explora 2 price and he said it's 20K.

The guy scammed me almost double the price, Corruption is in our framework. Almost everybody wants to use opportunity to scam you.
actually they didn't scam you but you not being smart while bargaining and allowing the love of that material u admire so much to engrave your mind and presenting u from checking other shops is the cause, I have once purchased a cloth that is not more than 3k or 2500 for 4 k, and it was sold to me at 4 cos of those factors I stated, later I came for a cloth that is of same standard with the first which the tagged 4 k last and after I battled out the price with the seller he was willing to sell at 2400 which I don't buy at the end and I regretted not checking other shops earlier, bro na ur fault in a nut shell
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Equado(m): 1:21pm On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

But he is generalising. The truth is that people that give Nigeria bad images are in the minority, contrary to what many think. For every internet fraudster, there are hundreds of honest Nigerians!
I strongly disagree, majority of Nigerians are fraudsters. the average Nigerian celebrates a criminal, internet fraudster or not.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ziga: 1:22pm On May 17, 2017
Not all Americans are intelligent.

And actually, you will be surprised at their level of ignorance for things outside their culture.

Also, most Americans are open minded but some are un-apologetically racist. I think he is mostly attention seeking and we shouldn't give him the satisfaction of giving him any more attention than he already has.

Also, truthfully, we as Nigerians need to improve our moral standing.

Our culture, style of leadership and systemic corruption makes this an uphill task but we, Africans are stronger than people I have met in other parts of the world (This is my personal opinion based on my personal experience)

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by bishopkay: 1:23pm On May 17, 2017
ayindejimmy:

This is straight, if you see her shoe, do you call is fake Gucci or original?
And what's imitation without authorization?
Do you know the number of times SON has gone to raid Alaba International for fake products?

I'm just trying to correct the cloud of opinion you represent in this discussion.
There's no pills or bumper stickers to this, if you want to use a brand, get authorization. Else, float your own brand.
Little things we take has normal here are criminal offences in saner climes

We are still saying same thing from different angles and thank God you made mention of the phrase "saner climes"

Nigeria isn't yet a sane clime so instead of you roasting the young lady, take out your bile on the importers and producers of the logos and materials, the customs service that cleared and allowed them into the country and the authorities that allow them sell it openly with confidence.

Until you do this, attacking the lady would be hypocritical on your part because if those things weren't in the market for sale, she wouldn't have had access to them to produce her shoes in the first place
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:23pm On May 17, 2017
fuckerstard:
I have been avoiding everyone from that land; in fact, I have been avoiding everyone from West Africa in general because I did some research and I found out that the countries around Nigeria are just about as bad as Nigeria.

This one weak me finish. The guy is not exaggerating tho

I purchased DSTV explora2 from this dstv installer shop, he sold it for me at 42K incuding installation. When I visited Dstv office in GRA yesterday to link 2 decoders na him i ask the guys there for the Explora 2 price and he said it's 20K.

The guy scammed me almost double the price, Corruption is in our framework. Almost everybody wants to use opportunity to scam you.

Well, the part that will shock you to the marrow is the one where he will go to church with part of that money he stole from you to present to God as tithe in gratitude for 'blessing him'

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by King44(m): 1:26pm On May 17, 2017
bishopkay:

Answer this question with all sincerity and I'd rest my case... The logo she put on the shoes and the material she used to wrap some of the pam slippers; are they readily available in the market or not?

Had it been she made those materials herself then added them to the shoes with the sole aim of hood winking people into thinking its the original, then it becomes a fraud! It would even shock you she didn't even know all this Brouhaha y'all are trying to bring. She probably went to the market and bought materials she saw to make her products. This is what I've been trying to explain to most of y'all.

As a matter of clarity though, I hope you are not having this opinion based on tribal differences (because some people live and thrive on hate) as that would utterly destroy the aim of whatever I'm trying to point out.
using those logo is fraud, y don't u come up with a nice logo make the pam slippers attractive, neatly designed and relatively cheap and watch if you won't sell more and create a name for your self

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ivolt: 1:27pm On May 17, 2017
bishopkay:

Availability of a tool does not warrant its abuse.

Nigeria already has a very bad image, we don't want to add "knock-off exporter" to it.
The lady might not be aware of the gravity of her actions but many of people
praising her work(including the logo) knew but ignore it because she is industrious
which does not follow.

We should demand higher standard from ourself, else we and our children wouldn't
escape the mediocrity class.

I don't know where you get "tribal hate" from my post, I never suggested such
and foreigners do not see tribes they see Nigerians.
Does it make sense if I suggest that you are supporting the girl for tribal reasons,
even though I don't know your tribe or background ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Tayeni(m): 1:28pm On May 17, 2017
remedick:

It will surprise you how many Americans make knockoffs to riches. That isn't the problem, but also the mindset of the Nigerians. The maker of what you condemn is only presenting what people WANT. You are not a business person and I don't expect you to understand.

How many made in Nigerian products have "made in Nigeria" stamped on them? Ever thought that and ask yourself why?
You maybe right....that the maker was presenting what people wanted. But doesn't it say something about who we are?....when majority of us buy pirated and faked items....we are always looking for short cuts.....both the makers and the consumers. Short cut to riches....shortcut to success. doesnt matter at whose expense.

Yes you may also be right that he is not a Nigerian business person. Because, if you do things the right way here....you most likely won't succeed. So we are back to the same point....the point being that.....there is something wrong that we need to correct
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 17, 2017
He is right, I agree....nothing to do with racism
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by mablie(m): 1:32pm On May 17, 2017
SalamRushdie:

So the only thing you could decipher from that write up is hacking? The write up is talking about the general state of moral decadence that has become the grain of being a Nigerian ...You work with ethical hackers yet your thinking is very shallow like the article says ...We are talking about the dishonest shop keeper , the dishonest pastor, the dishonest tither that has come to church to scam God ...Take it or leave it Nigerians are scum ..I am a Nigerian who currently lives in Nigeria but I dread trying to have any interaction with them everyday except it's highly necessary...Imagine just last week a 5 year old child tried to scam when I tried to buy some stuff from his mums store , the urchin inflated the stuff by 20 naira and even tried to give me a reason for the price hike till his mum came and blew his cover ..
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Respect55(m): 1:33pm On May 17, 2017
Let's be truthful to ourselves. Most of the points mentioned I. That article are facts. My only problem is that he is over generalising.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by TheLogicalMind(m): 1:35pm On May 17, 2017
Tayeni:
You maybe right....that the maker was presenting what people wanted. But doesn't it say something about who we are?....when majority of us buy pirated and faked items....we are always looking for short cuts.....both the makers and the consumers. Short cut to riches....shortcut to success. doesnt matter at whose expense.

Yes you may also be right that he is not a Nigerian business person. Because, if you do things the right way here....you most likely won't succeed. So we are back to the same point....the point being that.....there is something wrong that we need to correct
[q
ivolt:

Nigeria already has a very bad image, we don't want to add "knock-off exporter" to it.
praising her work(including the logo) knew but ignore it because she is industrious
which does not follow.

We should demand higher standard from ourself, else we and our children wouldn't

Does it make sense if I suggest that you are supporting the girl for tribal reasons,
uote author=Ish
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Well, the part that will shock you to the marrow is the one where he will go to church with part of that money he stole from you to present to God as tithe in gratitude for 'blessing him'
ilove post=56593443]This is awkward... embarassed

An ignorant racist writes nonsense and some Nigerians are accepting it as gospel truth.

While we accept that Nigeria is a country bedevilled by corruption, this kind of generalisation has rendered the article nonsensical. How can you say 'every Nigerian is a scammer'? The most notorious scammers in history are Americans, Europeans and Asians. Every crook hiding in cyberspace can claim to be Nigerian because we already have a bad rep.

I dismissed the entire article when the silly writer inferred that Nairobi is in West Africa. I cannot take the thoughts of such an ignorant person seriously, whether black or white.

As for the Emmanuel who commented on the blog, he evidently belongs to that class of Nigerians in Diaspora who display their rock bottom self esteem and inferiority complex by being more American than the Americans.

Crap!

[/quote]

I LOVE READING STORIES LIKE THIS BECAUSE IT'S ALWAYS SO FUNNY TO SEE HOW EASILY NIGERIANS CAN BE TRIGGERED. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, MOST OF WHAT MR. LINDSEY SAYS IS TRUE. THE ONLY REASON WHY MOST OF YOU ARE JUMPING UP AND DOWN LIKE GRASSHOPPERS INSIDE A FRYING PAN IS BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING THROUGH A GUILTY REACTION. YOUR WRITINGS MAY SAY ONE THING ON NAIRALAND, BUT DEEP DOWN INSIDE IN YOUR CONSCIENCES, YOU KNOW THAT THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN IS FUNDAMENTALLY, IRRETRIEVABLY CORRUPT.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by bishopkay: 1:36pm On May 17, 2017
ivolt:

which does not follow.

My friend, you got me wrong in the "tribal sentiment" talk. I'm sorry if it rubbed off you the wrong way. I was only just stating the obvious tribal bigotry that has become so glaring on NL and I was hoping you were stating your points from a neutral point of view. I'm sorry once more if you misunderstood me.

Obviously we have a lot of work to do in this country as regards some things but let's get there first. Remember the Bible says "when there is no law, there's no sin"

When customs and the authorities prevent these importers from bringing in these logos and copyright materials and selling them in our markets with confidence, then we can begin to blame the cobbler who's just a small fry in the scheme of things.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:36pm On May 17, 2017
kahara:
I am a citizen of a country without a leader, a country where every way na way as long as it leads to somewhere. The above account I believe it to be true, the whole truth, nothing but the truth. What do you expect when even the leader of the supposedly giant of Africa has scammed his subjects not once but twice! So help our country men and women, save us from evil doers Lord.

Amen.

Nota Belle: Please who has heard from our President General himself? I hope nothing untoward has taken place.
Oga don't even go there! The president is sick, yes! We voted for that old man? Yes we did! Many of us were so desperate as to vote for an old man because we could not think of any other person that could redeem this country from the hands of corrupt thieving politicians which people like you love to hail. Did you read the part of the original post that talked about EFCC and how the leader is being frustrated? Did you? Foreigners now know the story of how people like you supported a national assembly that was out to get rid of the man that may come after them and frustrate their corrupt acts. Our current president is sick but we had one who would've been better off sick because though young and healthy, he oversaw the worst financial rape ever perpetrated on a country, while guys like you applauded and hailed him as a hero. You come here to talk about leaders, do you people hate corruption? Do you like order? Is Saraki not a hero in Nigeria? Please spare me your self righteous comments abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by whizpa(m): 1:40pm On May 17, 2017
banmee:

Ile Yoruba niwon tI to mi even though my parents aren't yoruba. I know the way you think because I lived there for a while. The simple truth is you don't understand the country you live or you are just a denialist. If you live in Nigeria you are corrupt. There is no ifs or buts about it. It is not really your fault because society forces it on you. You have a car and need to get to point B from point A but a policeman stops you and insists you give him bribe. Are you saying yout have never done that? I have seen where occupants in a bus heckle a bus driver to "settle" am make we go joo. Guy, wake up. The first step in solving a problem is recognizin that you have one. In 2080 you all I'll still be wondering why you are not moving forward at this rate. Smh

Bro Chill.. You see, my problem with you is the fact that you think you know me or anyone else.
Firstly, I'm not Yoruba, though I speak the language fluently. See what I did there.? You basically assumed I was one.
Secondly, I'm not an idiot. I acknowledge how badly corrupt the Nigerian society is. It is to the core. It has become the 'norm' in so many societies. But you talk like you expect me to 'go with the flow'. That's exactly my point. We can't all be the same. People defy norm. My proof is; A lot of people born into Religion are becoming Atheists. Just an example that people are beginning to see past the 'norm'. So, why is it hard to believe that there are people who aren't corrupt in Nigeria?

By the way, you are right.. So many people have assisted bribery.. I haven't. I haven't had the need to.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Timbuktuo: 1:40pm On May 17, 2017
Ishilove:
This is awkward... embarassed

An ignorant racist writes nonsense and some Nigerians are accepting it as gospel truth.

While we accept that Nigeria is a country bedevilled by corruption, this kind of generalisation has rendered the article nonsensical. How can you say 'every Nigerian is a scammer'? The most notorious scammers in history are Americans, Europeans and Asians. Every crook hiding in cyberspace can claim to be Nigerian because we already have a bad rep.

I dismissed the entire article when the silly writer inferred that Nairobi is in West Africa. I cannot take the thoughts of such an ignorant person seriously, whether black or white.

As for the Emmanuel who commented on the blog, he evidently belongs to that class of Nigerians in Diaspora who display their rock bottom self esteem and inferiority complex by being more American than the Americans.

Crap!

Generalisations occur when there is overwhelming occurence of a phenomenon, not every element has to be involved before a conclusion is made that a certain subset is a generally a certain way. That said Nigerian scammers account for a large proportion of the scammer populatio worldwide.

In the southwest of Nigeria, where I reside, almost everyone and their dog is an internet fraudster or aspiring to be one. It has reached epidemic proportions. Go to university campuses and almost everyone is chatting up one oyinbo or the other, collecting dollars, pounds and euros. And it is openly done too. These boys, and girls, have the support of their parents and elders in the community. I was travelling one time and a middle-aged woman was discussing with her friend how her son was arrested by police under suspicion he was a yahoo-boy and she cursed the police people for doing their job and there was overwhelming support for her in the bus. Of course, he's bought a car and is building a house, and it's safe to say she is beneficiary to his largess.

That is the reality of today's Nigeria. Everyone, almost, is looking for a way to cut corners some way or the other. Even religious leaders and community leaders. It is absolute madness. You are viewed as mentally disturbed if you decide to do things properly. That is the truth.

This man may have generalised but he has spoken the truth and may have exaggerated out of exasperation.

Are your fellow country-people deep? Do they aspire to scientific excellence and knowledge and mastery of the human existence? No. My friend and I were having a discussion along these lines and he said, "Nigerians are basic". Which is why we worship money and those who have it to echo Eanuel above.

For the first time in my life last week I actually truky considered giving up on this country. Nigeria is a shithole filled with sanctimonious demons.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:42pm On May 17, 2017
musicwriter:
@fratermathy

In response to this thread I'll be documenting the crimes of white people in Africa. I'll get it ready within 3 weeks or a month. Check on www.africason.com by first week of June or thereabout. Get ready to promote it to white people as well.

Let's find out who's the real criminal.
I clicked on the link in your signature, I scanned through the articles I can deduce you made salient points. I remembered my lecturer back then in college of education, she said some certain pupils were taught in Ile-Ife with Yoruba language in their primary school level, the only subject they weren't taught in yoruba language was English Language. All the pupils grew up went to secondary schools and Universities they all excel in the professions.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Timbuktuo: 1:43pm On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

But he is generalising. The truth is that people that give Nigeria bad images are in the minority, contrary to what many think. For every internet fraudster, there are hundreds of honest Nigerians!

Hundreds of "honest" Nigerians who's crime or misdemeanour of choice isn't internet fraud. Some of you have not paid electricity bills in years and you blame government for not giving you light. The ones that drive against traffic nko? Are those ones honest too? This article is the truth and should be a call to Nigerians to sit the heck up and stop defending our shallow approach to life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by kpaminose: 1:43pm On May 17, 2017
Tayeni:
I know all about that my friend....neo colonialism and imperialism....but you have to admit regardless of the root causes that this society is deeply broken and the general psyche is shattered. Then we can begin to find remedies for our illness.

if you think our leaders are the ones selling us out and not fighting the controls and devices of neo colonialists, remember this.....a society deserve the kind of leaders they have, for they came from amongst us.

Every society has at one time or the other in history been conquered and subjugated.....but what makes the difference is if that society possesses the critical mass of brave , honest , strong characters to fight back mental or physical slavery with swords or with brains.
Where are the heroes of west Africa.
Life is not always as straight as you just made it seem. Every society don't deserve the kind of leaders they have. Do you know about imposition and manipulation? Nigerians were great people before the Whites came and introduced some new concepts to us. I appreciate some of the good things they did but in the process they planted some really bad seeds. How they made sure they amalgamated NOrthern and Southern Nigeria despite knowing it will never work to how they made sure power went to the North despite knowing they were least qualified. How they caused division and planted corruption from the foundation of NIgeria. These seeds germinated into some unqualified people ruling over more educated and literate people which gave rise to hatred and animosity. Which later gave birth to crisis and corruption. corruption gave rise to people trying to form new method of adaptation. When the system is bad, humans will naturally try to formulate new ways to adapt. All the problem of NIgeria can be traced to the Europeans. Read the history of Bini and you will see how sadistic the Europeans are. or better still, that of Jaja of Opobo. All blames still lies on the Europeans. Our only fault is our weakness which I agree is a very big offense.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by God2man(m): 1:44pm On May 17, 2017
BRB
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Timbuktuo: 1:45pm On May 17, 2017
mydavidorf:
she is entitled to her own view.meanwhile,we are not looking for people who like niigeria.we need people who can bring about a radical change in the system.

How much have you contributed to this radical change? Or you're waiting for someone to drop from heaven, like the tattooed oyinbo lady who saved a dying boy from his biological family and relations?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by monchazfarms: 1:45pm On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:
Emmanuel, who claimed to be a Nigerian, commented this:

Only the reasonable ones will understand that the person I just quoted said the naked truth.My only objection is the so called few men of God he talked about;I really don't see any,all I see are swindlers who swindle in the name of God.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Kidnappers Kill Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Reuben Fasoranti, Afenifere Leader / Yahoo Boy Tries To Pluck Out His Mother's Eyes For Rituals In Delta (Pics) / Woman Stripped Unclad For Stealing Handbag. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.