Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen - Crime (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen (62721 Views)

Temitope Arowolo: Lebanon Was Hell, I Don’t Pray For Satan To Experience It / Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time / A Reply To Roberts Lindsay's Assessment Of Nigerians​.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by RosaConsidine: 2:26pm On May 17, 2017
bishopkay:

We are still saying same thing from different angles and thank God you made mention of the phrase "saner climes"

Nigeria isn't yet a sane clime so instead of you roasting the young lady, take out your bile on the importers and producers of the logos and materials, the customs service that cleared and allowed them into the country and the authorities that allow them sell it openly with confidence.

Until you do this, attacking the lady would be hypocritical on your part because if those things weren't in the market for sale, she wouldn't have had access to them to produce her shoes in the first place

I beg to disagree. It's like a murderer saying "if there were no knives in the house, I wouldn't have killed the person". Being a criminal is not just when you commit a crime - it starts when you are willing to commit the crime regardless of if the tools to do so are readily available for you or not.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Naimolawale: 2:27pm On May 17, 2017
monchazfarms:

When we disgrace ourselves on nairaland on daily basis,I wonder why we expect others to say good things about Nigeria.Google "Nigerian news",nairaland appears and the whole world sees us washing our dirty clothes outside.We really don't expect them to like us.

Very true, more reason why i keep my bad behavior within my community and not exposing it out to public. When will Nigerians learn. Even the person running this site does not have the best interests of the country at all. In every comment on this forum, it's insult, racist, religious attacks, political attacks, tribal wars nd so on. And yet nothing is done to cub the situation. But he doesn't care because he's making his money. By now his priorities ought to have shift because Nairaland is already famous but causing more damage in the country nd outside.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ideh01(f): 2:27pm On May 17, 2017
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by blackfase(m): 2:30pm On May 17, 2017
Wrong move on their part if you ask me. Genuine recipients will only be made to suffer. These scumbags know how to route their scam money from one country to another before finally getting to them.

blueseacats:
There's is a call going around now to ban western union to Nigeria. Every well meaning Nigerian should support this effort until the government finds a way to sanitize the society.

For Nigerians in diaspora they know exactly how to send their loved ones money. But the effort is to curb the inflow of scam money into Nigeria.

For those who does not know how dark Nigeria's name is in the international scene please don't quote me.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by RosaConsidine: 2:30pm On May 17, 2017
Naimolawale:
Hmmm... I can't blame the person that form the story. To be honest 80% of what's there it truth, but condemning all the citizens is bad. The person that wrote he was scammed twice the amount of dstv Explorer after going to confirm from the real store is a fool for bringing up that statement. Every where you go, courtesy demand for you to do research before buying any goods at all. He knows the real store then why did he buy it from the small shop at the nearest. Be Wise in dealings, don't be too quick to buy cheap things or not to cheap because you have the money. Correction, Nigerians is only label has most corrupt country because of our useless leaders that tend to spoil the country name due to their selfish interests. Every newspaper is talking about how Mr A stole 50b naira and stash it his/her wardrobe so on. Imagine that going around newspapers all over the world . why won't they tag us with bad names. Indians, Americans, Russia etc won't be tag as such because of their leadership role in their country and the world at large even though these countries are top of most corrupt. To be sincere every individual should change his/her behavior for good in this country. God bless Nigeria, God bless her citizens. Amen.

Really? If you walked into a store while on holiday in Europe or the US and asked for the price of an item, wouldn't you just either pay up for it or leave without buying? How come you come back home and suddenly you have to be "wise" or "smart"?

4 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Bahddo(m): 2:31pm On May 17, 2017
While it is true that many Nigerians have given the world valid reasons to condemn us, I find the writer's exaggeration and generalization nauseating. And yes this is blatantly racist.

No be him fault sha. There's always that group of _idiots that keep ruining our name outside either by getting into all sorts of crime or by licking white asses like lollipop. Then there are the _morons on Nairaland who keep painting others tribes evil to the world, forgetting that outsiders do not know who is igbo or yoruba or fulani or edo. They see us as Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Naimolawale: 2:34pm On May 17, 2017
RosaConsidine:

Really? If you walked into a store while on holiday in Europe or the US and asked for the price of an item, wouldn't you just either pay up for it or leave without buying? How come you come back home and suddenly you have to be "wise" or "smart"?

Thanks for saying store. Walking into a store not going by the roads side to buy things because you just land from Europe or USA. And stop comparing Europe mentality to ours. Everywhere you go in this world, you adapt to every situation you find yourself. That's what make A different from B
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by iceboy4752(m): 2:35pm On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:

I think its a "he". I also think this was informed by racism and hate more than anything else. There are too many generalisations. There are bad eggs in Nigeria, no doubts about that, but to say ALL NIGERIANS are like that? That's an overstretching of falsity!

This is exactly what's happening to the Muslims. Just because of the actions by the black sheep of Islam, people see the definition of Islam through them.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Olumaeme: 2:39pm On May 17, 2017
SlimAdenike:
To some extent the guy is right but assuming all Nigerians are fraudsters and crooks is just plain stupid and hateful.

We have so many honest Nigerians that wish this country well and we have the bad eggs that keeps ruining the imagine of our nation.

He never said all Nigerians, he only said majority, which is true.

Just like when they say, Nigeria is a poor country or nigerians are poor, but we have billionaires Na....

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Naimolawale: 2:40pm On May 17, 2017
It's what you say in this forum that matters to the world reading. They don't have to smallest clue of what's going on in Nigeria. Its because we all attack and condem ours here. What do you expect them to say. The only thing they know is where's he from. Nigeria, nothing else
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by konfused: 2:41pm On May 17, 2017
TheVictorious:

I'm trying to make you know that this isn't an insult on us. Yes the average Nigerian is one so far he's benefiting something - money wise. The system tolerates and encourages them. I ask, how many Nigerians tell their sons, friends, neighbors to go and return back stolen objects. I was once in a bus and the conductor gave me a money and said that it dropped from me. I collected it and checked to confirm that it was not mine, then handed over to him. You need to see the reaction of everybody in the bus. You may never know the character of the average Nigerian until the situation warrants him to show his character. This is why people's religiosity mean nothing to me when discussing business. And if they try to magnify it to show alignment with me, I become very suspicious.

If you still don't really know all this, I will assume that you're an honest Nigerian that is naive. Wait till you experience first hand.

Dude, I totally understand you very well, we re all aware of the ills of our country Nigeria, but coming from an individual that has nothing to gain but tarnish our image by publishing such is what am against. He didn't write that article to correct us but to spite us, that's my own.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:41pm On May 17, 2017
TheLogicalMind:
[quote author=Ishilove post=56593443]This is awkward... embarassed

An ignorant racist writes nonsense and some Nigerians are accepting it as gospel truth.

While we accept that Nigeria is a country bedevilled by corruption, this kind of generalisation has rendered the article nonsensical. How can you say 'every Nigerian is a scammer'? The most notorious scammers in history are Americans, Europeans and Asians. Every crook hiding in cyberspace can claim to be Nigerian because we already have a bad rep.

I dismissed the entire article when the silly writer inferred that Nairobi is in West Africa. I cannot take the thoughts of such an ignorant person seriously, whether black or white.

As for the Emmanuel who commented on the blog, he evidently belongs to that class of Nigerians in Diaspora who display their rock bottom self esteem and inferiority complex by being more American than the Americans.

Crap!

I LOVE READING STORIES LIKE THIS BECAUSE IT'S ALWAYS SO FUNNY TO SEE HOW EASILY NIGERIANS CAN BE TRIGGERED. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, MOST OF WHAT MR. LINDSEY SAYS IS TRUE. THE ONLY REASON WHY MOST OF YOU ARE JUMPING UP AND DOWN LIKE GRASSHOPPERS INSIDE A FRYING PAN IS BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING THROUGH A GUILTY REACTION. YOUR WRITINGS MAY SAY ONE THING ON NAIRALAND, BUT DEEP DOWN INSIDE IN YOUR CONSCIENCES, YOU KNOW THAT THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN IS FUNDAMENTALLY, IRRETRIEVABLY CORRUPT.
lol well, you just concurred to what Mr. Lindsley said too.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Mouthgag: 2:42pm On May 17, 2017
fallout87:
Why won't they say this? Since of these are racists who hate anything that isn't white, but some are saying the truth.

I was attacked in a thread for saying an Igbo woman shouldn't make fake gucci and versace shoes. They were mad at me because to them it is okay to make bootleg items.

With trash like that why wouldn't Nigeria be backward.
Here is a bigger problem! What is white?
Do you know colours at all?
No human can ever have a white or black skin.
I'm African but not black.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by musicwriter(m): 2:44pm On May 17, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

I clicked on the link in your signature, I scanned through the articles I can deduce you made salient points. I remembered my lecturer back then in college of education, she said some certain pupils were taught in Ile-Ife with Yoruba language in their primary school level, the only subject they weren't taught in yoruba language was English Language. All the pupils grew up went to secondary schools and Universities they all excel in the professions.

Yes, when you study in your native language learning happens naturally; just like your mother talking to you as a child, therefore, students stand a better chance to excel. That's the only reason countries like China, Japan, Korea, Russia, e.t.c are doing better than us, especially the sciences. Those who handle education in Africa need wake up and understand English is just a subject; like every other subject in school.

English is not the standard for knowledge acquisition. The only reason we think so is because that's what Britain told us when we were colonized.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by TheLogicalMind(m): 2:49pm On May 17, 2017
[quote author=ADAMUdaCOWBOY post=56608705][/quote]

You're quite right. One thing I can't stand in life is fake outrage. Nigerians lack the moral right to be outraged when someone chooses to abandon diplomatic niceities and decides to tell them a few home truths. If you guys show this much anger towards corruption itself, people like Robert Lindsey wouldn't have a willing audience listening to his views.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by abels(m): 2:49pm On May 17, 2017
Tis one weak me
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by mykelmeezy: 2:52pm On May 17, 2017
sirusX:

You don't really have to be shallow and assume you know everyone in Nigeria...or met everyone

Even if there is a statistics that most people are...don't judge people based on your convictions

its not judging its a fact

like i said earlier there is intentional and unintentional racism

n every breathing soul does it
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by TheVictorious(m): 2:53pm On May 17, 2017
konfused:

Dude, I totally understand you very well, we re all aware of the ills of our country Nigeria, but coming from an individual that has nothing to gain but tarnish our image by publishing such is what am against. He didn't write that article to correct us but to spite us, that's my own.

For whatever reason he wrote it, majority of Nigerians still don't accept it's the truth and may never even accept because they are the ones the article is referring to. Which is the sad fact here. You cannot correct an ill that you've not first acknowledge to be existent.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by nefertitiram: 3:01pm On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:
Emmanuel, who claimed to be a Nigerian, commented this:

But this is nothing but the truth. And you dont see this truth until you have the opportunity to live in saner climes and realise you have been crazy all your life.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by frank016(m): 3:04pm On May 17, 2017
There must always be balance, one way or the other. Our politicians steal public funds invest it overseas, we are major consumers of almost every product that comes to Africa. I'm not supporting scam but they too have a role to play.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by phoexix: 3:04pm On May 17, 2017
This is serious
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 17, 2017
whizpa:

Really? Then I guess you don't deny the fact that one of your relative is a scammer.
Y'all be acting like you can't read. 80% of Nigerians are scammers and you agree? Bruh!!!
In my country scamming is glorified, we better face the truth and try redeeming our image...

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by e13sina(m): 3:17pm On May 17, 2017
SlimAdenike:
To some extent the guy is right but assuming all Nigerians are fraudsters and crooks is just plain stupid and hateful.

We have so many honest Nigerians that wish this country well and we have the bad eggs that keeps ruining the imagine of our nation.

Mind it, those you called the bad eggs are not ruining the image of the nation, they're just being creative in a way, but I'm not saying it's the best thing to do tho. The so called leaders are the people doing the damage to the nation, no employment, housing, electricity, habitable roads, security, minus the fun. Look at it the other way round, if we had millions armed robbers, kidnappers, hired killers, what would the image of our beloved nation be like? Would you be able to walk the streets at anytime? But yet these so called bad eggs took it to the level where you need common sense to survive so that the crime rate don't reach maximum, now you blame it on them instead of the crooked leaders? Sorry, forgive my questions but we can't overlook individual mistakes too. You need to visit other countries to be able to tell the level of corruption in our beloved nation, blame the leaders!

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by NerdyFullo(m): 3:19pm On May 17, 2017
Just read it from the blog; the comments are heart-breaking

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by enomakos(m): 3:21pm On May 17, 2017
fratermathy:
Ricardo also commented this:
do you know where this Richardo guy work in Nigeria?
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by drss2(m): 3:21pm On May 17, 2017
u can't expect a pipul to behave like normal pipul wen d con3 they live in is a BIG SCAM! d sooner we realize dat nijeriya itself is a scam founded on fraud n operating a constitution of lies, d con3 will continue to be a shiit-hole in d committee of nations.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by armyofone(m): 3:22pm On May 17, 2017
Stayed away from naija churches here...carry the way they do things in your home country to your adopted country ha, the cycle goes on.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by e13sina(m): 3:23pm On May 17, 2017
drss2:
d sooner we realize dat nijeriya itself is a scam founded on fraud n operating a constitution of lies, d con3 will continue to be a shiit-hole in d committee of nations.

Very true broda. You kill am finish..
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by eniwhy: 3:29pm On May 17, 2017
Hey!!! I never doubt the write up most importantly, those aforementioned atrocities committed by Nigerians are true. But if you think Nigerians have taken most important jobs in the United States such as being doctors, Nurse etc due to your laziness. we will remain in America and prevail. There are also criminal in the US who are more dangerous than Nigerians. Furthermore, I'm glad that we are not aQaidas or Isis. According to the history united States was developed by foreigners.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by PDPGuy: 3:32pm On May 17, 2017
durentchigozie:
I'm ashamed of being nigerian. They'd soon come here shouting "Racism!" Stupid people, thieves.
I was in the bar yesterday and overheard 3 boys boasting of a successful scam. Everyone, yes every single nigerian, desperate and evil. They would do anything for money.
Nigerians are so shameless, everything written up there is correct. Even the "begging for money" stuff. We see them parading nairaland everyday displaying their shameless begging proclivities. The other day, it was a Nigerian that went to Richard Quest's twitter page begging for 500 dollars. Just imagine.
Enter american forums, you'd be seeing stuffs like "call (+234..)" Nigeria numbers full there looking for who to scam.
I wish i could strip myself and my kids off this Nigerian nationality.

I just shook my head when I read about the Nigerian who was begging Richard Quest for $500. Even if you wan beg, do am codedly via DM.
But some students are really in need of financial help, and their situation has been worsened by the fact that the Naira has, according to the New York Times, lost 70% of its value in the last 2 years. So, when some students are asking for N20,000 or N50,000 to complete a project or pay tuition, it's genuine most of the time.
Re: Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen by bluntkid143: 3:32pm On May 17, 2017
Nigerians are not criminals

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Woman Stripped Unclad For Stealing Handbag. Photos / Yahoo Boy Tries To Pluck Out His Mother's Eyes For Rituals In Delta (Pics) / Kidnappers Kill Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Reuben Fasoranti, Afenifere Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.