Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? (1145 Views)

Whats Your Take On Female Circumcision / Hidden Truth About Female Circumcision (FGM) that you should know / Are There Any Negative Effect Of Male Circumcision. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? by MedicMan1role1(f): 5:40pm On May 17, 2017
Africa is tribal settlement. Thus through the ages body and facial marks have been used as a tool of identification of tribal affiliation and a protection against the scars of the soul (body marking an ogbanje child). To be born an African almost guarantees 3 things; tribal marks, a name and circumcision irrespective of gender

This is clearly observed in the yoruba kingdom during christening ceremony using the open evidence of scars on the face to show affiliation, hidden evidence of circumcision to mark fertility and the spoken evidence of a name to ensure dominion.

But isn't the time right to abolish some of this evil customs on the young borns who will have to grow in an ever changing world. As long as it is condoned this practice would continue.

we have to Abolish dehumanising new-borns with facial marks and female circumcision

Re: Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 17, 2017
Parents are now in tune with modernization. These aforementioned have gone in extinction or better still, at the barest minimum.
Re: Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? by MedicMan1role1(f): 5:45pm On May 17, 2017
but it is still practiced because it is condoned. Its time to put a full end to this. Injustice suffered any where is a threat to justice everywhere

kimbra:
Parents are now in tune with modernization. These aforementioned have gone in extinction or better still, at the barest minimum.
Re: Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 17, 2017
MedicMan1role1:
but it is still practiced because it is condoned. Its time to put a full end to this. Injustice suffered any where is a threat to justice everywhere

I think there are organisations that preach awareness to these things you're complaining of, to the rural dwellers. With time they'll see how useless such practices are.
Re: Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? by MedicMan1role1(f): 5:55pm On May 17, 2017
The issue with rural dwellers is that they are so stuck in their ways. For instance had it been Mary Slessor did not outlaw killings of twins in calabar, I am pretty sure that they would have been still killing them presently. There are times when a firm stand is necessary to advance our kind. It should be outrightly banned and defaulters face penalties

kimbra:
I think there are organisations that preach awareness to these things you're complaining of, to the rural dwellers. With time they'll see how useless such practices are.
Re: Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 17, 2017
MedicMan1role1:
The issue with rural dwellers is that they are so stuck in their ways. For instance had it been Mary Slessor did not outlaw killings of twins in calabar, I am pretty sure that they would have been still killing them presently. There are times when a firm stand is necessary to advance our kind. It should be outrightly banned and defaulters face penalties

Let's see if one Senator would propose a bill for such practices to be declared illegal or punishable.
Re: Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? by MedicMan1role1(f): 6:03pm On May 17, 2017
I think Dino Melaye is among the proponents on this kind of bill. Same as Abike Dabiri and some other law makers. unfortunately these people can be very slow when the matter is not rewarding their personal interest.

kimbra:
Let's see if one Senator would propose a bill for such practices to be declared illegal or punishable.
Re: Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 17, 2017
MedicMan1role1:
I think Dino Melaye is among the proponents on this kind of bill. Same as Abike Dabiri and some other law makers. unfortunately these people can be very slow when the matter is not rewarding their personal interest.

You seem up to date with this issue. grin I guess it would go through stages for it to be passed if not thrown out already.
Re: Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 17, 2017
What does female circumcision do besides increase the maternal death rate of this country? There is nothing it does for the woman except give here complex health issues. I have delivered babies from mothers who have been circumcised and it's not an easy thing to do. The worst scenario was when the husband asked for the wife to be sawn up again!
Regarding tribal scarification I have no opinion as it's something that is still held in high esteem it's relevance in modern society can be argued but there are many societies world wide that still do it so the jury is out there on that one.
Re: Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? by MedicMan1role1(f): 6:14pm On May 17, 2017
Good points. There is no physical needs for this customs, and they based entirely on fetishism... my take is that newborns should be protected from this scourge that has over lived ties usefulness.

Raine80:
What does female circumcision do besides increase the maternal death rate of this country? There is nothing it does for the woman except give here complex health issues. I have delivered babies from mothers who have been circumcised and it's not an easy thing to do. The worst scenario was when the husband asked for the wife to be sawn up again!
Regarding tribal scarification I have no opinion as it's something that is still held in high esteem it's relevance in modern society can be argued but there are many societies world wide that still do it so the jury is out there on that one.
Re: Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 17, 2017
lol.... Afonja we need to stop this crap.
Re: Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? by MedicMan1role1(f): 9:39pm On May 17, 2017
Unfortunately it is at the root of the yoruba tradition. Afonjas have tribalism in their DNA, just as the arewa has nepotism in their DNA,
OrestesDante:
lol.... Afonja we need to stop this crap.
Re: Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? by NightKing21: 9:43pm On May 17, 2017
Watch as afonjas will wakapass this thread.

they should better know

winter is here..... Valar moughulis

MedicMan1role1:

Unfortunately it is at the root of the yoruba tradition. Afonjas have tribalism in their DNA, just as the arewa has nepotism in their DNA,
Re: Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? by PossieSlayer: 7:22am On May 18, 2017
Afonjas are unrepentant tribalist
Thats why i do not have mercy on their women
the girl from ekiti state lying on my bed now can testify... she can't even wake up
Re: Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? by Vero2sleek(f): 9:40am On May 18, 2017
this is a very unecessary practice. especially female mutilation which denies the woman of sexual pleasures.

very wicked african traditions

Yoruba demons and their counterparts are the full custodian of the practice.
Re: Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? by MedicMan1role1(f): 10:04am On May 18, 2017
its not only the yorubas that do this na... many other tribes still do it
Vero2sleek:
this is a very unecessary practice. especially female mutilation which denies the woman of sexual pleasures.

very wicked african traditions

Yoruba demons and their counterparts are the full custodian of the practice.
Re: Do We Need To Carryon With The Custom Of Tribalmarks And Female Circumcision? by MedicMan1role1(f): 6:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
So...

(1) (Reply)

Is This A Pre-wedding Pics Or What? (18+ Photo) / The Rise Of 'designer bosoms':surgeon Reports Huge Surge(pictures Adults Only) / Beautiful Love Stories: Damilola Share Their True Love Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.