Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum (47868 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode: Tinubu, Osinbajo Will Be Crushed After Magu / Femi Adesina: Northern Elders Forum Is A Paper Tiger, Lacks Credible Membership / Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by femolii: 9:52pm On May 17, 2017
The osus are not with their senses at all they are just wasting their time for nothing,if igbos are tire they can go to hell useless set of people, nigeria will remain as one.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by Guestlander: 9:52pm On May 17, 2017
Pidgin2:
The way Yorubas support the North is not the way the North supports Yorubas, I wonder if it is a case of inferiority complex on the part of the former

Yoruba also supported Jonathan when some elements in the north were against him succeeding Yar Adua. The history of Yoruba politics in Nigeria does not support your assertion one bit.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by Malawian(m): 9:53pm On May 17, 2017
When Igbos have gone to Biafra, let me see the bloody yoruba that will be bold enough to contest Nigeria' presidency.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by malikisunday(m): 9:53pm On May 17, 2017
[s][/s]Is our country to decide and not only northerners to decide
Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by nkwuocha1: 9:54pm On May 17, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

[s]Olodo flaattie!

The minister representing your state in the FEC was under his leadership in today's FEC meeting.

Go figure!!
[/s]

Unfortunately, I don't give a rat as..s about Igbos representative in Buharis government. The minister can join the vegetable and help wipe off his poo outta his butthole for all I care!

My own na to inflate the price of my goods as the dollars rises, while you NONENTITIES buys them off.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by galaxy2020(m): 9:54pm On May 17, 2017
Because, he is a slave abi? just askingooo
Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by GenOrumov: 9:54pm On May 17, 2017
Even as a southerner, I totally agree with this man's remark.

It's like you guys aren't good students of history. Every knowledgeable Nigerian knows there is an unwritten arrangement about power rotation between the North and South which started from 1999.

Obasanjo from the south ruled between 1999 to 2007.
The North was expected to rule from 2007 to 2015, unfortunately due to Yar adua's illness he ruled for almost three years and his Vice (Dr. Jonathan) used the remaining one year of the first term. Instead of stepping aside in 2011 and letting a Northerner continue Yar adua's term, we all urged him on to recontest and throw the arrangement into the bin.

What happened after? That betrayal of the arrangement was one of the reasons Dr. Jonathan failed to win 2015 election and power returned to the North. In essence , it means the South has been short changed of its remaining 4 years as the arrangement should have gone thus:

South: 1999 - 2007
North: 2007 - 2015
South: 2015 - 2023

But it went thus:

North: 2007 - 2011
South: 2011 - 2015
and now North: 2015 - 2023

Look at how we have been short changed of our remaining 4 years !!

Now, the same scenario that played out in 2011 is rearing its ugly head and it seems we haven't learnt anything from it.

If Buhari is unable to continue his term in 2019, a Northerner should complete his term to pave way for the South's uninterrupted 8 years. Failure to do this will lead to the 2015 scenario playing out again. We must not let that happen again. We must learn from the past so as to avert same future mistake. A word is enough for the wise!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by Guestlander: 9:59pm On May 17, 2017
Odingo1:

Those asking for freedom are the brave ones
,while those who ask for nothing are cowards and slaves,they sit on the fence and only identify with a winner after the battle.

Asking for freedom from your peers? Asking for freedom when you are supposed to be equal stakeholders? Somewhere along the way you have accepted that you are less than the others.
Where were you when buhari tried and failed like three times to reach the presidency? Did you hear any northerner calling himself a slave?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by Saintsquare(m): 10:00pm On May 17, 2017
Pidgin2:
The way Yorubas support the North is not the way the North supports Yorubas, I wonder if it is a case of inferiority complex on the part of the former
So igbos never supported the north abi,even after suyalizing 3m igbos

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by Fx55(m): 10:02pm On May 17, 2017
Pidgin2:
The reason for the Yoruba slavish support of the North is purely for the sole purpose of spiting the Igbos.... Nothing else.

These unscrupulous people do not have any problems cutting off their nose to spite their face. They're descendants of a fallen angel. Afonjas are evil.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by 1people: 10:02pm On May 17, 2017
Muslim north is a millstone tied to the neck of Nigeria which makes it impossible for the country to make a progressive movement.This is a re-echo of what Awolowo wrote in the 1940s when he argued the the union with the North was bound to slow down progress in certain sections of Nigeria, pointing out that,as ambitious groups,like the Yoruba,Igbo and Ibibio "are impatient, and want an increase in the pace of political,educational and economic advancement...the Housaa are indifference"( Awolowo 1947: 49)

It may be interesting to read the following part of the interview by TELL Magazine with Attahiru Bafarawa (2002),the then Governor of Sokoto State:

Tell: so what about political power? Is it yours for you to hand out?
Bafarawa: You know the people in the North gave him Obasanjo the mandate.We gave you people power,now we want it back.

Tell:You have just struck the nail on the head.It is this feeling that political power to rule Nigeria is the North's birthright that is the bane of our national unity.

Bafarawa: This is what you always say.But whenever the North is in power,everybody benefits( Tell,6 May,2002:28)

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 17, 2017
GenOrumov:
Even as a southerner, I totally agree with this man's remark.

It's like you guys aren't good students of history. Every knowledgeable Nigerian knows there is an unwritten arrangement about power rotation between the North and South which started from 1999. Obasanjo from the south ruled between 1999 to 2007.

The North was expected to rule from 2007 to 2015, unfortunately due to Yar adua's illness he ruled for almost three years and his Vice (Dr. Jonathan) used the remaining one year of the first term. Instead of stepping aside in 2011 and letting a Northerner continue Yar adua's term, we all urged him on to recontest and throw the arrangement into the bin.

What happened after? That betrayal of the arrangement was one of the reasons Dr. Jonathan failed to win 2015 election and power returned to the North. In essence , it means the South has been short changed of its remaining 4 years as the arrangement should have gone thus:

North: 2007 - 2015
South: 2015 - 2023

But it went thus:

North: 2007 - 2011
South: 2011 - 2015
and now North: 2015 - 2023

Look at how we have been short changed of our remaining 4 years !!

Now, the same scenario that played out in 2011 is rearing its ugly head and it seems we haven't learnt anything from it.

If Buhari is unable to continue his term in 2019, a Northerner should complete his term to pave way for the South's uninterrupted 8 years. Failure to do this will lead to the 2015 scenario playing out again. We must not let that happen again. We must learn from the past so as to
savert same future mistake. A word is enough for the wise!

Between 1999 to 2017, South has ruled Nigeria for 14 out of the 18 years. And this one that Osinbajo is already acting again, I don't know whether 3 full years can be attributed to the North.
So, who is now Born to Rule?
South North?

If anyone wants to go beyond 1999, I hope the person is ready to carry out a coup as Military HOS is different from a democratically elected President. Moreso, this is a new republic - 4th Republic that was started in 1999
Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by King44(m): 10:04pm On May 17, 2017
naijaboy756:
You claim intelligence yet voted for and support a dullard per excellence....your case is pathetic
just keep shut don't u know when to call a spade a spade always wallowing in self pity as if yoruba were against them and not for d good of the country. These northerners are the country's problem
Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by Alariwo2: 10:06pm On May 17, 2017
Good thing they are letting their intentions known now.. they'll meet the yorubas there too

my only fear is the igbos, anything to spite Yorubas who don't give a fvck about them is always welcome . I see them bowing to Hausas en masse in 2019 but their alliance will fail.

Yorubas hold the unity and strength of Nigeria.. it's only a matter of time

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by Adiola(f): 10:14pm On May 17, 2017
Totti9:
i don't blame u anyway thanks for bringing out ur poor upbringing in public bitc-h
I have a strong will in ignoring upcoming idi_oits

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by kikake: 10:16pm On May 17, 2017
Any body, especially from the old SW or old SE regions, who after reading this still believes that one Nigeria shall survive, that person needs to have his/her head re-examined by a psychiatric doctor.

There is no democracy in Nigeria, and can never be - since northern soldiers restructured Nigeria politically, proliferated undue large number of 20 new federal units and hundreds of local govt areas in the one region north. North thus draws undue large number of political representatives to dictate the tunes to southern region.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by Odingo1: 10:16pm On May 17, 2017
Alariwo2:
Good thing they are letting their intentions known now.. they'll meet the yorubas there too

my only fear is the igbos, anything to spite Yorubas who don't give a fvck about them is always welcome . I see them bowing to Hausas en masse in 2019 but their alliance will fail.

Yorubas hold the unity and strength of Nigeria.. it's only a matter of time
but your people yorubas first bow en masse to Hausas to spite the Igbos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by vicmela(m): 10:17pm On May 17, 2017
Are we to leave this country for u ppl alone.
receive sense

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by ModsWillKillNL: 10:17pm On May 17, 2017
nkwuocha1:
[/s]

Unfortunately, I don't give a rat as..s about Igbos representative in Buharis government. The minister can join the vegetable and help wipe off his poo outta his butthole for all I care!

My own na to inflate the price of my goods as the dollars rises, while you NONENTITIES buys them off.

Yet hypocritical flaattieyeasterners wont stop defecting to APC, begging for SGF etc

If I hear...

Flattieyeasterners will sell whatever they have in their shops at any price just to survive at this time.Yeye!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by Guestlander: 10:18pm On May 17, 2017
kikake:
Any body,especially from the old SW or old SE regions who after reading this still believes that one Nigeria shall survive, that person needs to have his/her head re-examined by a psychiatric doctor.

There is no democracy in Nigeria, and can never be - since northern soldiers restructured Nigeria politically, proliferated undue large number of 20 new federal units and hundreds of local govt areas in the one region north. North thus draws undue large number of political representatives to dictate the tunes to southern region.

It was a southern soldier who started it, Aguiyi Ironsi to be precise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by ipodstinks: 10:20pm On May 17, 2017
faseblex:

The Northern Elders Forum has maintained that the North must retain the presidency if Buhari's failing health prevents him from seeking re-election in 2019.
While speaking in an exclusive interview with New Telegraph, the spokesman of Northern Elders Forum (NEF), Professor Ango Abdullahi, disclosed that should President Muhammadu Buhari’s failing health prevents him from seeking re-election in 2019, the North must retain the presidency.

The elder statesman stressed that the region must be allowed to field a presidential candidate through the All Progressives Congress (APC), in 2019 should Buhari fail to seek re-election.

He said in the situation of any eventuality, the Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo should be allowed to complete the current tenure but will not be allowed to contest in 2019.

Abdullahi said, “The constitutional provision says that in the event that the president dies in office or becomes incapacitated for one reason or the other and cannot perform the duties of his office, he will be succeeded by the Vice president.

“But no one is in a position to know at what point he is going to recover fully and come back to office, or whether the unexpected could happen. The northern elders insist that Osinbajo cannot replace Buhari in 2019

“If the worst case scenario happens, and Buhari is not back on seat, the constitution is very clear that the vice president takes over.

“And what we then expect is that he will take that tenure to its logical end and from there, the politics of power sharing will take precedence over anything else.

“When the unexpected happens, in 2019 we will be back to our position that the north should be treated equitably and fairly. And we expect that another northern candidate will emerge as presidential candidate on the platform of APC.”

Abdullahi lamented that the north is still marginalized in spite of the fact that Buhari is president. “To be fair and truly honest, I will say that yes, our expectations have been far above what we saw on ground. Meaning that what we were expecting from this government in terms of equity and justice to the north has not materialized up till now,” he said.

According to him, the North is still being cheated in spite of the fact that one of its own is president.

“For example, if you look at both the 2016 and 2017 budgets, if you combine capital and recurrent expenditures for both years, the North took roughly 30 per cent in spite of the fact that everybody knows that even if it’s by one per cent, the north is more populated than the South. Even in terms of landmass, the North constitutes 75 per cent of the landmass of this country,” he pointed out.

The NEF spokesman blamed Buhari for giving key ministries in his administration to southerners “who don’t feel shy of looking after themselves first before the North, even if it’s on second thoughts.”

Abdullahi said that some of the projects that should improve the living standard in the North have been abandoned even by this administration.

“Take, for example, the Mambila Power Project, the dredging of River Niger, the Ajaokuta Steel and so on. Of course, you can also blame past northern leaders who were in power when these projects were just brushed

SOURCE: http://trendzbase..com/2017/05/osinbajo-will-not-be-allowed-to-replace.html
Yinmu
Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by ModsWillKillNL: 10:20pm On May 17, 2017
Odingo1:

Only in your weird imagination!

Flattieyeasterners have 2 majors masters in Nigeria - abokkis up north and afonjas in the south.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by Alariwo2: 10:20pm On May 17, 2017
Odingo1:

We put GEJ there in the first place not igbos..
we removed him cos of his incompetence and also he was already running the country to the ground despite oil boom..

I chose Integrity over uselessness and theft.. inugo?

kapish?

BTW what can you boast of as achievement in your region under GEJ? NOTHING cos your people were busy filling their pockets instead

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by nkwuocha1: 10:22pm On May 17, 2017
[[s]quote author=ModsWillKillNL post=56622118]

Yet hypocritical flaattieyeasterners wont stop defecting to APC, begging for SGF etc

If I hear...

Flattieyeasterners will sell whatever they have in their shops at any price just to survive at this time.Yeye![/quote[/s]]

ele yi oti ya werey sha!
Very low bred mindset.
Like I said, I don't give a damn about greedy igbo apc-shiite politicians. They can as well go to hell with the sinking zoo!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by Saintsquare(m): 10:24pm On May 17, 2017
Odingo1:

when did we first bow pls,kindly explain before we go into history.
Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by Odingo1: 10:24pm On May 17, 2017
ProWalker:

You've burnt all relationships in Nigeria that you will need another 50 years to build
The best is to stick to your agitation
One dont need any relationship in Nigeria,Boko haram in the north had been fighting to secede from Nigeria and form Islamic state and have been killing people,yet you yoke with them without assuming that they have burnt all relationship,your problem is hatred for Igbos and nothing more.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 17, 2017
malton:
Dumb animals who do not know when it is wise to speak what.

I respect old people no matter how annoying they’re being.

But you see, Ango Abdullahi and his cohort always talk stupid. Of all the things he has been saying since I was old enough to think for myself, I can count on one hand the number of times he has made sense.

He has shiiit crazy opinions on everything. He thinks that by the virtue of having lived through the era of northern hegemony, he can talk however much trash he likes.

On top of losing physical abilities, the man seems to have lost logical abilities too.

When it's them ruling, the Hausa/Fulani pretend not to understand the concept of taking turns. Now, all of a sudden they know the concept better than everyone else.

The thing I hate about these puerile, profoundly useless northern old guard, is that they demand to have their problem seen to immediately as if addressing their maids. From giving ultimatums to issuing threats, and now this? Who the fu#k do they think they are to decide who gets what?

If Osibanjo decides to contest today, he'll win, and there's nothing you bastards can do about it.

Hella annoying and idiotic fellows! Whoever made them the mouthpiece of the people.
These Notherners illiterates irritate me. Who gave them lordship to dictate to us who we should and shouldn't vote for. All the while they have ruled this country what have they achieved except the late Umaru Musa Yaradua. God bless his soul. That man was one of the best presidents we ever had. If Osibanjo should decide to contest many woukd vote for him.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by Guestlander: 10:27pm On May 17, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

Only in your weird imagination!

Flattieyeasterners have 2 majors masters in Nigeria - abokkis up north and afonjas in the south.

It is almost sad watching these people reduce the Igbo to the status of a minority by their actions. Where is the legendary Igbo chutzpah?
Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by GenOrumov: 10:30pm On May 17, 2017
deji15:

Between 1999 to 2017, South has ruled Nigeria for 14 out of the 17 years. And this one that Osinbajo is already acting again, I don't know whether 3 full years can be attributed to the North.

Well, we didn't tell them to field people who aren't 100% fit for the job. You and I know the position is for someone who is 100% physically and mentally fit.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by whitebeard(m): 10:32pm On May 17, 2017
Nkem4040:

Are you pained that he didn't invite you afonjas? Segun Whitebeards, tell me and I won't tell anybody, you want to join Biafraa right?
OK listen don't tell anyone...my answer is NO
Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by irrefragable: 10:33pm On May 17, 2017
prettyboi1989:
they should be ready to have their own country. i think it will be nice to have a North nigeria and south nigeria as two different countries. the northern elders can enjoy their desert.
there will be no South Nigeria. It is going to be Biafra and......

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum by Nkem4040: 10:37pm On May 17, 2017
whitebeard:
OK listen don't tell anyone...my answer is YES

I knew it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

NDDC: Birds, Flowers Listed On Annual Report, Scholarships Sections Of Website / We Only Invited Kunle Olawunmi To Help Us With Valuable Information - DHQ / NDLEA Appoints MC Oluomo As Ambassador For War Against Drug Abuse In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.